If you get vaccinated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a christian, if you choose to get vaccinated, are you putting your trust in God or man?
I believe that God put this virus and Vaccine in certain men's hearts to study and know to offer us a way to resume our lives.

Reactions: April_Rose

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As a christian, if you choose to get vaccinated, are you putting your trust in God or man?
There's no dichotomy here. God gave us brains, and a commission to "subdue the earth" - which is what we are doing when we fight disease.

I will definitely be getting the COVID vaccine, and when I do I will thank God for it and for the people who created it.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no dichotomy here. God gave us brains, and a commission to "subdue the earth" - which is what we are doing when we fight disease.

I will definitely be getting the COVID vaccine, and when I do I will thank God for it and for the people who created it.
I'll tell him that you were thanking God for him when I see him next.

Reactions: April_Rose
Jan 16, 2021
Austin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me get this straight, you trust in man creation of healing who does not believe in God, over Gods healing power, that He able to heal anything?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me get this straight, you trust in man creation of healing who does not believe in God, over Gods healing power, that He able to heal anything?
I'm not sure who you are asking this of. Did someone say that they are trusting in man and not God? I must have missed that!

Much love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@shinethelight32 I would not be able to look at someone in the face, if his or her relative, whom I had dissuaded from getting a vaccination, had subsequently contracted a disease and died of it.
Each person has to decide for themselves...but they need to do their research and make an informed decision.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not at all.

Presumably you eat food grown by farmers and sold by shopkeepers who don't necessarily believe in God, and use a computer that was made by someone who doesn't necessarily believe in God. Why is a vaccine any different?

Come to think of it, why do you assume that all scientists and doctors are unbelievers?

And why do you expect God to step in with a miracle to heal you when He has provided you with a vaccine?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do you think that the scientist that was instrumental in developing these Vaccines is not a Christian man?

Do you know him?
Sat down over BBQ and iced tea at the park with him? (Hint you are on shaky ground here)
Do you know how he likes his iced tea? (sweet or unsweetened or artificially sweetened)

If you don't know his favorite iced tea or how he drinks his coffee...then your condemnation of him is blasphemy.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If I get shot and go to the ER, am I putting my trust in man instead of God?

Nope. God made doctors and the knowledge of medicine.

If someone isn't comfortable getting a vaccine, then don't get it.
@UnrulyBeauty One could also say that funeral parlors have a vested interest in ppl not getting vaccinated, although their managements would not be so sick minded as to admit it.

Life is more complex, similarly, than to categorize people in the health professions as effective or ineffective as to whether they profess faith or not. Providence is far, far bigger than that.