If you have given up salvation, press on for redemption

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I have had a very easy light life, born to a rich family, given a good education, everything supplied. However, I never understood what kind of relationship I had with God. I had in a sense given up on salvation, not because I hated it, but because I wanted something more. This "something more" came to dog me; I struggled to understand why adding just one thing on, to my life, would somehow change it for the better. Then I started to do something about it.

I started to project my relationship to God's Grace, into the future. Projecting God's Grace into the future freed my mind up, to embrace what it was He had for me day to day. I started to press on for Redemption. Redemption is the idea that we can be restored to the former glory that we had in life, before we fell in "sin". Salvation is good, because it gives us a foundation; but Redemption is better, because it does something with that foundation. Redemption gives us character, Redemption gives us power, Redemption gives us insight. By beginning to work in this way, we establish that we want God to work in our lives, not merely inhabit it.

What is tremendous is that I can rest now, I can trust that my soul is going to be delivered, not just of the world and this life, but into eternity, where there is infinite time for my soul to grow. I will enjoy all the good things of Heaven, because I knew the Name of my God and did not deny it, not just once and then having forgotten it, but more and more as the time approaches. This is God yearning in me, that I be delivered of sin, once and for all. I can love, I can trust, I can understand. I love God, now and forever. The time will come when I have to let this world go, but I will have been waiting for that Day!

I hope you too, can lay hold of Redemption - it is the context for which our calling has been cried!

God bless.