If you have read the book of Revelation, and not understood something, you have read wisely (thoughts?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So the book of Revelation, was the first book of the Bible that I ever read (in its entirety) and I have stayed avidly mindful of what I have read there, ever since. But something has dawned on me, over the years (decades now), there really is no accounting, for the mystery of the truth, that it represents. I am not saying "study is futile" or "it fails to elucidate the truth", what I am saying, is that there is a far deeper mystery at the heart of the mystery of the truth, that it imparts. This is what it is to transcend death, through the reading of a holy text. It is not intuitive.

What is it, then, if it is not intuitive? I'm not sure that I should say. Reading it, has brought me to the point, where I am skeptical of all knowledge. To me, it is a "Tower of Babel" moment. My thoughts are scattering and not coming back, I get flashes of this or that principality (horses, trumpets, seals and bowls), my heart yearns for the Church. It seems that chaos around me is dying, and I am not getting swept up in it. This is just a taste of the dynamic that seems to sweep from every page of that book!

In my heart, I know what I want to say, but I find the book of Revelation far more engrossing than that - it is the book of Revelation you should be reading! I have not come to blow my own trumpet, I find that I am utterly rent, that there will never be another book like this! What is God trying to say? That's just it, I think God would prefer that we were just in awe, of all that He can do. In time, God will make the book of Revelation clear, and our obedience to Him will be complete, whatever that obedience might be. As Solomon says "Where do the fool and the wise man end up? Is it not the same place? The grave?" (from memory, Ecclesiastes).

Now I know I hear you say "where is there power, in this? For Christ demands power?" and don't get me wrong, I wish there was a power I could point to, but the truth is all power bows to Christ, all principalities praise His Name. We are nothing, chaff, a dandelion floating on the wind desperately clinging to its one and only seed. We should be in awe of Christ! This is His Revelation! The mystery continues, we do not know its depth or its breadth, only that its tidal waves keep surging, the sea becoming ever more billowing. The world hides, the world and its men cower, but we stand in full appreciation of the might and strength of the Word of God - ready to exalt, ready to extol!

And then I suppose, despite all this, I have the confidence that God's pity will be one great and last master stroke, for me to appreciate. I will stand, for God and He will deal with me as He always has. I will remember to obey the last commandment. I will serve. The living heart of the book of Revelation, giving me constant life; engendering in me a knowledge that all is God's, don't think about it, all is His.

God bless.

Search for mystery in Christ.

God bless.

Reactions: ScottA

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible... for a new babe in Christ to start off reading Christ's Book of Revelation and truly understand it.

One preacher I heard from the false Pre-trib Rapture theory crowd, kept stating the Rev.1:3 verse that says, "Blessed is he that readeth...". He said just by 'reading' it, you'd be blessed! Didn't matter if you 'understood', only that if you read it!

That's the kind of confusion going on in some Churches today. They aren't trying to understand God's Word, but instead worship the ink on the pages! So understanding it is like taboo or something!

To properly understand the Book of Revelation, it requires disciplined study in ALL of God's Word, especially in the Old Testament prophets, and that with first asking God through His Son help in understanding it. Only then will proper understanding in Revelation open up. And hey brethren, the time is very short today.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
To properly understand the Book of Revelation, it requires disciplined study in ALL of God's Word, especially in the Old Testament prophets, and that with first asking God through His Son help in understanding it.
Absolutely correct!
This means that those who have chosen to believe false teachings and are complacent in those beliefs, will only understand the truth, as things take place. This will make it very difficult for them, during the tough times ahead.

Reactions: Davy

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To properly understand the Book of Revelation, it requires disciplined study in ALL of God's Word, especially in the Old Testament prophets, and that with first asking God through His Son help in understanding it. Only then will proper understanding in Revelation open up. And hey brethren, the time is very short today.
Amen. You have said a very inspirational thing, there.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As some so-called Christian scholars of the past have tried to say Christ's Book of Revelation was not penned by Apostle John, but that some other John of pagan history wrote the Book of Revelation. Now why... would a Bible scholar claiming to be a Christian think something like that?

It was because, they said, that Revelation is written in a style so very different than the rest of the New Testament Books, pointing to all the symbology in it.

The reality is that Christ's Book of Revelation that He gave Apostle John to write down for the Church pulls a lot from the Books of the Old Testament prophets, and is a whole lot like the writing style of the prophets, which gives much symbology also. Why then wouldn't those scholars saying that Revelation is foreign to the New Testament say such a thing then?

It is because it reveals those scholars saying that are not that familiar with Old Testament Bible study, plain and simple fact. Not being familiar with the writing style of the prophets with its symbology tells on those scholars, fake Bible scholars.

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So the book of Revelation, was the first book of the Bible that I ever read (in its entirety) and I have stayed avidly mindful of what I have read there, ever since. But something has dawned on me, over the years (decades now), there really is no accounting, for the mystery of the truth, that it represents. I am not saying "study is futile" or "it fails to elucidate the truth", what I am saying, is that there is a far deeper mystery at the heart of the mystery of the truth, that it imparts. This is what it is to transcend death, through the reading of a holy text. It is not intuitive.

What is it, then, if it is not intuitive? I'm not sure that I should say. Reading it, has brought me to the point, where I am skeptical of all knowledge. To me, it is a "Tower of Babel" moment. My thoughts are scattering and not coming back, I get flashes of this or that principality (horses, trumpets, seals and bowls), my heart yearns for the Church. It seems that chaos around me is dying, and I am not getting swept up in it. This is just a taste of the dynamic that seems to sweep from every page of that book!

In my heart, I know what I want to say, but I find the book of Revelation far more engrossing than that - it is the book of Revelation you should be reading! I have not come to blow my own trumpet, I find that I am utterly rent, that there will never be another book like this! What is God trying to say? That's just it, I think God would prefer that we were just in awe, of all that He can do. In time, God will make the book of Revelation clear, and our obedience to Him will be complete, whatever that obedience might be. As Solomon says "Where do the fool and the wise man end up? Is it not the same place? The grave?" (from memory, Ecclesiastes).

Now I know I hear you say "where is there power, in this? For Christ demands power?" and don't get me wrong, I wish there was a power I could point to, but the truth is all power bows to Christ, all principalities praise His Name. We are nothing, chaff, a dandelion floating on the wind desperately clinging to its one and only seed. We should be in awe of Christ! This is His Revelation! The mystery continues, we do not know its depth or its breadth, only that its tidal waves keep surging, the sea becoming ever more billowing. The world hides, the world and its men cower, but we stand in full appreciation of the might and strength of the Word of God - ready to exalt, ready to extol!

And then I suppose, despite all this, I have the confidence that God's pity will be one great and last master stroke, for me to appreciate. I will stand, for God and He will deal with me as He always has. I will remember to obey the last commandment. I will serve. The living heart of the book of Revelation, giving me constant life; engendering in me a knowledge that all is God's, don't think about it, all is His.

God bless.

Search for mystery in Christ.

God bless.
Dear Gottservant,

The book of Revelation can be very difficult to understand because it only teaches its messages through spiritual symbols. To understand those symbols, Paul says to "compare spiritual things with spiritual" (1Cor 2:13). If a person looks for the meaning of the symbols out in this physical world, the truth of the book will remain "veiled".

Also, the book of Revelation has applied to every Elect believer since John received the vision. In the book, it says the seals are already open and the time is "at hand" and that was nearly 2000 years ago!

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

Rev 22:7 Behold, I COME QUICKLY: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, SEAL NOT the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

If the time for the Book of Revelation is still future, how can anyone, especially those who lived and died over the past 2000 years, ever hope to KEEP THE SAYINGS OF THE PROPHECY?

Was Christ mistaken when He said "I come quickly" and "the time is at hand"? Two thousand years is not quick nor can that long length of time mean that the time is at hand.

So what does it mean for the time to be at hand? We don't have to guess. All we have to do is look to scripture and it will give us the answer:

Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of Heaven. With His proclamation in Mat 3:2, Christ was announcing that the Kingdom of Heaven had come - that the time was "at hand".

The truth is the prophecies of Revelation were fulfilled in the 1st century A.D. even before John received the prophecy and they have continued to be fulfilled over and over again since that time within the lives of each of Christ's Elect.

For Christ's Elect, Christ has already come or is presently coming or will come in the future.

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to COME; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne...

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to COME, the Almighty.

Christ's second coming is a recurring event to each of His Elect. His second coming began when He appeared to the Jewish Elect on the Day of Pentecost and He has been coming to all the other Elect since that time.

When Christ comes, He brings the Latter Rain of the Spirit and salvation. It is the Elect's day of redemption.

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

The book of Revelation is not teaching about outward coming world events. The book is teaching on the events which happen within a believer as they travel the pathway to salvation.

If a person has been chosen by Christ to be a First Fruit of His harvest, Christ will see to it that they keep the sayings of the book and find salvation before they physically die.

Matthew chapter 24 is one of the great end-time prophecy teachings of Christ. And just like in the Book of Revelation, Matthew chapter 24 is teaching about the Pathway to Salvation which Christ will cause His Elect to travel in their lifetimes. It is not a teaching on future outward world events as most believe.

In Matthew 24:34, Christ is referring to His Elect (the generation) who have been chosen for salvation in this present age.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Each Elect believer will not pass away until they have kept the sayings of the prophecy and are saved.

When a person approaches the book of Revelation from this point of view, it will be much easier to understand.

Joe

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Gottservant,

The book of Revelation can be very difficult to understand because it only teaches its messages through spiritual symbols. To understand those symbols, Paul says to "compare spiritual things with spiritual" (1Cor 2:13). If a person looks for the meaning of the symbols out in this physical world, the truth of the book will remain "veiled".

Also, the book of Revelation has applied to every Elect believer since John received the vision. In the book, it says the seals are already open and the time is "at hand" and that was nearly 2000 years ago!

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

Rev 22:7 Behold, I COME QUICKLY: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, SEAL NOT the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

If the time for the Book of Revelation is still future, how can anyone, especially those who lived and died over the past 2000 years, ever hope to KEEP THE SAYINGS OF THE PROPHECY?

Was Christ mistaken when He said "I come quickly" and "the time is at hand"? Two thousand years is not quick nor can that long length of time mean that the time is at hand.

So what does it mean for the time to be at hand? We don't have to guess. All we have to do is look to scripture and it will give us the answer:

Mat 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Jesus Christ is the Kingdom of Heaven. With His proclamation in Mat 3:2, Christ was announcing that the Kingdom of Heaven had come - that the time was "at hand".

The truth is the prophecies of Revelation were fulfilled in the 1st century A.D. even before John received the prophecy and they have continued to be fulfilled over and over again since that time within the lives of each of Christ's Elect.

For Christ's Elect, Christ has already come or is presently coming or will come in the future.

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to COME; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne...

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to COME, the Almighty.

Christ's second coming is a recurring event to each of His Elect. His second coming began when He appeared to the Jewish Elect on the Day of Pentecost and He has been coming to all the other Elect since that time.

When Christ comes, He brings the Latter Rain of the Spirit and salvation. It is the Elect's day of redemption.

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

The book of Revelation is not teaching about outward coming world events. The book is teaching on the events which happen within a believer as they travel the pathway to salvation.

If a person has been chosen by Christ to be a First Fruit of His harvest, Christ will see to it that they keep the sayings of the book and find salvation before they physically die.

Matthew chapter 24 is one of the great end-time prophecy teachings of Christ. And just like in the Book of Revelation, Matthew chapter 24 is teaching about the Pathway to Salvation which Christ will cause His Elect to travel in their lifetimes. It is not a teaching on future outward world events as most believe.

In Matthew 24:34, Christ is referring to His Elect (the generation) who have been chosen for salvation in this present age.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Each Elect believer will not pass away until they have kept the sayings of the prophecy and are saved.

When a person approaches the book of Revelation from this point of view, it will be much easier to understand.

Joe

A basic understanding of “time” and “eternity” will explain what we are looking at in Scripture. The phrase “at hand” or “near” is taken from the single Greek word eggizō, and simply means “approaches.” It is not time-specific. It can mean immediate or distant future, like our English word. In fact, it carries the exact same sense as our English word. It carries a broad meaning and does not in any way demand an imminent fulfilment. Other words like “quickly,” “shortly” and “near,” express time from God’s eternal standpoint, not man’s natural position. It is therefore wrong to force our dim earthly sense of time upon God. It is definitely foolish to build a whole theology upon that.

Reactions: Christian Gedge

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A basic understanding of “time” and “eternity” will explain what we are looking at in Scripture. The phrase “at hand” or “near” is taken from the single Greek word eggizō, and simply means “approaches.” It is not time-specific. It can mean immediate or distant future, like our English word. In fact, it carries the exact same sense as our English word. It carries a broad meaning and does not in any way demand an imminent fulfilment. Other words like “quickly,” “shortly” and “near,” express time from God’s eternal standpoint, not man’s natural position. It is therefore wrong to force our dim earthly sense of time upon God. It is definitely foolish to build a whole theology upon that.
Dear WPM,
We are told to compare spiritual with spiritual. We must look to see how the terms are used elsewhere in scripture to determine their meanings.

1Cor 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

We are specifically told the meanings of the symbols do not carry the same meanings as what "man's wisdom teaches". When you look at the term "at hand" in scripture, it always means it is happening NOW.

When the teachings of Revelation are properly understood, you will see that they were "at hand" at the time John received the vision and that they have been happening over and over again within the lives of all of Christ's Elect since that time.

The Old Covenant is physical and outward. The New Covenant is spiritual and within. The events being fulfilled under the New Covenant are spiritual events which happen within a person. We must rightly divide the Word by the two covenants.

Joe

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear WPM,
We are told to compare spiritual with spiritual. We must look to see how the terms are used elsewhere in scripture to determine their meanings.

1Cor 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

We are specifically told the meanings of the symbols do not carry the same meanings as what "man's wisdom teaches". When you look at the term "at hand" in scripture, it always means it is happening NOW.

When the teachings of Revelation are properly understood, you will see that they were "at hand" at the time John received the vision and that they have been happening over and over again within the lives of all of Christ's Elect since that time.

The Old Covenant is physical and outward. The New Covenant is spiritual and within. The events being fulfilled under the New Covenant are spiritual events which happen within a person. We must rightly divide the Word by the two covenants.

Joe

Not so! Your Full Preterist mentors have taught you wrong. Please define "near" for us which you carefully define as swiftness and speed in real practical terms? How many minutes, hours, days, or years comes under that umbrella?

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so! Your Full Preterist mentors have taught you wrong. Our view of time is completely different from God's. There is a big difference between God’s heavenly eternal perspective and our earthly temporal perspective, something you do not seem to grasp. The phrases “a long time” and “a short time” are all subject to the one talking, their perspective and the subject matter under discussion. From man's perspective 2000 years is a long time. From God's perspective it is not. Time is but a blink to His infinite mind and to the eternal state. God is “from everlasting” (Habakkuk 1:12, Psalms 93:2).

We either look at the events of life from God’s heavenly perspective or from man's earthly perspective. As humans, we tend to look at things from a natural, earthly, temporal standpoint. That is why we miss the deep meaning of heavenly truths.

For someone waiting at a bus stop for a late bus on a cold damp winter’s day, 20 minites is a long time. To someone enjoying intimacy with their sweetheart, 20 minutes is so quick.
Dear WPM,
What you stated is "what man's wisdom teaches". Why won't you accept what scripture teaches concerning the meanings of the symbols?

Also, I have no teachers other than Christ. I stopped listening to others many years ago after I was converted and was given "eyes that can see". Now, I only follow the teachings of Christ as recorded in scripture.

The book of Revelation also says that a believer must "keep the sayings of the prophecy". If those prophecies are outward, future events, how can anyone "keep" those prophecies? They can't.

The truth is the prophecies teach spiritual events which occur within an Elect believer. If a believer doesn't keep the sayings of those prophecies, they are not going to be saved in this age.

Joe

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please define "near" for us which you carefully define as swiftness and speed in real practical terms? How many minutes, hours, days, or years comes under that umbrella?
Dear WPM:

Job 41:16 One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.

Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Matt 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Luke 15:1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

By comparing spiritual with spiritual, the word "near" means to being happening very soon or something is close by. It is not specific on hours, days or years.

Joe

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear WPM,
What you stated is "what man's wisdom teaches". Why won't you accept what scripture teaches concerning the meanings of the symbols?

Also, I have no teachers other than Christ. I stopped listening to others many years ago after I was converted and was given "eyes that can see". Now, I only follow the teachings of Christ as recorded in scripture.

The book of Revelation also says that a believer must "keep the sayings of the prophecy". If those prophecies are outward, future events, how can anyone "keep" those prophecies? They can't.

The truth is the prophecies teach spiritual events which occur within an Elect believer. If a believer doesn't keep the sayings of those prophecies, they are not going to be saved in this age.

Joe

I have already challenged your reasoning here today: The folly of Preterism

What is "this age" called? When did it begin. When does it finish?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear WPM:

Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Matt 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Luke 15:1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

By comparing spiritual with spiritual, the word "near" means to being happening very soon or something is close by. It is not specific on hours, days or years.

Joe

You are avoiding my question. Please define "near" or "soon" for us which you carefully define as swiftness and speed in real practical terms? How many minutes, hours, days, or years comes under that umbrella?

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already challenged your reasoning here today: The folly of Preterism

What is "this age" called? When did it begin. When does it finish?
Dear WPM:
This age began with the resurrection of Christ (start of the New Covenant) and it ends when the bodily resurrections occur. Scripture does not give this age a name.

The purpose of this age is for Christ to bring in the first fruits (the Elect) of his harvest. Once this age ends, the door will be closed and Christ's first fruits will be fully harvested.

The final age is for the harvesting of the balance of mankind. It will occur at the end of that final age. There are no other ages outside of this age and the final age.

Joe

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are avoiding my question. Please define "near" or "soon" for us which you carefully define as swiftness and speed in real practical terms? How many minutes, hours, days, or years comes under that umbrella?
Dear WPM:
I defined it as scripture defines it. If you want a number of days, months or years, the term "near" does not apply unless additional information is given in the verse.

Such as:

Touching.

and this one:

Probably hours or days from happening.

However, the term "at hand" means to be happening now. It does not mean two thousand years into the future.

Joe

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear Gottservant,

The book of Revelation can be very difficult to understand

[...]

This made sense. I have said as much myself.
This didn't make a lot of sense, to me. I believe the difference is both with the world and within, at the same time (just interpretted differently)

Joe
There does need to be a culmination, of some sort - that is true. Even so, Lord, come quickly!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear WPM:
I defined it as scripture defines it. If you want a number of days, months or years, the term "near" does not apply unless additional information is given in the verse.

Such as:

Touching.

and this one:

Probably hours or days from happening.

However, the term "at hand" means to be happening now. It does not mean two thousand years into the future.

Joe

It would only be at hand when all the things Christ listed took place and so far NONE of them have taken place.

Full Preterism is heresy!

Reactions: Truth7t7

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most do not wish to know the truth.

It is the main obstacle to comprehending biblical content.

God being infinitely merciful and respectful, He will usually not open eyes to things people choose not to see.

Unless it is somewhat essential.

Reactions: Truth7t7

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This made sense. I have said as much myself.

This didn't make a lot of sense, to me. I believe the difference is both with the world and within, at the same time (just interpreted differently)

There does need to be a culmination, of some sort - that is true. Even so, Lord, come quickly!
Dear Gottservant,

Once a believer can understand (eyes that can see) the spiritual language of Christ (symbols & types), the teachings on the Pathway to Salvation (which are many) will open up to the believer. With this knowledge, the believer will see that the book of Revelation is teaching this pathway over and over again in the prophecies. It teaches them "here a little and there a little" as all truth in scripture is taught.

Isa 28: 9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: 11 For with stammering lips and another language (Christ's spiritual language) will he speak to this people. 12 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Christ teaches His truth in scripture in this manner to keep it concealed from everyone except those (the converted Elect) He has chosen to reveal it. He teaches it in this manner to cause "called out" believers (both the church and the Nation of Israel) to fall away and spiritually die (fall backward and be broken). This time of falling away (the apostasy) is a step on the pathway to salvation all of Christ's Elect must experience.

Here are major events which occur on the Pathway to Salvation:
  • The Early Rain of the Spirit and entering the church.
  • Coming of the spirit of anti-Christ to the new believer.
  • Falling away and becoming a Man of Sin.
  • Hearing and answering the call of Elijah so that the pathway for Christ is made straight.
  • The Latter Rain of the Spirit and the healing of the believer's spiritual blindness.
  • The Second coming of Christ when He appears in the heavens and gathers the believer.
  • The Marriage Supper when Christ feeds His truth of milk, bread, meat and New Wine to the believer.
  • Judgment of the Day of the Lord and conversion.
  • The time of testing.
  • The bodily resurrection at the end of the age.
Also, God established that mankind’s salvation will occur in two groups and at two different times; every man in his own order (1Cor 15:23).

The first group of mankind to be saved is the called & chosen group. They are the Elect, the First-Fruits of the harvest. They are saved in this present age. They are the ones who are referred to in scripture as being "blessed" and as "vessels of honor".

The second group to be saved is the balance of mankind. They will be saved at the end of the next and final age.

When Christ’s work is finished, 100% of mankind will be "born again" and will have the spiritual nature and mind of God. God will then be "all in all" (1Cor 15:28).

The pathway I presented above is taught throughout scripture. Most of the time it is taught in bits and pieces which must to be assembled but there are some teachings which present most of the steps I outlined above.

The book of Revelation is teaching the steps of the pathway to salvation but it's truth is concealed by the spiritual symbols used.

Another truth which is vital to understand about salvation is that salvation includes the spiritual death of the believer. Christ became mankind's near kinsman redeemer by His work on the cross. In other words, Christ purchased mankind's sin debt (the true penalty of sin). Now all mankind owes their debt of death to Christ. Christ will collect that death from each of us at our time of "conversion".

So when you see scripture teach on the death and destruction of a person, it is speaking about them paying Christ their debt of death. Without that spiritual death, a person cannot be "born again".

Here are three examples from scripture:

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

An Elect believer will "take up the Sword" (represents the Word of God, Christ) when Christ comes to them and gives them the Early Rain of the Spirit (Eph 1:13-14). At this point, they begin the pathway to salvation. After they have completed the steps which lead up to the Day of the Lord, they will be destroyed/killed by the Sword during their time of judgment. The believer will then be fully converted.

Here is a second verse:

Isa 66:16 For by fire (judgment) and by his sword (Word of God, Christ) will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Like the other verse I presented, this verse above is also teaching about the conversion event. And like the other verse, its message is hidden in the spiritual language of Christ. The “many” who are “slain of the Lord” is referring to the people who have just been converted.

The third example is from the book of Revelation:

Rev 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part (symbol for the Elect) of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand (perfect destruction): and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

This verse is presenting the judgment of the Elect (the "Two Witnesses). This judgment completes their conversion. Then in verse 15, it says that the "kingdoms of this world, have become the kingdoms of the Lord".

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The truth is concealed by spiritual symbols like all of the teachings of Revelation are. The "kingdoms of the world" are the places which contain the thoughts and beliefs of the believer which they have received from Satan, the ruler of the kingdoms/god of this world. After the judgment of Christ, these kingdoms of the world have fallen. Now, Christ rules over these kingdoms within the believer because the believer has been given the "mind of Christ".

As I said earlier, the book of Revelation teaches the pathway to salvation each of Christ's Elect must travel. It is taught over and over again in bits and pieces throughout the book.

The Elect are the "few" who are "blessed" to be chosen to complete the sayings of the prophecies:

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

For the "many" who are "called" but not chosen (the fallen away church), they will not complete the sayings of the book.

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The "called out" believers who do not complete the "sayings" simply were not chosen to be one of the First Fruits of Christ's harvest of mankind.

Joe

Last edited:
Reactions: Gottservant