Ignored Jesus' teachings or word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Here is what Jesus says:

John 14:15 “If you love me, keep my commands.
(works)

Revelation 22:12
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. (works)

Matt 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” (works)

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (works)

Luke 10:27-28 ...And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. And he [Jesus] said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. (works)

Luke 13:24
“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. (works)

Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

John 9:4
As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

John 14:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Revelation 2:2
I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 23:28
In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Revelation 2:2
I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.

Revelation 2:23
I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

Revelation 14:13
Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Jesus emphasizes to do good works.

It is safe to say we must obey Jesus' teachings to be saved.

You cannot find anything hinting OSAS teaching.

Jesus is the Lord, everyone. We better listen to Him or we will not inherit God's kingdom.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
I am in complete agreement with everything the OP has said.
OSAS is false.
Yes, Jesus is Lord...He is our kind, loving, and compassionate Master. If we love Him, we will obey Him. If we do not obey Him, we show that we do not love Him...we love our sinful flesh more.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Joyful said:
Those verses are all how to get to heaven.

He is not advocator of lip serving faith.

Faith or grace only is doctrine of devil because they preach all you have to do is believe and that's what OSAS teaches.

Christianity is all about doing good works.

There is no such thing as all you have to is believe.

I cannot emphasize enough that Jesus teaches how to do good works in His gospel. It is all written in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Our worldly standard of good works will not get us to heaven. That's why we need to read Jesus' word. Our standards is not His standards. His standards are super high.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Jesus teaches us to love God and love one another.

Jesus' love is not the same as worldly love.

It is difficult because He commands us to be perfect.

That's why we need the help of the Holy Spirit.

If we are sincerely seeking to be true to Jesus, we will be closer to God and Jesus as time goes by.

And it is a life long endeavor.

Jesus is seeking our pure heart.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Barrd said:
I am in complete agreement with everything the OP has said.
OSAS is false.
Yes, Jesus is Lord...He is our kind, loving, and compassionate Master. If we love Him, we will obey Him. If we do not obey Him, we show that we do not love Him...we love our sinful flesh more.
So do you believe you need to do good works to become a Christian?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are trying to do with scripture, that many who follow catholicism do, is justify is your own works. That your judgement of God is good, therefore because you choose God you are rewarded. You haven’t fulfilled the commandments to God’s satisfaction, and you never will as long as you are in this world. Nor would God who is not only Creator but also Judge will have anything to do with your’s or anyone else’s judgement of Him, good or bad. So you seek to lie to others about your delusions of self-righteousness.

What we do no matter what is, is not justified, we can’t justify ourselves no matter what, we say do or not say and do. The only thing justified in God’s creation is God"s Presence, God’s Word and God’s Will. Anything else must seek His Mercy in His Grace. The only thing that stands in the end is what God does, and if you are not choosen to be a part of that, then there is nothing you can do to justify yourselves other than to seek God's Mercy through His Son who has fulfilled the Commandments to God's satifaction. Abraham’s trust in God’s Word to him, was accounted righteousness unto him. In God’s sight. If God didn’t chose to speak to Abraham that wouldn’t of happened, and note, at that time there was no commandments as a covenant (agreement).