Ignored verses?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are these verses ignored?

The bread that I give, is my flesh. (John 6:51)

Not everyone that says lord, lord, will enter the kingdom of God, but only the ones who do the will of the Father (Matthew7:21).

Faith without works is dead (James 2:26)

If you love me, you will keep my commandments (John 14:15).

Those who do not forgive, are not forgiven. (Matt 6:15).

Mercy is above law (James2: 13).

We must forgive others without limit (Luke 17:4)

Love our enemy; pray for them; do good for them; if someone takes our coat, give them our shirt as well; offer the other cheek if someone slaps us on one; lend and do not expect it back; and be merciful like our heavenly Father. (Luke 6:27-36)

Do pay evil with evil; never take revenge; feed our enemy; not allow evil to defeat us; and to overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

To sue another person is a sign of our complete failure (as a Christian); and it is better to be wronged or robbed than to wrong others or rob them (1Cor. 6:7).

No one can put aside, what God has joined in marriage (Mark 10:9). If a divorced person remarries, it is adultery (Luke 16:18). Even if there is unfaithfulness or abuse; we must stay faithful to our marriage vows; just as God is faithful to us even when we hurt him and are unfaithful to him (Hosea 3:1). God hates divorce (Malachi2:16).

Reactions: Philip James

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone kills your daughter and doesn't repent, are we to forgive that person?

If someone comes in to rob your house and then wants to rape your wife, are you to let them?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are these verses ignored?

The bread that I give, is my flesh. (John 6:51)

Not everyone that says lord, lord, will enter the kingdom of God, but only the ones who do the will of the Father (Matthew7:21).

Faith without works is dead (James 2:26)

If you love me, you will keep my commandments (John 14:15).

Those who do not forgive, are not forgiven. (Matt 6:15).

Mercy is above law (James2: 13).

We must forgive others without limit (Luke 17:4)

Love our enemy; pray for them; do good for them; if someone takes our coat, give them our shirt as well; offer the other cheek if someone slaps us on one; lend and do not expect it back; and be merciful like our heavenly Father. (Luke 6:27-36)

Do pay evil with evil; never take revenge; feed our enemy; not allow evil to defeat us; and to overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

To sue another person is a sign of our complete failure (as a Christian); and it is better to be wronged or robbed than to wrong others or rob them (1Cor. 6:7).

No one can put aside, what God has joined in marriage (Mark 10:9). If a divorced person remarries, it is adultery (Luke 16:18). Even if there is unfaithfulness or abuse; we must stay faithful to our marriage vows; just as God is faithful to us even when we hurt him and are unfaithful to him (Hosea 3:1). God hates divorce (Malachi2:16).
I wouldn't necessarily say ignored, but possibly, forgotten or just too lofty to apply?
For the sincere, these are challenging precepts and require maturity and wisdom.
I personally, do believe in the virtue, power and efficacy of love, but rarely do I exude such altruism, compassion and mercy.
Am I ignoring the principle, or just lacking the insight, and thus, the conviction to always act indiscriminately in a loving manner? I hope the latter.
Plus, you were rather selective in your proof-text. In other words, some of the principles that you cited, don't always express themselves in a sweet or gentle manner. Love has many facets, and Jesus often rebuked, criticized, and disciplined, all in the name of love.
But, in general, yes, for a variety of different reasons, Christians are not exuding the virtues that they claim to stand for and profess.
Our testimony, and consequently, the conversion rates, would be much greater if we did.