I'm a bad Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I frequently fail to apply Christ's teachings to how I deal with my fellow man. When people are impolite to me, I am even more impolite to them. Later, I think about it and regret my response. I am ashamed of myself.
I will say brother, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Just you regretting shows that you have The Holy Spirit working inside you. I will bet that at one time, or even most of some of our lives, we gave into this kneejerk reaction when being mistreated, I too struggle with this yet, nothing like I used to and when walking in the world, coming right back at them, and, harder was the norm and no guilty conscience. Now we DO have a guilty conscience as, we learn to hate sin as He does.

So now, when someone mistreats you, just say no. Because:

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

We need one another, carrying around guilt and shame can be quite the burden and we KNOW that His burden is light. So it is good that you come to your bro's and sis's to be prayed for.

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him."
James 5:15,16
God bless,
and get up and dust yourself off cause, you are in a race !! :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I frequently fail to apply Christ's teachings to how I deal with my fellow man. When people are impolite to me, I am even more impolite to them. Later, I think about it and regret my response. I am ashamed of myself.
Please go to my thread and watch that 10 minute video....I cried and cried....repented and cried and cried.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is a beautiful and heart felt prayer of repentance. Thank you for sharing, almost brought tears to my eyes!
Well I couldn't stop...lol. I just felt like filthy rags coming to His Throne asking for forgiveness and left feeling washed...cleansed....unashamed....uncondemned!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I couldn't stop...lol. I just felt like filthy rags coming to His Throne asking for forgiveness and left feeling washed...cleansed....unashamed....uncondemned!
Ahaha...yes, I have been there many times, lol. He surely will allow us to see And, it doesn't even bother us when we get the stuffy nose and headache from it :D
Praise God and, it was an awesome prayer and I hope K9 listens to it, it is only 10 minutes long...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Isaiah 40 has very similar language, right? from an horrible pit and miry clay, to having one's feet set upon a rock, with a new song in our mouths... :)
Yes, and someone I wash sharing with outside this forum about feeling like a grub...meaningless and worthless....said I was being broken in order to be molded and made anew. Being dashed upon THE ROCK...

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, and someone I wash sharing with outside this forum about feeling like a grub...meaningless and worthless....said I was be broken in order to be molded and made anew. Being dashed upon THE ROCK...
@Heart2Soul

Here it is in full, Psalm 40:

I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

5 Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O Lord, thou knowest.

10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.

12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.

13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me: O Lord, make haste to help me.

14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.

15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.

16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified.

17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you know, no man can tell you!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say brother, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Just you regretting shows that you have The Holy Spirit working inside you. I will bet that at one time, or even most of some of our lives, we gave into this kneejerk reaction when being mistreated, I too struggle with this yet, nothing like I used to and when walking in the world, coming right back at them, and, harder was the norm and no guilty conscience. Now we DO have a guilty conscience as, we learn to hate sin as He does.

So now, when someone mistreats you, just say no. Because:

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5

We need one another, carrying around guilt and shame can be quite the burden and we KNOW that His burden is light. So it is good that you come to your bro's and sis's to be prayed for.

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him."
James 5:15,16
God bless,
and get up and dust yourself off cause, you are in a race !! :)

Thank you and I ask that God bless you too.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because you are showing remorse for your actions (as that is the first step in gaining my respect and none of us are perfect) you have just made it off my ignore list so that's a really good start. :) Depending on what else I read from you in you trying to fix it,.. you may just earn a follow as well. ;)