I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So, usually, as soon as I talk about my faith, I'm kicked out of any Christian forum I join. After paying money to join one recently, I was kicked out without any notice at all except to say that I had violated some rule--and I have no idea what that rule was--but they got my money!

I would like to not get kicked out of this forum. I am a Veridican. I follow ONLY Jesus Christ, which means I am not a Christian when the word is used to mean the accepted forms of the Christian Church throughout the world. I have registered, this time, as a non-Christian or "other faith."

So, where am I allowed to post and discuss things? I'm not rude to people. I don't cause trouble. I just want to discuss theology in a rational way.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Welcome to the forums Edward! Those registered as other-faith can post in the non-Christian section of the forums and the apologetics forums.

I don't know much about the Veridicans, or why others would think you're not Christians. Perhaps we can reconsider your selected faith after some more discussion.

Anyone who joins can identify as Christian if they choose. It is only with a serious breach of the basic tenants of the Faith that we may switch someone's categories. But that usually involves someone deceptively posting under conditions more favorable for them to proselytize for a cult. Then they are not long for this forum.

Reactions: Nancy and ScottA

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It would be nice to post as a Christian, but I doubt that would be possible. Since you're the admin, I'll cut and paste this short article I wrote about the differences between Veridicans and classic Christians. Then perhaps you can decide where I fit, or if I do fit. I appreciate your time on this.

-----

Veridicans and Classic Christians: What’s the Difference?

Veridicans are Christians—sort of. That is, if the word “Christian” is taken to mean “followers of Christ,” then yes, we are Christians, but after that our path and the path of classic Christendom diverge. There are similarities between Veridicans and classic Christians, but there are also profound differences, and those differences are pretty big.

For instance, Veridicans and classic Christians both believe Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, but Veridicans believe that to a much greater extreme. That is, we follow ONLY Jesus Christ. We don’t follow the Catholic Church, and we don’t follow the Apostles.

Case in point, classic Christians maintain that the entire Holy Bible is the Word of God. Veridicans don’t. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Word of God, and for that reason, we canonize only the books that deal with His life and teachings: The New Testament Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the book of Revelation, but also the non-biblical Gospel of Thomas, and the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. We consider the rest of the Bible to be good for historical context and wisdom, but nothing more than that. In Veridicanism, only the life and teachings of Jesus Christ are holy, so our canon is very much limited to that.

But the canon is only the first divergence; we also hold a different view of Christ and His relationship to mankind. Classic Christians believe they follow Christ and remain followers of Christ; Veridicans believe they follow Christ to BECOME Christ.

We believe that by participating in our Eucharist ritual we die to who we are and are transformed into what Christ is. We become one with Him. We are Him, and he is us. We believe this spiritual rebirth is the only reason God made human beings in the first place. We believe it is the ultimate purpose of all mankind.

Classic Christians, on the other hand, believe they remain who they are even after they are saved. They form a kind of partnership with Christ, yes; they make Christ their leader, yes, but they always retain who they are. They never give their soul to Christ the way Veridicans do.

Finally, there are differences in our spiritual practices: Classic Christians use water baptism and speak in tongues. Some even speak in tongues and then interpret those utterances as a kind of prophecy. Some believe that faith can be used to build wealth and prosperity in this world, and others use a priest to turn the Eucharist into the body and blood of Christ. We don’t do that.

On the other hand, we study Veridican astrology, dream interpretation, astral projection, prophecy, and miracle-working. Classic Christians often have a problem with that. But our spiritual practices come from our belief that we are spiritual descendants of the Magi who were astrologers and the first to find Christ born into the world, to hail Him as a king and to protect him from Herod.

We even adopt a star as our symbol rather than a cross because that star represents the Star of Bethlehem the Magi followed to find Christ, and it is our belief that finding Christ is more important than dwelling on his torture and death in this world.

So, ultimately, we are Christians if that means followers of Christ. In fact, the word “Veridican” means “one who follows that which is true,” and even classical Christians would agree that Jesus Christ is the Truth. But we are vastly different from the traditional Church in many respects. We practice our spirituality differently, and we will not follow anyone but Christ Himself.

All that notwithstanding, we like other Christians. We like to fellowship with them, but many times it’s not the same the other way around. Most Christians don’t like us. So, are we Christians? Sort of.

Reactions: Taken and bbyrd009

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We even adopt a star as our symbol rather than a cross because that star represents the Star of Bethlehem the Magi followed to find Christ, and it is our belief that finding Christ is more important than dwelling on his torture and death in this world.
Jesus himself puts a lot of emphasis on his redemptive work on the cross. It's the reason he came to earth. He came to die.

“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. John 12:27
To find Christ is to share in his death and resurrection.

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome, Edward !

"The first to find Christ in the world" were shepherds, finding Him in a manger. The Magi found Jesus "in a house" and I don't know exactly how old He was then.

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 2:11

And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Ferris and DancesWithGnostics, I do appreciate your interest in what I wrote, but I really don't think I can comment on it here on this board, and I'm not sure I can talk about it at all in this forum. I'm kind of waiting to see what Iforrest is going to say about my suitability for even being here.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It would be nice to post as a Christian, but I doubt that would be possible. Since you're the admin, I'll cut and paste this short article I wrote about the differences between Veridicans and classic Christians. Then perhaps you can decide where I fit, or if I do fit. I appreciate your time on this.

-----

Veridicans and Classic Christians: What’s the Difference?

Veridicans are Christians—sort of. That is, if the word “Christian” is taken to mean “followers of Christ,” then yes, we are Christians, but after that our path and the path of classic Christendom diverge. There are similarities between Veridicans and classic Christians, but there are also profound differences, and those differences are pretty big.

For instance, Veridicans and classic Christians both believe Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, but Veridicans believe that to a much greater extreme. That is, we follow ONLY Jesus Christ. We don’t follow the Catholic Church, and we don’t follow the Apostles.

Case in point, classic Christians maintain that the entire Holy Bible is the Word of God. Veridicans don’t. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Word of God, and for that reason, we canonize only the books that deal with His life and teachings: The New Testament Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the book of Revelation, but also the non-biblical Gospel of Thomas, and the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. We consider the rest of the Bible to be good for historical context and wisdom, but nothing more than that. In Veridicanism, only the life and teachings of Jesus Christ are holy, so our canon is very much limited to that.

But the canon is only the first divergence; we also hold a different view of Christ and His relationship to mankind. Classic Christians believe they follow Christ and remain followers of Christ; Veridicans believe they follow Christ to BECOME Christ.

We believe that by participating in our Eucharist ritual we die to who we are and are transformed into what Christ is. We become one with Him. We are Him, and he is us. We believe this spiritual rebirth is the only reason God made human beings in the first place. We believe it is the ultimate purpose of all mankind.

Classic Christians, on the other hand, believe they remain who they are even after they are saved. They form a kind of partnership with Christ, yes; they make Christ their leader, yes, but they always retain who they are. They never give their soul to Christ the way Veridicans do.

Finally, there are differences in our spiritual practices: Classic Christians use water baptism and speak in tongues. Some even speak in tongues and then interpret those utterances as a kind of prophecy. Some believe that faith can be used to build wealth and prosperity in this world, and others use a priest to turn the Eucharist into the body and blood of Christ. We don’t do that.

On the other hand, we study Veridican astrology, dream interpretation, astral projection, prophecy, and miracle-working. Classic Christians often have a problem with that. But our spiritual practices come from our belief that we are spiritual descendants of the Magi who were astrologers and the first to find Christ born into the world, to hail Him as a king and to protect him from Herod.

So, ultimately, we are Christians if that means followers of Christ. In fact, the word “Veridican” means “one who follows that which is true,” and even classical Christians would agree that Jesus Christ is the Truth. But we are vastly different from the traditional Church in many respects. We practice our spirituality differently, and we will not follow anyone but Christ Himself.

All that notwithstanding, we like other Christians. We like to fellowship with them, but many times it’s not the same the other way around. Most Christians don’t like us. So, are we Christians? Sort of.
interesting, never heard of them! As Ferris has pointed out it is mostly “death, more abundantly” and gnostics here, but the non-Christian section has had some great stuff lately, imo
welcome :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Ferris and DancesWithGnostics, I do appreciate your interest in what I wrote, but I really don't think I can comment on it here on this board, and I'm not sure I can talk about it at all in this forum. I'm kind of waiting to see what Iforrest is going to say about my suitability for even being here.

I've posed the question to the other moderators. It may take some time until we have an answer. Feel free to post where ever you're able.

I would ask you refrain from discussing asteral projection or astrology on there. These are often associated with the occult.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Edward ~

There are numerous people (world wide and on this forum) who call themselves Christians...obviously all having a belief in CHRIST, but have a whole array of differences when it comes to God, to Jesus, the Trinity, and doctrines and Scriptural Cannons and Philosophies... and that pretty much is a large segment of Gentiles, all in some form attached to Christianity.

As far as astronomy: I believe stars, constellations, etc. are Gods handiwork’s of creation. I am not schooled in the depths of astrology studies, nor have seen that as Thread topics, so not sure what mods will think about that.

Read your basic outline, and I do have some curious questions.
We’ll see where the mods suggest you post.
And fair warning...you may have an expectation of a cordial exchange of dialogue, but that may not always be the case.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I've posed the question to the other moderators. It may take some time until we have an answer. Feel free to post where ever you're able.

I would ask you refrain from discussing asteral projection or astrology on there. These are often associated with the occult.

That's fine. But it would be interesting to discuss it at some point because both are quite biblical. Astrology is practically mandated in the Gospels, and astral projection is what John was doing in the book of Revelation--even if we call it something else. Nevertheless, I can definitely respect your wishes on that, and if someone wants to discuss it, they need only e-mail me.

Welcome Edward. You will not be kicked out of this forum. Feel free, since there is such a thing as freedom of speech.

Thanks Enoch, but my experience is that that is up to the admins and mods. But I am heartened that Iforrest said I could post anywhere. So, that's cool.
typing.gif

Hey welcome aboard Edward. I’m part of “The church” and I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Sounds like a winner!
thumb.gif

Welcome Edward ~

There are numerous people (world wide and on this forum) who call themselves Christians...obviously all having a belief in CHRIST, but have a whole array of differences when it comes to God, to Jesus, the Trinity, and doctrines and Scriptural Cannons and Philosophies... and that pretty much is a large segment of Gentiles, all in some form attached to Christianity.

As far as astronomy: I believe stars, constellations, etc. are Gods handiwork’s of creation. I am not schooled in the depths of astrology studies, nor have seen that as Thread topics, so not sure what mods will think about that.

Read your basic outline, and I do have some curious questions.
We’ll see where the mods suggest you post.
And fair warning...you may have an expectation of a cordial exchange of dialogue, but that may not always be the case.

Glory to God,
Taken

Thanks, Taken. Yeah, I don't mind avoiding the "spiritual gifts" aspect of my faith in here. There's a lot of other stuff to talk about--the end times, for one! Hope to see you 'round the forum.
wavey.gif

Reactions: Taken

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Classic Christians believe they follow Christ and remain followers of Christ; Veridicans believe they follow Christ to BECOME Christ.
We follow the Christ because we are a part of his body, not in order to become a part of his body, nor to become Christ himself. The Holy Spirit being the agent through which a person is joined to the body of Christ. Kind of like how your arm belongs to your body and has the same spirit in it as the rest of your body has, and does what the head tells it to do.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We follow the Christ because we are a part of his body, not in order to become a part of his body, nor to become Christ himself. The Holy Spirit being the agent through which a person is joined to the body of Christ. Kind of like how your arm belongs to your body and has the same spirit in it as the rest of your body has, and does what the head tells it to do.

First off, I love that photo for your avatar. I think I know that movie by heart. :)

We believe the human purpose is to become Christ. We believe the human spirit is like a seed of Christ. Of course, even if we are Ferris Christ or Edward Christ, that doesn't mean we are Jesus Christ. And just because we are completely Christ, that doesn't mean Christ is just us. We become the substance of Christ.

Ironically, I'm working on a short explanation right now for a sermon video that explains the Veridican Eucharist ritual. It's transubstantiation, like the Catholics, but it differs in that we believe our individual faith turns the bread into the body of Christ and the wine into the blood of Christ, not a centralized priest. We have priests and deacons, but in the most important ritual moment, the Eucharist, we all become High Priests.
lecture_preist.gif

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, usually, as soon as I talk about my faith, I'm kicked out of any Christian forum I join. After paying money to join one recently, I was kicked out without any notice at all except to say that I had violated some rule--and I have no idea what that rule was--but they got my money!

I would like to not get kicked out of this forum. I am a Veridican. I follow ONLY Jesus Christ, which means I am not a Christian when the word is used to mean the accepted forms of the Christian Church throughout the world. I have registered, this time, as a non-Christian or "other faith."

So, where am I allowed to post and discuss things? I'm not rude to people. I don't cause trouble. I just want to discuss theology in a rational way.
What is a Veridican?

Is that a non Christian, Christian?

Please elaborate, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.