I'm hacking my 3ds(don't worry it's legal)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so...turns out the only way to capture 3ds game footage without paying thousands for a capture card or emulation(both of which are a pain in the behind) is to hack your 3ds and install a homebrew PC streaming app. I made sure it's legal so it shouldn't be against the guidelines.
i'm doing this because i plan on starting a Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate series here to replace the MHFreedom Unite playthrough, which i can't make without breaking the rules because the game was pirated. i will only be using the hacks to my 3ds to do legal things like capturing footage and homebrew. one problem, moddifying your system may be technically completely legal, but it violates Nintendo's Terms of Service. does this make it a sin? i mean, corporate guidelines clearly aren't the same or even on the same level as laws, right?

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you modify the software you’re basically voiding support so I’d say it’s okay.
So if anything breaks, you’re gonna be responsible and you can’t send it to Nintendo for support.
This has been the general understanding for many other devices such as iPhones, PlayStations, Xboxes etc etc.
If you break it from Modding, you own it.