Imparting of Spiritual gifts:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
impart

IMP`ART, v.t. L. impertior; in and partio, to divide; from pars, a part.

1. To give, grant or communicate; to bestow on another a share or portion of something; as, to impart a portion of provisions to the poor.

2. To grant; to give; to confer; as, to impart honor or favor.

1 Peter 3:7 (YLT): The husbands, in like manner, dwelling with them, according to knowledge, as to a weaker vessel—to the wife—imparting honour, as also being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers be not hindered.

1 Corinthians 12:22-24 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: [23] And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow (impart)more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. [24] For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given (imparted)more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

Luke 3:8–11 (YLT): We have a father—Abraham; for I say to you, that God is able out of these stones to raise children to Abraham; 9and already also the axe unto the root of the trees is laid, every tree, therefore, not making good fruit is cut down, and to fire it is cast.’ 10And the multitudes were questioning him, saying, ‘What, then, shall we do?’ 11and he answering saith to them, ‘He having two coats—let him impart to him having none,

Romans 1:10–13 (YLT): to come unto you, 11for I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, that ye may be established; 12and that is, that I may be comforted together among you, through the faith in one another, both yours and mine. 13And I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, that many times I did purpose to come unto you—and was hindered till the present time—that some fruit I might have also among you,

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
impartation...what does it mean and look like within the body?

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ,

the same,

TODAY,

yesterday,

and forever.

Wherever Jesus is, there is freedom and healing and liberty.

He accomplishes the Father's Desire, His Will, His Kingdom, as written.

Not as men think.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
impartation...what does it mean and look like within the body?
Thanks for the OP, Good title also. the impartation of the Spiritual Gifts within the Body, the Church, is to "EMPOWER" it to overcome. we're born again winner without lifting a finger.

this Empowerment comes in the form of the Spiritual Gifts for “ALL” to profit supportive Scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal”.

and the first Gifts listed, in the following verses starts with the Pastoral, or ministry Gifts for leadership. 1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit”. this Gift covers all the work of the Ministry,

Ephesians 4:11 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Ephesians 4:12 "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Ephesians 4:14 "That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

every member has a gift.

1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

so no one is lacking. these gift makes the child of God “STRONG” in Faith, so that we may please God. for the Lord Jesus purpose was to work through his body to save all men, (hence his statements, John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I", why? John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father"
that's why he left to be glorified in the Spirit/Father, the Holy Spirit, so he may return as Comforter and "IMPART" these Gifts, which he himself said he would do, see Joel 2:28 & 29).
these gifts is given to all. it’s not just for the preacher who preach, or teach, no, these gifts are to witness for the Lord himself. and a witness can be a cook in a kitchen.

so God, the Lord Jesus has empowered us with his gifts for all mankind, not just for the church body only, but for all mankind.

one other Note, these gifts can be in a given and received, either by God himself, the LORD JESUS, or of by men of laying of on hands.

Good topic VJ, keep up the good work.

PICJAG.

R

Rita

Hi VictoryinJesus,
One thing that stood out as I read the verses you quoted was the reason for ‘ imparting ‘ favour/honour - the verses use references to weaker vessels, feebleness, to be established ( in a more solid place ) Anything that was Imparted had purpose ......it wasn’t just given for the sake of it.
Rita

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi VictoryinJesus,
One thing that stood out as I read the verses you quoted was the reason for ‘ imparting ‘ favour/honour - the verses use references to weaker vessels, feebleness, to be established ( in a more solid place ) Anything that was Imparted had purpose ......it wasn’t just given for the sake of it.
Rita

A few thoughts also after reading your response. Thinking you as they say “you struck the nail of the head”. In for the purpose of they may be “in a more solid place”. Consider when Christ spoke and revealed one thing lacked to be “in a more solid place”. The purpose of the gifts to edify and build up in Christ which is the solid place. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. Very refreshing!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is to "EMPOWER" it to overcome.
Thank you for sharing here. Yes, but also a few things concerning the “EMPOWER” it ...His body to overcome. as put on the whole armour of God for this armour is not taken away. For the “perfecting of the saints” then He goes on to say which parts are done away with and which remain. “When that which is perfect has come.” @Joseph77 posted an interesting passage yesterday on another thread Acts 19:15-16 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? [16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Yet His body He said even the gates of hell can not prevail against it.

for “ALL” to profit supportive Scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal”.

perfecting to “profit” in that which remains. Strengthen that which remains. Build each other up in Christ.

so no one is lacking.
Or be overcome, or prevailed against...so they flee out of the house naked and wounded. But instead SOLID in “He who is in you is Greater than he who is in the world.”

these gift makes the child of God “STRONG” in Faith, so that we may please God. for the Lord Jesus purpose was to work through his body to save all men, (hence his statements, John 14:28

that your prayers be not hindered...build up that which lacks. There is a husband who does bestow more abundant Honour on that which lacks in His house that...what is weak is made strong in Him. Physically and literally Paul was naked many times yet “rejoicing” repeating “I say it again, rejoice.” God never left Paul naked but clothed Paul instead from above with what can’t be taken away.

John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I", why? John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
-1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
1 Corinthians 11:21-23 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. [22] What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. [23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1 Corinthians 13:4-10 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. [9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

“never fails” ...yet He tells us what does fail...and what remains. Not sure why there is so much focus on strengthening parts which divide and do not edify? (Not meaning you but in coming together for the worse and not better)

Reactions: 101G

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="VictoryinJesus, post: 722346, member: 7369"]Thank you for sharing here. Yes, but also a few things concerning the “EMPOWER” it ...His body to overcome. as put on the whole armour of God for this armour is not taken away. For the “perfecting of the saints” then He goes on to say which parts are done away with and which remain. “When that which is perfect has come.” @Joseph77 posted an interesting passage yesterday on another thread Acts 19:15-16 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? [16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Yet His body He said even the gates of hell can not prevail against it.[/QUOTE
==========================================================
simply, most of what you see, most of what everyone sees, is not His body, anywhere.
Most obviously, the false church is not His body at all, rather it seeks to kill those who are.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:11 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Ephesians 4:12 "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ

to every man to profit withal”.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

But instead “to every man to profit withal” ...they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief:

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus, God is the author and finisher of our Faith. so fear not, neither be dismayed. Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

PICJAG

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="VictoryinJesus, post: 722346, member: 7369"]Thank you for sharing here. Yes, but also a few things concerning the “EMPOWER” it ...His body to overcome. as put on the whole armour of God for this armour is not taken away. For the “perfecting of the saints” then He goes on to say which parts are done away with and which remain. “When that which is perfect has come.” @Joseph77 posted an interesting passage yesterday on another thread Acts 19:15-16 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? [16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Yet His body He said even the gates of hell can not prevail against it.[/QUOTE
==========================================================
simply, most of what you see, most of what everyone sees, is not His body, anywhere.
Most obviously, the false church is not His body at all, rather it seeks to kill those who are.

Do see your point. But also consider giving to the poor...are they not the poor. We can whine all day long and harbour secretly ill will but (that is not taking joyfully the distribution)He said they would come for your garment (if you have two give one) and the armour. to not think it robbery or to be caught unaware...that that day comes but instead to know in yourselves you have a better Armour to trust in and treasure which endures. Not to be found unclothed, naked, but clothed upon from above.
Proverbs 25:20-22 As he that taketh away a garment in cold weather, and as vinegar upon nitre, so is he that singeth songs to an heavy heart. [21] If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: [22] For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the Lord shall reward thee.

Reactions: Joseph77

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all!

We can agree that all spiritual gifts are for strengthening others within the Body.

In Romans 1:11-12 "I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith."

At first it sounds like Paul will be handing out spiritual gifts (as if, lol) but,
could Paul be meaning something more like:

'I long to see you so that I may: 'use my own gifts to strengthen, comfort, edify, give knowledge, correction' etc, to the body? Could this be what he means by "impart"? (re-phrased by me)

Aren't the gifts to be used for the very purpose of encouraging the Church in every way? If we have one then, it should be used in a positive way to strengthen the rest of the Body, not hoarded, lol. So, I say Paul is imparting his own gift to lift up and encourage the rest, they also would do - 12 "that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith."

Just some thoughts :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all!

We can agree that all spiritual gifts are for strengthening others within the Body.

In Romans 1:11-12 "I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith."

At first it sounds like Paul will be handing out spiritual gifts (as if, lol) but,
could Paul be meaning something more like:

'I long to see you so that I may: 'use my own gifts to strengthen, comfort, edify, give knowledge, correction' etc, to the body? Could this be what he means by "impart"? (re-phrased by me)

Aren't the gifts to be used for the very purpose of encouraging the Church in every way? If we have one then, it should be used in a positive way to strengthen the rest of the Body, not hoarded, lol. So, I say Paul is imparting his own gift to lift up and encourage the rest, they also would do - 12 "that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith."

Just some thoughts :)

Awesome post Nancy. “I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong.”

Like this version also Romans 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

To the end you may established”
“to make you strong”

1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: [13] To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth (remain)to the end shall be saved.

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for sharing here. Yes, but also a few things concerning the “EMPOWER” it ...His body to overcome. as put on the whole armour of God for this armour is not taken away. For the “perfecting of the saints” then He goes on to say which parts are done away with and which remain. “When that which is perfect has come.” @Joseph77 posted an interesting passage yesterday on another thread Acts 19:15-16 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? [16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Yet His body He said even the gates of hell can not prevail against it.

perfecting to “profit” in that which remains. Strengthen that which remains. Build each other up in Christ.

Or be overcome, or prevailed against...so they flee out of the house naked and wounded. But instead SOLID in “He who is in you is Greater than he who is in the world.”

that your prayers be not hindered...build up that which lacks. There is a husband who does bestow more abundant Honour on that which lacks in His house that...what is weak is made strong in Him. Physically and literally Paul was naked many times yet “rejoicing” repeating “I say it again, rejoice.” God never left Paul naked but clothed Paul instead from above with what can’t be taken away.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
-1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
1 Corinthians 11:21-23 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. [22] What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. [23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1 Corinthians 13:4-10 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. [9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

“never fails” ...yet He tells us what does fail...and what remains. Not sure why there is so much focus on strengthening parts which divide and do not edify? (Not meaning you but in coming together for the worse and not better)

Is this person a puppet sock member?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not sure I understand why you ask this? Will you explain?

A person who has a second persona on the forum where the second persona is a sock puppet for the member on the forum. The socket puppet says what the member wants to hear.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who has a second persona on the forum where the second persona is a sock puppet for the member on the forum. The socket puppet says what the member wants to hear.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I have a granddaughter who loves sock puppets. So I think I get what you are saying now.