Imparting of the Spiritual gifts.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
impart

IMP`ART, v.t. L. impertior; in and partio, to divide; from pars, a part.

1. To give, grant or communicate; to bestow on another a share or portion of something; as, to impart a portion of provisions to the poor.

2. To grant; to give; to confer; as, to impart honor or favor.

1 Peter 3:7 (YLT): The husbands, in like manner, dwelling with them, according to knowledge, as to a weaker vessel—to the wife—imparting honour, as also being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers be not hindered.

1 Corinthians 12:22-24 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: [23] And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow (Impart)more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. [24] For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

Luke 3:8–11 (YLT): We have a father—Abraham; for I say to you, that God is able out of these stones to raise children to Abraham; 9and already also the axe unto the root of the trees is laid, every tree, therefore, not making good fruit is cut down, and to fire it is cast.’ 10And the multitudes were questioning him, saying, ‘What, then, shall we do?’ 11and he answering saith to them, ‘He having two coats—let him impart to him having none,

Romans 1:10–13 (YLT): to come unto you, 11for I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, that ye may be established; 12and that is, that I may be comforted together among you, through the faith in one another, both yours and mine. 13And I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, that many times I did purpose to come unto you—and was hindered till the present time—that some fruit I might have also among you,

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, the giving of the Spirit is to Comfort/Help the body of Christ by empowering its members. each of us have a gift. and please note that being baptized with the Spirit is not the same as being baptized of the Spirit. we all are baptized into the body by one Spirit, meaning BORN ... "OF" the Spirit. but are all apostles, teachers, prophets..... cooks, drivers, encouragers?...ect. meaning baptized "WITH" the Spirit in a certian area of work.

1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will".

from the work of the ministry verse 8 in and outside of the church, to work of the clerical in and outside of the church verse 11.

PICJAG.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
impart

IMP`ART, v.t. L. impertior; in and partio, to divide; from pars, a part.

1. To give, grant or communicate; to bestow on another a share or portion of something; as, to impart a portion of provisions to the poor.

2. To grant; to give; to confer; as, to impart honor or favor.

1 Peter 3:7 (YLT): The husbands, in like manner, dwelling with them, according to knowledge, as to a weaker vessel—to the wife—imparting honour, as also being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers be not hindered.

1 Corinthians 12:22-24 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: [23] And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow (Impart)more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. [24] For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

Luke 3:8–11 (YLT): We have a father—Abraham; for I say to you, that God is able out of these stones to raise children to Abraham; 9and already also the axe unto the root of the trees is laid, every tree, therefore, not making good fruit is cut down, and to fire it is cast.’ 10And the multitudes were questioning him, saying, ‘What, then, shall we do?’ 11and he answering saith to them, ‘He having two coats—let him impart to him having none,

Romans 1:10–13 (YLT): to come unto you, 11for I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, that ye may be established; 12and that is, that I may be comforted together among you, through the faith in one another, both yours and mine. 13And I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, that many times I did purpose to come unto you—and was hindered till the present time—that some fruit I might have also among you,
The prophet Elijah was extremely adamant that Elisha impart his mantle on him and even asked for a double portion of his gift.
The impartation of spiritual gifts refers to the anointing that is on that person and scripture says to stir up the gift that is in us by the laying on of hands.
We must be wise in who we allow to lay hands on us because there are those who have other spirits operating (such as a Jezebel Spirit) and you certainly don't want that kind of anointing on you. The Bible warns of familiar spirits being passed from one to another.
Can we receive the gifts without laying on of hands....absolutely. We are to earnestly pray and seek Him for the best gifts. Paul said he would rather that we all prophesy but the greatest gift is charity (love).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can we receive the gifts without laying on of hands....absolutely.
Correct. In 1 Corinthians 12, we are NOT told that spiritual gifts can only be received through the laying on of hands. It is the Holy Spirit Himself who works supernaturally within believers to IMPART at least one of about twenty different gifts. But we have a responsibility to exercise our gifts for the edification of others.

While the apostles were on earth, the laying on of hands was common. Today it is God Himself who lays His hands on people. And Christians need to be careful about those who claim to be apostles, prophets, and miracles workers, since they are generally frauds.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophet Elijah was extremely adamant that Elisha impart his mantle on him and even asked for a double portion of his gift.
The impartation of spiritual gifts refers to the anointing that is on that person and scripture says to stir up the gift that is in us by the laying on of hands.
We must be wise in who we allow to lay hands on us because there are those who have other spirits operating (such as a Jezebel Spirit) and you certainly don't want that kind of anointing on you. The Bible warns of familiar spirits being passed from one to another.
Can we receive the gifts without laying on of hands....absolutely. We are to earnestly pray and seek Him for the best gifts. Paul said he would rather that we all prophesy but the greatest gift is charity (love).
correct, but no need to worry. for the Holy Spirit don't dwell in an unclean place... so no passing on of the Holy Spirit by false apostles or whoevere elese by laying on of hand.

Can we receive the gifts without laying on of hands....absolutely. We are to earnestly pray and seek Him for the best gifts
yes the OT is full of this being come upon by the Lord Jesus who is the Holy Spirit before coming in flesh himself. supportive scripture, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".
the Spirit of who? yes, Christ, the Holy Ghost, Jesus is the Holy Spirit without flesh, OT, and with Flesh NT. he was WHERE? IN THEM, them who? the PROPHETS, as he is in us today. that's why he went away so he can come in Spirit to fill us as he did before.

the Holy Spirit and the Gifts are a good topic for discussion to learn of.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Heart2Soul