In Bed at the Appearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always nice to dwell with a pre-appearing bunch that is ready for the Lord to come at any hour. Those kind of people purify themselves knowing they do not know the hour in which will happen as a thief in the night.

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:39-40

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:2-3

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:7-8

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife.
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. - Luke 17

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
I know Christ said no man knows the day and hour of his coming but I think I've learned to know when the day of the Lord is 1290 days before it takes place.
It took a lot of study to get to that observation.
But what I don't know if I will even be alive to see the daily sacrifice abolished before I could start counting the days.;)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul refers to that day to the Thessalonians as happening as a thief in the night...

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

Uh-oh... Now we got all kinds of Gentiles spreading all kind of miss-information regarding that day... In so much that the Apostle Paul has to revisit this in 2 Thessalonians

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition... - 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

Now, we have a clearer picture, with no date settings, of when the day will occur... Prerequisites...

1. Falling Away - As we are seeing today
2. Man of Sin Revealed - Wanting us to receive something scannable on our flesh
3. Restoration of Israel - Fullfilling the times of the Gentiles...

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Luke 21:24

I would imagine that the day is near and I would be awaiting the appearing of the "Man of Sin." Probably an innovated Elon Musk type guy who will think he has the dilemmas of planet earth all figured out. See... I am not date picking here... But pointing out such times as near, as I would believe Christ, Peter, John, and Paul would have worded it.

Reactions: Taken

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always nice to dwell with a pre-appearing bunch that is ready for the Lord to come at any hour. Those kind of people purify themselves knowing they do not know the hour in which will happen as a thief in the night.

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:39-40

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:2-3

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:7-8

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife.
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. - Luke 17
Well, yes--it's good to be in the company of believers who share the richness of God's love and who are able to overcome their inner sinful tendencies. But I have to say that I'm not on board the "Imminency Doctrine" that pervades Dispensationalist Pretribulational teaching. The idea that Jesus can come "at any hour" sounds good but is at odds with Paul's teaching that the coming of Antichrist *must precede* the Return of Jesus for his saints.

2 Thes 2. "for that day will not come unless the apostasy takes place 1st." (my paraphrase) This Postribulational sentiment is, in my view, clearly expressed, and is based on the account in Dan 7 where the "Little Horn" tries to oppose God and resists the approaching Kingdom of the "Son of Man."

We are indeed encouraged to view Jesus' Coming as "soon" because we are encouraged to be ready "always," since God is even now looking over our lives, scrutinizing us, and testing us to see what is in our hearts. Being that judgment hangs over the heads of us all, we should always view the Kingdom as "next on the agenda," putting that concern over all others. I think we would agree on that? :)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, yes--it's good to be in the company of believers who share the richness of God's love and who are able to overcome their inner sinful tendencies. But I have to say that I'm not on board the "Imminency Doctrine" that pervades Dispensationalist Pretribulational teaching. The idea that Jesus can come "at any hour" sounds good but is at odds with Paul's teaching that the coming of Antichrist *must precede* the Return of Jesus for his saints.

2 Thes 2. "for that day will not come unless the apostasy takes place 1st." (my paraphrase) This Postribulational sentiment is, in my view, clearly expressed, and is based on the account in Dan 7 where the "Little Horn" tries to oppose God and resists the approaching Kingdom of the "Son of Man."

We are indeed encouraged to view Jesus' Coming as "soon" because we are encouraged to be ready "always," since God is even now looking over our lives, scrutinizing us, and testing us to see what is in our hearts. Being that judgment hangs over the heads of us all, we should always view the Kingdom as "next on the agenda," putting that concern over all others. I think we would agree on that? :)
It is nice... At the end of the day... When we are dealing with a pure, Spirit filled, joyful, loving, and wonderful people.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know Christ said no man knows the day and hour of his coming but I think I've learned to know when the day of the Lord is 1290 days before it takes place.
But what I don't know if I will even be alive to see the daily sacrifice abolished before I could start counting the days.;)
Your claim is contrary to scripture, if you knew precisely 1290 days before, then you would know "The Day" and you don't

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul refers to that day to the Thessalonians as happening as a thief in the night...

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

Uh-oh... Now we got all kinds of Gentiles spreading all kind of miss-information regarding that day... In so much that the Apostle Paul has to revisit this in 2 Thessalonians

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition... - 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

Now, we have a clearer picture, with no date settings, of when the day will occur... Prerequisites...

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. - Luke 21:24

I would imagine that the day is near and I would be awaiting the appearing of the "Man of Sin." Probably an innovated Elon Musk type guy who will think he has the dilemmas of planet earth all figured out. See... I am not date picking here... But pointing out such times as near, as I would believe Christ, Peter, John, and Paul would have worded it.
I fully agree there will be "Apostasy" of the once professing church, and the "Man Of Sin" will be revealed that starts the 3.5 year tribulation

I disagree with your claim regarding a restoration of "Israel"

Immediately after the tribulation, Jesus returns in fire and final judgment (The End) there won't be a Millennial Kingdom on this earth

Jesus Is The Lord

• Sad

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immediately after the tribulation, Jesus returns in fire and final judgment (The End) there won't be a Millennial Kingdom on this earth

That isn't from the bible. Immediately after the tribulation, Jesus returns in fire (no one killed by fire) and the first of two judgments then Millennial Kingdom on this earth begins. Rev19-20.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't from the bible. Immediately after the tribulation, Jesus returns in fire (no one killed by fire) and the first of two judgments then Millennial Kingdom on this earth begins. Rev19-20.
Your claim is false, as the scripture below reveals your error

Luke 17:29-30KJV

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is false, as the scripture below reveals your error

Luke 17:29-30KJV

That doesn't support fire being used to kill at the Coming unless you think Sodom will be burned again.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sodom and Gomorrah... Plain, ordinary, sexual, and partying scene. And then...

14 And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.
15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
20 Behold now, this city is near to flee unto, and it is a little one: Oh, let me escape thither, (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.
21 And he said unto him, See, I have accepted thee concerning this thing also, that I will not overthrow this city, for the which thou hast spoken.
22 Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do anything till thou be come thither. Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.
23 The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot entered into Zoar.
24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt. - Genesis 19

We will be as ones that mock at that day but the aftermath will be something like a Led Zepplin song...

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember Lot's wife. - Luke 17:32

Mount-Sodom-Lots-Wife-1.jpg

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Your claim is contrary to scripture, if you knew precisely 1290 days before, then you would know "The Day" and you don't
I'm not sure about that.
And your not either.
The reason you don't know if I know or not is because you would have to know the exact day to prove me wrong and you acknowledge that you don't know.
As of now,I say I don't know.But 1290 days before ,I may.
I would have to be watching as Christ said ,before I would know though.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Now I have a question for you.
In revelation there is a woman who must flee into the wilderness for 1260 days.Seeing that she brought forth the man child who is to rule all nations,one might think she could understand this verse from his revelation and knows what day she can return .Seeing the beast is destroyed at Christs coming to gen might she knows what day he returns 1260 days prior seeing she was doing the Lord's will when she learned?

Revelation 12
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

In the days of Noah,Noah was told what day it would start raining before it started.He didn't know all along ,but as he was doing the Lord will,he was told.

Mark 13
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Obviously if you don't watch ,you won't know.But if you do watch as Christ commanded?

According to you,you still won't know so it doesn't make a difference to you if you watch or not. Then there would be no reason to watch.

Last edited:

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Sodom and Gomorrah... Plain, ordinary, sexual, and partying scene. And then...

14 And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.
15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
20 Behold now, this city is near to flee unto, and it is a little one: Oh, let me escape thither, (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.
21 And he said unto him, See, I have accepted thee concerning this thing also, that I will not overthrow this city, for the which thou hast spoken.
22 Haste thee, escape thither; for I cannot do anything till thou be come thither. Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.
23 The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot entered into Zoar.
24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.
26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt. - Genesis 19

We will be as ones that mock at that day but the aftermath will be something like a Led Zepplin song...

See,that's what I'm talking about.
I understand when to determine that date before it takes place.All you have to be doing is watch.Then start counting to 1290.
Fire and brimstone day.
I've been thinking about going .Why not?I've received the rain.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where you getting that no.3 from 2 Thessalonians 2? I don't see it there in 2 Thess.2. It's in Luke 21. Apostle Paul in 2 Thess.2 was giving only two main prerequisites for Christ's future return. And the apostasia requisite there is linked to the coming of that "man of sin" playing God in Jerusalem.

Why do so many brethren completely miss... that 2 Thessalonians 2:4 event of that "Wicked" one setting himself up as God in a stone temple in Jerusalem for the end, and exalting himself over all that is 'called'... God, or that is worshiped? Paul said that in plain words there.

That event of the fullness of the Gentiles being fulfilled Apostle Paul showed in Romans 11, and it is linked to the event of Christ's future return in Luke 21:25-27.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like SDA theory. They like to apply those numbers in all kinds of ways. Like the 2300 days of Daniel 8, they like to apply that to years. It's not, it is literally 2300 days prior that end on the day of Christ's future return (which no man knows the day of Jesus' return).

Likewise, the 1290 days given in Daniel 12, that is about a period of 30 days after... the latter 1260 day tribulation. Jesus is to return at the end of the latter 1260 days period. So the 30 days after that (or 1290 days), suggests a period of cleansing, and maybe building of Jesus' Millennial temple of Ezekiel 40-47. And then another 45 days is given in Dan.12 also, which amounts to a total of 1335 days, with those who come to that period being blessed (suggesting those are Christ's elect that will reign with Him).

And something Lord Jesus also said that scraps anyone trying to pinpoint a certain date. In Matthew 24:22 those days of the "great tribulation" would be shortened for His elect's sake. That means then, the symbolic "one week" of Daniel, and idea of 1260 days, etc., only serves now for the order... of events, and not as a way to determine the very day that Jesus returns.

Last edited:

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Sounds like SDA theory. They like to apply those numbers in all kinds of ways. Like the 2300 days of Daniel 8, they like to apply that to years. It's not, it is literally 2300 days prior that end on the day of Christ's future return (which no man knows the day of Jesus' return).

Likewise, the 1290 days given in Daniel 12, that is about a period of 30 days after... the latter 1260 day tribulation. Jesus is to return at the end of the latter 1260 days period. So the 30 days after that (or 1290 days), suggests a period of cleansing, and maybe building of Jesus' Millennial temple of Ezekiel 40-47. And then another 45 days is given in Dan.12 also, which amounts to a total of 1335 days, with those who come to that period being blessed (suggesting those are Christ's elect that will reign with Him).

And something Lord Jesus also said that scraps anyone trying to pinpoint a certain date. In Matthew 24:22 those days of the "great tribulation" would be shortened for His elect's sake. That means then, the symbolic "one week" of Daniel, and idea of 1260 days, etc., only serves now for the order... of events, and not as a way to determine the very day that Jesus returns.
No ,its not an SDA story ,it's a Daniel story.
There are 1290 days from the time the daily sacrifice it abolished to the day the abomination of desolation is placed.

Daniel 12
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Where did you get SDA out of that verse?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ,its not an SDA story ,it's a Daniel story.
There are 1290 days from the time the daily sacrifice it abolished to the day the abomination of desolation is placed.

Daniel 12
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Where did you get SDA out of that verse?
That Daniel 12 Scripture has to be understood by keeping the subject flow of that chapter...

Dan 12:5-13
5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river,
"How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?"

At that point, Daniel is being shown the culmination of the events for the end, specifically about how long a period these things would entail. The angel is preparing Daniel for the event timings in the next verses.

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by Him That liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

The angel is showing that "time, times, and an half" linked with "all these things shall be finished." That is pointing to the latter 1260 days for the prophecy, and then "all these things" will be finished.

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, "O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?"
9 And he said, "Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand."

By that Daniel is asking more specifically when all this will take place. But he is only told it is for the end, meaning the end of this world.

THIS above is a verse that confuses many. So how long was Daniel told back at verse 7 that these things would be? The angel answered a "time, times, and an half" (1260 days), and then the end will be. He did not say 1290 days, and then the end.

Thus this "two hundred and ninety days" MUST point to 30 days AFTER the 'end'.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

And then likewise that 1335 days points to 75 days after the 'end' (i.e., after Christ's future return at the end of 1260 days.)

13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.
KJV

Do we have a confirmation of this timing also in The New Testament? Yes, it is in Revelation 11...

Rev 11:3
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and
they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
KJV

God's two witnesses in Jerusalem will prophesy for a period of 1260 days, and then they will be killed, with their dead bodies left laying in the street. Then 3.5 days later, the following happens...

Rev 11:11-15
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, "Come up hither." And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe is past; and, behold,
the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever."
KJV

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
That Daniel 12 Scripture has to be understood by keeping the subject flow of that chapter...

Dan 12:5-13
5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river,
"How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?"

At that point, Daniel is being shown the culmination of the events for the end, specifically about how long a period these things would entail. The angel is preparing Daniel for the event timings in the next verses.

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by Him That liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

The angel is showing that "time, times, and an half" linked with "all these things shall be finished." That is pointing to the latter 1260 days for the prophecy, and then "all these things" will be finished.

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, "O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?"
9 And he said, "Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand."

By that Daniel is asking more specifically when all this will take place. But he is only told it is for the end, meaning the end of this world.

THIS above is a verse that confuses many. So how long was Daniel told back at verse 7 that these things would be? The angel answered a "time, times, and an half" (1260 days), and then the end will be. He did not say 1290 days, and then the end.

Thus this "two hundred and ninety days" MUST point to 30 days AFTER the 'end'.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

And then likewise that 1335 days points to 75 days after the 'end' (i.e., after Christ's future return at the end of 1260 days.)

13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.
KJV

Do we have a confirmation of this timing also in The New Testament? Yes, it is in Revelation 11...

Rev 11:3
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and
they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
KJV

God's two witnesses in Jerusalem will prophesy for a period of 1260 days, and then they will be killed, with their dead bodies left laying in the street. Then 3.5 days later, the following happens...

Rev 11:11-15
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, "Come up hither." And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe is past; and, behold,
the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever."
KJV
The 30 days isn't after the end if the daily sacrifice is abolished 30 prior to the arrival of the two witnesses.The Israeli government could abolish the conscription soon as the armed forces of the north starts to practice it's authority.

According to Daniel and Christ the abomination of desolation is placed at the time of the end.That is if you compared the two.

Christ said that there would be great tribulation when the abomination of desolation is placed.
Daniel said the time of great tribulation is at the of time of the end.No to 30 days after the end.

Last edited: