In Christ Revolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Christ Revolution

The tremendous change which began on the Day of Pentecost from the existence of a gospel centered around Moses’ Law to the Christ-life was revolutionary, 1John 5:12 "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

The age long covenant of works was not readily set aside for these new teachings of Christ in us. But sadder yet is the fact that to this day there still exists an admixture and commingling of law and grace which has definitely hidden the Christ-life from multitudes of believers. It is not to be said here that anyone who has believed on the Lord Jesus Christ is not saved or is not a genuine Christian, for this is never the intent in preaching Christ in His fullness, Acts 16:31.

What is to be said here, and said dogmatically, is that multitudes of genuinely born-again believers have never come to the full understanding of Christ because of the admixture of law with grace.
Law and grace cannot and will not exist together, and when any believer attempts, as did Israel of old, to do something to please God, he has nullified the simplicity of needing only to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.

This nullification of the effects of salvation is generally seen in the modern Church, today, in the constant infusion of programs to keep believers busy doing, with the constant emphasis on “if you give, you will be blessed,” or “if you come, you will be blessed,” inferring that they can become better Christians by this.

Such is a nullification of the born-again principle that a Father has birthed in us His nature and that we form from that nature and not by anything we do in our flesh. To continue this admixture of the teaching of doing something to “get” faith, or the teaching of doing anything to be acceptable to God is a circumvention of the whole revelation God has for Christianity.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, good post as usual. may I also add this. the command of God was never changed by God only made perfect in his GRACE, which you're correct.

see, the law was Just a shadow until LIGHT reveals the true meaning. as the apostle said they new but refused to change. let me give an example, "circumcision". Deuteronomy 10:14-17 "Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD'S thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. 15 "Only the LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. 16 "Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. 17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward".

many of the Jews must have not read that in the Law, Oh yes they did, but as the apostle said, "they all did not obey, (see, Romans 10:16-21). but God blinded their eyes. nor did they must not have read this, Deuteronomy 30:5 & 6 "And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live". this command is just like the first great command, listen, Matthew 22:35 "Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 "Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 "This is the first and great commandment. 39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets".

but as our brother Stephen said, Acts 7:51 "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye".

God had made it plain for them, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?".

conclusion, you are right soul man, Revolution, a change of HEART and MIND. only those whom the Father call can come to his Son, the Lord Jesus. true as said, the gospel is the transforming change. and again true, this admixture you spoke of is what the Lord Jesus spoke against in the letters to the 7 churches. The danger of Syncretism, Judaism and Christianity.

May God bless you. continue the good work

PCY.

Reactions: Helen and soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, good post as usual. may I also add this. the command of God was never changed by God only made perfect in his GRACE, which you're correct.

see, the law was Just a shadow until LIGHT reveals the true meaning. as the apostle said they new but refused to change. let me give an example, "circumcision". Deuteronomy 10:14-17 "Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD'S thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. 15 "Only the LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. 16 "Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. 17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward".

many of the Jews must have not read that in the Law, Oh yes they did, but as the apostle said, "they all did not obey, (see, Romans 10:16-21). but God blinded their eyes. nor did they must not have read this, Deuteronomy 30:5 & 6 "And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live". this command is just like the first great command, listen, Matthew 22:35 "Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 "Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 "This is the first and great commandment. 39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets".

but as our brother Stephen said, Acts 7:51 "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye".

God had made it plain for them, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?".

conclusion, you are right soul man, Revolution, a change of HEART and MIND. only those whom the Father call can come to his Son, the Lord Jesus. true as said, the gospel is the transforming change. and again true, this admixture you spoke of is what the Lord Jesus spoke against in the letters to the 7 churches. The danger of Syncretism, Judaism and Christianity.

May God bless you. continue the good work

PCY.
Thank you for your input, I have not always walked in full grace, quite the lawman in the day.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the soul that sins (breaks the law) will (still) die

absent confession, anyway
Confession are for the SAVE, and not for sinners....... and two there is no, "quote" law to break. either you are REDEEMED from sin, or still in your sins.

PCY.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Confession are for the SAVE, and not for sinners....... and two there is no, "quote" law to break. either you are REDEEMED from sin, or still in your sins.

PCY.
you are redeemed when you confess, according to Scripture. when you confess, you are saved

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This nullification of the effects of salvation is generally seen in the modern Church, today, in the constant infusion of programs to keep believers busy doing, with the constant emphasis on “if you give, you will be blessed,” or “if you come, you will be blessed,” inferring that they can become better Christians by this.

Such is a nullification of the born-again principle that a Father has birthed in us His nature and that we form from that nature and not by anything we do in our flesh. To continue this admixture of the teaching of doing something to “get” faith, or the teaching of doing anything to be acceptable to God is a circumvention of the whole revelation God has for Christianity.

Another excellent OP...posts that I agree with are always excellent. :D

And as much as I amened and nodded my head as I read all the posts on here
I was also so very sad and groaning within...because what you write is so true.
How long Lord , how long.
So many of God's lovely people still have eyes that cannot see and ears that cannot hear clearly the fullness of The Good News..

Someone once told me it is because some prefer to be spoon fed rather than spend time on their knees hearing and studying for themselves...and others it seems as if it is hidden from them as in Jesus day when he preached parables.
Like some are not meant to hear it, so they can't. :oops:
What do any of you make of that? That seems a 'hard word' to me.

If not...then WHY can't every believer see and hear it?

Reactions: soul man

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in your opinion, perhaps
No, God's. he never require a sinner to confess their sin in order to be saved. no, he require sinners to confess his son Jesus. I hope you didn't confess your sins and think you was saved.

PCY

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you are redeemed when you confess, according to Scripture. when you confess, you are saved

Yep.
Rom 10. "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
But I can't see how anyone can confess until the first see. Do you?

Maybe it happened different for us all.
With me, 1) I heard ( saw) what Jesus had done...2) I saw the Fathers love.
3) I believed it was for me. 4) I broke before Him and the confessed...
Which order for you?

........H

Reactions: bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to scriptures when you're saved and sin yo confess, scripture, 1 John 1:7-10 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us".

PCY.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep.
Rom 10. "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Which order for you?

........H
AG you're amazing, and correct, Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved".

Understand, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". notice the "s" at the end of sins. if a sinner had to confess sins in order to be save, that's impossible. what if a sinner was committing a sin on January 3rd 2017. not to say if they was sinning February 23 2015. ain't no way a sinner could be saved. many can't remember what they was doing January 3rd this year. that's why the sacrifice once and for all for sin. just confess Jesus.

PCY.

Reactions: pia and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, God's.
ah, you speaking for God now too, huh. Lotta that going around, i guess
he require sinners to confess his son Jesus.
that would be a profession, as the original indicates, i think. bam pro/confess what you feel led to

confess your sins, one to another
I hope you didn't confess your sins and think you was saved.
somebody better tell the thief i guess, huh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yep.

Which order for you?

........H
much more similar to that than the Catholic mangle that is preached, for sure. Preached in most Prot churches too i guess.
Gee, i wonder why faith and works is so confusing to most ppl lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
AG you're amazing, and correct, Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved".

Understand, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". notice the "s" at the end of sins. if a sinner had to confess sins in order to be save, that's impossible. what if a sinner was committing a sin on January 3rd 2017. not to say if they was sinning February 23 2015. ain't no way a sinner could be saved. many can't remember what they was doing January 3rd this year. that's why the sacrifice once and for all for sin. just confess Jesus.

PCY.
ok, sin against me and confess "Jesus," and lemme know how that works out for you then
def easier though, no pesky assaults on one's ego even required, huh.

"The Greek version of the name Joshua is Jesus, and Constantine's version of Jesus became the recipient of a vast personality cult: in effect, Constantine made Jesus the new and everlasting Caesar of the Roman Empire. This was obviously a blatant perversion of everything Jesus had preached, so the official next step was to discourage people from reading the Bible. (any of this resonating, bro? Which sect is famous for not reading the Bible? hmm) That worked wonders too, and still does in many regions of the 'Christian' world.

The original Jesus-movement was a liberation movement, focused on the liberation from Rome or any other totalitarian or imperial regime. The very word 'Christ' or 'anointed one' denotes an 'autonomous person' and one of the core ideas of the gospel is that everybody can share in the anointing (2 Corinthians 1:21, Hebrews 1:9, 1 John 2:20)."
Evolution, the Bible and the halting of the sun over Gibeon

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, sin against me and confess "Jesus," and lemme know how that works out for you then
def easier though, no pesky assaults on your ego even required, huh.
sin against you? LOL, oh well if I sinned against you I'm fine because you're not GOD....:p. see, that works out fine...

PCY.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"Despite its propaganda machine that still today befuddles audiences into believing that everybody loved Rome, the Roman Empire was hated by most. The Celts, the Greeks and the Phoenicians sported highly sophisticated democracies or at least non-centrally governed societies based on free trade and international diplomacy. They were doing marvelously well (Ezekiel 28:12-13, 1 Kings 7:13-14), until Rome came along and steamrolled them into oblivion. Rome's purported world peace, or Pax Romana, wasn't peace but global destruction. In the words of the defeated Caledonian general Galgacus, Romans were "robbers of the world, exhausting the earth with their world-wide plunder [...]. Robbery, slaughter and plunder they lyingly call empire. They create a wasteland, and call it peace" (Tacitus, Agricola.1.30)."
ibid

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God never require a sinner to confess their sin in order to be saved. no, he require sinners to confess his son Jesus. I hope you didn't confess your sins and think you was saved.

PCY

Yes agree....as I read your post I thought- Now that would make a good thread. I wonder how many people believe it the other way around!

Reactions: pia and 101G