In God We Trust - The Root of all Kinds of Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1 Timothy 6
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

o

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lets not go pointing the finger around at certain people here, not saying i have watched the video or am going to watch it, but there are tonnes of these videos on youtube which are just attacks on certain preachers and certain churches, who are we to judge? What if it's a load of false assumptions? God knows the truth of every single one, but we don't really know the truth about all these people, unless if God has told or warned us specifically of someone and i don't mean Biblical word, but dreams, visions or the Holy Spirit actually really telling you, watch out for this preacher, but still that doesn't give us the right to judge, in my opinion I don't see it as a good thing accusing Christians of operating under demonic powers, because if it's a false accusation, I fear i could get myself into trouble with God, it's a massive thing to go to lengths of saying such things about other people who call themselves Christians. Ah well that's my point of view. If you want to really know, people should find out for themselves by personally asking God, and it's up to him whether he reveals it or not.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1 Timothy 6
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

o

This is brutal, Job.

But true. Nobody likes hearing their idol is corrupt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets not go pointing the finger around at certain people here, not saying i have watched the video or am going to watch it, but there are tonnes of these videos on youtube which are just attacks on certain preachers and certain churches, who are we to judge? What if it's a load of false assumptions? God knows the truth of every single one, but we don't really know the truth about all these people, unless if God has told or warned us specifically of someone and i don't mean Biblical word, but dreams, visions or the Holy Spirit actually really telling you, watch out for this preacher, but still that doesn't give us the right to judge, in my opinion I don't see it as a good thing accusing Christians of operating under demonic powers, because if it's a false accusation, I fear i could get myself into trouble with God, it's a massive thing to go to lengths of saying such things about other people who call themselves Christians. Ah well that's my point of view. If you want to really know, people should find out for themselves by personally asking God, and it's up to him whether he reveals it or not.

If you haven't seen the video then all you're doing is pointing a finger at me.

You do know that................right?

o

Reactions: Truth and pia

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

Why are people so afraid of calling a spade a spade? We have no problem passing judgments on our secular leaders, but when it comes to those who are seen as leaders in the church, everybody clams up. We turn away and pretend it's not there. We turn a blind eye to the devil in the pulpit.

Why? Where is the sin in exposing these people? That verse from Ephesians is a part of the Word of God and it tells us to expose them. Why then are we so reluctant to call these people out? If someone you knew was about to get hit by a truck, would you turn your back and not say anything, or would you warn them?

It's that simple.

Jesus said "If the blind follow the blind, both will fall into the ditch".

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, if it makes us weep...I wonder what God thinks of it all!!

Jer. 23:1 "Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord. I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord."

This is obviously to the sheep of Israel.....nevertheless....it came to mind.

Reactions: pia

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what God thinks of it all!!

Matthew 18
6 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

James 5
19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back,
20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

I don't believe the Lord has a problem with calling these people out. If the Word of God is to be taken serious, they need to be outed, because they are destroying the Gospel along with a multitude of souls.

Just my thoughts...

o

Reactions: KBCid

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I wonder what God thinks of it all!!"

Job, I took ByGrace's question to be pertaining to the greedy pastors using the gospel as a cash-cow. Milking it for filthy lucre.

I could be wrong.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I wonder what God thinks of it all!!"

Job, I took ByGrace's question to be pertaining to the greedy pastors using the gospel as a cash-cow. Milking it for filthy lucre.

I could be wrong.

I agree. I thought my post reflected that. How do you see it?

o

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry. I misunderstood your post then; as if she was being critical of your calling them out, resulting in you pointing out God would agree with the action.

Again, I am sorry. I didn't mean to misread.

Reactions: Helen

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where is the sin in exposing these people?

There is no sin in exposing them for what they are but we aren't called to be God's Sheriff.

they are destroying the Gospel along with a multitude of souls.

Somewhere in their twisted message, Jesus comes out. I was once one of them, not a "soul destroying" preacher but someone once fascinated by spiritual warfare and strayed. I wasn't living the fulfilled life that's for sure, but His sheep aren't penned, He doesn't break our legs so we don't wander and like a dog that gets loose off the chain we can either keep running or turn around and go home.

John 10:29, My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

John 10:9, I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

Sometimes the pasture is rocky and thorny.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry. I misunderstood your post then; as if she was being critical of your calling them out, resulting in you pointing out God would agree with the action.

Again, I am sorry. I didn't mean to misread.

No need for apologies. I did the same thing in one of your threads the other day. I misread the title.

o

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no sin in exposing them for what they are but we aren't called to be God's Sheriff.

So this verse is just empty words. It carries no weight as far as you're concerned.

Ephesians 5
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

Sadly, you are not alone in your beliefs.

Sometimes the pasture is rocky and thorny.

Thank you for the lead in.

Matthew 13
20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.
22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.

Somewhere in their twisted message, Jesus comes out.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

o

Reactions: Dcopymope

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7

1 Timothy 6

o

A watchman revels the enemy with the sound of the rams horn, and by pulling the sheep skin off the wolf, I LOVED THIS, I remember each and everyone of these deceivers, Kennith C. was one that showed his new Study in the back of his elaborate Home years ago, about the time I decided to return to the World, but by the Love and mercy of our Savior I have continued without these kind of People, lead of the Spirit, not the mind of men. Also where your HEART is there is where your treasure will be.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for the lead in.

Matthew 13
20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.
22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.

Who is the sower? hint...it ain't the pastor, priest, best buddy, money grubber, false prophet, or exorcist.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the sower? hint...it ain't the pastor, priest, best buddy, money grubber, false prophet, or exorcist.

It doesn't matter who the sower is, the end result is still the same. Some fell on stony ground and some fell among the thorns.

o

Reactions: Truth

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, Matthew 15:11 "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man". if one can really understand this saying, it will answer all questions.

be blessed.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18
6 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
James 5
19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back,
20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

I don't believe the Lord has a problem with calling these people out. If the Word of God is to be taken serious, they need to be outed, because they are destroying the Gospel along with a multitude of souls.

Just my thoughts...

o

well job it works like this:

birds feed on food to sustain the life of a bird, cat eat the food that sustains the life of a cat to live a life of a cat, of which could be eating birds.

these people seek the food to live the life they have and want to live, and respond to it. hence the guy in the pulpit feeding them what they want.

if these people walked in the Spirit they wouldn't be there and there would be no profit or gain in that pulpit. if Christianity wasn't the dominate religion then it could be some kind of paganism would produce the same people seeking the same things to live the same life.

in kings God told this guy that the Lord was going to separate the nation Israel in two and that he would be the king in Israel and not Judah but as soon as he was established king

1Ki 12:26 And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now shall the kingdom return to the house of David:

1Ki 12:27 If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again unto their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah.

1Ki 12:28 Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

1Ki 12:29 And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan.

just like that the majority of Israel is now worshiping a golden calf, what changed there from the time Aron made the golden calf in Moses' day? probably nothing. without the Presence of God with us, we haven't got a chance.

but your absolutely correct to point out the wicked who seek to fleece the flock. new believers have a tendency to be more trusting then is healthy for them. and stay away and the believers communicate to others to stay away is up-right prevention.

if my memory serves, the Lord told Ezekiel something to the effect that if you tell them, its on them, if you don't tell them (meaning he knowingly didn't tell them) then it on him. many fall into the category of, let them find out for themselves attitude, it sucks for those who could have known, sooner.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1st Corinthians-5:11-13
But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an Idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an { Extortioner}-- not even to eat with such a person. 12- For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are Inside? - 13- But those who are outside God judges. Therefore " put away from yourselves the Evil person.

Reactions: Job and bbyrd009

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this verse is just empty words. It carries no weight as far as you're concerned.
Ephesians 5

Sadly, you are not alone in your beliefs.

It is quite sad...
We cannot call a spade a spade without someone somewhere asserting that we are just being negative. I'm quite sure that satan also feels that people who speak against him are negative and shouldn't be allowed to say anything and by not allowing God's true people to draw God's line in the sand then satan's agenda gains ground by apparent mass acceptance.

Reactions: Job and Truth