In need of help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ServeD

Jan 9, 2008
Hi,I havnt been raised really religious at all as a child, so I dont know much about religion. Recently I was dating a girl that is Christian and that takes religion really seriously, its really important to her. She knows that Im not Christian and that bothered her, she talked to me about it and I told her that I would like to learn about Christianity and she was happy and I thought everything was fine. About a week later she broke up with me, she told me that It wasnt gods will for us to be together.I would like to know what you guys think, would God be ashamed of her because Im not christian? Also I have done a lot of thinking, and If god didnt want us to be together, why would he have made us perfect for each other? Many people have told us that we were made for each other. What if God, knowing I didnt really have a path, sent her to me to guide me, then shouldnt I do all I can in my power to get back with her?I would really like to know what you guys think, also I started reading the bible today because I wanted to learn more about Christianity, but Im not really far yet, I was wondering if there was any passage in the bible that would relate to my situation and that might help her understand that maybe we were ment for each other.Thanks alot in advance for helping me,Sincerly, Alex.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alex, she's partially justified in not being unequally yoked:II Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
However, just as anything else, the Bible is conditional. I think you're showing the earnest beginnings of wanting to know more and to know the truth. If it's not just to get her (and I don't feel it is at this point - but be advised not to kid yourself there if it is) then yes she should have the patience with you if the love is there.Everything is different for each one of us and we all arrive at the truth in various ways.To answer your main question: no, God would not ashamed, I think it's easy to say he'd be quite happy to see faith spring from a relationship and another soul saved. However, if you choose another road then it would be tough as faith is highly divisive.

ServeD

Jan 9, 2008
At first I told her I wanted to learn about Christianity for the sake of our relationship, I hadn't been educated on any path, I wanted to learn about it and maybe I would like it and maybe I wouldn't... I went to church with her the day right after we broke up and honestly I liked it.But today I decided to start reading the bible and learn about Religion on my own, not because of her but because of me, I wanted to learn because it interested me. I mean in our relationship, while it lasted we avoided the subject at first because we knew it might cause an issue, she never asked me to learn about her beliefs or anything. Correct me if Im wrong but isn't it a sign that I haven't had any interest till I met her?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It could be a sign God is calling to you but there is no guarantee its about you and her being together you just have to learn for yourself and hope it was met to be with herbut God could have another one for you around the corner but perhaps the same problem would arise so my advice is if you are truly interested learn for yourself it will bring blessing you never realized you were missingIf I may suggest do not try to read the Bible as a continuing book it will make little sense to a new reader. I suggest reading Genesis then skip to the new testament and read Mathew, Mark and Luke That will give you a good foundation to start.And we are here when you have any questionsGod Bless

ServeD

Jan 9, 2008
I see, also is there a passage in the bible that could help me? I think the best way for me to let her know that maybe we were meant to be together is by referencing the bible.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I can give you a few verses Not knowing the situation completly I do not know which best fits your situation but if she cares for you and religion is truly the reason she broke it off you could remind her that you are willing to learn and that as Corinthians says (see below) Love is patient and ask her for time. If she completly refuses I suspect there may be other reasons she is not telling youSo you can ask her to honest if there is something else so you will understand 1Jo 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.Jhn 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandmentEph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. My favorite 1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 13:5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 13:6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 13:7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 13:8 Love never fails.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(ServeD;30328)
Hi,I havnt been raised really religious at all as a child, so I dont know much about religion. Recently I was dating a girl that is Christian and that takes religion really seriously, its really important to her. She knows that Im not Christian and that bothered her, she talked to me about it and I told her that I would like to learn about Christianity and she was happy and I thought everything was fine. About a week later she broke up with me, she told me that It wasnt gods will for us to be together.I would like to know what you guys think, would God be ashamed of her because Im not christian? Also I have done a lot of thinking, and If god didnt want us to be together, why would he have made us perfect for each other? Many people have told us that we were made for each other. What if God, knowing I didnt really have a path, sent her to me to guide me, then shouldnt I do all I can in my power to get back with her?I would really like to know what you guys think, also I started reading the bible today because I wanted to learn more about Christianity, but Im not really far yet, I was wondering if there was any passage in the bible that would relate to my situation and that might help her understand that maybe we were ment for each other.Thanks alot in advance for helping me,Sincerly, Alex.
Hi ServeD,Just wanted to say Hi and welcome ! I don't have right answer to your question, if you are meant to be together with this girl. God already knows, but He might have different plan for your life. I really don't know... might be this girl or somebody else. But I know, if you're willing to learn God's word, honestly from your heart, to do God's will in your life, you will prosper, which does not just mean money, it means in Spirit... in every area in your life. I don't mean that everything is always going to be easy, but God will give you wisdom, empower you and He is always there to guide you and help you. Thank God you are here ! God has called you ! Awesome!