In need of prayer for my marriage.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bwdave

Oct 18, 2017
Wise
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, new here; I've been going through a really tough couple of weeks. My wife and I found out May 15 of this year that we are going to have a baby. I've been very excited, have gone to every appointment with her, and have put every spare dime back for him.
Just last week, my wife informed me that on the night of May 10, she cheated on me with another man, and that the baby may not be mine. Now; according to the ultrasound at 7 weeks, our due date is January 20, which meant a conception date of April 29. However, my wife said because she didn't know, she took an at home paternity test for 400 dollars and the place called her and said the baby was not mine.

While I feel in my heart the baby is biologically mine, and the dates seem to confirm this, the test itself scares me. I'm hoping that it's just a fake answer and the devil trying to come against me and my marriage.

I ask for your prayers for my situation; for the baby to be mine, and for me to be able to completely forgive my wife for her transgression, and for our marriage to become stronger.
Any comments, prayers or help would be very much appreciated.

Reactions: Ally.s.j

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bless you...that is a tough one.
I would have to say that you have a real choice before you.
If you have confidence that you could do it without 'looking over your shoulder' forever. You could take the big step of saying " Paternity or not, who cares...God has given me the parenthood of this child, so he is mine. he is innocent" Case closed.

Now that would depend on how your wife feels about the man she had an affaire with....the question is :- Is he out of her life, or will he be a problem ongoing?
Only a heart to heart chat with your wife will tell you this.
"To me" the child is not any problem...it is 'yours' regardless...period.
Your wife, from here on ...only you and her can sort out.

May God give you abundant grace for this. I will for sure pray seriously tonight for you. I presume your name is Dave, I will pray for "Dave and wife" anyway.
Please keep us updated and remind us to continue in praying...

God bless...

Reactions: bwdave and pia

bwdave

Oct 18, 2017
Wise
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless you...that is a tough one.
I would have to say that you have a real choice before you.
If you have confidence that you could do it without 'looking over your shoulder' forever. You could take the big step of saying " Paternity or not, who cares...God has given me the parenthood of this child, so he is mine. he is innocent" Case closed.

Now that would depend on how your wife feels about the man she had an affaire with....the question is :- Is he out of her life, or will he be a problem ongoing?
Only a heart to heart chat with your wife will tell you this.
"To me" the child is not any problem...it is 'yours' regardless...period.
Your wife, from here on ...only you and her can sort out.

May God give you abundant grace for this. I will for sure pray seriously tonight for you. I presume your name is Dave, I will pray for "Dave and wife" anyway.
Please keep us updated and remind us to continue in praying...

God bless...
He is out of her life. He was her former landlord when she lived in another state. She has gone down there for a couple days that week to tie up some loose ends, and that's when it happened. I've told her that if we have a chance to fix things, then he needs to never speak to her again and that she needs to cease all contact with him.
It just hurts my heart; I feel like God brought us together, because she came along right when I needed her the most.... I honestly don't believe God would let something like this destroy us.
I just need guidance, prayer; and all the faith I can get.
Thank you so so much.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bwdave

A very difficult place to be indeed, but you seem to have a handle on it and you have received some good advice. I will be praying for you and yours.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It just hurts my heart; I feel like God brought us together, because she came along right when I needed her the most.... I honestly don't believe God would let something like this destroy us
God is never the instigator in these matters. God has a will for us, it's up to all of us to agree with His will and make it our will too....With all my heart I hope you two sort this out in the best manner possible, for the sake of the child :)...Blessings....Pia

Reactions: bwdave and Helen