In sanctification and honor…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 4:4 (NASB20)
that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These words are meant to express the common end of one’s experience of salvation, for the salvation that there is in Christ produces this potential…. For in this world volumes and volumes have been written on how to overcome this and that vice and put on this and that virtue, each touting a different system, method and direction, all with the end of trying to perfect the flesh… After all is said, done and tried, the doer is none the better, if by chance something has been overcome it has just been replaced by the pride of having overcome so therefore one sin has been exchanged for another…

For scripture puts forth only two things to overcome all vices and put on all virtues, and that is death and then life…. For only one’s death overcomes all of one’s self, and only the life of Christ coming to life in one can put on all virtues… This is why scriptures says ‘the salvation that is through faith in Christ Jesus’….

For the faith that overcomes is the faith that grows after one sees that only by their death can and will they stop sinning, then when this truth is seen one runs to one’s death in Christ to be set free from this life that refuses to stop sinning… For he that has died is free from having to sin, for the faith that reckons themselves having died with Christ and raised to a new life when He was raised to a new life is the life that will experience this death and this raising…..

To the end that one might know how to possess their vessel in sanctification and honor in the remaining time in the body….

For the just shall live by faith, for that one’s faith produces in that one that one’s ability to possess their own vessel in sanctification and honor…. Or to put a sharper point on the sword, if one is not possessing one’s vessel in sanctification and honor one is not living by faith and has not entered into one salvation in Christ the way God has intended….

If this is true and living by faith does in fact produce these desired results in one’s life, understanding what it means to live by faith would be the most important thing in life if one would be pleasing to God….

May we all be blessed in knowing and experiencing what it means to live by faith to the end this scripture might ring true in our lives….

Unto Him be our all, Not me

Reactions: marks and Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the just shall live by faith, for that one’s faith produces in that one that one’s ability to possess their own vessel in sanctification and honor…. Or to put a sharper point on the sword, if one is not possessing one’s vessel in sanctification and honor one is not living by faith and has not entered into one salvation in Christ the way God has intended….
I like this! We need to be able to "see" ourselves clearly, and accept what we see honestly, and humbly, so that we can realize when we are not walking by faith, so we can make better choices.

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this! We need to be able to "see" ourselves clearly, and accept what we see honestly, and humbly, so that we can realize when we are not walking by faith, so we can make better choices.

Much love!
Oh that we might grow in Him….

Blessings marks, Not me

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We now live in a world totally dominated and controlled by the love of money and sexual immorality. I guess pretty much like in the days of the apostle Paul, only mixed in with idol worship. How hard it must have been for gentiles to walk the straight and narrow path. The church body of believers was so important for these believers to bond together and to keep one another accountable.