In the Day of Trouble

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Day of Trouble
By Hal Lindsey
A deep darkness is settling over the world. Deadly deceptions flow through our televisions, smartphones, radios, and across the vast pages of the internet. 2 Timothy 3:8 speaks of people who “oppose the truth, men of depraved mind.” Romans 1 shows us what happens what nations turn against God. Romans 1:28 says, “Just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind.”
It has happened many times through history, but never so quickly nor across the entire world at once. I hear well-meaning Americans speak of moving to another country. But where would they move? The depravity of mind growing across planet earth today knows no national boundaries.
It’s a natural reaction to want to run and hide. But there’s only one real shelter. In Psalm 32:7, David said to the Lord, “You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance.” In Psalm 46:1, he said, “God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.”
Worried about the nefarious schemes of the wicked — schemes to destroy the good in your country and the world? Claim this promise to God’s people from Psalms 31:20. “You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man.” Deuteronomy 33:27 says, “The eternal God is a dwelling place, And underneath are the everlasting arms.”
In a world of increasing violence, how sweet to remember 2 Samuel 22:3. “My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; My savior, You save me from violence.”
Remember what Jeremiah 16:19 says about security in times of danger and anxiety. “O Lord, my strength and my stronghold, And my refuge in the day of distress.” Nahum 1:7 puts it like this. “The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble, And He knows those who take refuge in Him.”
2 Timothy 3:1 says, “In the last days perilous times shall come.” It then lists attitudes of those days — attitudes that are with us today at stunning levels. We live in dangerous days, and they’re getting worse. But in Psalm 50:15, God says, “Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.”
This is not a time to cower in fear, but to walk confidently in Him. We have a job to do — a great commission to fulfill. Jesus gave us that commission in Matthew 28:19-20. He said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Even in these dark days near the end of the age, He remains with us. Jesus began the Great Commission in Matthew 28:18. He said, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.” The One in Whom all authority has been invested promises to walk with us and keep us. ==Trust and believe!!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quoting dooms dayer Hal Lindsey eh. he's been going on since the early 70's putting out books theorizing the end of days or the Lord's day.

the world is simply returning to what it was before Christianity spread through out and most of the world. the longevity is because the Lord gave the catholic church authority in the world to enforce it. now whether there be justification on the world's part for pay back, true or made up who knows, but at present it seems the world sees no threat in Christians presence.

now, in the world's view, its liberating itself from Christianity's influence in it. note also the Lord's protection of the entity of the state of Israel not necessarily the people therein. of all the theories Hal has put out over the years the only thing he may have right is he might just see for himself what shall come to pass.