In their Christmas sermons …

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
… the Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury, my local protestant pastor and probably many more pastors around the world reminded us that the Baby Jesus Himself was a refugee. The Bible keeps telling us that we are to show love and kindness to those in need. So why is it that so many American evangelicals support Mr. Trump? He’s quite obviously a servant of mammon, whose ethics and policies stand against everything that Christ stands for.

Pope Francis’s Urbi et Orbi 2017 Christmas message: full text | CatholicHerald.co.uk

The Archbishop of Canterbury's Christmas 2017 Sermon

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
… the Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury, my local protestant pastor and probably many more pastors around the world reminded us that the Baby Jesus Himself was a refugee. The Bible keeps telling us that we are to show love and kindness to those in need. So why is it that so many American evangelicals support Mr. Trump? He’s quite obviously a servant of mammon, whose ethics and policies stand against everything that Christ stands for.

Pope Francis’s Urbi et Orbi 2017 Christmas message: full text | CatholicHerald.co.uk

Boy...are you ever under the wrong impression!

Trump may be no saint, but he ran against both corrupt parties and a corrupt media and won because he wants what is best for America, and has since surrounded himself with Christians. He may be a lunatic, he may be a mad dog, but that is what was called for. He is the bigger hammer we needed. But you have obviously been listening to those corrupt parties and media people, and you have been duped. I personally have met and spent time talking with him, and what you hear in the media is a pack of lies. Again, he is no saint, but I can personally say that I know him to be kind, considerate, and decent. So...what you are seeing is his ugly side, which he has purposely and skillfully faced toward his foes with a growl and a bite for whoever comes at him - because that is what he is facing.

Look a little closer. Try being a part of the solution instead of the problem and stop supporting those who have their own best interest at heart instead of America's. And remember...he didn't need any of this. If what you believe were true he would have just stayed rich and avoided the headache. Meanwhile, he needs our support to fix things. Are you helping, or just complaining?

LEF

Sep 28, 2017
Frederick
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, your answer is the best explanation of Trump I've read. I posted a link to this part of the forum on FB and Twitter to do my part in helping people (who want to) get over their angst and get over their need to have somebody who acts presidential, though he doesn't do anything, instead of being presidential and doing what he promised. I felt optimistic as soon as I saw the devout Christians Trump was placing close to him, like he was saying, "Come, show me your witness - I need it."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Trump may be no saint, but he ran against both corrupt parties and a corrupt media and won because he wants what is best for America
or at least Soros, or whoever bought him out back in the 70's, ya

he won bc he used psychometrics better than anyone else i guess
and has since surrounded himself with Christians.
pretty much speaks for itself i guess lol

sure hate to see good ppl go political :(, but then i guess "christmas + sermons" is prolly the perfect spot

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Boy...are you ever under the wrong impression!

Trump may be no saint, but he ran against both corrupt parties and a corrupt media and won because he wants what is best for America, and has since surrounded himself with Christians. He may be a lunatic, he may be a mad dog, but that is what was called for. He is the bigger hammer we needed. But you have obviously been listening to those corrupt parties and media people, and you have been duped. I personally have met and spent time talking with him, and what you hear in the media is a pack of lies. Again, he is no saint, but I can personally say that I know him to be kind, considerate, and decent. So...what you are seeing is his ugly side, which he has purposely and skillfully faced toward his foes with a growl and a bite for whoever comes at him - because that is what he is facing.

Look a little closer. Try being a part of the solution instead of the problem and stop supporting those who have their own best interest at heart instead of America's. And remember...he didn't need any of this. If what you believe were true he would have just stayed rich and avoided the headache. Meanwhile, he needs our support to fix things. Are you helping, or just complaining?

So what problems do you want to have solved and how do you think Trump will solve them? As of yet I just see him creating new problems and exacerbating old ones.

Of course it’s quite likely that you and I get our news from different sources and regard the other’s sources as ‘fake’ and ‘corrupted’. Still I would never want any American President to threaten Fox News in the way that Trump has threatened CNN. It’s a sad state of affairs when the Freedom of the Press is endangered in its very heartland.

And no, I would not expect any politician to be a Saint. (Nor would I be surprised to find that the nastiest dictators can be quite charming at dinner partys.) Of course Christians can kindly forgive Trump’s past full of divorces and running beauty pageants. How Trump squares that with Mark 10:1-12 and Matthew 5:28 and whether he sees any need for forgiveness is his business alone.

However, if I vote for a political candidate who clearly ran on the promise of keeping out immigrants and refugees, I subscribe to that political program and it becomes my business. And I can’t square subscribing to such a program with the Bible repeatedly telling us that God wants us to be kind to strangers and to take in refugees and to care for the poor. Why should any Christian vote for someone with the silly slogan “America first” when we know that God wills all nations to be blessed?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what problems do you want to have solved and how do you think Trump will solve them? As of yet I just see him creating new problems and exacerbating old ones.

Of course it’s quite likely that you and I get our news from different sources and regard the other’s sources as ‘fake’ and ‘corrupted’. Still I would never want any American President to threaten Fox News in the way that Trump has threatened CNN. It’s a sad state of affairs when the Freedom of the Press is endangered in its very heartland.

And no, I would not expect any politician to be a Saint. (Nor would I be surprised to find that the nastiest dictators can be quite charming at dinner partys.) Of course Christians can kindly forgive Trump’s past full of divorces and running beauty pageants. How Trump squares that with Mark 10:1-12 and Matthew 5:28 and whether he sees any need for forgiveness is his business alone.

However, if I vote for a political candidate who clearly ran on the promise of keeping out immigrants and refugees, I subscribe to that political program and it becomes my business. And I can’t square subscribing to such a program with the Bible repeatedly telling us that God wants us to be kind to strangers and to take in refugees and to care for the poor. Why should any Christian vote for someone with the silly slogan “America first” when we know that God wills all nations to be blessed?
The list of what needs fixed is long. But to name a few: Runaway government spending, entitlements, political correction to the degree of turning things upside down, and over regulation.

There is freedom of speech, and then there is slander and defamation. The media of late is biased and working an agenda, not reporting or chronicling events. And when that agenda is against the state, it's against the people, and an enemy of the state.

As for your position on refugees, strangers, and the poor: You are simply picking and choosing what you like of the biblical standards, and you have misidentified the current state of affair. Christ also turned over tables and said there was a time to take up the sword. And we are not talking about good people down on their luck, but safety and war by known enemies.

Reactions: Helen

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
The list of what needs fixed is long. But to name a few: Runaway government spending, entitlements, political correction to the degree of turning things upside down, and over regulation.
Government spending: so far it seems Trump spends more than Obama did (Compare Congress' Enacted Budget to Trump and Obama's Requests) and his tax cut for the rich will raise the deficit enormously. With his style of foreign policy you may add the likely cost of even more wars.

Entitlements: What entitlements? So you don’t agree that everybody is entitled to food, clean water, shelter, a good education and medical care? The Lord fed 5000 people by ‘redistributing wealth’ in one of his free lectures and the Bible does not mention that He asked for health insurance before healing somebody. As for how we need to treat those in need. What Does the Bible Say About Serving The Poor?

Political correctness: In my experience people who are unnerved by ‘political correctness’ just want the freedom to insult. Well, the Bible tells us to be gracious and polite. And really: it’s not that complicated to treat everybody with the respect we want for ourselves.

Over regulation: I agree, but how exactly did Trump tackle that? By causing chaos by not thinking measurements through before trying to implement them?

There is freedom of speech, and then there is slander and defamation. The media of late is biased and working an agenda, not reporting or chronicling events. And when that agenda is against the state, it's against the people, and an enemy of the state.

Of course for Trump anything that doesn’t stroke his ego is “fake news” even if it’s evidently true. However: In a democracy it’s the medias job to critically investigate and report what the government is thinking and doing. That’s what used to be the difference between our media and Eastern communist propaganda whose only job it was to shower the government with praise.

As for your position on refugees, strangers, and the poor: You are simply picking and choosing what you like of the biblical standards, and you have misidentified the current state of affair. Christ also turned over tables and said there was a time to take up the sword. And we are not talking about good people down on their luck, but safety and war by known enemies.

Well, I guess all of us are prone to a bit of picking and choosing here and there. But one would have to be blind to overlook what the Bible has to tell us about the treatment of refugees. It keeps banging on how we are to show kindness to strangers and those in need. Here’s just a hundred verses on the subject: What Does the Bible Say About Foreigners?

And let’s put the rest of what you said in context: In the temple Christ protested against the merchandizing of religion, it seems that unlike Trump he did not at all like the worship of mammon. We’re explicitly told His disciples only got some swords to fulfill prophecy, He was happy when they just produced two swords for that to happen. When one of his disciples actually wanted to use his sword Jesus told him to put the sword down, and - in total accordance with Christ’s statement that we are to love our enemies - He healed the person his disciple wounded. Loving your enemies is the message that stuck with with Paul. In his current state of affairs he had much more reason to fear for his life than you and I do in ours and yet he says that Christians should not repay anybody evil for evil (Romans 11:9-21).

So clearly in times like these Christians are not to engage in sable rattling whilst cutting money for the UN’s humanitarian programs, they should not build walls and keep their riches to themselves whilst others live in misery. They should do just the opposite. Remember:
“this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy” (Ezekiel 16:49)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Government spending: so far it seems Trump spends more than Obama did (Compare Congress' Enacted Budget to Trump and Obama's Requests) and his tax cut for the rich will raise the deficit enormously. With his style of foreign policy you may add the likely cost of even more wars.
If you think the jury is in, you prove yourself to be biased.
Entitlements: What entitlements? So you don’t agree that everybody is entitled to food, clean water, shelter, a good education and medical care? The Lord fed 5000 people by ‘redistributing wealth’ in one of his free lectures and the Bible does not mention that He asked for health insurance before healing somebody. As for how we need to treat those in need. What Does the Bible Say About Serving The Poor?
No one is entitled to anything but their God give rights and the pay they earn. This is not about charitable giving, but about people who "expect" others to pay their way. There are takers and there are givers. Givers don't stand in line for entitlements, only takers do.
Political correctness: In my experience people who are unnerved by ‘political correctness’ just want the freedom to insult. Well, the Bible tells us to be gracious and polite. And really: it’s not that complicated to treat everybody with the respect we want for ourselves.
No, it's called "political" correctness, because of the political agenda to use and feed off peoples weaknesses and emotions. This country overcame prejudices of all kinds while maintaining the ability to keep our sense of innocence and even humor, but now it has been turned into a political organizing tool, a way of manipulating the masses and getting ratings, at the expense of the good of society.
Over regulation: I agree, but how exactly did Trump tackle that? By causing chaos by not thinking measurements through before trying to implement them?
He is cutting tons of red tape.
Of course for Trump anything that doesn’t stroke his ego is “fake news” even if it’s evidently true. However: In a democracy it’s the medias job to critically investigate and report what the government is thinking and doing. That’s what used to be the difference between our media and Eastern communist propaganda whose only job it was to shower the government with praise.
No accusations have been true yet.

And you are wrong about the media having the job of being critical. Write this down, and air it on the 11 o'clock news: The media is not a propaganda machine for brainwashing and manipulating the masses. We are a government by and for the people. We don't need a nanny.
Well, I guess all of us are prone to a bit of picking and choosing here and there. But one would have to be blind to overlook what the Bible has to tell us about the treatment of refugees. It keeps banging on how we are to show kindness to strangers and those in need. Here’s just a hundred verses on the subject: What Does the Bible Say About Foreigners?

And let’s put the rest of what you said in context: In the temple Christ protested against the merchandizing of religion, it seems that unlike Trump he did not at all like the worship of mammon. We’re explicitly told His disciples only got some swords to fulfill prophecy, He was happy when they just produced two swords for that to happen. When one of his disciples actually wanted to use his sword Jesus told him to put the sword down, and - in total accordance with Christ’s statement that we are to love our enemies - He healed the person his disciple wounded. Loving your enemies is the message that stuck with with Paul. In his current state of affairs he had much more reason to fear for his life than you and I do in ours and yet he says that Christians should not repay anybody evil for evil (Romans 11:9-21).

So clearly in times like these Christians are not to engage in sable rattling whilst cutting money for the UN’s humanitarian programs, they should not build walls and keep their riches to themselves whilst others live in misery. They should do just the opposite. Remember:
“this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy” (Ezekiel 16:49)
Nice try. You are using the scriptures to suit your politics. That's called abuse. Jesus had a term of His own for it, He called those who did likewise, "hypocrites."

Last edited:

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
If you think the jury is in, you prove yourself to be biased.
??? I’m biased because I check out facts?

No one is entitled to anything but their God give rights and the pay they earn. This is not about charitable giving, but about people who "expect" others to pay their way. There are takers and there are givers. Givers don't stand in line for entitlements, only takers do.
So you don’t believe anybody is in genuine need in the US? Really? Or are you just willing to deprive all single mothers and their children of food stamps, proper medical care and free education, just in order to weed out some few scoundrels who may abuse the system?

You may want to rethink that:

““If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.”
(Isaiah 58:9b-10)

No, it's called "political" correctness, because of the political agenda to use and feed off peoples weaknesses and emotions. This country overcame prejudices of all kinds while maintaining the ability to keep our sense of innocence and even humor, but now it has been turned into a political organizing tool, a way of manipulating the masses and getting ratings, at the expense of the good of society.
So how exactly are you being manipulated? What do you want to say without being shamed for it?

He is cutting tons of red tape.
Can you come up with examples?

No accusations have been true yet.
Surely you can tell me which false allegation you have in mind and how you know they are not true?

And you are wrong about the media having the job of being critical. Write this down, and air it on the 11 o'clock news: The media is not a propaganda machine for brainwashing and manipulating the masses. We are a government by and for the people. We don't need a nanny.
While the media most certainly should be critical of any administration, be it Obama’s or Trump’s, I agree that good journalism separates news from opinion. Channels like Fox clearly don’t and have turned into Trump’s personal propaganda machine. As for the masses: surely you are aware that Trump did indeed not win the popular vote and that those who prefer other news channels are American, too?

Nice try. You are using the scriptures to suit your politics. That's called abuse. Jesus had a term of His own for it, He called those who did likewise, "hypocrites."
No, I’m using Scripture to inform my political views and when trying to interpret Scripture I try to see how Christ made sense of it. Not being perfect, I may be a hypocrite here and there, when it comes to actually following my beliefs, but that’s for Christ to judge.

However, (in a rather Trumpish manner btw.) you’re just avoiding the question at hand by throwing insult at the person who’s asking: Assuming you consider yourself a Bible-believing Christian, how do you justify Trump’s immigration policies when Scripture continuously tells us to show hospitality and to help people in need?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
??? I’m biased because I check out facts?

So you don’t believe anybody is in genuine need in the US? Really? Or are you just willing to deprive all single mothers and their children of food stamps, proper medical care and free education, just in order to weed out some few scoundrels who may abuse the system?

You may want to rethink that:

““If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.”
(Isaiah 58:9b-10)

So how exactly are you being manipulated? What do you want to say without being shamed for it?

Can you come up with examples?

Surely you can tell me which false allegation you have in mind and how you know they are not true?

While the media most certainly should be critical of any administration, be it Obama’s or Trump’s, I agree that good journalism separates news from opinion. Channels like Fox clearly don’t and have turned into Trump’s personal propaganda machine. As for the masses: surely you are aware that Trump did indeed not win the popular vote and that those who prefer other news channels are American, too?

No, I’m using Scripture to inform my political views and when trying to interpret Scripture I try to see how Christ made sense of it. Not being perfect, I may be a hypocrite here and there, when it comes to actually following my beliefs, but that’s for Christ to judge.

However, (in a rather Trumpish manner btw.) you’re just avoiding the question at hand by throwing insult at the person who’s asking: Assuming you consider yourself a Bible-believing Christian, how do you justify Trump’s immigration policies when Scripture continuously tells us to show hospitality and to help people in need?
  1. You are bias because you don't have the facts but are comparing two presidents, one with 8 years, and the other with only 1 year.
  2. I didn't say that. But being in need does not justify entitlements. Giving, "each according to his ability" is not the job of the state.
  3. I want to be free, free from the judgement of those who call innocence and what comes naturally without ill intentions between all people, evil. Children are the best example. If an adult says something that a child would be innocent by a child, society has a problem, not the child and not the innocent.
  4. Do your homework: Donald Trump achievements - Conservapedia
  5. How about a year of Russian inclusion allegations with no evidence.
  6. So, one new network defends the president, and that is bad? Man are you sick. And Trump "won" the presidential election according to the will of the people as it is has been established. If you want a democracy rather than a republic - move.
  7. I explained Trumps immigration policies, as: safety first, while not allowing terrorism. You, on the other hand, in the name of Christ, give voice and defend evil rather than good.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
You are bias because you don't have the facts but are comparing two presidents, one with 8 years, and the other with only 1 year.
I compared their budget-proposals, and noted that Trump ran on the promise of spending less than his predecessor but then suggested to spend more. What’s biased about that?
As somebody who doesn’t like hypocrisy you may also want to compare the number of hours each President spent playing golf during their first year in office. Keep in mind that Trump once chastised Obama for playing golf and promised in August 2016: "I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." Trump Golf Count]]

I didn't say that. But being in need does not justify entitlements. Giving, "each according to his ability" is not the job of the state.
Is it not? What’s the job of the state then if not to look after the needs of its weakest members? The Bible tells us that God punishes nations for failing to do so. (see for example Isaiah 1)

[*]I want to be free, free from the judgement of those who call innocence and what comes naturally without ill intentions between all people, evil. Children are the best example. If an adult says something that a child would be innocent by a child, society has a problem, not the child and not the innocent.

Sorry, but I can’t figure out what you are talking about here. Come again?

You accuse me of being biased and direct me to a website that has its bias in the title?

Well, I scrolled to some of its statements and saw that it’s either adorning Trump with borrowed plumes or lists things as ‘achievements’ that I’d view as disastrous mistakes. But I suppose you have a different idea of “good stewardship” and are fine with leaving the Paris agreement or paving the way for the destruction of your beautiful National Parks.

How about a year of Russian inclusion allegations with no evidence.
It’s astonishing that American conservatives of all people take the threat of Russia influencing American policies so lightly. It’s an ongoing investigation and maybe you should just wait for its results rather than wanting it to be shut down. Some of the results that are already known is that people of the Trump organization have lied about contacts to Russia. Surely you remember what the Bible has to say about lying.

And if you also remember what the Bible has to say about hypocrisy and measuring with different measures, how come you aren’t as concerned about members of the Trump administration using their private e-mail accounts for government business as you were concerned about Hillary Clinton having done such?

So, one new network defends the president, and that is bad? Man are you sick.

What is bad is when a news network conflates reporting with opinion pieces, no matter which politician it supports.
And Trump "won" the presidential election according to the will of the people as it is has been established. If you want a democracy rather than a republic - move.
Who is “the people” to you? And since when does the USA not consider itself a Democracy?
Mind you, I never questioned that Trump won the election according to US laws. I just drew your attention to the fact that more than half of “the people” did not support Trump. I may not the be the biggest fan of the US electoral system, but there’s no need for me to move: I live in Germany – both a democracy and a federal republic.

I explained Trumps immigration policies, as: safety first, while not allowing terrorism. You, on the other hand, in the name of Christ, give voice and defend evil rather than good.
Safety first? How did Trump make the US safer by offending not just Muslims but the entire world including its closest allies? Which country will want to share intelligence with the US anymore, when you’ve got a President who just blurts out secret information on a whim? How about your home-grown terrorism, mass-shootings and disproportionate murder-rate? Has Trump done anything to prevent any mad-man to get a gun, no questions asked?

And how, in the name of Christ, have I defended evil? By quoting Paul saying that Christians are to overcome evil with good? By reminding you what the Bible has to say about taking in strangers? Well, take it or leave it, but don’t say you haven’t be warned:

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’”

(Matthew 25:41-45)

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I guess you are truly bias-free @junobet ...doesn't sound so. :D

I am Canadian, but I am pro-Trump.
I am still waiting for all the rich and famous to leave the USA just like they all said that they were going to do. They are so busy pretending that they are politicians to make movies any more. Not one of them has left ....just empty threats. As if their threat would bother anyone...

Now, what has my post to do with the topic of the thread.....nothing!!LOL

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
So I guess you are truly bias-free @junobet ...doesn't sound so. :D

I am Canadian, but I am pro-Trump.
I am still waiting for all the rich and famous to leave the USA just like they all said that they were going to do. They are so busy pretending that they are politicians to make movies any more. Not one of them has left ....just empty threats. As if their threat would bother anyone...

Now, what has my post to do with the topic of the thread.....nothing!!LOL
Yes ByGrace, I’m very biased when it comes to defending the poor and oppressed. Nothing to do with being politically conservative or liberal, but with being a Christian. Over here in Germany even the most politically conservative Christians granted church asylum to refugees and spoke out against political parties they usually support in other topics. So I’m just flabberghasted by the fact that so many evangelicals close their eyes to the suffering of our fellow-men. And apparently I’m not alone: Evangelical Christians 'uncritical' in support for Trump, UK bishop says

As for Americans moving to Canada, it seems it ain't that easy: Yes, Americans Really Did Crash Canada's Immigration Site as Trump Won ;-)

Have a blessed new year everybody.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, that is a lie. Jesus was no refugee. And governments of other countries didn't receive Him as a refugee. Makes for a nice story though to support the liberal whiners. Just makes you want to cry.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
whose ethics and policies stand against everything that Christ stands for.
The devil has blinded the eyes of so many even the do gooders, lets allow them all in, now we have african gangs running around causing problems, one shouldnt be so blind as to not see whats happening, all the countries of this world have become destabilized through immigration policies and the goodies demanding we allow everyone in, would you be willing to take them into your house, would you pay there fines and go to jail for them when they brake the law, i doubt many would if any at all. All looking to be seeing to be doing yet never offering solutions to the problem. political correctness has corrupted this world, it is a joke played on men by teh devil, and even christians have fallen for it.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Well, that is a lie. Jesus was no refugee. And governments of other countries didn't receive Him as a refugee. Makes for a nice story though to support the liberal whiners. Just makes you want to cry.

Stranger

So you don't believe the Gospel of Matthew?

"The Escape to Egypt

13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

(Matthew 2:13-15)

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
The devil has blinded the eyes of so many even the do gooders, lets allow them all in, now we have african gangs running around causing problems, one shouldnt be so blind as to not see whats happening, all the countries of this world have become destabilized through immigration policies and the goodies demanding we allow everyone in, would you be willing to take them into your house, would you pay there fines and go to jail for them when they brake the law, i doubt many would if any at all. All looking to be seeing to be doing yet never offering solutions to the problem. political correctness has corrupted this world, it is a joke played on men by teh devil, and even christians have fallen for it.
It so happens that I had two lively 8-year old boys running around my house all morning yesterday. One of them has a genetic disease. If he was sent back to his home-country he’d be hospitalized and in pain and he’d have a life-expectancy of about 10. Over here his disease can be quite easily contained: he runs around like all other Kids his age and has a life expectancy of about 50. Should I as a Christian mind that my taxes pay for his upkeep and medical treatment?

Could it be that the devil has blinded your eyes to the fact that refugees are people, each with their own story, each created and loved by God?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yes agree.
Even the word refugee is misused by the media..it should be invasion..because that is what it is..and the subtle brain washing of the political correct weapon has helped the left wing to close the mouths of any who oppose this.
But, praise God..we can see beyond what is happening :) ..after all we have known for years that it was coming...