Independence our worst enemy.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

As we approach, or as some believe as we presently navigate the final days of Earth's current probation, and witness the increasingly deepening crisis in social breakdown, increase in violence both domestic and abroad, worsening spirituality in our churches, we will tend to grasp at anything or anyone to give us hope and assurance. I speak of mankind in general. I have spoken recently to people not in my normal sphere of acquittance , and they are genuinely worried for the future of the planet. And not environmentally, but morally. I share their concern. The question is, can mankind survive on its own? I don't believe so. In fact, I don't believe even dedicated sincere Christians will survive on their own either.
Only as we cleave to the Vine will we bear fruit and live. Our preparedness for the coming crisis will be measured only by our reluctance to trust in ourselves, our willingness for our own glory to be laid in the dust, and the fullness of our realization that what Jesus said is truth..."Without Me ye can do nothing".
Independence is not an option. We need each other... we need our churches... We will need all the moral, spiritual, physical support we can find, allowing God to work through others to provide the help we need.
No Hollywood blockbuster disaster movie, nor anything our darkest imaginations could conceive of, will compare with the reality of what is to come. I am aware that some don't like to be reminded of the doom and gloom. But don't let the sometimes good news, and the brighter moment's of life deceive you into thinking improvement is on its way. Hold on to them by all means, but never let go of the ever present reality that there are powers far greater than ourselves bent on our destruction. Holding on to the greatest power of them all is our only option. Christ is our fortress and our strength. Cleave to him always, and in every circumstance.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but never let go of the ever present reality that there are powers far greater than ourselves bent on our destruction. Holding on to the greatest power of them all is our only option. Christ is our fortress and our strength. Cleave to him always, and in every circumstance.

Yes, we need to be mindful of both is vital...the "problem" and the ANSWER.
It is not as if God hasn't forewarned us all of what is ahead...but He also gave us the answer...
He wins!

Rom 13
11 "And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. "

If we keep our eyes fixed on the horizon and not on the darkness around us...we can just about see the dawning of the New Day...if not yet, we can still see it 'by faith' in His word.

B

brakelite

Yes, we need to be mindful of both is vital...the "problem" and the ANSWER.
It is not as if God hasn't forewarned us all of what is ahead...but He also gave us the answer...
He wins!

Rom 13
11 "And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. "

If we keep our eyes fixed on the horizon and not on the darkness around us...we can just about see the dawning of the New Day...if not yet, we can still see it 'by faith' in His word.
The"old time" Christian hope is, and always has been, the resurrection or the second coming. Yes, Jesus wins the war.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The"old time" Christian hope is, and always has been, the resurrection or the second coming. Yes, Jesus wins the war.
Jesus won the war in Jesus, but he must also win the war in each one of us. To do so we must first allow him inside of us so that he can join in our battles.

Reactions: Helen and brakelite
B

brakelite

KJV 2 Peter 1
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Reactions: Helen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is the LORD who marches before you; he will be with you and will never fail you or forsake you. So do not fear or be dismayed.