Indwelled by The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is being indwelled by the Holy Spirit taken on faith or evidence? There seems to be several differing views on this. It would be nice to know who thinks or believes what here.
Personally, I believe we receive His Spirit upon conversion, through faith.

“In him (that is Christ) you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit” – Ephesians 1:13
Being born again means (IMO) being sealed till the day of redemption if we finish the race "set before us" therefore, we are saved.

There are those who do not believe one is born again unless they manifest tongues. If this were true then, myself and many others are not saved. So, since I know that I'm saved by grace through faith, how can this be true?

There are many more things that happen when we receive His Spirit upon conversion like:
-becoming bold in Christ to preach the gospel. Acts 1:8
-gives us the "want to" to obey Him and to praise Him Acts 5:29-32

Yes, we are to seek spiritual gifts though love is the highest pursuit we should have: 1 Corinthians 14:1

So, do you believe we have His Spirit through faith or evidence or both??
Thanks for any reply's.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is being indwelled by the Holy Spirit taken on faith or evidence? There seems to be several differing views on this.
I think we receive Him by faith, and acknowledge His presence by faith. And I think that as we go forward in our new Christian lives, that experience the evidence that He lives in us.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we receive Him by faith, and acknowledge His presence by faith. And I think that as we go forward in our new Christian lives, that experience the evidence that He lives in us.

Much love![/QUOTE

Hi Marks,
It's so personal. Sometimes we will miss the fact that some aspects of our lives have changed, until we have our eyes opened. I love when that happens yet feel stupid for not seeing it earlier, lol.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The bible tells us that after his baptism when Jesus came out of the water he was filled with the Holy Spirit, So after he had been filled with the Holy Spirit he was led by the Holy Spirit into the desert where he was tempted by Satan but resisted. Then we are told that he returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit which gave him his authority.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe when we accept salvation as the born again experience, we receive all of God. He doesn't withhold himself in part from his children.
He has never let his followers walk alone but has manifested himself among us in different form.

Israel only knew and still only knows God in His almighty form, they reject the Christ and know nothing of the Holy Spirit. At this point they have not received his fullness.

In the time of Christ, they received God in the form of the man, Jesus. Fully man & fully God that was made flesh and dwelt among us. They had no in-depth knowledge of the Holy Spirit as being God.

Jesus told them to wait at Jerusalem for the latter part and that when he was manifested 40 days later they would receiver the POWER of God in the Holy Ghost.

God never lies and he doesn't hold back; we however are too frail to receive all of God as he is at one time until now in these last of days.

How beautiful he is and his plan amazing. Today we receive God as he is!
The El Shaddai, almighty God, our beloved saviour and redeemer, and the sweet Holy Spirit to lead, walk with, bear fruit,
and endue us with his power and HIS gifts to show mankind his fullness.

That ALL may believe and receive.
By FAITH we receive from him, for he loves to give when we ask. By experience we become strong temples for God to dwell in among men by application of his enlightened word and the power within us.
FOR GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN US THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD !

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible tells us that after his baptism when Jesus came out of the water he was filled with the Holy Spirit, So after he had been filled with the Holy Spirit he was led by the Holy Spirit into the desert where he was tempted by Satan but resisted. Then we are told that he returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit which gave him his authority.
Amen, upon conversion then...NOT that Jesus needed conversion, of course but He let John baptize Him as an example to others (IMO). He had no sin to wash away, so I wonder why else would He have told John to let it be so for now.
Thanks for the reply Pearl!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Christ submitting to Johns baptism , he was the fore-runner of Christ; he wanted us to understand that we are to proclaim all of righteousness, not in part.

In his doing this it was revealed ALL OF GOD; The almighty God who formed all things. The redemptive God who came as a man born of the virgin flesh, dwelt among us ,eating, drinking and being touched of our infirmities. Then last the order of God in His Spirit dividing gifts of help set in order of his bride, bearing fruit to reveal God ,then displaying his awesome power AS GOD!

God as Father,Son, and Holy Spirit !

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe when we accept salvation as the born again experience, we receive all of God. He doesn't withhold himself in part from his children.
He has never let his followers walk alone but has manifested himself among us in different form.

Israel only knew and still only knows God in His almighty form, they reject the Christ and know nothing of the Holy Spirit. At this point they have not received his fullness.

In the time of Christ, they received God in the form of the man, Jesus. Fully man & fully God that was made flesh and dwelt among us. They had no in-depth knowledge of the Holy Spirit as being God.

Jesus told them to wait at Jerusalem for the latter part and that when he was manifested 40 days later they would receiver the POWER of God in the Holy Ghost.

God never lies and he doesn't hold back; we however are too frail to receive all of God as he is at one time until now in these last of days.

How beautiful he is and his plan amazing. Today we receive God as he is!
The El Shaddai, almighty God, our beloved saviour and redeemer, and the sweet Holy Spirit to lead, walk with, bear fruit,
and endue us with his power and HIS gifts to show mankind his fullness.

That ALL may believe and receive.
By FAITH we receive from him, for he loves to give when we ask. By experience we become strong temples for God to dwell in among men by application of his enlightened word and the power within us.
FOR GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN US THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD !

Hello LAMB!
Yes, I agree that we do receive ALL of God including His Spirit. I hear many speaking about receiving MORE of His Spirit throughout their walks but, since God does no only give us part of His Spirit, why do they need to be filled over and over again like a car running out of gas? I don't see it as having to keep receiving the Holy Spirit time and time again.

I know Israel will have their eyes opened after the time of the gentiles is over and the 2 witnesses come, not to mention when the AC sets himself up as God...boy will that ever open their eyes!

He is so faithful and NO He never lies, and promises us to give us His Spirit when we ask Him.

"By FAITH we receive from him, for he loves to give when we ask. By experience we become strong temples for God to dwell in among men by application of his enlightened word and the power within us.
FOR GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN US THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD !"

A good example of Him in us...strong temples!
Thank you for the reply.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit when we are born again but I believe that when needed the Holy Spirit 'comes upon us' to better enable us for a particular task.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Marks,
It's so personal. Sometimes we will miss the fact that some aspects of our lives have changed, until we have our eyes opened. I love when that happens yet feel stupid for not seeing it earlier, lol.

Faith is to "see" the change now, before we've experienced it. I thought this was a good sermon on the subject . . .

"What the Holy Spirit sees"

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Faith is to "see" the change now, before we've experienced it. I thought this was a good sermon on the subject . . .

Much love!
The best sermon on the subject of the Holy Spirit was given by Jarod Cooper and I heard it UCB radio.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Awesome so far, thanks for the share bro!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree that we do receive ALL of God including His Spirit. I hear many speaking about receiving MORE of His Spirit throughout their walks but, since God does no only give us part of His Spirit, why do they need to be filled over and over again like a car running out of gas? I don't see it as having to keep receiving the Holy Spirit time and time again.
People experience stuff slightly differently and explain certain spiritual matters a little differently.
One person might say, God gave me more grace to overcome.
Another might say, God gave me more of the Holy Spirit.
Another might say it’s a difference between led by and walking in.
Another might say, there’s a second stronger in filling.
Another might say, there’s the down payment and there’s the…something more.

Theyre all trying to describe the same thing. A beginning to walk in some small victories, flesh/emotions subdued so you can hear Him better, no longer being so carnal, more grace and power to overcome the flesh, etc.

This happens so often where people are describing a spiritual matter in a different way yet talking about the same thing. An argument will ensue where none is necessary. Lol. We so duuumb!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People experience stuff slightly differently and explain certain spiritual matters a little differently.
One person might say, God gave me more grace to overcome.
Another might say, God gave me more of the Holy Spirit.
Another might say it’s a difference between led by and walking in.
Another might say, there’s a second stronger in filling.
Another might say, there’s the down payment and there’s the…something more.

Theyre all trying to describe the same thing. A beginning to walk in some small victories, flesh/emotions subdued so you can hear Him better, no longer being so carnal, more grace and power to overcome the flesh, etc.

This happens so often where people are describing a spiritual matter in a different way yet talking about the same thing. An argument will ensue where none is necessary. Lol. We so duuumb!
Arguments for sure do happen with so many misunderstandings and loss in translation, yeah, we duuumb!
Killing off the flesh, self flagellation seems quicker
:Broadly:
1668960629033.png

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has it stopped snowing yet??
It is now sunny, we still have the warning of more Lake effect coming in but, don't think we will get much. Last night there was a snowmobile and a 4 wheel sport vehicle trying to make it down my street, the 4 wheeler got stuck right in front of my house, lol...they pushed him out and then the snowmobile took the lead to blaze the trail for the ATV and, off they went! Still no plow so, am still homebound.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is now sunny, we still have the warning of more Lake effect coming in but, don't think we will get much. Last night there was a snowmobile and a 4 wheel sport vehicle trying to make it down my street, the 4 wheeler got stuck right in front of my house, lol...they pushed him out and then the snowmobile took the lead to blaze the trail for the ATV and, off they went! Still no plow so, am still homebound.
Hot chocolate, a good book and some sweet music. Oh, and cake.