Information, Please

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josiah

Jun 12, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Admin and Staff (especially),

Perhaps I can be directed to where this is on the site, or supplied this if it's not already available...

I'm curious as to the site here....

Why was it created, and by whom?

Did the original posters previously know each other from another site (and if so, which and why they left that to come here)?

What is seen as the uniqueness of this site? Why is it distinctive among the MANY discussion forums? Why HERE as opposed to one of the many other Christian discussion forums?

When there are site decisions to be made (rules, for example) who makes them?

Is there an over arching moderation policy? What is the protocol? Are there formal appeals?

Thanks much!!

- Josiah

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is seen as the uniqueness of this site? Why is it distinctive among the MANY discussion forums? Why HERE as opposed to one of the many other Christian discussion forums?

I have never left one Site 'for' another one. I just 'add'.

I find this one the best of them all. 1) Moderation is minimal. They moderate quietly , but actually the keep their hands off and allow it to 'self moderate'.

I enjoy the mixture of all the 'flavours' on here. People are allowed to express their opinions on here, yet on another site they would probably be shut down or banned. I appreciate that.

Whenever we use the "report button" ( bottom left under posts) it does get 'handled' in time.

Yes, there is a mixture here...but because there are many threads on here..we don't have to interact in the negative agro postings.

Hope someone sees this and answers you questions. ( @lforrest )

Bless you. ...Helen.

Josiah

Jun 12, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Helen! I targeted my post toward the Admins but I very much appreciate the insights of active folks like you! Thank you!

I've been WAY TOO active at sites like this for some 20 years, since I was 10. I'm probably registered at 30 or 40 of them (!!!) but I've been involved in perhaps 6 or 7 (on staff at 3 of them). I've a bit of an "issue" with my current one (it may be quite temporary) and so I'm "parking" here for awhile (it may become permanent) - checking it out and seeing what happens "back home." Make sense?

I like sites that are diverse in perspective, with at least some well informed and articulate folk (from whom I can LEARN), where discussion is open and free (not a lot of moderating or restrictions, not a Mr. Roger's leading us all in endless chorus of Kumbyah - if you know what I mean) BUT where there is personal RESPECT (no flaming, no shouting). Helen, it's hard to find.... and to be treasured where it is. I seek a site where people act like Christians... that happen to disagree on a few points and can DISCUSS those respectfully and informatively. And I TRY to hold myself up to that, "May it begin with ME")

ALL sites have "agendas" and politics and history.... "the lay of the land" so to speak. I just like to know what that is, as much as possible, lol. It helps me. A lot.

Thanks again! I feel that I'm already beginning to know you..... Very high on my agenda is to quickly "figure out" the community here - whose who.

Appreciated!

- Josiah

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Welcome Josiah!

These links show answer some of your questions.
Christianity Board Statement of Faith
Christianity Board Forum Rules

Why was it created, and by whom?
Christianity board was created by @HammerStone as a debate site. He is a proponent of iron sharpens iron. He has since sold the site to someone else but he is still around as a moderator, the goals and rules remain mostly the same. My goals as a moderator are broad, I want this to be a place where mutual edification can occur.​

Did the original posters previously know each other from another site (and if so, which and why they left that to come here)?
I am not an original poster, I don't think there are many left. I came from christian board, which shutdown due to operating costs and burdens.​

I don't know if it is unique or not.​

When there are site decisions to be made (rules, for example) who makes them?
The Admins and the moderators discuss it first then make a decision.​

Is there an over arching moderation policy? What is the protocol? Are there formal appeals?
We have the rules, this is all spelled out there. I generally follow the letter of the law when it comes to the rules. This allows for some heated discussions to occur, and people get harsh and confrontational.​

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
where discussion is open and free (not a lot of moderating or restrictions, not a Mr. Roger's leading us all in endless chorus of Kumbyah - if you know what I mean) BUT where there is personal RESPECT (no flaming, no shouting). Helen, it's hard to find.... and to be treasured where it is. I seek a site where people act like Christians... that happen to disagree on a few points and can DISCUSS those respectfully and informatively. And I TRY to hold myself up to that, "May it begin with ME")

Haha! All I can say is...don't be too optomistic. :D
You will soon recognize which members not to engage with...but there are many with whom you can.
Stick around..we need more members like yourself. :)

Josiah

Jun 12, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks to all!

Question: I got a PM in my inbox.... but it doesn't display the message and I can't seem to figure out how to do that.... Help!

Last edited: