• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

beloved one

Sep 5, 2011
hey guys. i was just wondering if i could share a prayer request with you all. lately i keep failing. just with things in life in general. i mean, i've always sort of been a failure. lately however, i think i'm being attacked by the enemy. i do not want to be quick to say that i am being attacked. i know my flesh is weak. but this is different. i keep failing without having control. it's difficult to explain. there are times when i can tell that i have sinned, and i am sure that it was my own fault, not now though. pray for deliverance. however that may come. i don't have community right now, but i know that god works though my own prayers, and through yours. i have been given a lot of faith and a lot of joy, and the enemy hates it. but god is good! he's so good. this i'm sure. he's so faithful. pray that i would be protected by god and the angels, and against oppression. that i see gods glory. that i receive wisdom. gods love. his faithfulness. that he would find his home in me. so much grace. i really appreciate your prayers! blessings to all. :D

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beloved one... I have videos designed to help... Here is a line from the Pilgrims Progress...

"Difficulty is behind, Fear is before,
Though he's got on the hill, the lions roar;
A Christian man is never long at ease,
When one fright's gone, another doth him seize."

But... Experience builds faith...

“Would you like me to give you a formula for… success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You’re thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all… you can be discouraged by failure / or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because, remember that’s where you’ll find success. On the far side.” - Thomas J. Watson... Founder of IBM

beloved one

Sep 5, 2011
that's cool. thanks. yeah i think it's important to remember that. the type of failure i'm trying to explain though, is the kind that's influenced by the enemy. ya know? like when he sets up traps to keep you away from the father. however lately, i haven't felt as much oppression. praise the lord! :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Bless you beloved!

May the Lord continue to direct your steps and may the plans of the enemy not succeed against you. May the Lord keep you under the shadow of his wings and send his mighty angels to lift you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.....and may the joy of the Lord be your strength.

Shalom/Peace
peacedove.gif

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
hey guys. i was just wondering if i could share a prayer request with you all. lately i keep failing. just with things in life in general. i mean, i've always sort of been a failure. lately however, i think i'm being attacked by the enemy. i do not want to be quick to say that i am being attacked.

Why?

i keep failing without having control.

Why don't you "have control"?

it's difficult to explain.

Try. Sometimes "explaining" can bring deliverance.

there are times when i can tell that i have sinned, and i am sure that it was my own fault, ...

Then you need to address those issues.

...not now though.

How do you know that? (IOW...How do you know you've "sinned"?)

pray for deliverance. however that may come.

From what exactly?

i don't have community right now, but i know that god works though my own prayers, and through yours. i have been given a lot of faith and a lot of joy, and the enemy hates it. but god is good! he's so good. this i'm sure. he's so faithful.

This does not sound like the same person that wrote the previous statements.

pray that i would be protected by god and the angels, and against oppression. that i see gods glory. that i receive wisdom. gods love. his faithfulness. that he would find his home in me. so much grace. i really appreciate your prayers! blessings to all. :D

See above.

beloved one

Sep 5, 2011
thanks, friends. :)

Why?

Why don't you "have control"?

Try. Sometimes "explaining" can bring deliverance.

Then you need to address those issues.

How do you know that? (IOW...How do you know you've "sinned"?)

From what exactly?

This does not sound like the same person that wrote the previous statements.

See above.

i don't know how to do all those quotey things, but i will respond in a paragraph or two :) okay so, first. things in my life have always just been.. difficult. a lot of times i wonder why. like, why should all of this pain happen? to me. then i realize, oh man, who am i to question his goodness. even when there's not something seen to be thankful for, there's always so much to be thankful for! he died for me. what the heck. haha.
i realize that i'm being attacked when well, someone tells me, or like just. i don't know, i think for the most part i can tell. it's when all these lies come in to my head. or i feel a specific heaviness. or feel condemned. i think we can differentiate manifestations of demons from manifestations of god. sometimes it's difficult but if we're in the spirit, or sometimes even if we're not following him with every aspect of our heart and mind, and he gives us grace, we then can know.
secondly. i think what i meant by that was like, when i'm being attacked or oppressed, it's almost as though i'm completely stripped from even a smallest amount of faith to know that i am his child. as if i'm striving. you know, like i realize that i've just been lied to. it's not that i don't know that i have authority, it's that i need to put on the full armor of god. haha. i just got revelation. as i was typing that. yeah! awesome. but yeah i guess i just need to be more careful. i need to believe the truth. to fight for him because he fights for me.
the sin part. i am aware that i need to address those issues. to break the strongholds. i recognize that i've sinned when my mind or heart, or action of my mind or heart is not like gods. when i am feeling separated from him. when i no longer feel an anointing. always must run to him and not away as the enemy would prefer.
as for deliverance, i was thinking generally i needed to be delivered from the oppression. i'm not sure i want to explain it because i don't like talking about darkness. i've been spiritually sensitive all my life (as most people are) and i'm just not sure i should write it. with all due respect of course. :) i must seek and receive a heart of flesh. trade this heart of stone. wear the armor. love god and know truth.
lastly, haha man. i am convinced that there is power in truth spoken. even if i don't experience these things always, i need to claim it! to claim his goodness, faithfulness, love, and grace. confidence in the lord. i'm sorry this is incredibly long. i hope it's understandable! abundant blessings my friend! :D

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
You have to be more specific about what is going on my friend. This sounds like something evil is after you, this probably happened shortly after you decided to take a larger step in your faith. Now what specifically is happening hold no little details back.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Who have you been hanging out with Beloved...sometimes people can speak things over your life [unknowingly] which causes our faith level to drop. You can also have someone lean on you heavily 'spiritually' in such a way, that your exhausted [spiritually] and need to be refreshed. I try not to take on-board other peoples stuff...but rather direct them to the one who is our source and supply...the author and perfecter of our faith.

Shalom!

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
hey guys. i was just wondering if i could share a prayer request with you all. lately i keep failing. just with things in life in general. i mean, i've always sort of been a failure. lately however, i think i'm being attacked by the enemy. i do not want to be quick to say that i am being attacked. i know my flesh is weak. but this is different. i keep failing without having control. it's difficult to explain. there are times when i can tell that i have sinned, and i am sure that it was my own fault, not now though. pray for deliverance. however that may come. i don't have community right now, but i know that god works though my own prayers, and through yours. i have been given a lot of faith and a lot of joy, and the enemy hates it. but god is good! he's so good. this i'm sure. he's so faithful. pray that i would be protected by god and the angels, and against oppression. that i see gods glory. that i receive wisdom. gods love. his faithfulness. that he would find his home in me. so much grace. i really appreciate your prayers! blessings to all. :D

Beloved One... that is a good thing... but we need to understand we are in a battle.
We need to put on the whole armor of God. What for? So we can learn how to die.
Everything God Loves... He put's to death—first Jesus Christ, and then all others—
in order that we might become one with Him and identify with His death. I suppose
I had mistakenly believed that God would test us only to the brink of disaster, but
would never push us over the edge. I discovered instead that Christ led the way to
the cross for all of us, because He does not ask us to endure what He Himself was
not first willing to endure. He died, not so that we could avoid death, but to teach us
how to die with meaning and purpose.

James 1:2-4 . . . “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers
temptations [trials]; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh
patience; But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be
perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”

When God tested my faith, I did not pass the test—I just passed away. All of my
own faith was burned up in the fiery trial, and all that remained was His Word and
the faith of Jesus. The brutal truth was that my faith was insignificant to the plan
of God. My faith established nothing. He brought me down to the place of total
despair, where I did not have the strength to “name it and claim it.” All His promises
to me were established purely on the strength of His word, regardless of what I did,
regardless of my faith, and regardless of my claims. All He required of me was to die
and get out of the way. He did all things by the counsel of His own will (Eph. 1:11).
I have no boast of faith. I can only boast of the greatness and love of God.

I became a new person, a new creature in Christ experientially, not just doctrinally. I
came to realize that I am not here to manifest my faith, but simply to bear witness to
the works of God, which I see and hear. More than anything else, I now know by hard
experience that Rom. 8:28 is true.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that
love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

God does not hate those He disciplines; He disciplines because He loves His children
and intends to refine them as silver and gold to replace our dross with His Divine Nature.
He intends to bring forth a people in His Image, that they might rule and reign with Him,
and that they might in turn teach others how to die, following Jesus to the cross.

Though God's disciplines can often be quite severe, making us want to run away from Him,
we will love Him in the end, for He disciplines us to bring us into maturity, capable of
knowing His own agape love.

So, I said that to say this Beloved One, you are right where God want's you to be, and you
will appreciate God's chastisement when He has finished His Work in you. Look up for your
redemption draweth nigh.

Logabe

Reactions: beloved one

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Beloved one, Logabe post is spot on. Read his post and re-read several times.

Our carnal nature wants us to return to the impossible demands of religion rather than continuing on towards the cross. The carnal nature would rather live under severe bondage than to die, just like Israel wanted to return to Egypt rather than die in the wilderness.

beloved one

Sep 5, 2011
Beloved One... that is a good thing... but we need to understand we are in a battle.
We need to put on the whole armor of God. What for? So we can learn how to die.
Everything God Loves... He put's to death—first Jesus Christ, and then all others—
in order that we might become one with Him and identify with His death. I suppose
I had mistakenly believed that God would test us only to the brink of disaster, but
would never push us over the edge. I discovered instead that Christ led the way to
the cross for all of us, because He does not ask us to endure what He Himself was
not first willing to endure. He died, not so that we could avoid death, but to teach us
how to die with meaning and purpose.

James 1:2-4 . . . “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers
temptations [trials]; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh
patience; But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be
perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”

When God tested my faith, I did not pass the test—I just passed away. All of my
own faith was burned up in the fiery trial, and all that remained was His Word and
the faith of Jesus. The brutal truth was that my faith was insignificant to the plan
of God. My faith established nothing. He brought me down to the place of total
despair, where I did not have the strength to “name it and claim it.” All His promises
to me were established purely on the strength of His word, regardless of what I did,
regardless of my faith, and regardless of my claims. All He required of me was to die
and get out of the way. He did all things by the counsel of His own will (Eph. 1:11).
I have no boast of faith. I can only boast of the greatness and love of God.

I became a new person, a new creature in Christ experientially, not just doctrinally. I
came to realize that I am not here to manifest my faith, but simply to bear witness to
the works of God, which I see and hear. More than anything else, I now know by hard
experience that Rom. 8:28 is true.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that
love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

God does not hate those He disciplines; He disciplines because He loves His children
and intends to refine them as silver and gold to replace our dross with His Divine Nature.
He intends to bring forth a people in His Image, that they might rule and reign with Him,
and that they might in turn teach others how to die, following Jesus to the cross.

Though God's disciplines can often be quite severe, making us want to run away from Him,
we will love Him in the end, for He disciplines us to bring us into maturity, capable of
knowing His own agape love.

So, I said that to say this Beloved One, you are right where God want's you to be, and you
will appreciate God's chastisement when He has finished His Work in you. Look up for your
redemption draweth nigh.

Logabe

wow. that is amazing. sincerely.

that's also exactly what i needed to hear. ha. i appreciate it.

it is very possible god is testing me. it just just seems like terrible timing. the other day i was sure he told me i was right where he wanted. and i was like, no way that's god. because it doesn't make sense. but i am encouraged to know that it's true. i know that his timing is perfect, if i love him and take up the cross. anyhow. :) i'm still digesting the verses you shared. thanks for the encouragement. and exhortation.

beloved one

Sep 5, 2011
Who have you been hanging out with Beloved...sometimes people can speak things over your life [unknowingly] which causes our faith level to drop. You can also have someone lean on you heavily 'spiritually' in such a way, that your exhausted [spiritually] and need to be refreshed. I try not to take on-board other peoples stuff...but rather direct them to the one who is our source and supply...the author and perfecter of our faith.

Shalom!

yeah. i definitely need to find community. and remember to direct my friends and family to the source and supply! :) that's good.