• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here’s where I talk about “insomnia” where there can difficulties sleeping, more time to spend with the Lord. Sometimes I lay in bed, stuck thinking about the insults said to me, though Christ upholds me. Or maybe thinking about mistakes I have made in the past, though Christ’s blood washes away all my sins.
Luke 2:10 [The Gospel is] "good tidings of great joy will be to ALL people."

My friend can of soup says the following.
My friend comes from a not very good home and was supposed to stay in town for st least a couple months, if not permanently, but is apparently leaving in a couple weeks :/ it feels as if every move I make with my friends leads to them getting upset and I genuinely didn’t understand why but now i can’t deny it must be the work of an evil spirit.
I feel so sorry for what your sisters going through and I am so very proud of her. You and your mum are handling the situation extremely well and I’m glad you’re taking the time to show her these things!! I can already tell she’s going to grow up to be a wonderful person!! You sound like an awesome big brother and son<3
I am truly grateful we found each other as well, everyday I look forward to your messages (although still no pressure, your family is more important!!)
On the media I’ve been seeing so many more Christian related things (my phones been listening to me.. XD) and some of the comments have.. not been the nicest so to say. Part of me understand where they’re coming from because before I met you I was just like them, I was clouded with an offensive idea of what a Christian was, but man I don’t know how you do it. I think this may be a “I’m too sensitive” kinda thing but some of the stuff people have said would 100% make me cry if it was directed to me personally

So I reply with the following
Your friend has my condolences. I’ve read stories about people who come from troubled homes and they have my deep sympathies. In terms of them staying in town or leaving, it’s ultimately their decision to choose what they personally prefer. I pray to the Lord that their situation improves.

In terms of your friends getting upset without you knowing, an evil spirit could potentially be trying to guilt trip you (unwarranted of course). To try to make you feel bad unnecessarily. A type of false accusation, or spiritual slander.

1 Peter 3:16 Having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

I had a group project once where one group member screamed right in my face while I remained calm, and I still love them. And I’ve been slandered online, even by other Christians, those who promote endless torture say that because I preach that “everyone will become believers in Jesus Christ” that my works are of the devil or I’m somehow satanic.

Thus, I thank you my friend, for your support, truly. It’s rare to find someone like yourself who cares so deeply and compassionately about others. <3 Your words ease my heart. I’m extremely grateful for your heartful support. My father, I love him, he’s a very kind person, but he’s not as available in the family as my mother and I because he works late. He goes up in the morning and doesn’t come back until really late at night, like around 10:00 PM. So, I feel like I have to act as a sort of father figure in his stead.

Colossians 3:21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.

With the state of the world, I may die soon. Physically killed by nuclear warfare, who knows. I have my own work I do, but sometimes, even when I’m really busy, I throw that aside to go support my sister. Without love, we are nothing, we gain nothing, after all. 1 Cor 13:3.

Lol, looks like the algorithm’s back at it again. In terms of comment sections, well when I was younger I used to have a Profanity Filter extension on Google Chrome that would censor all words on a list. I would fill it with various insults and bam, they wouldn’t appear. However, as I added more words to the list, I ended up censoring things out of context and then eventually I think the extension stopped working. I think… I made the list too long XD

Yeah like, there’s no need to be so harsh on the “past you” so to speak. I was an atheist too after all, and searched up evidence that would disprove Christianity wrong, whole lists of “contradictions” in the Bible compiled together and… look where I ended up now lol. Like Isaiah 25:6-8 from above mentions, it’s a shroud that enfolds all people, like darkness. The only reason I was saved was because I believe in Christ. Some people are lucky to hear the truth earlier than others, like you and me, others aren’t so fortunate, or maybe some people are born in areas with no access to Christian resources like this. Everyone will have a chance to learn in Sheol/Hades/Realm of the Dead, it’s why Christ preached to the dead after all :D Matt 11:23.

Hold up hold up. You say the words “I’m too sensitive”. My friend, truly I tell you, there’s nothing wrong with being sensitive, there’s nothing wrong with being extremely sensitive to a high degree. I consider myself a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP). The insults people say to me, they do really hurt. I do cry. A few months back, I remember crying tears of joy for around an hour straight because I imagined Satan finally becoming a believer in Christ.

I think having the Devil by saved by Jesus is a powerful message. A lot of people unfortunately think they are “irredeemable”, which is false. They might see themselves “as the Devil”, however, seeing Satan be saved by faith alone, is a message of hope that no one is beyond saving. There’s a happy ending for absolutely everyone. I think… maybe it’s because I was sensitive, like a child, that I learned to understand this.

My brain involuntarily thinks about the bad things people have said to me while I lay in bed at night, for hours unable to sleep. I’m also an overthinker my friend. I used to get really stressed about insomnia, my head would feel like a brick and my pillow a rock, but now, I try to view it as a way just to talk with God, 1-on-1. I can’t sleep for an hour, 2, or 3? Then, more time to seek comfort from the Lord.

2 Corinthians 11:27 In toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.

Psalm 4:8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

When I’m really worried, sometimes I like to imagine myself hugging the Lord with a security blankie I have. I’ve even dreamed of embracing the Lord in a warm hug. And I like stuffed animals too. It may seem childish, but those simple things really cheer me up. For me, that’s Heaven. And truly, the Lord says that we must become “childish”, like little children to enter Heaven. Because children simply believe.

Matthew 18:2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.