Integrity of Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 4:6 (NASB)
"Is not your fear of God your confidence, And the integrity of your ways your hope?

Job 8:20a (NASB)
"Lo, God will not reject a man of integrity,~~~~~

Integrity of heart.

Walking in the integrity of our heart before God.

None of us have arrived. All of us are on our courses set before us by God, if our hearts would be His.

A honest heart that has integrity is called for. A heart that would know truth, a heart that would love truth. Truth being the foundation of all things that would abide. For only truth will stand through the fire of God’s gaze. Though it may be wrong and not see, it is the integrity of heart that will itself see it through.

As the integrity of the heart of Job saw him through. Though he did not see or understand, in the integrity of his heart he spoke. Though he spoke from ignorance, but it was the integrity of his heart, is that that protected his ignorance from the fire of God and being that thing that caused Job even though he was speaking out of ignorance, to be able to stand before God and be pleasing to Him. Only the ignorance was done away with, which in turn caused great growth in Job, whereby in the end Job rejoices in God in a state of growth and of less ignorance, which naturally causes a deeper joy, rejoicing, enjoying of one’s life before God.

The integrity of heart that would know righteousness.

The integrity of what we know and believe to be right, is what we walk in. Though we may be wrong, we are not conscious of any wrong. We are trying to hide nothing from God, or do we demand our own way before God. We have laid our hearts and life’s open before Him, and we have done this over and over again, have committed our way to Him.

Though we don’t know, don’t see, don’t understand, in so many areas. Still with a heart that would be made all His, do we press into Him. A heart that would do righteousness, if only it could see what it was. Whether it was up or down, to the left or right. The desire to know what is right. If only we could see, if only our eyes were opened a little more. To see a little clearer, a little deeper, to understand a little more. To search into this mystery called;

“Christ our life”.

To walk before God with a heart that is open to Him in all things. To walk in all the light we see. Though we may be wrong in area after area, when we are showed, we are quick to turn, quick to admit wrong, quick to turn back from self to God. For all wrong only comes from and through, looking at self, to do something for us, that only God can do. For in that is the foundation of repentance, a turning from self to God.

For if it’s me, it’s sin, if it’s Christ, it’s not;

The integrity of the heart that will be willing to accept such a truth, is the heart that will go far before God. The integrity of heart that will only look and care for what is right. Personalities and things matter not to a heart that has integrity in itself. For integrity of heart demands that right, sees that it alone is the bar that all things are to be weighed against. Truth and righteousness are it’s strength, it’s hope, it’s desire. Integrity of heart that says; “righteousness does exist” therefore righteousness is that that I will search out after. The heart who’s internal integrity will demand nothing less of itself. Knows that it itself is wrong, but this God who has called it to Himself will perfect that which concerns it, if only it maintains this integrity of heart.

Blessed be God, for when Jesus died, we died, and in that faith, is our strength, and our integrity of heart. For in that faith, is our only hope, in the strength of His death.

Blessings to all that would, pray, long after, and desire such a integrity of heart.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For if it’s me, it’s sin, if it’s Christ, it’s not;

This is a Calvinist notion that absolutely everything a man can outside of being empowered from heaven is sinful. That's the T in Tulip...or...total depravity.

So this is a man-made doctrine that tries to bring down what a man can do of himself as a believer and raise that above the identical behaviour in a non-believer. As a way of self-justification.

A person who is doing the works of heaven by the power of the Spirit doesn't need to bring down the righteousness of non-believers in order to feel righteous in comparison.

To do this is to go against righteousness itself.

But righteous is as righteous does. Holy is as holy does.

When Jesus said that without Him we can do nothing...that meant anything "perfect"....eternal in nature. Not that we can't do good things towards others.

The Samaritan wasn't sinning when he helped the injured man in his own strength....quite the opposite...he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord...even in his own strength. Jesus told us to follow his example.

Jesus is NOT Calvin.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a Calvinist notion that absolutely everything a man can outside of being empowered from heaven is sinful. That's the T in Tulip...or...total depravity.

So this is a man-made doctrine that tries to bring down what a man can do of himself as a believer and raise that above the identical behaviour in a non-believer. As a way of self-justification.

A person who is doing the works of heaven by the power of the Spirit doesn't need to bring down the righteousness of non-believers in order to feel righteous in comparison.

To do this is to go against righteousness itself.

But righteous is as righteous does. Holy is as holy does.

When Jesus said that without Him we can do nothing...that meant anything "perfect"....eternal in nature. Not that we can't do good things towards others.

The Samaritan wasn't sinning when he helped the injured man in his own strength....quite the opposite...he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord...even in his own strength. Jesus told us to follow his example.

Jesus is NOT Calvin.

As long as this is what your personal relationship with Christ is teaching you, I wish you well and a increase in Christ in your innermost being. And may you come to know Him in all reality and all truth.

Blessings,

Edit, there are only two sources or movers in man, Christ or self. All things fall into one of those two categories. Blessings as you search into Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As long as this is what your personal relationship with Christ is teaching you, I wish you well and a increase in Christ in your innermost being. And may you come to know Him in all reality and all truth.

Blessings,

This is a very polite deflection. But a deflection nevertheless. Can you discern that this is not a curse whereby you need to use the tactic of returning a blessing but without substance? Can you discern the Body of Christ? or is anything outside your experience something to be wary of?

I am speaking to you as a brother and looking for you to "dialogomai" (dialogue) as the early church did. As Paul also spoke with the brethren. As we speak from converging angles...the truth comes more into the light and focus so that all are benefited. That is the way of the brethren in Christ. That is the way of edification.

But you can't engage the points I am making to you. So if you wish to respond with religious sounding platitudes...don't bother.
Just ignore everything I say... :)

I don't need the crocodile blessings.:rolleyes:

(judging by the title of the OP this could get interesting :cool:)

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very polite deflection. But a deflection nevertheless. Can you discern that this is not a curse whereby you need to use the tactic of returning a blessing but without substance? Can you discern the Body of Christ? or is anything outside your experience to be wary of?

I am speaking to you as a brother and looking for you to "dialogomai" (dialogue) as the early church did. As pAul also spoke with the brethren. As we speak from converging angles...the truth comes more into the light and focus so that all are benefited. That is the way of the brethren in Christ. That is the way of edification.

But you can't engage the points I am making to you. So if you wish to respond with religious sounding platitudes...don't bother.
Just ignore everything I say... :)

I hope this is what your asking for;

Edit,

there are only two sources or movers in man, Christ or self. All things fall into one of those two categories.

Blessings as you search into Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
there are only two sources or movers in man, Christ or self. All things fall into one of those two categories.

But the assumption was that nothing of any value can come from a man that is not in Christ. So we need to look at this from the bottom-up to see the value...from weakness into strength...and not from the top down view as you are doing...from a supposed lofty position looking down...if we want to line up with the biblical message, and not the interpretation of a high-minded man called Calvin.

we are not to be high-minded...but fear...as Paul says. We are to rightly divide the word of truth.

Who determines value? We or God?

Last edited:

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the assumption was that nothing of any value can come from a man that is not in Christ. So we need to look at this from the bottom-up to see the value...from weakness into strength...and not from the top down view as you are doing...from a supposed lofty position looking down...if we want to line up with the biblical message, and not the interpretation of a high-minded man called Calvin.

we are not to be high-minded...but fear...as Paul says. We are to rightly divide the word of truth.

Please, just make sure your learning is what your personal relationship with Christ is teaching you and not your human reasoning. For human reasonings have no standing before God.

Blessings as you walk in the integrity of your heart towards God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please, just make sure your learning is what your personal relationship with Christ is teaching you and not your human reasoning. For human reasonings have no standing before God.

Blessings as you walk in the integrity of your heart towards God.

Actually I'm trying to get you away from human reasoning...from a man called Calvin...and onto Christ. :)

You must be able also to discern Christ in others...discerning His Body...or else you can be fooled into thinking you're somewhere you are not. It's like having only one point of reference. Not wise. No need to be defensive. God wants you to love Him with ALL your faculties...yes...even your mind. :)

So it isn't wrong to think or question. We are to test things with wisdom....discern what others say listening for what God has not told us personally...but given to others in the Body for all to benefit thereby. What do you know of a functioning Body where one part is not trying to defend itself against another?

Reactions: faithfulness

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I'm trying to get you away from human reasoning...from a man called Calvin...and onto Christ. :)

You must be able also to discern Christ in others...discerning His Body...or else you can be fooled into thinking you're somewhere you are not. It's like having only one point of reference. Not wise. No need to be defensive. God wants you to love Him with ALL your faculties...yes...even your mind. :)

So it isn't wrong to think or question. We are to test things with wisdom....discern what others say listening for what God has not told us personally...but given to others in the Body for all to benefit thereby. What do you know of a functioning Body where one part is not trying to defend itself against another?

Than I wish you well as you feed and grow your personal relationship with Christ, for unless Christ is truly being formed in the heart, all is building castles in the mind.

Blessings,

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us have arrived.

Though we may be wrong, we are not conscious of any wrong. We are trying to hide nothing from God, or do we demand our own way before God. We have laid our hearts and life’s open before Him,

To walk before God with a heart that is open to Him in all things.

Hi Not me,

Good post! Lots of food for thought. Some thoughts that come to mind . . .

No, we've not arrived, but yet, I think there is an arrival in becoming as a little child. Having become so dependant on God, and having come to understand - to the point that I do - how much He loves me, I've realized that I have to, there is no reason not to, be open and clear with God.

He already knows everything about me, and so much better than I! There is no need to hide from Him at all.

This whole idea taught by so many that there must be something of our own righteousness, some adding of works to faith, that notion, I believe, turns our attention to ourselves, seeking what we can do, what we can add.

And since that is never of the Spirit, cannot be, it will never bring a real righteousness, and I believe inside we know it, and therefore, must hide, must live a lie, claiming we have to add righteousness, but never able to do so. This is the fate of all who seek their own righteousness. And then integrity is gone.

We are helpless. Just like a little child.

I think of a small child having cut their hand, presenting the wound to Daddy, to be cleaned, and dressed, and healed.

So are we whenever anything is wrong in life, be it hardship or illness, sin or temptation, whatever is wrong, my Father is already there, He already has the cure, I come to Him without guilt or shame, only knowing that the flesh cannot provide what is needed, only He can.

And He already knows if I'm doing my best, and I already know I don't really bring much to the table.

Humility = knowing and accepting the truth about myself.

But God does both know, and accept, the truth about me. And the truth about me is this, that in the flesh nothing good lives. So I don't have to pretend.

To walk before God with a heart that is open to Him in all things. To walk in all the light we see. Though we may be wrong in area after area, when we are showed, we are quick to turn, quick to admit wrong, quick to turn back from self to God.

1 Corinthians 4
4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

My one hope is in God. He alone knows me. He alone can see whether I'm being true or not. My one hope in realizing all that God wants in me in this world is to give myself over to Him completely.

Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him"

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Not me,

Good post! Lot's of food for thought. Some thoughts that come to mind . . .

No, we've not arrived, but yet, I think there is an arrival in becoming as a little child. Having become so dependant on God, and having come to understand - to the point that I do - how much He loves me, I've realized that I have to, there is no reason not to, be open and clear with God.

He already knows everything about me, and so much better than I! There is no need to hide from Him at all.

This whole idea taught by so many that there must be something of our own righteousness, some adding of works to faith, that notion, I believe, turns our attention to ourselves, seeking what we can do, what we can add.

And since that is never of the Spirit, cannot be, it will never bring a real righteousness, and I believe inside we know it, and therefore, must hide, must live a lie, claiming we have to add righteousness, but never able to do so. This is the fate of all who seek their own righteousness. And then integrity is gone.

We are helpless. Just like a little child.

I think of a small child having cut their hand, presenting the wound to Daddy, to be cleaned, and dressed, and healed.

So are we whenever anything is wrong in life, be it hardship or illness, sin or temptation, whatever is wrong, my Father is already there, He already has the cure, I come to Him without guilt or shame, only knowing that the flesh cannot provide what is needed, only He can.

And He already knows if I'm doing my best, and I already know I don't really bring much to the table.

Humility = knowing and accepting the truth about myself.

But God does both know, and accept, the truth about me. And the truth about me is this, that in the flesh nothing good lives. So I don't have to pretend.

1 Corinthians 4
4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

My one hope is in God. He alone knows me. He alone can see whether I'm being true or not. My one hope in realizing all that God wants in me in this world is to give myself over to Him completely.

Job 13:15 "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him"

Much love!

Thanks, may it point those to Christ that are willing.

Many blessings, for God of a certainty is teaching you, for it is self evident in your writings. Above all things keep that humble childlike heart before God, for in that can, and will you be taught all things and you most certainly will get your “well done”

To see Christ in another, such a blessing.

Proverbs 4.23:

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."

Yes! for it is in the heart Christ grows, it is in the heart He is formed. As you yourself know inwardly, that He is being formed in you, as the Spirit in you testifies to. Which testimony can and is being read.

Blessings,

Reactions: farouk

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos,

“if it’s me, it’s sin, if it’s Christ, it’s not”

I realize this is a great truth and no one can grasp it or the depths of it unless God opens the reality and truth of it in their heart. I know you object with all your mind, but on the off chance I do in fact speak the truth, why don’t you go to God and ask about it. For the carnal mind can not understand the things of the Spirit for they are Spiritually discerned as I know you know the scripture. But this scripture is more than words and information in the brain it is to point us away from our human reasoning and understanding to Christ.

The proof that Christ is being formed in a believer is that believer is walking in newness of life whereby Christ can be read in them. I have read multiple of your post, and if you would allow me to be so bold as you are not afraid to do to those you find fault with. Your writings have a twist of self in them, they do have some good and correct stuff in them, but you do elevate yourself above all and your opinion of your own spirituality, which is self. And self is never Christ. For if self is functioning, it is sin regardless of the religious cloak it wears and self’s ability to twist scripture to it’s own opinion.

For having a personal relationship with Christ is Christianity. Nothing more, nothing less. For one can know and spout scriptural truths all day long and not have a personal relationship with Christ, as is just the opposite true. It is the relationship with Christ that is the issue of life.

Please as one who does care, I hope and wish you to take this writing before God and ask if there is any truth in them and if there is something your missing.

All my hopes and prayers. As I hope you are one who is walking in the integrity of their heart towards God. For an increase of Christ in the inner man is the only thing of importance.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But this scripture is more than words and information in the brain it is to point us away from our human reasoning and understanding to Christ.

I see you can't discern the difference between a human reasoning and a real understanding that is informed by experience with God.

Your distrust of any kind of reasoning (whether carnal or spiritual) shows up in your lack of any real content in your posts...but rather a smooth talking biblical sounding blanket of words communicated at a level of platitudes that sound nice but are very vague.

Your very stilted way of processing is in fact just a religious veneer over a Christianized and sanitized carnal understanding.

Isaiah 1:18-20
18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be as wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient,
You shall eat the good of the land;
20 But if you refuse and rebel,
You shall be devoured by the sword”;
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Now if a person could never understand solid reasoning from truth...even before being converted to understand spiritual things...why would God try reasoning...as Paul did also...with people?

Acts 17:2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

(see what I'm trying to do with you...even as you misunderstand the purpose of the mind...which you see as only carnal)

There is such a thing as the mind of Christ...not the mindlessness of Christ as you would have it to be.

You are trying to perfect yourself by trying to mortify your higher functions of the brain...which is the wrong way to go about it. Or...if you need to shut off your brain power in order to become more simple (like a child who has not yet received higher brain function) you are doing so by your own effort and tactics. You are of course free to be afraid of any kind of reasoning. But you should not teach that to others.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you can't discern the difference between a human reasoning and a real understanding that is informed by experience with God.

Your distrust of any kind of reasoning (whether carnal or spiritual) shows up in your lack of any real content in your posts...but rather a smooth talking biblical sounding blanket of words communicated at a level of platitudes that sound nice but are very vague.

Your very stilted way of processing is in fact just a religious veneer over a Christianized and sanitized carnal understanding.

Isaiah 1:18-20
18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be as wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient,
You shall eat the good of the land;
20 But if you refuse and rebel,
You shall be devoured by the sword”;
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Now if a person could never understand solid reasoning from truth...even before being converted to understand spiritual things...why would God try reasoning...as Paul did also...with people?

Acts 17:2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

(see what I'm trying to do with you...even as you misunderstand the purpose of the mind...which you see as only carnal)

There is such a thing as the mind of Christ...not the mindlessness of Christ as you would have it to be.

You are trying to perfect yourself by trying to mortify your higher functions of the brain...which is the wrong way to go about it. Or...if you need to shut off your brain power in order to become more simple (like a child who has not yet received higher brain function) you are doing so by your own effort and tactics. You are of course free to be afraid of any kind of reasoning. But you should not teach that to others.

You have read, you have heard. Now the rest will be discovered by the fruit.

Blessings,

Reactions: GTW27

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have read, you have heard. Now the rest will be discovered by the fruit.

Blessings,

You are speaking top down to me...as if you have a superior understanding. So then my correction of this attitude from you makes it appear to you that I am doing as you do.

I know you are speaking from yourself. I don't think many would be fooled by your posturing. But you need to realize this for yourself.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are speaking top down to me...as if you have a superior understanding. So then my correction of this attitude from you makes it appear to you that I am doing as you do.

I know you you are speaking from yourself. I don't think many would be fooled by your posturing.

The proof will be in the fruit.

“For wisdom is justified by her children.”

Many blessings as you pursue Christ.