? Integrity ?!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

I'm reminded of the following example:

The guy says to the girl, -- would you sleep with me for a million dollars?
The girl replies, -- ummmmmm, OK.
The guys says, -- would you sleep with me for $20?
The girl replies, -- what do you think I am?!?
The guy replies, -- we've already established that, - now we're simply negotiating the price.
... and I share this because EVERY DAY we're confronted with Personal INTEGRITY, whether with the spouse, the family, at the store, or in our employment. And while it's tempting to rationalize why we can make a decision based upon ulterior motives, -- what does that make us???

Integrity is doing what GOD would do.
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That question seems too easy - no, not for a billion dollars.
But, the question about integrity is a good one. When no one is watching, do we skim off our taxes?
If our family were physically threatened, would we use violence to defend ourselves?
Do we justify turning our heads to check out the opposite sexes butt?
Do we justify hoarding hundreds of thousands of dollars because it is merely the practical thing to do?
Do we display prejudicial favoritism merely based on a person's genetic similarity to ourselves (our children)?
Do we judge prostitutes as being unworthy of our company?
Do we criticize the leisure activities of others, but justify our own leisure?
Do we claim to believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible, and then seek sorcerers (dispensers of medicines) to ease our illnesses?

Reactions: Helen