Inter-Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another name for tombs called churches and platforms such as Islam recruit.

Yet God uses 'churches'.

Are all the Christian missionary activities working for the devil?
Are the Christian charities seeking to help people in need working for the devil?

Because it is the churches that raise the prayer, the people and the cash that supports the missionary and charity work around the world.

Reactions: Dave L

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before we discuss "inter-faith", it is best to state your specific definition of the term, and in what context you're using it. Those definitions and contexts can vary widely after all.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before we discuss "inter-faith", it is best to state your specific definition of the term, and in what context you're using it.
Looks like CoreIssue started out on the wrong foot. Here is what inter-faith dialogue is all about:

"The purpose of interfaith dialogue is to increase our understanding of and respect for other religious systems and institutions, thereby increasing our appreciation of their values. Dialogue should enhance our sensitivity to the feelings of all professing religious people in their relationship with God. Good dialogue should, in addition, result in the deepening of the faith of every participant..."
Guidelines for Interfaith Dialogue | Religion Communicators Council

interfaithdialogue.jpg

So essentially all religions are placed on the same footing and everyone is to respect and appreciate every other religion, and be careful not to offend other religionists. Which will help make every person more committed to their own religion.

While in theory this sounds good, what it does is that it places Bible Christianity on the same footing all all other religions. But that goes against the grain, since the Lord Jesus Christ made a unique claim for Himself: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father...Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me (John 14:6,9,11)

Christians cannot in good conscience participate in inter-faith dialogue. But there are many denominations which have involved themselves such as those with the Ecumenical Movement.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While in theory this sounds good, what it does is that it places Bible Christianity on the same footing all all other religions. But that goes against the grain, since the Lord Jesus Christ made a unique claim for Himself: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father...Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me (John 14:6,9,11)

Christians cannot in good conscience participate in inter-faith dialogue. But there are many denominations which have involved themselves such as those with the Ecumenical Movement.
I'm not sure what your objection is here.

Does Christ require you to a jerk to people of other faiths?
Does acknowledging another person's choice to be Hindu threaten your devotion to Christ?
Does understanding what a Jain believes somehow make your beliefs less True?

My town has an inter-faith soup kitchen. It's ran as a joint effort between many churches in town (all over the Christian and non Christian spectrum). Do you find people of many faiths feeding the hungry offensive or in violation of your faith somehow?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Does acknowledging another person's choice to be Hindu threaten your devotion to Christ?
That's hardly the point. Since all religions exclude Christ as the only Savior of the world, to leave others in their own religion is to ignore what God says about bringing the Light of the Gospel to the whole world. Every person must be made aware that without Christ they will be eternally damned. And this is NOT inter-faith dialogue.

This has nothing to do with food banks, soup kitchens, etc. which are all fine in their place.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's hardly the point. Since all religions exclude Christ as the only Savior of the world, to leave others in their own religion is to ignore what God says about bringing the Light of the Gospel to the whole world. Every person must be made aware that without Christ they will be eternally damned. And this is NOT inter-faith dialogue.

This has nothing to do with food banks, soup kitchens, etc. which are all fine in their place.
A person can evangelize while totally acknowledging another person's beliefs and being respectful about them, so again I'm not sure where your seeing conflict here.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A person can evangelize while totally acknowledging another person's beliefs and being respectful about them, so again I'm not sure where your seeing conflict here.
I am not suggesting that anyone be disrespectful. But let's face it. The Gospel itself is sufficient to shown other religionists that their beliefs are totally false, regardless of how carefully it is shared. And inter-faith puts all religions on the same footing.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not suggesting that anyone be disrespectful. But let's face it. The Gospel itself is sufficient to shown other religionists that their beliefs are totally false, regardless of how carefully it is shared. And inter-faith puts all religions on the same footing.
Equal footing in terms of respect and acknowledging them.
Not equal footing in terms of everyone thinking everyone else is equally right. Everyone thinks they are right.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not equal footing in terms of everyone thinking everyone else is equally right. Everyone thinks they are right.

You're missing the point.

An example is Mother Teresa. She respected everybody's. She urged them to seek comfort in their religion. She never pushed Christ on them.

So what did that mean at the end of the line? It means they went to Hell.

His true love embracing others for the are in this life even if it put some day in Hell? Or is it trying every way you can get them to see the truth?

Indeed Mormonism has social programs to comfort people. But what value our programs that meet physical needs and comfort while neglecting spiritual needs and eternity?

When Paul witnessed at the street idols he began by talking about their religion and where they were moved the conversation around to Christ and where they needed to be.

A Christian's responsibility is to bring people to Christ, not to respect and embrace their absence from Christ.

So, as with Mormonism, who are the biggest witnesses against Mormons and trying to get people out? Ex Mormons.

The Liberals in DC are on pushing your kind of thinking. They embrace Muslims who come here aiding Christian and killing non-Muslims. They are pushing sharia law and turning US into what we see in the Middle East.

Don't even try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking. Having worked in naval intelligence and being a councilman and mayor I have seen and no far more on the issue then you do.

And atheists are some of the biggest haters of Christianity in the world.

Think what you will, but what I said is true.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can that be when the majority of world religions (including false Christianity) are IDOLATROUS? By *acknowledging them* you are essentially saying *Idolatry is OK*.

And for Judaism you are saying *Rejecting Jesus of Nazareth is OK*.

Unless you are firstly prepared to see that there is a spiritual war on earth with Bible Christianity and Christ arrayed against Satan and ALL the idolatrous religions of world, you will never understand that so-called *Inter-faith* dialogue is A TOTAL SHAM.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can that be when the majority of world religions (including false Christianity) are IDOLATROUS? By *acknowledging them* you are essentially saying *Idolatry is OK*.
How did you go from "I see that you are a Buddhist" to "Being a Buddhist completely as good as being a Christian"? That's several HUGE steps in logic.
Acknowledging that someone is a Buddhist is simply acknowledging that fact. It's not agreeing with their beliefs.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My town has an inter-faith soup kitchen. It's ran as a joint effort between many churches in town (all over the Christian and non Christian spectrum). Do you find people of many faiths feeding the hungry offensive or in violation of your faith somehow?
What remains is you do not deliberately worship together with someone who is not Christian or has non biblical doctrine they use in worship.

Such as worshiping in the Catholic Church. Or a Jehovah witness meeting hall. Or a Mormon church.

You cannot worship was someone worshiping a different god.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you go from "I see that you are a Buddhist" to "Being a Buddhist completely as good as being a Christian"? That's several HUGE steps in logic.
Acknowledging that someone is a Buddhist is simply acknowledging that fact. It's not agreeing with their beliefs.
But they are talking joint worship.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was invited to a Muslim community center.

I was not aware they were going to be conducting Muslim worship at the same time.

Whenever they began a worship I backed away and refused to take part. I was there for a business setting, not worship.