Interesting Bible facts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's a new thread to kick of 2022, interesting Bible facts. Here we go.

This is about King Solomon

1 Kings 4:32
He spoke three thousand proverbs and his songs were one thousand and five.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a new thread to kick of 2022, interesting Bible facts. Here we go.

This is about King Solomon

1 Kings 4:32
He spoke three thousand proverbs and his songs were one thousand and five.

Yes sir, but we can learn a lesson from him as well, while at this moment we may be the most dedicated servant of God, tomorrow we might choose to leave Him. Serving God is a 24/7 responsibility and although His commandments are not burdensome 1 Jn 5:3 it is quite easy to fall into complacency.

Reactions: Josho and amadeus

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jubal was the first to play the harp and the flute, also the first musician to be recorded in the Bible.

Genesis 4:20-21
Adah gave birth to Jabal, who was the first of those who raise livestock and live in tents. His brother’s name was Jubal, the first of all who play the harp and flute.

Reactions: Pearl

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain was murdered by his grandson Lamech in the latter's bid to become the top dog of the time:

"Then Lamech said to his wives: 'Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I have killed a man for wounding me, even a young man for hurting me. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.'" - Gen. 4:23-24

The English translations fail to properly render Lamech's words the way they should have, but the point of Lamech's proverb was that he wanted everyone to know that he was willing to kill whoever got in his way of ruling the Pre-Flood world. It's pretty ironic and poetic that Cain himself was the victim of a lifestyle that he created and cultivated.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Cain was murdered by his grandson Lamech in the latter's bid to become the top dog of the time:

"Then Lamech said to his wives: 'Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I have killed a man for wounding me, even a young man for hurting me. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.'" - Gen. 4:23-24

The English translations fail to properly render Lamech's words the way they should have, but the point of Lamech's proverb was that he wanted everyone to know that he was willing to kill whoever got in his way of ruling the Pre-Flood world. It's pretty ironic and poetic that Cain himself was the victim of a lifestyle that he created and cultivated.
That's not what it says! Genesis 4:17-18 (WEB):

(17) Cain knew his wife. She conceived, and gave birth to Enoch. He built a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
(18) To Enoch was born Irad. Irad became the father of Mehujael. Mehujael became the father of Methushael. Methushael became the father of Lamech.​

So Lamech was not Cain's grandson, he was his great-great-great-grandson! (Cain -> Enoch -> Irad -> Mehujael -> Methushael -> Lamech.)

It also does not say that Lamech killed his great-great-great-grandfather/Cain. It just says a "young man", which Cain would not have been at that time. Cain was 70 years old when he had his first son Enoch, Enoch was 65 when he had Irad, who was 162 when he had Mehujael, who was 65 when he had Methushael, who was 187 when he had Lamech. So when Lamech was born Cain was 549 years old - hardly a candidate to be called "a young man" by Lamech some years later! (Ages taken from the Cambridge Bible Notes.)