Interview- Children's Ministry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi! I have an interview in an hour to be an assistant for a Christian preschool. Please keep this in prayer. It is a paid position, great hours, and my daughter can come once a week with me. Ive always been called in children's ministry. I don't know if this is it, but I am sure praying God's will! I know a few kids who go there. I absolutely think it is a great place.

Only thing is the statement of faith said, they do not teach or condone tongues. And I needed to sign it. So I agreed with every part except that. So I wrote that I pray in tongues privately at home. I would pray in tongues over people, but not if the school didn't teach that. But I needed to be honest, because it asked if I agreed with it all without reservation. Just a bit nervous about that, but I needed to be honest. I do believe this. I have surely grown spiritually.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi! I have an interview in an hour to be an assistant for a Christian preschool. Please keep this in prayer. It is a paid position, great hours, and my daughter can come once a week with me. Ive always been called in children's ministry. I don't know if this is it, but I am sure praying God's will! I know a few kids who go there. I absolutely think it is a great place.

Only thing is the statement of faith said, they do not teach or condone tongues. And I needed to sign it. So I agreed with every part except that. So I wrote that I pray in tongues privately at home. I would pray in tongues over people, but not if the school didn't teach that. But I needed to be honest, because it asked if I agreed with it all without reservation. Just a bit nervous about that, but I needed to be honest. I do believe this. I have surely grown spiritually.
That was fast!!!! Let me refer you back to our PM.....I bet there are others that work there that speak in tongues as well.....the statement of faith to not teach it or condone it is probably to be open to all faiths or specifically those who don't believe in it and don't want their children exposed to it.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the praise is they offered me a substitute teaching job. :) I accepted it!!! The one who has 26 years experience and cda got the assistant position. I understand that. :D They said they do not hear millinials like me talk about their relationship with God and wanting to serve in Children's Ministry anymore. She said she would eventually like to hire me for even more then just part time hours!!!! So this is a great blessing!!!! Subbing, I can get my foot in the door and get the experience I need to get a CDA. Praise God!!!! So PUMPED!!!! And yeh, as Patty said, some parents just don't want their kids exposed to tongues. I understand. :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the praise is they offered me a substitute teaching job. :) I accepted it!!! The one who has 26 years experience and cda got the assistant position. I understand that. :D They said they do not hear millinials like me talk about their relationship with God and wanting to serve in Children's Ministry anymore. She said she would eventually like to hire me for even more then just part time hours!!!! So this is a great blessing!!!! Subbing, I can get my foot in the door and get the experience I need to get a CDA. Praise God!!!! So PUMPED!!!! And yeh, as Patty said, some parents just don't want their kids exposed to tongues. I understand. :)
You just entered a new level of faith....I am in tears...it's as though I am watching my little girl grow up....lol....emphasis as if....I know you aren't my little girl. Praise God, you will promote fast. Because why? Because you are obedient in the little things...He will trust you with bigger things.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEAH!!!!!

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found a nice pic of the generation names, but can't post it. But I guess I am a millinial. Generation Y. I am a vit disappointed. Lol. I think the centinials are the tide pod/glue lips together era. But I thought they were the millinials. Lol I got curious. :)

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this one:
  • 2000 to present: New Silent Generation or Generation Z.
  • 1980 to 2000: Millennials or Generation Y.
  • 1965 to 1979: Thirteeners or Generation X.
  • 1946 to 1964: Baby Boomers.
  • 1925 to 1945: Silent Generation.
  • 1900 to 1924: G.I. Generation.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this one:
  • 2000 to present: New Silent Generation or Generation Z.
  • 1980 to 2000: Millennials or Generation Y.
  • 1965 to 1979: Thirteeners or Generation X.
  • 1946 to 1964: Baby Boomers.
  • 1925 to 1945: Silent Generation.
  • 1900 to 1924: G.I. Generation.

Yeh this is what the pic says

Reactions: Willie T

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So MY generation is the tide pod generation? I think I act more like a thirteener.