Intolerance And Judgmentalism In A Christian Forum?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I really shudder as I feel like many people here would literally persecute others for their beliefs it were socially and/or legally acceptable. There is so much hostility. Am I the only one who feels that way?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I really shudder as I feel like many people here would literally persecute others for their beliefs it were socially and/or legally acceptable. There is so much hostility. Am I the only one who feels that way?
Unfortunately there is still too much hostility seen. Some I have waited for them to make positive and correct statements so I can give them a 'like' and/or a good reply. For some of them I am still waiting striving where it is possible to bite my tongue rather than hit them with the negative... I guess sometimes we are all at fault... except any who have already overcome as Jesus did.

Too much emphasis on doctrine and not enough on real Love... Help us all dear Lord!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Barney, you are not alone in this. It's like they enjoy arguing and condemning others. Judge, Jury AND executioner. Such as these, think they are sitting in Gods throne. Correcting error, if it is indeed error, yes correction is called for (according to script.) but in what 'attitude' is the one doing the correcting?
But, who does the 'correcting' on here as, we really do NOT know one another so as to be able to see their actions, words, all manner of stuff.
Dunno bro, maybe it should be the Mods.? Butm ha...there ya have it again as not all the Mods will agree with one another just as not all of us.
God help our little community and let those who "correct" do it in love and knowledge. In Jesus Name, Amen!

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Despite a few bad apples I would say that this community and this site overall is very welcoming and friendly. I’ve seen worse in real life and online. There are some disagreements here but it’s not hostile and downright nasty.
Some people here are lovely and it’s a joy to read them so Thank You for being nice and God bless you all.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Barney, you are not alone in this. It's like they enjoy arguing and condemning others. Judge, Jury AND executioner. Such as these, think they are sitting in Gods throne. Correcting error, if it is indeed error, yes correction is called for (according to script.) but in what 'attitude' is the one doing the correcting?
But, who does the 'correcting' on here as, we really do NOT know one another so as to be able to see their actions, words, all manner of stuff.
Dunno bro, maybe it should be the Mods.? Butm ha...there ya have it again as not all the Mods will agree with one another just as not all of us.
God help our little community and let those who "correct" do it in love and knowledge. In Jesus Name, Amen!
You know since becoming a mod I have come to see that often things are being done that you don’t see , so you think the mods are not doing something when in fact they are, but there are rules to follow and guidelines to take into account……….also it depends on whether posts are reported, but then again all reports are assessed, but you cannot see that all the time…….
Someone’s words may be harsh and not liked, but often as not the person is not breaking the rules as such….
I get frustrated as well as I think many on here are rude, abrupt and insulting, and certainly do not show Christian love to one another, but I have a lot more respect for the mods now that I have seen the other side xxx

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been on the site a couple of days and I've already encountered vile hostility from one member. I initially confronted this person because I wanted to make it clear to them that I will not be bullied. I don't engage this member anymore since I stood up for myself. Generally speaking, I think there are some people (including Christians) who feel empowered bullying other people online while they hide behind a computer screen in anonymity. It's doubtful that most of these people would have the courage to push around someone else face to face like they try to push around another person online. The best way to outsmart someone like that is disengage and not respond to their taunting and don't give this person the satisfaction of getting a rise out of you. There is no reason why you should allow someone else to mistreat you online or in real life.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is a lot of intolerance and judgmentalism about people who are judgmental and intolerant.

Next there will be complaints about people complaining. :rolleyes:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is so wrong about having opinions?

What is wrong with seeking to correct a wrong idea?

Those who feel strongly or passionatly about something can/are intolerant, remember none of the apostles were shy when it came to standing up for the truth both Paul and Jesus could be calld intolerant in there words and actions.

If you have examples report them to the mods.

Reactions: dev553344

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel the same way BarneyFife, like when I say there is Idolatry in the Catholic Church, the Catholics on here right away come out and start the attack, I'm a former Catholic myself, I'm not angry at them for the way they worship, I've said it in the beginning, I don't care what the denomination you belong to, as long as you believe in Christ as God's only begotten son and that he died on the Cross for our sins and accept that, you're good in my book.

But I feel like I have to point out the truth when it's so obvious, I'm not trying to offend them but pointing out what I've seen since I was a child going to a Catholic Church.

But I'm in no way shape or form against Catholics or how they worship, that is their right and choice.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes my flesh can be riled up and become passionate for whatever my beliefs are sharing with another person, so am guilty of it myself. The best form or method in my opinion is to just let people say what they are going to, because no one can control another person.

You can give an statement back into something you believe but they may just reject it all together. Thinking about Paul and his writings it is up to individuals (Romans 10:12-21) to share the good news or great news of Christ which the Gospel of Christ is about the death, burial, and resurrection.

From what understood yesterday is that we use words to convey our belief, and share them, and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Which should be done in the likes of Christlikeness, humble, humility, compassion, kindness, which would to me be abiding in Christ.

People have all heard the Report; even David declared the heavens declare and the firmament shows Gods handy work, so even in the span of 20 or 23 years of Paul’s work everyone in the world then in that age knew about God especially the Isrealites in which where they had the messiah killed.

Sometimes you wonder if your sharing is working, sharing the word of God but all you have to is share if you feel lead not out impulse but in self-control.

But even the prophets came and proclaimed to Israel, and the nation of that people killed the prophets.

It’s like they didn’t care, so it may effect you the same way as though sharing with others and your overlooked they don’t care.

Think about Jesus when he came to his own and the rejected him, think about when he was betrayed by his friend Judas, think about when they were beating him, spiting on him, and placed the crown of thorns on his head, scourged him, and placed him on the cross held by nails and hanged there.

Remember the things he said in each account. One I remember was forgive them for they no not what they do.

For some many people they just stop there, they don’t mention that he didn’t just stay there but he was buried and resurrected which is so important for one to implement in their mind because that is where new life begins coming up out the grave and living for the one who died for you.

Patience, gentleness, living by the spirit and not the flesh is the best choice though we live and do things in the flesh, realize that faith on the one whom God raised from the dead is what makes us have pace with God being justified by trusting in the death, burial, and resurrection.

Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is so wrong about having opinions?

What is wrong with seeking to correct a wrong idea?

Those who feel strongly or passionatly about something can/are intolerant, remember none of the apostles were shy when it came to standing up for the truth both Paul and Jesus could be calld intolerant in there words and actions.

If you have examples report them to the mods.
I certainly have as I am sure others have. The mods work at it but having been in that job before I understand the difficulty for them. Just always remember Pontius Pilate's question. He asked what it was but did not know. Many people think that they do know, but really they, like me, know only in part and are very likely wrong in other parts. The unwillingness to seriously admit the possibility of one's own errors causes a lot of the trouble.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Despite a few bad apples I would say that this community and this site overall is very welcoming and friendly. I’ve seen worse in real life and online. There are some disagreements here but it’s not hostile and downright nasty.
I agree.
I've seen much worse in on-line forums, lol.
The bad ones I've been in have cliques that roam the threads looking for people to devour and the mods in those forums look the other way.

I'm fine with healthy, robust debate, but when it comes down to underhanded tactics, and collusion with the mods that's where one must reevaluate their continued participation in that forum. But I'm stubborn. I usually hang around too long, lol.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’ve been thinking lately about how the Adversary used Scripture in his temptation of Christ.

Those who seek righteousness risk becoming self-righteous.

I liberally use the ignore feature.

Reactions: marks and dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know since becoming a mod I have come to see that often things are being done that you don’t see , so you think the mods are not doing something when in fact they are, but there are rules to follow and guidelines to take into account……….also it depends on whether posts are reported, but then again all reports are assessed, but you cannot see that all the time…….
Someone’s words may be harsh and not liked, but often as not the person is not breaking the rules as such….
I get frustrated as well as I think many on here are rude, abrupt and insulting, and certainly do not show Christian love to one another, but I have a lot more respect for the mods now that I have seen the other side xxx
This should settle all accounts; I'm always right every time all the time. For those who disagree, let it be known you'll need to get my permission and for those of you who agree, you need to consult the mod for confirmation :)