Intolerance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Is the intolerance for opposing opinions that is now so prevalent across western society, any different from the religious intolerance that so dominated society during the dark ages? Are not the results the same?
Could it be that the ideology behind such intolerance, in both ages, has a common source?

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Is the intolerance for opposing opinions that is now so prevalent across western society, any different from the religious intolerance that so dominated society during the dark ages? Are not the results the same?
Could it be that the ideology behind such intolerance, in both ages, has a common source?

A Christian message board isn’t an appropriate place to discuss the role a certain tribe has played in sowing division among to Gentiles to make society more conducive to their interests. That group of people has done an astonishingly good job in portraying themselves as humanity’s perpetual victims, even though every group has been a victim at some point in history, so you will risk getting branded a Nazi just for raising the subject.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A Christian message board isn’t an appropriate place to discuss the role a certain tribe has played in sowing division among to Gentiles to make society more conducive to their interests. That group of people has done an astonishingly good job in portraying themselves as humanity’s perpetual victims, even though every group has been a victim at some point in history, so you will risk getting branded a Nazi just for raising the subject.
An ethics and morality section is inappropriate for a discussion on freedom of thought and speech?

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An ethics and morality section is inappropriate for a discussion on freedom of thought and speech?

I was banned from a different Christian message board for “hate speech” when I contributed to a discussion regarding certain aspects of Jewish influence, namely on how many Jews in positions of power like to promote extreme cultural leftism to undermine the integrity of their host nations. Apparently, many Jewish people have delusions about being persecuted by the goyim and think a divided society is best for their interests.

Yet simply stating this fact was enough for others to compare me to David Duke and the KKK, and my account was promptly banned. I don’t know about any Jews who deny these facts, and many state it openly. In fact, George Soros makes no secret about the role his Jewish background plays in motivating him to harm the cultural integrity of Western nations, and his son Alex spoke quite openly about it one time. But again: None of these facts mattered to the mods, who appeared to think I was some sort of Nazi for calling a spade a spade.

I’m not anti-free speech. I’m just giving you a friendly heads-up that raising the subject of Jewish subversion may not be a great idea especially considering that many people these days think that criticizing Jews, no matter how accurate, automatically means you’re a Nazi, Klansman, or horrible person.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was banned from a different Christian message board for “hate speech” when I contributed to a discussion regarding certain aspects of Jewish influence, namely on how many Jews in positions of power like to promote extreme cultural leftism to undermine the integrity of their host nations. Apparently, many Jewish people have delusions about being persecuted by the goyim and think a divided society is best for their interests.

Yet simply stating this fact was enough for others to compare me to David Duke and the KKK, and my account was promptly banned. I don’t know about any Jews who deny these facts, and many state it openly. In fact, George Soros makes no secret about the role his Jewish background plays in motivating him to harm the cultural integrity of Western nations, and his son Alex spoke quite openly about it one time. But again: None of these facts mattered to the mods, who appeared to think I was some sort of Nazi for calling a spade a spade.

I’m not anti-free speech. I’m just giving you a friendly heads-up that raising the subject of Jewish subversion may not be a great idea especially considering that many people these days think that criticizing Jews, no matter how accurate, automatically means you’re a Nazi, Klansman, or horrible person.
No criticism of Jewish influence in the world from me intended. The Jews weren't responsible for the intolerance of opposing religious thought in the dark ages. They had very little influence and power in western Europe.

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the intolerance being seen in the western world goes beyond religious and into the secular world as well.
You don't have to be a christian or a jew to know that pedophilia and human trafficking, causing racial divisions, and angry mob rule, can not and should not be tolerated. Not in a civil society where most people just want to live their lives in peace and according to their traditions.
The problem comes when one group of people try to push their agendas which are so far removed from the norm, onto the rest of the people.
Some may see this as religious intolerance. I simply see it as crimes against commonsense and humanity.

I believe the common denominator of today and yesterday, is the same spiritual warfare man has been battling from the the beginning.
Good vs. Evil.

Hugs

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe the intolerance being seen in the western world goes beyond religious and into the secular world as well.
You don't have to be a christian or a jew to know that pedophilia and human trafficking, causing racial divisions, and angry mob rule, can not and should not be tolerated. Not in a civil society where most people just want to live their lives in peace and according to their traditions.
The problem comes when one group of people try to push their agendas which are so far removed from the norm, onto the rest of the people.
Some may see this as religious intolerance. I simply see it as crimes against commonsense and humanity.

I believe the common denominator of today and yesterday, is the same spiritual warfare man has been battling from the the beginning.
Good vs. Evil.

Hugs
I agree with you, however I'm thinking of a more direct challenge and pointed agenda. Some of course would paint me as a conspiracy theorist. What? A deliberate attempt to bring civil, political, and religious unrest into western protestant society? Who would do such a thing? Who indeed.

Reactions: Nancy and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of course would paint me as a conspiracy theorist.
I'm in that club :D

Rightwing, radical, white supremist, nazi, tin foil hat conspiracy theorist, Trump loving, Q following, deplorable.

LOL

however I'm thinking of a more direct challenge and pointed agenda

Could you give me an example?
Hugs

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the intolerance for opposing opinions that is now so prevalent across western society
Intolerance for opposing opinions... In western society... That is an interesting statement because while I see your point, I also do not!

In the past 5 years or so, we have become more hateful in our (Westerners) opposition. Republicans and Democrats often not only disagree, but demonize the other side. In a lot of ways we are more intolerant, but that (I believe) is a result of pushing tolerance: forcing and demanding others to accept another's principles and beliefs. Its wrong!

But look at what is now tolerated ove the last 20, 50 and 150 years. Yes, we have taken a step back in the last 5 years with things like cancel culture and WOKE, but over the last 50 to 150 years, western society has become more tolerant and has done it faster than what was done in any time in history.

Frankly, like I said, we have over did it. In many ways and I will expound on that if needed.

....any different from the religious intolerance that so dominated society during the dark ages? Are not the results the same?

Some ways the same, in others far less brutal. The way the Catholics and Protestants persecuted each other as well as Jews and Muslims (and they are not innocent either) is far more deplorable. And yet, it goes on today... Not so much in western culture but definitely in others.

In short... No, western culture doesn't have it all right, but its foolish to say or suggest we aren't tolerant.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intolerance for opposing opinions... In western society... That is an interesting statement because while I see your point, I also do not!

In the past 5 years or so, we have become more hateful in our (Westerners) opposition. Republicans and Democrats often not only disagree, but demonize the other side. In a lot of ways we are more intolerant, but that (I believe) is a result of pushing tolerance: forcing and demanding others to accept another's principles and beliefs. Its wrong!

But look at what is now tolerated ove the last 20, 50 and 150 years. Yes, we have taken a step back in the last 5 years with things like cancel culture and WOKE, but over the last 50 to 150 years, western society has become more tolerant and has done it faster than what was done in any time in history.

Frankly, like I said, we have over did it. In many ways and I will expound on that if needed.

Some ways the same, in others far less brutal. The way the Catholics and Protestants persecuted each other as well as Jews and Muslims (and they are not innocent either) is far more deplorable. And yet, it goes on today... Not so much in western culture but definitely in others.

In short... No, western culture doesn't have it all right, but its foolish to say or suggest we aren't tolerant.
I think we will see more intolerance approaching in the near future.
There is no reasoning with the WOKE. And I believe they are trying very hard to create a generation that is intolerant in truth.
While they say they want tolerance, they themselves are the most intolerant.

I believe if adults want to live a certain lifestyle, then they will have to answer for it themselves. (Tolerance)
They believe if they can't make you be a participant in their lifestyle, then you deserve to be punished. (Intolerant)

I see this in Sodom and Gomorrah, when the angels came to stay with Lot. And no matter how much Lot was willing to offer them,
even his daughters, they would not take no for an answer.
This is scary, but this is where we are.
Hugs

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The intolerance I was originally considering was toward points of view in politics and religion, as now experienced by many in universities and colleges campuses. There is a concerted effort by those now in power to stifle debate and trample down the free thinking ideas of any who don't concur with an agreed party line.
This intolerance for personal views other than their own can cover a range of contexts, from gender fluidity to vaccinations, from religious freedom to political populism.
I agree with you particularly about the WOKE culture. But that is merely the next step down from the toleration of the slow slide over decades into promiscuity. The next step is to make the gay lifestyle and transgender thinking compulsory... Oh wait.
But the slide into immorality was always to be expected. It is the unwillingness by so many to engage in actual debate on these matters which surprises me. People today have their own opinion which is fine, but what isn't fine is the anger and intolerance toward those who happen to differ, and the stifling of debate and the opportunity to publicly air differing opinions. The media for example is almost completely in lock step on one side of the divide. How many media outlets now freely allow letters to the editor and opposing opinions to be viewed without some form vociferous editorializing and often complete cancelling?
The tolerance of immorality and sin has led to the intolerance of righteousness and moral ethics. Isaiah's prophecy is now fully realized...
KJV Isaiah 5:20
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Written by a very wise woman in the late 19th century...
Satan will work with all his deceptive power to influence the heart and becloud the understanding, to make evil appear good, and good evil. The stronger and purer the faith of God's people, and the firmer their determination to obey Him, the more fiercely will Satan strive to stir up against them the rage of those who, while claiming to be righteous, trample upon the law of God. It will require the firmest trust, the most heroic purpose, to hold fast the faith once delivered to the saints.{AA 431.1}
It is that becoming highly dangerous to hold an opinion today that contradicts the moral standard now accepted in society. Sinners now rage against all who would dare call them out for their ungodliness, even to the point of taking them to court for holding to a higher standard than they.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is no longer about "opposing opinions" or "opposing viewpoints". It is now a Satanic and demonic desire to crush and destroy everything that is sane, moral, legal, righteous, or Christian. And the focus of evildoers is now the youngest and most vulnerable children! Their bodies, souls, and spirits must be destroyed by the enemies of humanity. That is on top of the genocidal abortion industry.

For example The Walt Disney Company -- which was at one time dedicated to clean entertainment for children -- has committed itself to the LGBTQ agenda, and now half their characters will be showing sexual deviance and perversion to kids! The plan is to promote transgenderism and cause identity confusion in the most vulnerable. If that is not the most evil and demonic agenda, then nothing is.

The world has reached the stage where Satan has bared his fangs on whatever is decent, right, just, and worthy, through his minions. There is now absolute hatred and contempt for God and godliness. So the war between Darkness and Light has intensified to a degree never seen before. This is all in preparation for the revelation of the Antichrist, the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Amen... man is the cause! He always has been. Why did/does God allow it?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen... man is the cause! He always has been. Why did/does God allow it?
I believe there comes a point when he doesn't anymore.
Like Noah's days and Sodom's days.
I believe we are living these days in God's grace because there are still more than 10 righteous in the city.
When it gets down to 1, then we have a problem Houston.
The Bible says, unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved.
Hopefully we won't have to wait for it to get to one faithful remaining.

Hugs

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Not the same. The religious intolerance of the dark ages was due to a Pastor's sense of accountability. Not that some similar motivations don't exist but the intolerance of today is all selfishness.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we are living these days in God's grace because there are still more than 10 righteous in the city.

Hugs
They tempted God in those days, the days of Noah and Sodom, and then their time was full and there was for them, "time no longer"!

"And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:" Rev 10:5-6

So then out of time and Not on God's side, where would a man then be? Where does intolerance lead?

"Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit" Acts 7:57-59

Are those who stoned Stephen different than the intolerant ones of today?

They stopped their ears and cast the stones! How close are people to stoning their opposition today? Are rocks the only stones?

Does anyone dare to oppose the Trinity?
Does anyone dare to oppose Jesus being God?
Does anyone dare to oppose Jesus not being God?
Does anyone dare to oppose OSAS?
Does anyone date to support OSAS?
Does anyone dare to oppose unending suffering in fire?
Does anyone dare to oppose what this group or that group has determined to be truth?

Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Brakelite and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone dare to oppose the Trinity?
Does anyone dare to oppose Jesus being God?
Does anyone dare to oppose Jesus not being God?
Does anyone dare to oppose OSAS?
Does anyone date to support OSAS?
Does anyone dare to oppose unending suffering in fire?
Does anyone dare to oppose what this group or that group has determined to be truth?

I do that inside myself all the time.
There are still a lot of things I am not fully persuaded of.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

And so we make known to others of our doubts or persuasions. And everyone hath a psalm and a revelation...

Intolerance is when we flat out refuse to listen to what someone else believes, ponders, "rambles"
and begins to attack the person and not the thing which is put on the table for discussion.
We should be able to reasonably discuss things as rational adults.
If it's a gentle easy post, I try to be gentle and easy.
If it's a difficult post, sometimes I have to read it 3 or 4 times to understand what it is the poster is trying to say.
Because we don't all hear the same, some don't really read the post, they just pounce on it without considering the whole thing.
It takes a lot of patience. And patience takes time. And not many people take the time to have patience.

There are a lot of things in this world that I am on auto pilot to just discard. No discussion.
It's taken me a long time to at least willingly hear the other side, even if I don't agree. I try to show at least that much respect for the person who is taking the time to share their thoughts.

I may still come out and disagree, but at least I took the time to listen.
And there are still times I fall short on that too.

No, we're not perfect. We can strive to be the best that we can be with the Lord's help.
Humbleness... it always comes back to that, and Hospitality.
Charity.
It's fading in the world around us. We need to find a way to keep the candle burning, to keep the light alive.
But one has to be willing. And maybe that's the hardest battle of all.

Just rambing..
Much Love
Hugs

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do that inside myself all the time.
There are still a lot of things I am not fully persuaded of.
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

And so we make known to others of our doubts or persuasions. And everyone hath a psalm and a revelation...

Intolerance is when we flat out refuse to listen to what someone else believes, ponders, "rambles"
and begins to attack the person and not the thing which is put on the table for discussion.
We should be able to reasonably discuss things as rational adults.
If it's a gentle easy post, I try to be gentle and easy.
If it's a difficult post, sometimes I have to read it 3 or 4 times to understand what it is the poster is trying to say.
Because we don't all hear the same, some don't really read the post, they just pounce on it without considering the whole thing.
It takes a lot of patience. And patience takes time. And not many people take the time to have patience.

There are a lot of things in this world that I am on auto pilot to just discard. No discussion.
It's taken me a long time to at least willingly hear the other side, even if I don't agree. I try to show at least that much respect for the person who is taking the time to share their thoughts.

I may still come out and disagree, but at least I took the time to listen.
And there are still times I fall short on that too.

No, we're not perfect. We can strive to be the best that we can be with the Lord's help.
Humbleness... it always comes back to that, and Hospitality.
Charity.
It's fading in the world around us. We need to find a way to keep the candle burning, to keep the light alive.
But one has to be willing. And maybe that's the hardest battle of all.

Just rambling..
Much Love
Hugs
Many times, you just ramble as led by the Holy Spirit!
Give God the glory!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not the same. The religious intolerance of the dark ages was due to a Pastor's sense of accountability. Not that some similar motivations don't exist but the intolerance of today is all selfishness.
The pastor's sense of accountability to who? The religion of the dark ages that allowed for the murder and torture and genocide of those who held 'another opinion' was not the religion of Jesus. The religion of the dark ages had degenerated into a man made ritualistic formalism devoid of life, and it became apparent to those 'pastors' that the only way to sustain it was by force. Just as the only way to sustain the humanistic socialism of demons today is by force.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hugs
KJV 1 Corinthians 15:19
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

Reactions: amadeus and farouk