Intro to The Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God [1] gave him to show unto his [2] servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified [3] it by his angel unto his servant John; * 2 who bare witness of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, even of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written therein: for the time is at hand. (ASV)

There a large and disconcerting number of Pastors and Lay Preachers that are scared to teach the oft misnamed book, The Revelation of Jesus to His Servant, John. This means there is a serious lack of education, in my opinion, in the Colleges that prepare the Bible Teachers and Pastoral Staff that fills our church buildings and assumes to prepare (Matt. 28:19, 20) the Lost man for Salvation and the Saved Man for his or her Transition into Heaven!

Any Holy Spirit indwelt Christian will never, and I´ll be bold enough to emphasize, never, die! The fragile, temporary, vessel they are resident in at the moment will expire, but neither I, nor they will ever die! This book, written in the same fashion and manor as the original Bible, the Old Testament, is not and never will be a book of doom for the Saved Man. That, alone, is a sermon by it´s self but Iĺl try to stay on subject here and help you to study the Revelation.

[1] The opening statement alone should draw the Saved Man and the Bride of the Christ to hunger for understanding of this, last, book of the Holy Scriptures. I do realize that most Saved Men, and Women, have quenched the Holy Spirit so badly that it has become common to see folks say the HS and completely dishonor God but for those of us that have dedicated our lives to the service of God´s wishes, the study of the Revelation should always be on our minds. This, complete, book is given by Father God to Jesus, the Son of God, to send an Angel of God to reveal to us.

[2]Now we must come to grips with the term ¨shortly¨ when it has the Eternal perspective of Heaven involved. Jesus, in 2Pet. 3:8, left us with; But forget not this one thing, beloved, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. Shortly, in a Heavenly perspective could be a couple of days, which to the human and Earthly perspective, is, easily, Two Thousand Years! (Just a foot note: Throughout the scriptures we see that God considers, things in regard to perfection, in sevens.) It was about 4 days when Jesus came to die for us and it has been about 2 days (Heaven´s time) since He ascended. That leaves us, just about ready for the One Thousand Year (The final day) reign of Christ and the Bride on the Earth before God destroys the Earth with Fire. That puts the Seven Year (Earth years) Tribulation Period and the Rapture, right at our front door and knocking to enter!

[3] John, loving God and willing to die for Him is honored, among men, by God, to bring this to you and me. Can you afford to ignore it?

And finally, verse three. If you read or, and, you hear these words, to meditate on and to consider them, you are blessed by God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Do you honestly believe you can afford to not read and meditate on these words from the heart and the vision of God?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
"Of Jesus Christ which God gave unto him" Rev 1:1KJV

This teaches us that Jesus Christ was wholly dependent upon God for the knowledge that he passed on to "his servants," and proves conclusively that he is not co-equal with the Father.
Like Jesus we continue to learn from the Father (Yahweh) for eternity.
free-happy-smileys-317.gif

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
"John, who bare witness of the word of God" Rev 1:1-2

And this teaches us that the word of God isn't a book John read; but rather, what he heard or experienced of divine revelation or inspiration.
free-happy-smileys-317.gif

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
"By his angel" Rev 1:1

The position and inheritance God gave his Son who is now seated at His right side, a position not previously held. We now see Jesus Christ here exercising his authority over the angels of heaven to effect the purpose of God on earth (See 1 Pet. 3:22).

Though several angels are used to reveal the revelation unto John, it is evident that one, specific messenger acted as presiding angel throughout (See Rev. 19:9-10). Compare the mediating angel in the visions of Daniel and Zechariah (Dan. 8:15-16; 9:21; 10:10; Zech. 1:9).

Insight
innocent-9.gif

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I like the Concordant literal translation.
The Unveiling Of Jesus Christ
1 The Unveiling of Jesus Christ, which God gives to Him, to show to His slaves what must occur swiftly; and He signifies it, dispatching through His messenger to His slave John,
2 who testifies to the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ, whatever he perceived.
3 Happy is he who is reading and those who are hearing the word of the prophecy, and who are keeping that which is written in it, for the era is near.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Whow, such an open pot of heresy! You folks need to begin with John 1:1-3. Jesus did not become God after His death, He created everything you see, touch or feel. (John 1:1-3)

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; (KJV)

In this verse we see John is addressing the seven Churches that would be found in, I believe, what we call Asia Minor today. It is popular to also apply these statements to the different time spans of the growing Church from the death of the Christ until now. That would place us, today, in the Laodicean Church Age... I agree! This makes all of what Jesus said to John relevant to us.

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

We notice in the (B) portion of 4 and the (a) portion of 5 that the greeting and wish for Grace is from nine individuals, Jesus, John and the seven Spirits (Angels) of the seven Churches that can also be found standing (in audience?) at the foot of the Throne of God. In the latter part of 5 we see the credentials of our LORD and King, Jesus, the Messiah. And then we see the portion of this chapter that is, perhaps, the most debated, every one of us that has taken Jesus and have accepted being cleansed by His Blood is a King and a Priest, directly responsible to our Holy Father, God the Father!

Each and every one of us has direct access to he Father, through the Son of God. That is not only an honor, it is also an Eternal responsibility!

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

In verse 7 we find the reason John and the members of the Early Church were always on alert, expecting the return of the Son at any moment and the very reason we, every one of us must also stand ready. Jesus will return with the clouds, just as He left! This could have been so at any point during the past twenty centuries and it is even more possible today as we approach the end of the sixth day.

A point worth noting is that in this verse we see that Jesus will be visible, live, to all the world when He returns. Before the recent past this has not been possible but today, with the ability to broadcast live television around the globe it is a well practiced event.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

In verse 8 we find our brother, John, quoting the Master! Not only is Jesus the beginning and the ending, He is the Almighty, (John 1:1-3) Creator of everything that is. Then in verse 9 Brother John begins to explain how he came to be locked away on Patmos. And in verse 10 he explains that he had slipped into the spirit on Sunday and these things were revealed to him.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

How often in this forum do people blindly quote passages of Scripture without allowing the Scripture to teach? It is so disrespectful of the Father to use His Word like “we” do.

We need to show more care and meditate upon the Word before wresting it to others.

"I am Alpha and Omega"

You would know that the words Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet? There are (24) twentyfour letters in the Greek alphabet which is rather interesting because we have twentyfour elders found in Rev. 4:4:

Coincidence?

These elders representative the innumerable number of believers found to be in Christ through baptism and belief.

The question is why would Jesus be called the Alpha and Omega?

Well, we all know that Jesus was the Word “made” flesh and that he is the "author and finisher of our faith" (Heb. 12:2). He allowed the Word to write his life and ours.

Yes you say!

And it is in Jesus we should look for our salvation.

Yes you say!

And it is in Jesus the Father placed the process of salvation and our redemption from condemnation and death.

I still hope you are saying Yes!

When Jesus speaks he does so as the Father, but not being the Father...the Son only does that which the Father allows!

For I do not speak of myself, but from the Father who sent me and commanded me what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that [to obey] his command is life everlasting. Therefore, whatever I speak is just as the Father tells me to speak."

He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory;1 but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him, that man is true, and there is no unrighteousness is in him.

So clearly Jesus speaks as the manifestation of Yahweh, the Almighty. Though Yahweh has no beginning nor ending, His manifestation is in man who has beginning and ending.

Yahweh his Father has no beginning and no end!

Jesus Christ represents those who have a beginning and end!

See the difference?

God will be made known in and though the Lord Jesus Christ and He "will also be" made known through Adams fallen sons and daughters over who Jesus Christ is the Alpha (beginning) and Omega (end).

Jesus himself represents those children who have a beginning and an end!

Let us consider the evidence!

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us (Taylor & Insight), that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us (Taylor & Insight) not, because it knew him (Jesus) not. 1 John 3:1

See our association with the Alpha and Omega of whom are ?

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God Rom 8:19

Is Jesus included in the manifestation of the sons of God?

I hope you say yes Taylor because if you say no! you are none of His children.

Compare these verses with:

6Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isa. 44:6

Here God is stamping His authority on who is the sole source of the generations of men, ages, kingdoms etc.

Nothing has a beginning or end which HE has not started or finished!!!

4Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he. Isa. 41:4

Jews understood the One Creator was responsible for their lives and the existence of all things physical whcih have a beginning and end is attributed to the One True God, beside whom there is no other.

Conclusion:

The first red word "last" is in the singular which clearly reveals God manifesting Himself through Jesus personally; in the latter, it is in the plural - referring to him in a innumerable sense.

Everyone in this forum understands that Yahweh, God, Almighty Father etc has NO END however He establishes our generations, He creates life, Jesus being the first born, although the Head of the Body he is a created being, who is titled "Alpha and Omega" - - we are like Jesus we have a beginning and end and therefore we are represented with Christ who will one day be the Glory of the Father!

So the context of Rev 1:8 comprises the Title of Yahweh as manifested in the innumerable body of believers in Christ over who the Lord Jesus is our head.

But He who made Jesus our head has NO HEAD NO BEGINNING OR END!!!...for He is beyond the Alpha and Omega...for He never had a beginning or end, but thankfully for us He teaches...

And I will be a Father unto you (Taylor & Insight), and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2 Cor. 6:18

Jesus being the firstborn Son from among the dead.

Is God your Father...or not?

Insight

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I agree Taylor, even in the midst of more blasphemy from Jewish thinkers that Jesus of Nazareth was created, just because God chose to be born in the flesh and die on the cross to defeat the devil.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega...he unlike His Father has a begining and an end...he is a firstborn son, the first from among the dead.
smiley-wow.gif

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega...he unlike His Father has a begining and an end...he is a firstborn son, the first from among the dead.
smiley-wow.gif
Insight,
Your screen name, truly, is a great misnomer! You err for one reason and my stating it is going to make you mad but the absolute truth is that you stand in serious need of a Spiritual Inventory! Some spirit has revealed this to you but it is not being revealed to you by the Holy Spirit.

Let´s examine this matter for a moment. All the average (better than 90%) person does at the Baptismal is to get wet! When you boil it down to the bare facts, I agreed to get wet, at the hand of Brother Richard Clark, because I wanted the world to know that I had been saved and in return I wanted to grow to be more like Jesus, every day! My getting into the Baptismal served no other purpose than to be the public display it was to announce my, previous, salvation and to put a stamp on this spiritual transaction, stating that I had given my life over to God and had become His Slave. This all being true, it is important to note that the Holy Spirit, indwelling every Saved Person, never disagrees with itself!

Your very premise draws upon one narrow portion of scripture that, when read with your understanding, does not agree with other scripture, i.e. John1:1-3. This is not the only scripture it disagrees with but it is, IMHOP, the best place to begin with, fo this heretical idea. Jesus is the Beginning and the End but you need to broaden your scope, considerably! But before you can even begin to do that you need to rid your self of the Anti Christ that is teaching you.

May God bless you with forgiveness!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
smiley-wow.gif
Jesus in the OT:

Jeremiah 17:10 (NKJV)
10 I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Insight,
Your screen name, truly, is a great misnomer! You err for one reason and my stating it is going to make you mad but the absolute truth is that you stand in serious need of a Spiritual Inventory! Some spirit has revealed this to you but it is not being revealed to you by the Holy Spirit.

Let´s examine this matter for a moment. All the average (better than 90%) person does at the Baptismal is to get wet! When you boil it down to the bare facts, I agreed to get wet, at the hand of Brother Richard Clark, because I wanted the world to know that I had been saved and in return I wanted to grow to be more like Jesus, every day! My getting into the Baptismal served no other purpose than to be the public display it was to announce my, previous, salvation and to put a stamp on this spiritual transaction, stating that I had given my life over to God and had become His Slave. This all being true, it is important to note that the Holy Spirit, indwelling every Saved Person, never disagrees with itself!

Your very premise draws upon one narrow portion of scripture that, when read with your understanding, does not agree with other scripture, i.e. John1:1-3. This is not the only scripture it disagrees with but it is, IMHOP, the best place to begin with, fo this heretical idea. Jesus is the Beginning and the End but you need to broaden your scope, considerably! But before you can even begin to do that you need to rid your self of the Anti Christ that is teaching you.

May God bless you with forgiveness!

Your understanding of John 1:1-3 is vastly different to mine. Jesus was the Word made Flesh and that Flesh like yours had a beginning and an ending.

The only difference is he was conceived of the Holy Spirit and yes had a real mom like you and I.

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega -- he has a beginning and an end.

Your error is found in thinking that Jesus Christ is the actual Word of the Eternal God (Yahweh)...you fail to see that he “became” the Word made Flesh through suffering...and his sonship was on the basis of His Father giving him life.

Jesus did not pre-exist.

Insight

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Just a sidebar:

When they were building the Tower of Babel, God said, "Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another’s speech.” (Gen 11:7)

The "us" he is talking about (according to Fr. Wild of St. Catherines Parish) is Himself, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
The Elohim:

The Hebrew name for God in Genesis 1 is Elohim. To this we must all agree as clearly stated and we all know this word occurs frequently throughout the Scriptures.

The plural of this word (i.e. Eloahh) is Elohim, and occurs in the Old Testament about 2470 times. In the first and second chapters of Genesis, it is rendered in the English version by the word 'God'; but in Chapter 3:5, it is translated 'gods':

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as “gods”, knowing good and evil. Gen 3:5

In Gen 23:6 it is rendered 'mighty' but incorrectly.

6Hear us, my lord: thou art a “mighty” prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.

In chapter 30:8, it is rendered 'great'.

8And Rachel said, With “great” wrestlings have I wrestled with my sister, and I have prevailed: and she called his name Naphtali.

In 31:30, 32; 35:2,4; and many other places, idols are termed elohim, not because they were really anything of power, absolutely not! But were referred to by the idolaters who presented them this way.

In Exodus 21:6; 22:8-9; it is rendered 'judges'.

6Then his master shall bring him unto the “judges”; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

In 1 Sam. 2:25, it is 'judge'.

25If one man sin against another, the “judge” shall judge him: but if a man sin against the LORD, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the LORD would slay them.

In 1 Kings 11:5, it is translated 'goddess'.

5For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the “goddess “of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

In Jonah 3:3, it is rendered 'exceeding';

3So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an “exceeding” great city of three days' journey.

and in Mal. 2:15, it is rendered 'godly'.

15And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a “godly” seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

The Elohim (plural) said, 'Let us make man in our image'.

There are many passages where Elohim is associated with other plurals. Upon close examination there will be found no good reason to question the conclusion, that Elohim is a noun plural, and signifies 'gods'...as correctly interpreted in Gen 3:5 and many other passages.

A first principle we must accept in reasoning’s out this subject is, that 'There is one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in all' which we refer to as His spiritual family.

Another truism is that 'He is the blessed and “only” Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; who “only” hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; WHOM NO MAN HATH SEEN, nor can see" (1 Tim. 6:15; 1:17).

And again,

"God is spirit" (John 4:24); and He is "incorruptible" (Rom. 1:23).

THE INCORRUPTIBLE SPIRIT DWELLING IN LIGHT is the Bibles Revelation of One who has undefinable essence; the self-existent Eternal One, who is from everlasting to everlasting, God.

We are not revealed what exactly His essence consists in; He has made known to us His name, or Character, which is enough for us to know. He is however NOT immaterial for this would mean He is nothingness which is foolishness. We only need look at those things seen like the Universe to know God is...however it is also true that “No man,' says Jesus, 'hath seen God at any time'; but Adam, Abraham, Jacob and Moses, saw the Elohim and their Lord; therefore Elohim does not necessarily mean the Everlasting Father Himself. "Elohim is a name bestowed on angels and orders of men.

It is written, 'Worship him, all ye Elohim' (Psalm 97:7).

This is quoted by Paul in the first chapter of Hebrews, as a command of the Everlasting Father to the angels, that they should worship the Lord Jesus as His Son, when He shall introduce him into the world again at the opening of the Future Age.

It is also written concerning him, 'Thou hast made him a little lower than the Elohim' (Psalm 8:5).

Paul applies this to Jesus saying, 'We see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels' (Heb. 2:9).

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Jesus was inferior to the Elohim for a little over 30 years from the birth of the flesh to his resurrection; when he was exalted far above them in rank and dignity, even to the 'right hand of power', which is enthroned in light, where dwells the Majesty in the heavens.

From the above we conclude that when the term Elohim is used in regard to the angels, the word signifies "mighty ones" through whom Deity manifested Himself.

The Strong’s Concordance tell us the word is derived from a root uwl meaning "to twist" (as being rolled together), hence to be strong. This definition suggests that Elohim is both plural and singular: plural as signifying a multiplicity of beings; and singular as relating to a company of such united together as one.

As mentioned earlier we could look at all 2,470 instances of the word Elohim in its various contexts, ultimately it is related to El, might and power; but being plural (indicated by the additional im), it signifies "mighty ones". It is a word applied to the angels who are mighty ones, being strengthened by Yahweh to become such.

Therefore its use, in regard to the Lord, does not support Trinitarian teaching; for though Jesus was called "God" (John 20:28), so also was Moses (Exod. 7:1). The Lord himself went to pains to explain the significance of the term, pointing out the fact that the Old Testament Scriptures applied it to men (John 10:33-35).

Elohim is used:

It is used of men (Exod. 7:1; 15:11; 1 Sam. 28:13-14; Psa. 45:6-7; 82:1,6; 97:7,9; 136:2 — cp. John 10:33-35);

"judges" (Exod. 21:6; 22:8-9; 1 Sam. 2:25)

"gods" (Gen. 3:5; Exod. 32:8,23,31; Deut. 10:17)

"angels" (Psa. 8:5; cp. Judges 13:21-22) etc.

One can only conclude that the Angels taught the first pair in the Garden in total obedience to the command of God also administering their judgement and provision of hope in the garden.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Your understanding of John 1:1-3 is vastly different to mine. Jesus was the Word made Flesh and that Flesh like yours had a beginning and an ending.

But I notice, immediately, that you do not support your idea with scripture. My understanding of scripture is given to me by and during my daily dealings with the Holy Spirit and this is because of my daily Bible reading. And every time the Holy Spirit teaches me a doctrine, a truth or a fact, it is supported by the Scriptures.

Then, from a purely human perspective, and not a good platform to stand on in the matters dealing with God, the first rule of Hermeneutics is, ¨Never seek to understand any single or single group of scripture without the light of all other scripture shinning on it.¨ Your idea disagrees or is in conflict with much to much other scripture.

The only difference is he was conceived of the Holy Spirit and yes had a real mom like you and I.
Sir, or son, I know not which, you just stepped into the abyss every Atheist tries to lead you into. Jesus was not conceived! Mary, a Virgin, was overcome by the Holy Spirit of God and without the sex needed for conception, was made to be pregnant by Devine intervention.

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega -- he has a beginning and an end.
Alright, I´m going with son because you are at the very best, a Babe in Christ. So, son, look very carefully at the structure of the quote, without the address you just gave me! Jesus is God (John 5:18, 8:58, 20:28, Col. 2:9 and many others. (see the Nave´s Topical)) In the quote you used Jesus ¨IS.¨ Since Jesus is the beginning (not having a beginning) you have not only attempted to build a heresy on one passage (3 verses) of scripture but you are calling God a liar and that is blasphemy!

Your error is found in thinking that Jesus Christ is the actual Word of the Eternal God (Yahweh)...you fail to see that he “became” the Word made Flesh through suffering...and his sonship was on the basis of His Father giving him life.
Jesus did not pre-exist.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.(KJV)

So you can show me in these three verses? You see, when I said that I read the Holy Scriptures daily, I meant that I have read and reread the Bible enough times that I, long ago, lost count.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Typical unlearned Trinitarian response.

Its not your fault your mind has been filled with such ideas and concepts; they take possession of your thinking.

Its a shame the below verse wasnt from of mind!

"For there is ONE GOD and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus"

The Bible which you have read many times, in both Old and New Testaments, is very emphatic about the absolute oneness of God.

When asked which is the first commandment of all? Jesus answered (Mark 12:29)

"The first of all the commandments is; Hear, O Israel, THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD."

He was quoting from the words of Moses in Deut 6:4. This is the consistent story of the Bible. There is not a word about three gods in it from beginning to end. If you can produce a verse which states the word Trinity please by all means quote away. I am fearful your search will be in vain.

Again Greek mythology has given (you) "Christendom" today a degenerated belief system in four gods, three good ones and one evil one. Some parts of Christendom have five gods, as the Roman Catholic Church, which has added a "Mother of God" who is in their system of belief the supreme deity beside a host of demi-gods, one for every day of the year (and more), all of which mythical and man-invented deities are worshipped and prayed to.

Contrasting the teachings of Jesus with the many gods taught in churches today should be a warning to you Taylor.

Example:

"We worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the persons; nor dividing the substance. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost.

You speak zealously about producing verses to support no trinity and yet if I asked you to provide a verse of set of verse to support the above filth...could you?

Didn’t think so!

This is a tragic example of the natural mind of man working overtime, speculating upon things way too high for it to understand -- the simple testimony of Scripture is this simple.

God is one not three, four five six or seven...ONE!

The doctrine of the "Trinity" is nowhere found in the Bible.

However, should you wish to begin a thread on the council of Nice & teachings of Plato to discuss the Trinity, I would be more than willing to assist.

Let me know!

Insight

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Typical unlearned Trinitarian response.

Its not your fault your mind has been filled with such ideas and concepts; they take possession of your thinking.

Its a shame the below verse wasnt from of mind!

"For there is ONE GOD and one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus"

The Bible which you have read many times, in both Old and New Testaments, is very emphatic about the absolute oneness of God.

When asked which is the first commandment of all? Jesus answered (Mark 12:29)

"The first of all the commandments is; Hear, O Israel, THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD."

He was quoting from the words of Moses in Deut 6:4. This is the consistent story of the Bible. There is not a word about three gods in it from beginning to end. If you can produce a verse which states the word Trinity please by all means quote away. I am fearful your search will be in vain.

Again Greek mythology has given (you) "Christendom" today a degenerated belief system in four gods, three good ones and one evil one. Some parts of Christendom have five gods, as the Roman Catholic Church, which has added a "Mother of God" who is in their system of belief the supreme deity beside a host of demi-gods, one for every day of the year (and more), all of which mythical and man-invented deities are worshipped and prayed to.

Contrasting the teachings of Jesus with the many gods taught in churches today should be a warning to you Taylor.

Example:

"We worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the persons; nor dividing the substance. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost.

You speak zealously about producing verses to support no trinity and yet if I asked you to provide a verse of set of verse to support the above filth...could you?

Didn’t think so!

This is a tragic example of the natural mind of man working overtime, speculating upon things way too high for it to understand -- the simple testimony of Scripture is this simple.

God is one not three, four five six or seven...ONE!

The doctrine of the "Trinity" is nowhere found in the Bible.

However, should you wish to begin a thread on the council of Nice & teachings of Plato to discuss the Trinity, I would be more than willing to assist.

Let me know!

Insight

ALL of that... is the denying that God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth. And that qualifies you as an antichrist per John.

I Jn 2:22
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
(KJV)

I Jn 4:3
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
(KJV)

To proclaim Jesus as The Christ which John specifies, is to say Jesus of Nazareth is GOD. It's because Christ's Title of "Immanuel" per the Old Testament prophet of Isaiah declares The Christ as The Father and as The Almighty (Isa.9). The Title Immanuel means 'with us is God'.

To DENY that Jesus of Nazareth is The Christ, Immanuel (God with us), is to deny that Jesus is GOD, and also to make Jesus of Nazareth as no different than any other flesh man, and thus not truly able to be the Perfect Sacrifice for our sins.

The particular LIE that Jesus of Nazareth is not GOD, and by dwelling only on Jesus' flesh to try and disconnect Him from The Godhead is a teaching of false Jews who hate Christianity.

Cooter

Jun 14, 2011
N E Ohio
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God [1] gave him to show unto his [2] servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified [3] it by his angel unto his servant John; * 2 who bare witness of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, even of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written therein: for the time is at hand. (ASV)

Who wrote this?