Iran: Enough Uranium For A Bomb

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Iran stocks enough enriched uranium for first nuclear bombDEBKAfile Special ReportFebruary 20, 2009, 10:25 PM (GMT+02:00) Iran's heavy water reactor at Arak before covered by a domeThe White House expressed concern Friday, Feb. 20, about a new International Atomic Energy Agency report that said Iran recently understated how much uranium it had enriched. The nuclear watchdog reported Thursday, Feb. 19, that Iran had stocked more than one tonne of low enriched uranium hexafluoride at Natanz alone. If enriched, it could produce more than 20 kilos of fissile material – enough for a bomb. French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner spoke Friday of a new enrichment plant capable of housing thousands of centrifuges the Iranians had built at a secret site, confirming long-held suspicions of sites that the UN inspectors had not heard about.This week Dr Mohammed ElBaradei, the international nuclear agency's director said: "Iran right now is not providing any access, any clarification with regards to the whole area of the possible military dimension.They are not following what the Security Council asked us to do, that is 'please clarify this issue'."Officials in Washington commented: There is a steady timeline of improvement, especially in terms of mastering the efficiency of the centrifuges, meaning that Iran has been able to increase its output of enriched uranium." DEBKAfile reported on Nov. 28, 2008, that by February, Iran would be able to approach production of its first nuclear bomb after accumulating enough enriched uranium. The UN report also discloses that Iran had built a dome over its Arak heavy water reactor, preventing satellites from taking images of the facility,DEBKAfile's military sources report that the Arak plant is the core of a program for processing plutonium for military purposes. The dome was a major project, but according to our sources, useless since both American and Israeli satellites have instruments for penetrating the structure.All these developments mean that Iran has reached a “breakout capacity” – a stage that would allow it to produce enough fissile material for a bomb. This crosses a “red line” that for years Israel has said it would not accept.DEBKAfile adds: The Obama administration is working on its negotiating stance ahead of direct dialogue with Iran in June, while Israel is plunged in the hectic process of forming a coalition government after its Feb. 10 election. Our Washington sources add that President Barack Obama has not broached the issue of uranium enrichment which brought forth UN Security Council sanctions against Iran under his successor.

K

kiwimac

The NNP treaty allows sovereign nations to produce nuclear power plants and heavy water. As for the enriched Uranium, it will still take some considerable time for them to have a delivery vehicle (if they want such a thing.)Finally, given that both the US and Israel both have nukes, I cannot blame the Iranians for wanting some of their own.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well if you think its Ok to put nuclear bombs in the hands of a maniac I guess thats OK with you and I dont see the U.S. or Israel threatning to wipe another Nation off the map simply because they exist ... secondly they do have the means to deliver it As the news is reporting they launched a test missle a couple weeks ago that goes over 1000 miles. Last Iran is no friend to any Christian or Jewish nation if you read your Bible prophecy

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Christina @ Feb 20 2009, 11:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69570
Well if you think its Ok to put nuclear bombs in the hands of a maniac I guess thats OK with you and I dont see the U.S. or Israel threatning to wipe another Nation off the map simply because they exist ... secondly they do have the means to deliver it As the news is reporting they launched a test missle a couple weeks ago that goes over 1000 miles. Last Iran is no friend to any Christian or Jewish nation if you read your Bible prophecy
Amen!, I agree with Christina. Iran hates God. Anybody who supports God's enemies, whether they call themselves a Christian, Jew, or whatever is not of God in my book. Anybody who support Satan is someone I will never listen to.As for Scriptures, I'll say this.Malachi 1:1 - The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.Malachi 1:2 - I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,Malachi 1:3 - And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.Romans 9:13 - As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated....Genesis 32:28 - And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.Genesis 35:10 - And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

J

Jillian

Hi, I'm new here.In my opinion Iran is being run by a madman (who in their right mind would state the Holocaust never happened?!!)I think also that much of his own country do not agree or share his views on destroying Israel but I could be wrong.To allow such a country to own and use nuclear weapons or give them any assistance is a gross mistake and shouldbe dealt with before they are ready to use them. I heard that Israel had ask the US for assistance to bomb the bunkersin Iran before Bush went out of power but the US refused. Whatever the outcome it is satisfying to know that God is in control of it all and in the end it is all working out how Hesaid it would.

K

kiwimac

Iran has never said Israel should be wiped off the map. Moreover they only have low-grade uranium suitable for running a power station not suitable for bomb-making.

Jilli

Feb 23, 2009
Hello Kiwimac (from NZ?)Here is a bit of news from "Christians United for Israel" Last week a shocking milestone was reached. United Nations officials have acknowledged what some private experts have been saying for months -- that Iran now has enough enriched uranium for an atomic weapon. The only steps that remain in building an atom bomb -- purification and weaponization -- are neither beyond Iran's capabilities nor very time consuming.You may think that is OK but most informed people would think that such a weapon in the hands of a nation that is an enemy of Israel (and you cannot deny that!) is pretty bad news.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (TuiBird @ Feb 28 2009, 12:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70031
Hello Kiwimac (from NZ?)Here is a bit of news from "Christians United for Israel" Last week a shocking milestone was reached. United Nations officials have acknowledged what some private experts have been saying for months -- that Iran now has enough enriched uranium for an atomic weapon. The only steps that remain in building an atom bomb -- purification and weaponization -- are neither beyond Iran's capabilities nor very time consuming.You may think that is OK but most informed people would think that such a weapon in the hands of a nation that is an enemy of Israel (and you cannot deny that!) is pretty bad news.
I agree with you. Any real Christians knows that anybody that attacks against Israel is an enemy of God. Sheesh. It always sounds like Kiwimac is supporting that is against Israel. I don't support an enemy of God... to do so will lead your (saying it in general) soul in danger.

K

kiwimac

Except friends, that the uranium in question is LOW-GRADE specifically for Power Station use rather than weapons-grade. (partial quote follows) [Except from report dated 22 Feb 2009]QUOTE
' Iran has not converted the low-grade uranium that it has produced into weapon-grade uranium, inspectors belonging to the International Atomic Energy Agency have said.The Austrian Press Agency quoted an IAEA expert as saying that the uranium substances that Iran has produced at its Natanz enrichment facility have been carefully recorded and remote cameras have been installed to supervise part of the stockpile.“If the Iranians intend to transport these uranium substances to a secret location for further processing, agency’s inspectors will find out,” he said.The expert added that “so far, Iran has carried out good cooperation with us in relevant verifications”.
SourceAnd a failure to support Israel will not put my soul in jeopardy. Support of Israel is not a salvation issue.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (kiwimac @ Feb 24 2009, 07:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69839
Iran has never said Israel should be wiped off the map. Moreover they only have low-grade uranium suitable for running a power station not suitable for bomb-making.
Now that is just plain not true and if you think it is I suggest you educate yourself and study some of Ahmadinejadspeechs. It is in fact not only what he says but he insists upon it. Your statement is not based in facts.Heres a couple links you can start with ... To see who this crazy maniac that runs Iran really is .. This is not about just another country having rights its about giving a Hitler type a Nuclear bomb .... Even other arab states do not wnt them to have a bomb ... The fact you want to believe one wrong report issued 2 years ago by misinformed itelligemce agencies who have sense changed their story may make you feel safer..... but its not the facts ... and it certainly not what God says will happen ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejadhttp://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...adinejad+israel

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Iran has enough nuclear fuel to make bomb: U.S. Chairman of the U.S. joint chiefs of staff, Admiral Mullen, speaks during a news conferenc...Sun Mar 1, 10:15 AM EST The United States believes Iran has stockpiled enough nuclear fuel to make a bomb, U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen said on Sunday."We think they do, quite frankly," Mullen said on CNN's "State of the Union" program when asked whether Iran has enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon."And Iran having nuclear weapons, I've believed for a long time, is a very very bad outcome -- for the region and for the world," Mullen said.A watchdog report issued by the International Atomic Energy Agency two weeks ago said Iran had built up a stockpile of nuclear fuel, raising alarm among Western governments that Tehran might have understated by one third how much uranium it has enriched.The United States suspects Iran of trying to use its nuclear program to build an atomic bomb, but Tehran insists it is purely for the peaceful generation of electricity. Enriched uranium can be used to make nuclear weapons.U.S. President Barack Obama's administration, which favors diplomatic engagement with Tehran to defuse the dispute over its nuclear intentions, called Iran's nuclear program an "urgent problem" the international community must address.The IAEA report showed a significant increase in Iran's reported stockpile of low-enriched uranium (LEU) since November to 1,010 kg -- enough, some physicists say, for possible conversion into high-enriched uranium for one bomb.The IAEA later said Iran was cooperating well with U.N. nuclear inspectors to help ensure it does not again understate the amount of uranium it has enriched, suggesting the uranium accounting shortfall might not have been deliberate evasion.(Reporting by Anthony Boadle; Editing by Doina Chiacu)© 2009 Thomson Reuters.

Jilli

Feb 23, 2009
Kiwimac, You are right, failure to support Israel is not a salvation issue. Personally though I cannot see how you cannot support them when they are so dear to God and the complete centre of all His prophecies and plans in the past and still to come. We shall have to just wait and see what unfolds in the Middle East over the next few years (may be even less) and know that it is all in His hands.