Is “Easter” in the original Scriptures?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From the beginning of time man has given his very BEST to God.

Solomin’s Temple is described as having been more opulent and beautiful than ANY building we have today – complete with large statues, gold inlay, incense, etc..

Was God “disgusted” but this?? NO – He was pleased by it.
The Holy Spirit came down as fire from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
Do you know what’s missing in this justification...?
God’s command and sanction on the construction.
Jesus told his disciples that the Temple would be destroyed and it has never been rebuilt.....it never will be either because there is no longer a need for a Temple on earth. Christ offered his sacrifice once for all time so that no sacrifices are now necessary for the forgiveness of sins.

What Christendom has built in her grand cathedrals are monument to themselves.....God has never set foot in any of them.
There was no earthly priesthood to serve at any of these “temples”.....their priesthood was to be served in heaven, in the role of “kings and priests” and only a chosen few would have that privilege (Rev 20:6)......this is a priesthood that cannot be corrupted like the Jewish priesthood and those serving in Christendom’s temples with their grand attire and opulent surroundings. What use is another corrupt priesthood of self serving men?
The Didache is NOT Scripture.

However – it is an historical reflection on the First century Church and their practices.

Funny thing about people like YOU who demand Scripture verses for everything. You can never seem to prove the man-made made 16th century invention of Sola Scriptura. However, you reject what Scripture itself states about ORAL Tradition (2 Thess. 2:15)
Is history always an accurate portrayal of what actually happened? Look back at the white man’s history told through his own distorted lens.....it’s not the story told from the other side, is it? He whitewashes his wickedness and justifies his bloodshed.....the church has much blood on her hands. (Isa 1:15)

If Jesus and his apostles appealed to God’s word as their authority, can we guess why “the church” dumped them in favour of making their own rules? Someone replaced Jesus, who replaced God. God gave no such authority.
Power corrupts humans, which is why Jesus dismissed all authority (as power over others) in the Christian congregation.....(Matt 23:7-12) he replaced it with positions of oversight, with spiritually qualified men who had responsibilities, as well as accountability.....there was no power ever given to them....”all were brothers”. These taught only what Jesus taught them. They did not go outside of those boundaries....yet “the church” took many leaps, adopting all manner of beliefs and practices that had no place at all in God’s worship.

You are welcome to the devil’s counterfeit......I’ll pass thank you.

Reactions: TheHC

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which was on a cross according to God's Word.
No, sorry, that is not true....do some research on the origin of the cross.....there is no mention of a cross in the Bible.
Yes and in Numbers 21:8-9 the Lord had them look upon a serpent and they got healed

It is totally illogical to think that looking at a bronze image could heal anyone and the Lord used the cross for the same purpose. It's relevant to the Lord and it should be to us as well.
I always smile when this is brought up.....that bronze image, Moses was actually commanded by God to make, not the people. In later times when the Israelites made an idol of it, God had it destroyed.....

The cross is not a fit symbol for anything related to God.....it is of grubby pagan origin....and nothing in the Bible tells us what configuration this Roman “stauros” was. People have made an idol out of it.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses was actually commanded by God to make

Exactly, God said to use something that was evil, which is why the cross was used at calvary.

We have historical evidence that the romans at the time frame in which Jesus was on earth had perfected the art of crucifying people on a cross, so enjoy whatever reality that is you are living in.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exactly, God said to use something that was evil, which is why the cross was used at calvary.
That is an assumption on your part actually. The copper serpent was made to save the unfaithful Israelites from certain death, but when it became an idol, God had it destroyed. The cross has become an idol too.....
When God said “do not make an image of anything” I’m sure he meant it.
We have historical evidence that the romans at the time frame in which Jesus was on earth had perfected the art of crucifying people on a cross, so enjoy whatever reality that is you are living in.
Yes, but no one knows what configuration the Roman implement of torture was in Jesus’ case, because they had several methods, and one was not a cross at all as I have shown in the illustrations I posted.
Crucifixion was not necessarily on a cross.

Why glorify the instrument used to put Jesus to death...that is macabre.

My reality is scripturally and historically based.....not ‘churchianity’ based.
I need no idols to worship the true God.....he hates idolatry.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people have no problem with “Easter eggs”.....or with “Easter” at all.....and that in itself says a lot because we know the origin of these supposedly “Christian” celebrations and that goes against everything the Scriptures teach about fusing God’s truth with the devil’s counterfeit religions.

2 Cor 6:14-18...
“Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” 18 “‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.

If we want God to accept us as his “sons and daughters”...we better not be caught celebrating paganism dressed up as “Christianity”. It does not “Christianize” the paganism, but “paganizes” the Christianity. Pagan traditions introduced long ago, render worthless worship to a God who tolerates no compromise with the devil....there is to be “no sharing”.

If we are not to “touch” what is spiritually “unclean” to God, then who can we blame if he decides we are disobedient and rebellious children who are not worthy to be called his own? It’s not about what is acceptable to us.....it’s about what is acceptable to God.
All Christians should acknowledge and celebrate the Resurrection of Christ each year. But Easter eggs represent Tammuz, not Jesus Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Traditions have an origin…..a man-made origin. What did Jesus say about the adopted “traditions“ of the Pharisees? These claimed to worship the true God too….
Matt 15:7-9…
”You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”

Man made traditions, given a “Christian” facade, do not make them acceptable to God.…they made the worship of the Jews a “vain“ pursuit. “The commands of men” can never be true doctrines.

Where is that stated in the Bible? Easter and it’s “eggs” are not of Biblical origin at all….it comes from adopted pagan celebrations, along with all its traditions.
Red is the devil’s color….the wild beast is scarlet colored, and is ridden by the harlot in Revelation 17:3-6.
She sits astride this beast confidently believing that she will never suffer harm, but inexplicably, without warning, the beast turns on her and completely destroys her……this is the end of false religion forever.

View attachment 43797

…and also the colors “purple and scarlet” feature in his counterfeit religion…..

View attachment 43794 View attachment 43795 View attachment 43798
Where would we find Jesus or his apostles dressed like this? And in the presence of idols?
This is man made religion….the priesthood of Christ was not to be served on earth…it is served in heaven.
Those chosen for the heavenly priesthood knew that there was never going to be another earthly temple and that they would serve redeemed mankind from heaven. What Jesus left us were humble shepherds….never anything like this.

Indeed….some homework is needed to counteract the falsehood being promoted by an apostate church trying to cover up her pagan traditions by giving them a “Christian“ label.
God is not fooled for a moment.
This Pope has recently declared that homosexual marriages will from now on be recognized by the Catholic Church. Don't know if that means they will be officiating them as well.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All Christians should acknowledge and celebrate the Resurrection of Christ each year. But Easter eggs represent Tammuz, not Jesus Christ.
It was truly a wonderful miracle.....but there is no command to celebrate it.....it is Christ's death that paid the redemption price set by God's law....that is what he asked us to remember.

This Pope has recently declared that homosexual marriages will from now on be recognized by the Catholic Church. Don't know if that means they will be officiating them as well.
Just one more step away from Christ's teachings.....there are almost too many to count already.

From the Bible's point of view, those who support or even silently approve of the ones doing things that God condemns, will be counted in with them.
This is what the Revelation says about "Babylon the great"....the devil's world empire of false religion....those who teach that there is more than one god, or that God can exist in three forms......that there is an immortal soul that does not die, leaving the body at death......and that there is a hell of eternal fiery torment where God tortures the wicked.....all false religions teach these things in one form or another...the Bible does not.

God's command is to.... Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind."

God's "people" must not delay in removing themselves from false worship, no matter what form it takes. Just passively sitting there whilst not removing yourself is tantamount to approving of what she is doing......leading people away from the true God by inventing false ones, and currying favor with the world. (James 4:4)

Christendom's god cannot be found in the Bible.....therefore they do not know the true God.

John 17:3..."This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ."
Knowing "the only true God" and "the one he sent", for who they truly are, is a salvation issue.

Last edited: