Is Anyone Speaking Substance?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In review of my time and effort in life to sort through the endless mass of Christian culture, media, history, theology, popularized notions, individual witnesses, details of faith in God, doctrines, academics, phenomenology, fringe groups, Christian venues, and theorized world views, certainly while constantly endeavoring to use prayer and Scripture for reference, I am astounded with how there is now not much to conclude upon.

Within Christendom there has been and now is at hand nothing more than continued speculative talk with no commensurate action, white knuckled canned answers, lifeless academic publications, spurious mania, failed contemporary prophecies, no spiritual leadership upon world events, ineffectual calls for unity, unsettled debate upon all Scriptural issues, and every form of End Time narrative.

The only facts I now am sure about are the Incarnate Divinity of Jesus Christ, His Blood Propitiation for All Sins of those who accept Him, His Resurrection Lordship upon all Creation, and the Hope of Life in Glory with Him.

I have resigned to swimming in Earthly spiritual flotsam until His Appearance, and doing what I can to minister to lost souls. This to be done upon daily prayer, meditation, and reading.

Blessings.

Oh by the way, the Church in Iran and other Muslim nations is massively erupting.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In review of my time and effort in life to sort through the endless mass of Christian culture, media, history, theology, popularized notions, individual witnesses, details of faith in God, doctrines, academics, phenomenology, fringe groups, Christian venues, and theorized world views, certainly while constantly endeavoring to use prayer and Scripture for reference, I am astounded with how there is now not much to conclude upon.

Within Christendom there has been and now is at hand nothing more than continued speculative talk with no commensurate action, white knuckled canned answers, lifeless academic publications, spurious mania, failed contemporary prophecies, no spiritual leadership upon world events, ineffectual calls for unity, unsettled debate upon all Scriptural issues, and every form of End Time narrative.

The only facts I now am sure about are the Incarnate Divinity of Jesus Christ, His Blood Propitiation for All Sins of those who accept Him, His Resurrection Lordship upon all Creation, and the Hope of Life in Glory with Him.

I have resigned to swimming in Earthly spiritual flotsam until His Appearance, and doing what I can to minister to lost souls. This to be done upon daily prayer, meditation, and reading.

Blessings.

Oh by the way, the Church in Iran and other Muslim nations is massively erupting.
The ability to love the unlovely......who is it that knows this treasure?
Herein are the children of God determined! ....all else qualifies as smoke screens and self deception.

Reactions: Nancy

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ability to love the unlovely......who is it that knows this treasure?
Herein are the children of God determined! ....all else qualifies as smoke screens and self deception.
Tell us how you personally love the unlovely. Share.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tell us how you personally love the unlovely. Share.
It's not really something that can be conveyed in words Jacob but here's a weak attempt.... To be God's balm to and with all I come in contact with on a daily basis knowing that God's balm to me is unspeakably great (compassionate, understanding, long suffering, gentle, self sacrificing)

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Substance is understood by the wise....others are at a loss as to what to do with it.....some mock it, others will malign and yet others exploit thinking to make capital as did Judas of God's wisdom but in doing so they bare their shame to the watching Universe.

The wisdom of God is revealed in giving his life.....did you hear that? ......Yeah, we killed him because he gave his life!