Is Christianity is the world's largest religion ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
:bible:This is a fantastic site found on the net have a look: Is Christianity is the world's largest religion ?

Unfortunately, it is a small percentage. Very small. Catholics are not Christian but hold a big block in secular thinking as do Mormons.... I don't think cult religions should be counted 'christian' by Christians. What the world counts, we cannot control. But as Christians we need to remain true to real Christianity.

write2witness

Nov 30, 2009
Michigan
I don't think cult religions should be counted 'christian' by Christians. What the world counts, we cannot control. But as Christians we need to remain true to real Christianity.

And a hearty "AMEN!" to that :)

Biblical View on Other Religions

So what does the Bible have to say about other religions? It teaches that there is a spiritual war going on and the intention of Satan and his host of demonic spirits is to divert us from the truth. The apostle John wrote that "the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one (1 John 5:19 NKJV)", and the apostle Paul warned us, "Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons..." (1 Timothy 4:1, NKJV). From the beginning Satan has been deceiving humanity. In the garden he convinced Eve that "ye shall be as gods". Don't you find it interesting that to be divine "as God" is a common thread among many religions, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormonism, and even false Christianity teachings by Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn and others? The Bible also teaches that Satan and his servants will masquerade as ministers of righteousness (2 Corinthians 11:13-14). Satan's hoisting of false religions has been a very effective lie since it mixes in some truth. A lie mixed in with truth is much like rat poison, which contains 99% good food and 1% poison - its that 1% of poison (or lie) that will kill you!

- source: http://www.bibleevidences.com/other_rlgns.htm

joda777

Jul 27, 2010
Islam and Budhism are the largest religions on earth.

Christianity features way further down the line with Catholics being the largest section of Christendom. These are the end times people and the Bible does warn us that people will fall away. It's up to us to do all we can to keep peopls crafted into Jesus Christ

http://www.christianpowerpages.co.za

RubberDuckey

Mar 2, 2011
:bible:This is a fantastic site found on the net have a look:Is Christianity is the world's largest religion ?

I heard from a source that 200,000 people in the world are turning to Jesus everyday. Most of them are in China. I can't find that source again. Even if that isn't true think about how many people know what Christianity is [font="arial][size="2"]Mark 16:15?[/size][/font] If everyone knows who Jesus is and are choosing on their own to reject or accept Jesus, then we did our job.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I heard from a source that 200,000 people in the world are turning to Jesus everyday. Most of them are in China. I can't find that source again. Even if that isn't true think about how many people know what Christianity is [font="arial][size="2"]Mark 16:15?[/size][/font] If everyone knows who Jesus is and are choosing on their own to reject or accept Jesus, then we did our job.

BINGO

Statistics about the church in China are universally flawed because it has been underground for years. I think it's a good bet that only the Lord knows.

Groups that maintain records about church attendance say that its down, way down. Mission groups now acknowledge that Europe is so pagan it's no longer Christian. Even the pope has made reference to it.

Ducky's final word, though hits the nail on the head. The church, though withering, has done it's job. The world has heard of Jesus and the gospel.

We now find ourselves waiting for the next act in the great opera of history.

RubberDuckey

Mar 2, 2011
BINGO

Statistics about the church in China are universally flawed because it has been underground for years. I think it's a good bet that only the Lord knows.

Groups that maintain records about church attendance say that its down, way down. Mission groups now acknowledge that Europe is so pagan it's no longer Christian. Even the pope has made reference to it.

Ducky's final word, though hits the nail on the head. The church, though withering, has done it's job. The world has heard of Jesus and the gospel.

We now find ourselves waiting for the next act in the great opera of history.

That's the thing. People think in terms of how many people are saved. Even I looked at it that way until I realized it's not our job to force them to change (Islam faith takes care of that).

joshhuntnm

Jul 1, 2012
The challenge in answering the question is knowing who to count. Lot of people say they are Christians and are not. Lot of people who are on church rolls that don't love Jesus.

Watchwithme

Jul 20, 2012
:bible:This is a fantastic site found on the net have a look:Is Christianity is the world's largest religion ?

Is this really how one gets saved? And why the star in the circle logo on the site:

[background=rgb(33, 69, 82)]4. If you want to accept Christ, you can ask Him to be your Savior and Lord by praying a prayer like this: [/background]​

[background=rgb(33, 69, 82)]"Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always."[/background]​

[background=rgb(33, 69, 82)]Did you pray this prayer?[/background]​

symbol19.jpg
PENTACLE or PENTAGRAM (FIVE-POINTED STAR pointing up): A standard symbol for witches, freemasons, and many other pagan or occult groups. To witches, it represent the four basic elements (wind, water, earth and fire) plus a pantheistic spiritual being such as Gaia or Mother Earth. The pentagram is also "used for protection. to banish energy, or to bring it to you, depending on how it's drawn,"

The Pentagram is a symbol of a star encased in a circle. Always with 5 points (one pointing upward), each has its own meaning. The upward point of the star is representative of the spirit. The other four points all represent an element; earth, air, fire, and water. All these things contibutite to life and are a part of each of us.​
To wear a pentagram necklace or other form of jewelry, is to say you feel the connection with the elements and respect the earth.​

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess Jesus got it wrong when He said His followers are a little flock! ;)

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
The bible Gods word and Gods sacraments are the marks of the christian church ..

where ever thy are The holy spirit is at work making christians and sustaining christians ..

you and i justify men by what we see.. God is so much greater than us !!============== be cause he justifys the unGodly.. he justifys me and you by what he has done !

Romans 4:5
However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

1 Timothy 1:14-16
14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
Someday, if you find yourself alive in Gods new system, you just might get upset to find many people who you had marked off as dead. Those who did not even do 1% of what you did. “You may be heard to say, “Hay, wait a minute. I served everyday for fifty years, and this bum didn’t do anything…it’s not fair.”
Do you remember the story about the worker who got to the field late in the day, and was paid the same wage as those who worked all day?

Many say they are Christian, and believe it. Some even go into the Army...Christian means, a follower of Christ. Would Jesus go into the Army? Would Jesus do many of the things Christians do? Jesus said, "Be in the world, but not a part of it." The fool has figure a way around that..."Jesus said, when you sin, just ask God to forgive you, and he will." yeah, being a Christian is easy.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am a Christian and i am a Roman Catholic

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
aspen2 said:
i am a Christian and i am a Roman Catholic
I have to agree with this, and express my dismay that people think the terms catholic and christian are mutually exclusive. There are many, many godly catholics. At least that's my opinion. It is also my opinion that, proportionally speaking, there are as many non-catholic christians who are deceived about something, as there are catholics who are deceived about things.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Samuel Pickens said:
Unfortunately, it is a small percentage. Very small. Catholics are not Christian but hold a big block in secular thinking as do Mormons.... I don't think cult religions should be counted 'christian' by Christians. What the world counts, we cannot control. But as Christians we need to remain true to real Christianity.

So your church came out of a cult?

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
The pentacle was used by early Christians to symbolise the five wounds of Yeshua.

So these symbols really don't have a fixed value.

Whatever you place faith into, that you'll have.

That's the true measure of anything.