is everyone who says they are born again, born again

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken from another thread

@amadeus said Are there any who believe they are born again who are not?

My answer

No I do not believe so. I am sure Judas thought he was born again.

Just because someone claims to be born again does not make it so. I know many who think so yet they continue in sin. They have no change. They have not shows that they have been born again, in fact, John says because they live in sin, they have never met God.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would say yes there are many. The reason being that Catholics are told they are born again at their infant baptisms. A very wrong teaching which leaves them vulnerable, thinking they are saved when they are not.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My answer

Just because someone claims to be born again does not make it so. I know many who think so yet they continue in sin. They have no change. They have not shows that they have been born again, in fact, John says because they live in sin, they have never met God.
Everyone sins in my opinion. I believe that we must repent often. That does not mean we are not born again.

In fact we are taught that the body cannot even inherit the kingdom of God:

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say yes there are many. The reason being that Catholics are told they are born again at their infant baptisms. A very wrong teaching which leaves them vulnerable, thinking they are saved when they are not.
Yes AMEN.

Many think they are born again, but based on what they did not what Christ did

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone sins in my opinion. I believe that we must repent often. That does not mean we are not born again.

In fact we are taught that the body cannot even inherit the kingdom of God:

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—
Amen

we are even told to confess our sins to each other. I think this is important in a discipleship setting. We were never meant to be couch christians or try to do it on our own. Jesus sent even his disciples in two es.. We need each other. And a helper.. Satan wants to take our hope away from us.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

we are even told to confess our sins to each other. I think this is important in a discipleship setting. We were never meant to be couch christians or try to do it on our own. Jesus sent even his disciples in two es.. We need each other. And a helper.. Satan wants to take our hope away from us.
I know the two great commandments are to love God and love our brothers and sisters. And if we fail, which I do often, then we must repent and try to follow the Holy Ghost better next time.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen

I’ve been struggling with a situation for nearly 4 years now, I took my focus off of God and focused on self, I poured my heart out to him this morning, I had words with a sister=in Christ at church, told her not to force me to come to church, long story short, I ended up going to church today, I was so blessed with the teaching, God really spoke to me through the minister, it was all about the wilderness, the enemy didn’t want me to receive God’s word, God had other plans, Praise God, he is good all of the time.....had a lovely meal at end of service, with my brothers and sisters in Christ...

The OP....I have no idea who is Born Again..only God knows that...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Corinthians 13:5 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? —unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Reactions: amadeus

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is everyone who says they are born again, born again

Absolutely not. Humans have a tremendous capacity for self-deception. That's why we need God's word as a yardstick to keep us on course.

"For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." 2 Corinthians 10:12

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should continually thank God that He is a merciful God who is always fair and just.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2th 2:10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2th 2:11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the two great commandments are to love God and love our brothers and sisters. And if we fail, which I do often, then we must repent and try to follow the Holy Ghost better next time.
Yes, And confess. If we keep it to ourselves and try to hide it. We will not find healing

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, And confess. If we keep it to ourselves and try to hide it. We will not find healing
Hmmm. Well I have my own beliefs about that. If you trespass against someone you should repent and tell them your sorry. If you trespass against God then you tell him your sorry. I don't know that you have to confess to a priest or anyone that is not involved. The twelve step program spells out a rule for making amends to someone. You should not do it if that means it will harm yourself or another person.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm. Well I have my own beliefs about that. If you trespass against someone you should repent and tell them you’re sorry. If you trespass against God then you tell him you’re sorry. I don't know that you have to confess to a priest or anyone that is not involved. The twelve step program spells out a rule for making amends to someone. You should not do it if that means it will harm yourself or another person.
The word says confess our sins to each other.

I just go by what the word says

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word says confess our sins to each other.

I just go by what the word says
I can think of two specific scriptures that cover sins and faults.

Luke 17:3-4 “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying 'I repent,' you must forgive them.”

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Well I am schizophrenic, and God has not healed my faults yet. He did instruct me to see a doctor who then put me on meds. Hmmm, well perhaps there is more to the fault area than the scriptures spell out. Like meds for mental illness to not snap at people more easily.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can think of two specific scriptures that cover sins and faults.

Luke 17:3-4 “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying 'I repent,' you must forgive them.”

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Well I am schizophrenic, and God has not healed my faults yet. He did instruct me to see a doctor who then put me on meds. Hmmm, well perhaps there is more to the fault area than the scriptures spell out. Like meds for mental illness to not snap at people more easily.
James is what I am discussing,

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

:Bestest:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My answer

Everyone sins every day. Doesn’t matter who you are.

As for declaring “you are saved”— that’s ultimately Christ’s job, not your or mine. I take someone at their word, though some people’s fruits do cause me to be skeptical about their claims. Christ, whom knows all, will say authoritively who is the wheat and tares.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
Only a Born Again will enter into the Kingdom of God...how do we do the will of the Father Without the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us, the only way is through the rebirth/ regenerated / Born of God....not Born of anything that man did.

His will is being done on Earth as it is in Heaven...He accomplish his will through his Spirit.....and NOTHING can thwart the will of God.

Reactions: Nancy