Is Faith Important For Victory??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Is Faith important for Victory
Is what we believe important to survival?​

By: Brother Mike

Dear Brothers and Sisters, Is faith important to survival, and what is faith. Now, asking what faith is, will give many responses, but in essence, it is the ability to believe God. Every Child of God has faith, there is no such thing as non-faith Churches (Unless they don't believe on Jesus), or Christians that have no faith. You notice that Jesus used the term "Oh ye of Little Faith." In other words, Jesus knew Faith was there, but not in the amount he wanted.

There is no such thing as a believer in Jesus not having faith. It takes faith to believe Jesus went to the cross for us, and somehow Washed our sins away in his precious blood. Not every person on the planet thinks this way, and why? They don't believe it. So, there is something about us, that makes us different, we are willing to believe something if we see it in the scripture. We don't need tons of scientific evidence such as Thomas wanting to see the holes in our Lords hands. There is something God put in us that allows us to believe what our Father in Heaven said. Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. (Heb 12:2)

There are times when believers wish they had more faith, but let me tell you. You have got faith, if you can believe that somehow your spirit was born again, and that somehow all your sin has been washed away, and have eternal life with God, then you have got plenty of faith. What about those times though when we need things, when we need healing, when we need something in our life to change?? Does faith play an important role with God to move on our behalf?

Faith starts where the will of God is known. You can't believe to be born again if you don't believe God wants you. Jesus said it is who soever will believe on him, and we are saved though grace by faith. Faith believes God wants them, and that Jesus saves them. There is no question to God's will concerning salvation (Born again).

How many times have you heard a pastor baptize someone and say this.............
"Lord, we commit this soul to you in the name of the father, son and Holy Ghost, (Name of Jesus for some) that they receive eternal life, and cleansing from all sin, if it be your will God, if it is not your will God, please give them comfort as they roast in hell."

I have yet to hear that, and why? Because that Pastor is convinced of the Lord's will concerning Salvation. That Pastor steps out in faith, and Bam!!! the greatest miracle that can occurs, happens. There is no doubt, no asking the Lords will about it.

What about other things though. Is that all there is to stepping out in that kind of faith? does what we believe effect other things in our life? Many would say no, but what did the Head of the Church say? I am talking about Jesus, our Lord.

Mar 9:17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
Mar 9:18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.

The best men of God on the planet could not cast this evil spirit of of this boy. We are talking about men personally trained by Jesus, and there was no greater teacher.
The disciples tried to cast out this spirit, and they must have had great success in other cases. This case however, they could not.

Now they tried to get this boy healed and delivered, and failed. We are not just talking about normal men, we are talking about Peter, and John. Men, personally trained by Jesus.
Now, a lot of people at this point would have written a book about it's not always God's will to deliver and heal. Many have, and why? Because they prayed and prayed, and thought they were believing and thought they knew enough, and if Healing did not come, or a situation did not change, then it possible could not be their fault. So, they write a book and how it's not always God's will to heal or deliver. Just like the disciples, people do have success in prayer, but come into a place where Prayer did not work, and people did not get healed. So, it has to be on God's end.

People don't like to fess up that they may need to learn more, or build on their faith. People don't like to hear that they have to change something, after all, they already got it figured out, what more could they possibly learn. It's a whole lot easier to just say God did not want to help this time around.

Now it is interesting in what the father said..............

Mar 9:22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.

This man questions two things....... The Lords ability, after all those he trained could do nothing, and the Lords will to do so, or his compassion to help.

People today in 2011 are asking the same things. What could the Lord do, and will the Lord do it for me. For the most part, Christians believe God can do anything, move whole oceans if he wants, but they are not so sure God will do anything for them. They often go into some theory that God is Mysterious, and you just never know what God is going to do, mode.

Could it be, that we just need to believe something? Could it be us, and not God? Jesus was the will of God on Earth, we have scriptures that tell us God is not a respecter of persons (He does not do for one, that he will not do for you.) and we are told he never changes (Despite what some think by throwing in a bunch of made up dispensations.)

What did Jesus say to this man? Is what Jesus saying important?

Mar 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Jesus in many places in scripture put a great importance in what someone was able to believe about him. Jesus put this mans son deliverance back onto the man. It was going to be according to what this man was willing to believe about Jesus. Can Jesus deliver this son, and does Jesus have the compassion to do so, or wills to do so.

This man did a very smart thing.................

Mar 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

This man recognized that he did not fully believe, and was in tears over his son and the whole situation. He was asking the Author and finisher of our faith for help. He was saying, I want to believe you want to help me, I want to believe you can. I do believe, help me with my part that does not believe.

This mans son was then delivered........................ Glory to God.

Back at Headquarters:

Now the disciples were not working on a book about God not always wanting to heal and deliver. NO, they were doing the right thing. They asked questions.........

Mar 9:28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
Mar 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Now some faith circles think Jesus was saying that certain demons only can be cast out by Prayer and Fasting. That is not what Jesus was saying. All demons are subject to the name of Jesus spoken in faith. (Acts 3:16) Jesus was saying that spending time with God, in his word, and prayer builds the faith you have. (Jud 1:20) In other words, they missed it on the faith meter.

This is Matthew's account:

Mat 17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief:.............................

So, before we just pass off sickness as God's will, or horrible situations that may be God's will to build some character. Ask yourself. Are you better than the disciples? Could it be that it is God's will to heal and deliver you, you just need to get some more Word, and build your ability to believe that God will, and God can deliver you.

Victory is yours!!!! as our Lord Jesus said, all things are possible if you will just believe!!!! ALL THINGS.

Jesus Is Lord

Reactions: gregg

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Thank you Brother Mike for sharing this bit on faith. Faith is the biggest thing lacking among many believers. They believe just like you said that God can do many amazing things, but when it comes to the issue of what God can do for you we make excuses and just assume that we are not important enough or something for God to help us through our struggles. It's important to remember that God has no favorites...He didn't love Paul more than any of us. God doesn't use many of His people because they can't be trusted and are not ready to carry the burden. God is looking for men and women of prayer...people who are willing to give up everything in their lives for the greater good...HIM.

I am not saying that I have mastered this area of my life. I struggle often times in just trusting God to do what He promised. We all need help in this area. Oh how we should pray for one another, that we might have stronger faith!

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Thank you for blessing me Brother. It's not getting props, but someone that will read and listen to what we say, and it blesses them and helps them. That is what blesses me.

James Quoted:

He didn't love Paul more than any of us.

Only God could reveal this to you. Most the Christian world thinks Paul had some special powers from God, and Paul was more favored by God. That is why the "Acts of the Apostles have been done away with." It goes deeper than this........Check it out.

Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

God loves us, just as much as he loved Jesus!!!!! Now try again telling me God picks and chooses who gets healed!!!!!! What are you believing?? If only God's people would just stop and pay attention. Victory over all things is theirs. It's this perfect love for us that cast out all fear. What is there now to be afraid of???

God doesn't use many of His people because they can't be trusted and are not ready to carry the burden.

I got much to say about this........... With any ministry there has to be spiritual power. Without the power of God, it's a dead ministry.

Now, there is a physical side of faithfulness, and being trusted, and there is a Spiritual side of being faithful and being trusted.
I will talk of the Spiritual side.

The Holy Spirit is Power on High. (Luke 24:49) We are not talking Energizer bunny power here. We are talking Planet, creating star planting, universe making Power. Resurrection power, the Power that raised Jesus from the dead.

Paul prayed as you suggested we do Brother James That we get a grasp and understanding of this power.

Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead,

Anything near this resurrection power can not stay dead or broken. Sickness must flee, needs must be meet, Nothing missing and nothing broken in our lives. This power brings things that have died in our life, things we have let go, things that have been destroyed, back to life.

Peter was full of this Resurrection Power. So much so, that people lined up so his shadow would pass over them. (Acts 5:15)

Jesus was full of this anointing. Jesus said the works he did, we shall do also, and greater works than these shall we do.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Where are these works in most of our Church today????? Why was Jesus so full of power that everything he said happened?

Mar 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

There is another God's will to heal scripture right there. Jesus walked in this, and when Jesus spoke, things happened and changed. Now I could just say like the rest of the bunch. "He was Jesus, and Jesus can do anything. He is Jesus after all."

NO, he told us we would do the works he does...................... We are missing something. We just can't keep learning and deny the Power of God. (1 Ti 3:5)

Jesus only spoke what he heard his father say. That means no doubt and unbelief ever came out of his mouth. Even When Lazarus died, Jesus just confessed "he is asleep" Jesus would not confess his death................ (John 11:11)

You have what you say!!! You have what you say!!!!

Jesus could be trusted with his Words, so the power was turned up!!! (1 Pet 2:22)

Gal 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
Gal 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

You can't trust Children with Resurrection Power. You don't give a chainsaw to a 4 year old and ask them to cut trees.

Jesus said you have what you say, just think if the anointing was turned all the way up for most of the Christians today. People write volumes of Books on why God says no to prayer, and Healing is not for everyone today. They ought to write a book about what is coming out of their mouth.

"The doctor said I might not make it, So I will die if the Lord does not heal me."
"I almost died laughing."
"I am so broke, I can't pay attention."
"The Lord is using this sickness for his glory, and to build my character."
"I always get puffy eyes and running nose during Hay fever season. I ALWAYS do."
"It may not be God's will to Heal me. he is Sovereign, and knows best, you just never know what God is going to do."

You can't trust that power to a mouth, that is full of unbelief, and garbage. That person speaks as a child, not a son of God.

People that want their prayers to come to pass quickly, need to check up on what they are saying, and check that love walk. You may want your bills paid, but stop telling everyone your broke!!!!! Does God supply your needs or not???

Someone that says God gets glory for them being sick, will never be used to heal anyone. People think healing is learning how to deal with being sick.......... just garbage.

Story:

I was teaching on "You have what you say" several years ago, and a young man was having issues with things in life. Several weeks latter he came to me, and and said. "Brother Mike, I have been speaking nothing but the word over my situation, but nothing is changing, What am I doing wrong." I told him I did not know, but would pray about it. A few days latter I saw this man joking with his friends and he was laughing. He was saying, "you are killing me dog, the is some funny stuff, just killing me."

The Lord spoke to me. (not a voice, but inside) He said, tell that man the power is on or off, because of my mercy, I don't allow my Children to walk in the fullness of my power.

That really stunned. me. If that man had the power of Jesus, he would have died on the spot. We really don't want that power all the way up, if we are not ready for it. Look at Ananias and Sapphira. (Acts 5:1-) No wonder our prayers are not as powerful as they should be.

I went and told the man that Having what you say as I taught, is all the time, not just prayer time, and I told him to put a check on the words of his mouth. Then what he is confessing will come to pass. It was a really horrible family situation he wanted God to fix.

I guess he did just that, every time he caught himself speaking something he did not want, he repented. Several weeks latter he came to us with a praise report, everything got fixed. God is not able to get involved if we won't agree with his word. (Amo 3:3)

You notice that Paul said it is those who "Believe" according to the working of that mighty power??

You notice that Jesus said. the works he does we shall do, but for only those that believe?

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe;

Like you said James......................... We do need to Pray...........God won't bother you with victory, if your not willing to believe, and make fun of those that do.

Jesus Is Lord

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Amen. I agree with much of what you said. But I do want to set a fine line with one point you made.
"The doctor said I might not make it, So I will die if the Lord does not heal me."
"I almost died laughing."
"I am so broke, I can't pay attention."
"The Lord is using this sickness for his glory, and to build my character."
"I always get puffy eyes and running nose during Hay fever season. I ALWAYS do."
"It may not be God's will to Heal me. he is Sovereign, and knows best, you just never know what God is going to do."
God is always out for our best interest. One of His main concerns regarding us is that we bring forth much fruit and that we grow in holiness and over time we become more and more conformed to the image of Christ. God is not going to give us financial success and fix all of our health problems. I am not saying He won't do that for He can...what I am saying is that we are all different and we all respond to situations differently. God is not going to answer a persons prayer for financial success when He knows that it won't help that person be like Christ. He is going to do whatever it takes to get us to grow...that might mean that we never get that job we always wanted or that we have some health problem that God won't cure...

Again, I am not saying He won't...the main reason it doesn't happen more often is due to a lack of faith...but sometimes God truly won't answer our prayers because He wants to give us something much much greater...Christ likeness.
Like I mentioned to you already, we need to be mature if we want God to use us more and more. I myself am not mature...but I desire to be and I desire to know Him in a greater way than I do now. That desire will be the driving force to discipline myself for the purpose of godliness.
We all need prayer.
Actually, I think it would do this forum much good if we started some sort of prayer group where we can pray for each other and build each other up. Maybe even find things to pray for...lots of horrible things that need much prayer...

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
My Brother James Wrote:

God is not going to answer a persons prayer for financial success when He knows that it won't help that person be like Christ. He is going to do whatever it takes to get us to grow...that might mean that we never get that job we always wanted or that we have some health problem that God won't cure...

Thank you my Brother James!!!!!

Well, we have reached that line, and it would take pages and pages of type to get you to see where I am coming from. So, Brother if you would just consider this. It would Truly bless me. Just a small word study is all, if you have time. That is where I started, because I believed just like you did. I was raised Presbyterian. Years latter I ended up in Prison, not serving God, or even really served God. I was in a mess, and when the flesh is hurting the smart ones turn to God. If pain and suffering made anyone closer to God, then bless God the whole would would be saved. However, I choose Jesus, some in Prison went to pagan, some to Muslim. There where many different religions in Prison. Most not so good.

I knew zero scripture, well maybe John 3:16. At the time I knew nothing about Hermeneutics or dispensations (God changes his mind constantly) of time. In desperation of wanting God to help me, (Facing 90 years) I told God that if I see it in his Word, I would never question it again, and believe it. I was just trying to show God I was "Now" serious about him, and I have kept my word to him to this day. If I see it, I believe it, and that settles it. Long story, but God intervened and I ended up with 2 years. I was convinced at this point God was at my side.

While in Prison I prayed to find other Christian brothers. I knew nothing about faith, but God answered and I ended up in a prison wing they called the Christian wing. By now I had read my bible at least once through (understood some of it also) and was invited to our large prayer circles. There were lots of Christian brothers who prayed every night in a large circle. I'll tell you, it was nothing like I heard growing up in church. One man had cancer, and they acted like it was no big deal, they laid hands on this man and told that cancer to go away in the name of Jesus. I figured if God wanted to heal him, then God would. It was very strange.

That man had to go to the Doctor and get tested constantly, I figured he would be dead soon, because that is what the doctor's said, I was shocked to hear what he said for a testimony a few prayer circles latter. They could not find any cancer. He said that God is always faithful, and Cancer could never take him out. despite his pain, with cancer, this is the way he talked. He said I am the healed, not the sick. At the time I did not understand he was in agreement with God about cancer, it sounded more like denial to me.

So, after he was healed, and I saw other healed of stuff, it was time to start asking questions. They showed me scripture after scripture about God's will to heal. I did tell God if I saw it in his Word, I would believe it, and this went against my denominational belief, but I had to keep my word. God is the healer.

That is where I was at Brother James, So I ask you to look up some things and answer the questions.

Those some health problems God won't Cure............................................

What is sickness? God said it was a curse for disobedience. God said every sickness not mentioned will also come. That covers everything known and unknown to man. It is the curse of the law, or breaking God's Word.

Deu 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

Deu 28:61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

If Jesus took our punishment that we deserved for breaking the word of God, and made us free from the curse part of the law, then would God's will not be for us to be healed? Why would God want us to have something that was originally meant as punishment for breaking his Law? God also said that sickness was meant to destroy us, not teach us anything. (Until though be destroyed)

So, the question is. Why would God then decide not to heal us and where are the scriptures for this statement.??

Jesus healed all that came to him. (Matt 4:23) (Matt 9:35) (Acts 10:38) Jesus said I only do the will of my Father. (John 5:30)

Was Jesus out of God's will healing everyone that came to him?

If Jesus is the Head of the Church, and is still building his Church. At want point did he change his mind about healing all??

My message was about the importance of what we believe. Just because it's the will of God for something, does not mean we cooperate with him. He may tell us to go preach in Alaska, and we decide the warm beaches of Florida would be better. We would be off the Path, and not running the race before us. What we believe and act on is important, the whole point of my message.
Sooooooooooooo...................

We know little children die, even those of good Christian parents. I know, I have experienced this, and have consoled those that have lost Children. You just can't tell them they lacked faith, because they won't revive that, and it's not walking in love. However.....

While Jesus was with a child. He said it was not the will of God, one of these Children should perish.

Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

Mat 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Was that just a spiritual perish? Or, could it mean both, spiritual and physical. Remember he healed all that were sick. ?

I contend that God wants us healed and delivered. I also contend that God wants us to know Jesus as Lord and savior. I fully believe that once Jesus is our Lord, we become citizens of Heaven, and are no longer of this World. Home is with God now.
We use the Word Salvation, as being born again.

What would someone that heard the Word Salvation in those days of the bible understand the word to mean if they experienced healing from the Apostles and saw all the Healing deliverance of God, which was very prevalent in the book of Acts.?

Salvation:
sōtēria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

Brother James, I ask you these things, because I want you to affirm what you believe. I had to do the same thing. If I teach on something it better be scriptures, and not some belief system I picked up somewhere. I can't teach on experiences of people that did not make it, or people that made it. I have to teach in line with what is written.

Prayer:

We are told that we can have confidence in prayer if we pray according to the Will of God. We are told that God will give us Wisdom if we ask him, and we are told not be ignorant of God's will. God is faithful to show us if we ask, and spend the time in prayer. So, no excuse not to know his will on something when we pray. (James 1:5) (Eph 5:17) (Col 1:9)

We are told if we pray according to God's will that we will have the petitions WE DESIRE. Not something we don't desire. Jesus also said ask anything in my name and I'll do it, and we are told that if we believe that we receive what we ask, we will have what we ask.

1Jn 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
1Jn 5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

If we do as the scriptures ask, We know God's will about something, then at what point would God break his word and not answer our prayer according to what we asked?

Scripture please..............

If we don't know God's will about something "Lord if it is your will, please heal me" would that be a prayer of faith and confidence?
Are we told anywhere that not knowing his will gives us confidence to ask?

Just some questions Brother James. If what you believe is true, then you will have no problem with the answers. If you run into some issues coming up with answers, then ask yourself, why? I only want you Blessed Brother, and build your faith and confidence in our great healer, the one that fails us not.

Jesus Is Lord

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Jiggyfly, your suppose to be over on the tithing thread blasting me with scripture about not being under the law. I responded to your question, but find you wondering over here.

Got some scripture to support that people who do not tithe are thiefs?

I wonder what the total hours we have spent on christian forums?? I am sure God knows.......

be blessed.

Jesus Is Lord

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Jiggyfly, your suppose to be over on the tithing thread blasting me with scripture about not being under the law. I responded to your question, but find you wondering over here.

I wonder what the total hours we have spent on christian forums?? I am sure God knows.......

be blessed.

Jesus Is Lord

Hey Mike is that a yes or no?

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Ummmm................Caught me Brother..............

My Pastor said that was God being referred to and not just us. Sort of messed me up on what I thought about that scripture.

So, if you have a Way of looking at it, then please explain it.

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

The way I looked at it before was that just because people think you will fail, and are full of unbelief, confessing bad things over your life, then the faith you have over rides that. Jesus is God, the Word, is God, Jesus author and finisher of our faith, Have God kind of faith. (Some side notes in Mark 11:22) YLT, LITV, (Have faith of God) BBE (Have God's faith) DRB (Have the faith of God)

So, then even though someone is confessing junk over you, you are justified by what you say. (Blab it and grab it Doctrine)

My Pastor messed that up Brother Kieth Moore.

So, If you can take the time to give me your interpretation, that would be great. Use English, simple English. I gave you what I thought it meant, and Why I think that.

Be blessed.

Jesus Is Lord

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
IMO it simply means that God is sovereign look at what Paul says later in chapter 9 of this letter.

For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."So receiving God's promise is not up to us. We can't get it by choosing it or working hard for it. God will show mercy to anyone he chooses.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I suppose I could go into a long thing about your statement................Your right though, God is Sovereign. It's not him that will, and not him that run's but it's God that shows mercy.

Now, of course you know, I got other scriptures lined up, and ready to fire. The Question I have to ask myself. In the end, after page 18 of this OP, and the smoke clears............... Is my Brother Jiggyfly going to see it my way??? From my few years of Great pleasure knowing you, I would have to give that a very firm, NO.........................However we are not at page 18 yet.

So, Just to remind you what this post is about. Consider this verse In Hebrews.

Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

YOU, being part of that vessel of Mercy,You have all of God's riches and glory. YOU ARE THE HEALED AND PROSPEROUS.

So, I conclude you are already hooked up, and won't be needing my help, because you are already blessed.

You have a fine day sir. :D

Jesus Is Lord

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Ditto Mike, I am all for faith in God that does not deny His will and purpose, but my opinion of God's will and purpose is different than the opinion expressed by the WOF proponents.

None the less, Jesus is in authority over all things, He pulls it all together into one Kingdom and God will be all and in all. Hallelujah!
tongue.gif

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Well, I know that you listened to WOF long ago as you told me on another Forum.

I know you know how to believe God, you have sought the balance somewhere, As WOF May seem to some to be off the middle of the Road.

To be Honest, I am not sure if it just me and the Circle I am in, or Things seemed to have toned down as I listen to through these years for the 80's to the 90's to now. It could be a middle path needed found here also.

There is so much more to Faith, than just speaking it, and expecting it to happen, not the impression we were give a few years back. At least not my impression.

I use to believe that you should speak to everything and it should obey you.

My Pastor Preached on this and I was sort of abrasive against what He was teaching that day. He asked a question.

"Did Jesus do anything outside of what he heard and saw his Father do?"

In other Words, did Jesus just go around on his own doing Miracles, or was He being Led by the Holy Spirit, in Obedience to God's Will.

Our Pastor Keith Moore then went on to say we can avoid lots of faith disappointments, if we spend more time in Prayer and get direction. Lots of times we find that we want our flesh desires and use the moving mounting thing to justify getting them. He went over tons of scriptures, and it was a set back in what I believed.

Just wanted to share that...........

Thank you Brother for sharing.......... Now back to another thread, I see you responded to. Have to load the old scripture cannon and prepare.. :D

Be blessed

Jesus Is Lord

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Brother Mike,]Jesus is God, the Word, is God, Jesus author and finisher of our faith, Have God kind of faith. (Some side notes in Mark 11:22) YLT, LITV, (Have faith of God) BBE (Have God's faith) DRB (Have the faith of God)[/QUOTE

Our Pastor Keith Moore then went on to say we can avoid lots of faith disappointments, if we spend more time in Prayer and get direction.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only, ONE word............ fill in the blank, Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things _______ for, the evidence of things not seen."

for we're save by it, Romans 8:24.

PICJAG.