Is God air?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Bible says that God can see and hear everything, that is for sure.
That means he is omnipresent, for someone who sees and hears everthing must be everywhere.
Right now while I am writing this Theard, God is beside me and watching me and even when I sleep he is watching me. Not only is He standing next to me, He is also in my body, in my blood and in my brain. Everywhere means everywhere.
God is life, and God said that life is in the blood.
Well, what is everywhere? What is in my body, what is in my brain, what is in my blood, what is covering the whole earth? It is air.
If air is not God, then what is he?
One cannot see air but it is everywhere, one cannot see God but he is everywhere.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the clearest, most dogmatic statements in the Bible and in Christian Theology is that God is distinct from His creation. Since air is a gas, it is a material, created reality, and not God. God is everywhere precisely because His existence preceded the creation of space. He cannot have created something beyond Himself. Therefore, He encompasses all of what He created--He is everywhere. "Everywhere," with respect to God's location, cannot be defined by our terms of space, although it is true that God is everywhere in space. Rather, the term everywhere simply defines where God is within His created universe. He actually exists *before* we can define His location within our created universe. His presence is simply beyond our definition of space.

Reactions: Scoot and DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One of the clearest, most dogmatic statements in the Bible and in Christian Theology is that God is distinct from His creation. Since air is a gas, it is a material, created reality, and not God. God is everywhere precisely because His existence preceded the creation of space. He cannot have created something beyond Himself. Therefore, He encompasses all of what He created--He is everywhere. "Everywhere," with respect to God's location, cannot be defined by our terms of space, although it is true that God is everywhere in space. Rather, the term everywhere simply defines where God is within His created universe. He actually exists *before* we can define His location within our created universe. His presence is simply beyond our definition of space.
...it's a real shame that you actually had to explain this.
...just for the record, I have a feeling that he won't respond, or address a single one of the fundamental principles that you cited. I wondering what this guy is up to, or how old he actually is (under 20)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...it's a real shame that you actually had to explain this.
...just for the record, I have a feeling that he won't respond, or address a single one of the fundamental principles that you cited. I wondering what this guy is up to, or how old he actually is (under 20)

You're right. I had that sense from the start that this shouldn't have to be answered. It's not just Theology 101--it's elementary grade religion. God is not the creation, aka Pantheism. Thanks for saying it!

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're right. I had that sense from the start that this shouldn't have to be answered. It's not just Theology 101--it's elementary grade religion. God is not the creation, aka Pantheism. Thanks for saying it!
Yes, well said, another religion altogether.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 4:24
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
KJV

Heb 11:3
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
KJV

Reactions: APAK

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That means he is omnipresent, for someone who sees and hears everthing must be everywhere.
Right now while I am writing this Theard, God is beside me and watching me and even when I sleep he is watching me. Not only is He standing next to me, He is also in my body, in my blood and in my brain. Everywhere means everywhere.
Well, what is everywhere? What is in my body, what is in my brain, what is in my blood, what is covering the whole earth? It is air.
One cannot see air but it is everywhere, one cannot see God but he is everywhere.

air is biblically firmament between the waters which God called Heaven therefore a place, a place to be, because Heaven is God's throne and earth is His footstool. but its ridiculous to think that God is something He made.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
air is biblically firmament between the waters which God called Heaven therefore a place, a place to be, because Heaven is God's throne and earth is His footstool. but its ridiculous to think that God is something He made.

The idea of the firmament in Genesis 1 is about the cloud atmosphere around the earth. That is what is being formed there by God removed part of the waters that were spread over the entire earth at Genesis 1:2. It is called heaven, but it is not the same Heaven where God Himself dwells.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of the firmament in Genesis 1 is about the cloud atmosphere around the earth. That is what is being formed there by God removed part of the waters that were spread over the entire earth at Genesis 1:2. It is called heaven, but it is not the same Heaven where God Himself dwells.

read what it says:

Gen 1:6  And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 
Gen 1:7  And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 
Gen 1:8  And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. 

the clouds are the water above the firmament, and dry land wasn't available on the earth yet.

you're blowing smoke pal.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everywhere means everywhere.
Indeed it does. It is as literal as can possibly be.
God is the Software Code that existed before anything, even our Universe...

full

...that framed the Simulation...

full

...that became the Standard Model...

full

...that became the Godhead...

full

...that became the Nucleobase...

full

...that became the Ovum Tabernacle...

full

full

...that became Jesus.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

full

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is Spirit indeed. He extends himself as the invisible Spirit into our world.
As the Supreme One, he is the only genuine source of energy that produces and maintains all vibratory matter and objects. He is the source of both all the potential and kinetic energy. It is known and 'seen' in his creation, for us, in his and our home within the 3D-T continuum. He, his Spirit, is not only everywhere, he/it is every time, or he is all the time, everywhere.

What we call 'dead,' or inanimate, as in a rock, is still 'alive' or energized, and its constituents are held together by the vibratory energy of his Spirit. Life to our Creator is much more that air breathing animals, plants and trees. The air, the wind, the water, the Sun, the moon and even all the Universe are all living, energized or vibratory, despite our bias that anchors life to a rigid and narrow definition.

APAK

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the clouds are the water above the firmament, and dry land wasn't available on the earth yet.

you're blowing smoke pal.

That's just your copycating a traditional belief by the ignorant who think God's creation is only 6,000 years old, and that thinking indeed is... blowing smoke! It's even equal to still believing that the sun and all the planets revolve around the earth!