Is God Male?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep hearing repeatedly that God is genderless, yet it always says He in the Bible and not She and if God wanted to be female wouldn't He have wanted to have been born a girl?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I keep hearing repeatedly that God is genderless...
This is simply more EGREGIOUS NONSENSE from those who hate the truth and hate God.

GOD THE FATHER -- MASCULINE
GOD THE SON -- MASCULINE
GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT -- MASCULINE

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender is sometimes describe in “function”.
it’s the function of the Spirit that is reveal not a gender but a work. let’s look at the function.

Exodus 29:10 "And thou shalt cause a bullock to be brought before the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the bullock."

arron and his “sons”, are all males, correct, but look at the definition of their “Hands”,
it is the Hebrew word, H3027 יָד yad (yawd) n-f.
1. a hand (the open one (indicating power, means, direction, etc.), in distinction from H3709, the closed one).
2. used (as noun, adverb, etc.) in a great variety of applications, both literally and figuratively, both proximate and remote (as follows).

see, hands is a noun but feminine. feminine hands on males…. see it now. just as the Lord Jesus is the Wisdom of God but wisdom is also describe as a “SHE”.

but let’s make it plain. example, sometimes we give our cars/vehicles a feminine name like nettie bell, or sally, why? is the car "GENDER" feminine? no, but it’s the function that the car do… “it carry us from one place to another, just as a woman “carry” a baby from conception, to term. as with with a woman "Carry", we the same are precious cargo too.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I keep hearing repeatedly that God is genderless, yet it always says He in the Bible and not She and if God wanted to be female wouldn't He have wanted to have been born a girl?
Gender is an interesting one A_R. It is a bit of a mystery in that we find it problematic to think outside the terms of gender. Sure, we give it lip service yet in reality a God with no gender as we understand it doesn't fit comfortably into the boxes we've made.

I've been thinking of this:- Eve was made from Adams rib ie, he formed the woman from a part of the man. He didn't do that with the animals......with them, he called them into existence with both their genders....hmm, interesting huh?

Again...to me God obviously had something other than in mind than he did with the creation of the animals. For instance, he made Adam with male reproductive organs before Eve was around. That in itself tells a story.....why or what, I don't know.

Personally I think God encompasses both what we know as male and female attributes with the dominant 'factor' as far as humanity is concerned, being male. Now, I don't know any more than that......but as I said earlier, it's a bit of a mystery.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender is an interesting one A_R. It is a bit of a mystery in that we find it problematic to think outside the terms of gender. Sure, we give it lip service yet in reality a God with no gender as we understand it doesn't fit comfortably into the boxes we've made.

I've been thinking of this:- Eve was made from Adams rib ie, he formed the woman from a part of the man. He didn't do that with the animals......with them, he called them into existence with both their genders....hmm, interesting huh?

Again...to me God obviously had something other than in mind than he did with the creation of the animals. For instance, he made Adam with male reproductive organs before Eve was around. That in itself tells a story.....why or what, I don't know.

Personally I think God encompasses both what we know as male and female attributes with the dominant 'factor' as far as humanity is concerned, being male. Now, I don't know any more than that......but as I said earlier, it's a bit of a mystery.
good reply, lets take it a bit futher, is not "EVE" a man, meaning, as you said, TAKEN out of the first man. (bone of my bome, and flesh of my flesh), another Adam, as in MANKIND. but as another man, their "function" as a female man is different from the male man.

PICJAG

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good question. I don’t know but ever since you posted the question it has been on my mind. Consider all the focus given to ‘neither male nor female’ but what about the others there: neither Jew nor Greek, and ... neither bond nor free?

Regarding God as always “He” in the word. Only an opinion as to why God is always He would be Hebrews 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

And also, 1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
A new creature... ‘that God may be all in all’ ‘for you are all one in Christ Jesus’ Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Get your point maybe though (if I’ve understood you correctly) that maybe it is taken too far in arguing or debating the gender of God or genderless when “For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,”

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father is male. Same with the Son and Spirit.
is your body/flesh male or female, or is your spirit gender based? John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." so the Spirit give "BIRTH?" and are you not "BIRTHED or BORN of the Spirit?.

Romans 8:5.

PICJAG

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In God's plan there is the male role and the female role. To accomplish His final purpose, both are necessary!
Consider that Jesus as the Head of the Body is in the male role and any person [male or female physically] speaking God's Word is active in the male role. The Body of Christ is to consist of both physical males and females. All of the congregation sitting in the pews are the to silent while the Bridegroom is speaking the Word of God. Even a male pastor who normally preaches or teaches during a service is in the female role of silence when a female stands to preach, teach, testify or sing [taking the leading or spiritual male role] onto the Lord leading God's people at the moment.

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Ga; 3:28

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." I Cor 11:3

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Adam and Eve were both made in God's likeness. Adam first and then the female part of him was taken out by God and made into a woman. We are all made in God's likeness but God has both masculine and feminine qualities but His Son was definitely male.

Reactions: April_Rose

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve were both made in God's likeness. Adam first and then the female part of him was taken out by God and made into a woman. We are all made in God's likeness but God has both masculine and feminine qualities but His Son was definitely male.
is not the Son, God himself in, in, in, flesh... 1 Timothy 3:16. now was that flesh male, or was the Spirit "IN " that flesh, who is God male?.

PICJAG

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a male in need of a wife, but not a physical one. He is the Bridegroom. The Bride is to consist of you and me without regard to our physical gender.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a male in need of a wife, but not a physical one. He is the Bridegroom. The Bride is to consist of you and without regard to our physical gender.
AMEN, just as circumcision.... was it for MALES only? if so then females are left out of salvation?

no, it's the foreskin of one's heart/spirit.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is "Spirit", and we use anthropomorphism, meaning the attribution of human form or behavior given to a deity to understand its actions.

when the scripture say, Isaiah 66:1 "Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?"

so God sits on a throne? no, he's Spirit, and he's everywhere, Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?"
Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."

if he fills heaven and earth, where is the Lazy boy recliner big enough for him to sit? let alone where to place it.

we must rethink what our bodies are for, manifestation/idenfication purpose. if we take away our bodies, could we Identify each other.... well a good case test, just get in a DARK room without no light at all and see if one could tell if one is Black or white, or red or brown. and see if one could tell if one is republican, or democrat. and see if one could tell by sight if one is rich or poor....... are we getting the point.

there have been many social experiments where people could not tell if someone was rich or poor, and that was with their eyes open in light. and in a blind fold, nor could they tell if someone was tall or short.....

we walk NOT by sight but IN "LOVE".

PICJAG

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN, just as circumcision.... was it for MALES only?
‘was for males only’ Makes me think on Romans 3:29-30 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: [30] Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

1 Corinthians 7:19-20 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. [20] Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

... So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. [8] Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one:..1 Corinthians 3:7-8

Love Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

...So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. —faith which worketh by love.

if so then females are left out of salvation?

Reactions: 101G and amadeus

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's the rules of language in every language on the planet for God to be male not female...

You are correct that God is genderless...he never had to listen to a whiney female until he had Adam to commiserate with over the situation.

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's the rules of language in every language on the planet for God to be male not female...

You are correct that God is genderless...he never had to listen to a whiney female until he had Adam to commiserate with over the situation.
I'm sorry for the 'whiney females' in your life.