1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God Omniscient?

Discussion in 'Bible Study Forum' started by robert derrick, Jan 10, 2022.

1. robert derrick

robert derrick Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The Omniscient God from everlasting, made Himself not omniscient in the beginning to create man in His image, and to save man by faith in the blood of the Lamb.

Even as he made Himself to be Three to create man in Their image.

Since 'Omniscience' of God is being used for a devilish doctrine of Calvin's 'pre-election before conception', then exactly how God is omniscient is important to know.

Therefore, the Calvin 'omniscience' of God to know everything about a soul in heart and will, before the soul is ever made in the womb, is suspect at least.

1. Where does Scripture teach God knows all things in heart, mind, and will of a soul before conception?
    2. Why does Scripture teach that God searches the hearts and the reigns, if He already knows every thought and intent of the heart?
    3. Why did God test Abraham to see for Himself if Abraham truly feared Him, if He already knew that?

God is all seeing, but not all knowing, until He's seen it in the heart.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

God didn't see the iniquity of Lucifer, until He found it by seeing it in the spirit:

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

How can God ever 'find' something that He's already known all about? Like God, we only find what we search for, and we don't find what we already have.

Already knowing all things in the heart, before there ever was the heart, is the great error of God 'preselecting' souls before He ever made one in the womb.

Adam was not made a living soul, until a body was fashioned for him on the earth.

The only omniscience God has for His living creatures, is He knows what they ought to do, and what they ought not to do, and He also knows what will happen to them if they do what they ought vs what will happen if they do not.

God can see our hearts and then know of a surety our intents, and so God can prophecy perfectly the end of all things, but He is not omniscient to know all things of the heart, until He searches an sees them, which is why He searches them.

Calvin's kind of omniscience for God to know all things in advance pertaining to a soul made by Himself accordingly, so that will the heart will think and intend is preordained by Him to do so, is the pagan god of fate: Moria.

It is the blind fate of pagan despair and tragedy, not the good will of God who created all things for His pleasure, and has put free will into the souls of man to choose to do His good will and please Him.

And God does not know which way man will go, until he sees it for Himself, first in their hearts, and then in their words and deeds.

Before that, God knows absolutely nothing about the soul not yet conceived in the womb, other than that soul is now given a free choice to believe and be saved or not.

God by choice does not want to know the hearts of the souls He makes, until He searches their hearts for Himself, and then and only then makes His choice whom to save and whom to not by the righteous judgement of the faith of Jesus and the blood of the Lamb.

God wants to see some blood and skin in the game, and not just hear happy talk about 'being saved'.

And God makes no soul to go one way or the other: He is not a respecter of persons at all.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  2. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    How is it you did not know I was not talking about bread?

post likes this.
  3. Lifelong_sinner

Lifelong_sinner Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This guy gets more and more weird. Heres a list right off the top of my head of crazy stuff he has said;
    1. OSAS is a lie.
    2. he no longer sins, at all. Ever.
    3. God doesnt know everything.
    4. Paul wasnt an apostle.
    5. Calvin was a hippie.

whats next???? I cant wait to see. It’ll be a doozy for sure.

4. BarnyFife

BarnyFife Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Well, he's right about that one-lol :p

Nancy likes this.
  5. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1. There is only one soul God knew Personally in the heart, mind, and will, before that soul ever was in the womb of a woman: Jesus Christ.

2. God made the first soul Adam, the same as all souls: After the body conceived in the womb, and for His good pleasure.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

3. God did not know Abraham's whole hearted fear and love for God, until after He tested him to see for Himself.
    4. God must search the hearts and the reigns to know the mind and heart and will of a soul; otherwise, God would not need search the heart and the reigns to know what He already perfectly knew before conception.
    5. If God already knew the heart and mind of Jeremiah before conception, then why wait to sanctify him only after conception, which was when he would have searched his heart to do so. But then, as asked above, why search into what one already perfectly knows?

Based on these points, God did not know the heart and will of the soul to be called Jeremiah, but God did know there would come such a soul as him at such a time as that, to be fit for God's service from the womb, and so God saw that in him when he searched Jeremiah's heart after conception, and thus sanctified him in the womb, and then ordained him at certain age to prophecy His Word.

God knew a soul worthy to be sanctified and ordained in prophecy would come, and God found that soul when He searched his heart int he womb. Not until He searched the heart of that soul, while yet int he womb, did God know that was the soul for Him to sanctify and ordain as prophet in the land.

At such a time as that, God was looking for a man such as Jeremiah. When God looked for another such man at another such time, He did not find one like Jeremiah:

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

And so, it is concluded that God cannot see and know certainly the heart and mind of a soul before conception, much less Personally prepare such a soul for specific service; otherwise, He would have done so when He searched for such an one and did not find any.

And if He already knew there would not be such a soul, then why search for one? Because He could not see and know before conception, what He could only search into after conception and find what he was looking for.

All souls are made the same after conception: for the pleasure of God, and God has sworn Himself not to make any one soul any different from another, that free will may be power to choose to believe and obey Him, which is the only power that would love Him freely.

God could have a specially prepared soul enter into the womb of a woman, and He did Himself in His Son Jesus Christ, but only one such soul was ever with God and was God.

All other souls come into this world the same way with the same choice to make in this life, including Adam, who started off with every benefit, and still failed miserably by his own choice of transgression against God.

6. stredaleve

stredaleve Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Philippines
    a very scary opinion i don't wanna read qwq

7. Lifelong_sinner

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    do NOT listen to robert derrick. The man has NO clue about theology.

stredaleve likes this.
  8. Lifelong_sinner

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    nonsense!!! Every thing you said is nonsense.

post likes this.
  9. post

post Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity?
    and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

(Proverbs 1:22) ​

10. stredaleve

Faith:
    Christian
    Philippines
    yes i already put him in my ignore list and he is the very first one and hope the last
    because this content seriously makes me want to cry and the cause is fear of God

11. post

post Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    For You formed my inward parts;
    You covered me in my mother’s womb.
    I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    marvelous are Your works,
    and that my soul knows very well.
    My frame was not hidden from You,
    when I was made in secret,
    skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
    And in Your book they all were written,
    the days fashioned for me,
    when as yet there were none of them.

(Psalm 139:13-16)​

when was David skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth?
    when God formed David from dust, did God know what He was doing?
    is God any good at creating? does He have a clue what He makes?
    is David wrong, or is God indeed skillful?
    does He create with intent, and will, or does He make a bunch of 'happy accidents' ?

do you teach Him knowledge?

Nancy likes this.
  12. post

post Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    i don't put anyone on ignore, but @robert derrick is certainly only telling us what a low opinion he has of God.

the Lord's sheep will not follow the voice of a stranger

Lifelong_sinner likes this.
  13. stredaleve

Faith:
    Christian
    Philippines
    okay i'm out running without looking back i don't wanna hear it might affect my faith

post likes this.
  14. Robert Gwin

Robert Gwin Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The Bible indicates that He is Rob. Isa 46:10.

Wrangler and post like this.
  15. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thanks for the challenge.

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

There is nothing in this Scripture about foreknowledge and election of God before conception.

Beginning and ending are of this world, not from everlasting: God's counsel pertaining to souls is limited to this life only by His own wisdom to do so: The Omniscience of God that nothing is impossible for Him to do, and He can do all things, does not mean He does so.

The Scripture you offer only confirms God's sovereignty over souls in this life, not before their making, which will determine their life to come in the next, by His judgement of what He found when searching their hearts.

By Scripture, we know that God does not choose to make and know souls before conception, that every soul may be made the same with the same calling, and it is God that searches the hearts in the womb, so that He then knows their end from the beginning in this world and the next to come.

God is not a respecter of persons, to foreknow different souls from one another before the womb, and then to make them differently from one another in the womb.

All souls are made with conception exactly the same: with the calling of God to Himself to do His good pleasure.

Only then does He knock and search the heart for the right answer: Yes, not my will, but thine be done.

Souls are not known before conception nor made differently by God at conception.

16. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God has omniscience, but from the beginning He chose not to use it in all things: He has witholden from Himself the right by power to make and foreknow souls differently from one another before the womb.

And so, by choice of His own counsel He is not omniscient to know all souls, for good or evil, before conception on earth.

And the man of God said, Let her alone; for her soul is vexed within her: and the LORD hath hid it from me, and hath not told me.

Even as God Hid His knowledge of the woman from His prophet, so He hid from Himself the knowledge of His souls before conception.

Every soul on earth is God's, and made by God in the womb, and all are made exactly the same, with His calling to them to Himself, and the right to answer Him according to their own will.

Souls hard-wired by God beforehand to be saved is carnal minded rubbish of proud man.

"I'm saved and there's nothing I can do about it, because I was known and chosen from everlasting before I was ever born into the world. Aren't I the really really really special one?!!"

The only soul God ever knew and was from everlasting, before coming down to earth into the womb of a woman, is the Word Himself: Jesus Christ.

17. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God's omniscience is the power not to do all things: Meekness.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

God is not an intruder of souls, and His salvation is not home invasion, neither does He stack the deck beforehand: God is not a respecter of persons, which He would make Himself by foreknowing and ordaining souls to be made differently from one another in will and heart: all souls in the womb are made to begin the same, with the calling of God to Himself to do His good pleasure.

He knocks to see if any will open freely to Him: He is meek and lowly in heart, such that only by open invitation does He enter therein, and stays only so long as fellowship in the Light remains.

God knocks on every soul's door the same in this life, and if any open to Him, means He does not know beforehand what door He is knocking on: If He did know before conception, then He makes Himself a fool playing games with peoples' hearts, knocking on doors He foreordained to remain shut to Him.

God's counsel with Himself pertaining to souls being saved through the blood of the Lamb, says nothing of personally knowing those souls to save before conception.

God can search the hearts of them yet in the womb, and so sanctify them from the womb, but not before the womb: He chooses not to choose beforehand who will and who won't. He chooses not to make Himself a respecter of persons and make certain souls differently than others.

God could be omniscient to make certain souls in a certain way as opposed to others, but His own wisdom and counsel refuses it for Himself, because He is love and not a respecter of persons.

Lucifer himself was created perfect, and Lucifer himself made himself to rebel against God, and God saw it so soon as it entered into his heart, and so cast him down for it: God could prophecy the rebellion, and it come to pass, but God did not know which angel would do so, until He saw it in the heart.

The omniscience of God to know all things was to know a rebellion could come, and then to know when it came and from whom at the very moment it entered the heart to do so. And He made all such creatures perfectly the same at their creation, so that He would love them all equally from the beginning, and yet see the ones rebelling in an instant of time.

True omniscience is not to know everything everywhere beforehand: true power of God is to only know it, when He sees it amidst the myriads of myriads of creatures created each by Himself equally.

The omniscience of God is to rule by His own wisdom and love: He creates perfect and allows rebellion to come, because it is necessary to obey from the heart freely to love God and others as ourselves. And His true power is to have all creatures made the same, so that only when He sees the heart, does He know the soul and the spirit, and only then He fulfills His own will of judgement accordingly, one creature, angel, and soul at a time.

This man-made omniscience of 'knowing all things personally' beforehand is rubbish invented by the carnal mind that has forgotten the love of God for all souls, and is not a respecter of persons in making souls for His good pleasure.

18. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    when was David skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth?

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Obviously by Scripture after he was covered in his mother's womb. And in exactly the same manner as every soul God ever made and covered in their mother's womb: equally at conception.

Having a carnal mind, you don't know how to read Scripture given us by the Spirit: Scripture is speaking to all souls, not just David bragging about his own.

Wasn't your soul covered in your mother's womb? fearfully wrought and wonderfully made? in the lowest parts of the earth?

does He create with intent, and will, or does He make a bunch of 'happy accidents' ?

By this happily stupid stuff, I'm not thinking so in your case.

You know, I am almost being convinced by Calvinist OSASsers, that all souls are created equal and the same by God. Some souls are just to pathetically stupid to have ever have been made by God.

However, since greater stupidity is that which can only be learned, not born with, then I'm only almost convinced.

Besides, I would never blame God for certain soul's outcome after leaving the womb.

All souls are certainly create equal in the womb, but certainly all souls do not stay the same afterward.

do you teach Him knowledge?

No. I'm not trying to teach God anything, but only pass on what He is teaching me from Scripture.

And by your own childish happy talk, you are unteachable:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

So, ignore me. Please. Unless, you want to return as an adult.

19. Lifelong_sinner

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    just so you know, noone actually reads your lies, you heretic.

20. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    when God formed David from dust

That would be the first Adam. He is the only one made from the dust of the earth, and then the woman was made from his flesh, and then the rest were made from the flesh of a woman.

is God any good at creating? does He have a clue what He makes?

He makes all things perfectly, and He makes all souls perfectly the same, but He does not have a clue about the personality of that soul, until He searches the heart to judge by.

He did know One soul before being made flesh, but He did not create nor make that soul: Jesus Christ.