1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God Omniscient?

Discussion in 'Bible Study Forum' started by robert derrick, Jan 10, 2022.

1. robert derrick

robert derrick Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    i wonder why it is you so wish the True God to be not only ignorant, but ignorant on purpose?

The real question is why He has chosen to be ignorant on some things and not on others. Being all powerful, He can choose to do anything, and choose not to do some things.

He's chosen to be ignorant of our past sins, and not remember them anymore.

We are commanded to do the same with others from the heart.

The all power of the love of God trumps your demand for omniscience with God.

You demand He remember every sin of yours from the past at the day of judgment, in order to be as omniscient as you demand Him to be, then go right ahead.

That photo of bones praying is perfect for that day.

2. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I am offering Scripture and my reading of them, which are all certainly searchable by the Spirit of truth.

Show how I have spoken unadvisedly by Scripture, or by better reading, and I will be corrected; otherwise, you can delete whatever you want from your mind.

Doesn't matter to me.

3. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I can accept that. Because that is all I am saying.

If God preknew what to make each soul, one different from another, then there is no need for God to search the heart to know the thoughts and intents thereof.

God creates all souls equally at conception in the womb, and He can search the heart in the womb, and after the womb, to see the end thereof.

God's all power is to choose not to know beforehand, that he might make righteous judgment at the time of judgment, rather than to be a predeterminant respecter of persons.

4. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So says the one who says what God can and cannot do, because He has to be God the way you say he must be.

I believe in the God of Scripture as it is written: The Almighty God chooses when and where and how much and how little, after the counsel of His own will, which includes His own knowledge of things for the sake of love and righteous judgment.

Your forced omniscience upon God to know all things beforehand is nothing compared to the charity of God to know only what He sees in a soul, when he searches it, and then make the judgment perfectly:

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

All power with charity is greater than all knowing with respect of persons beforehand.

5. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Let's take just one doozy from the OP which opens thus: "The Omniscient God from everlasting, made Himself not omniscient in the beginning to create man in His image, and to save man by faith in the blood of the Lamb."

Folks, did you get that? "made Himself not omniscient"! Is there even a shred of Scripture to support this BIZARRE and preposterous statement?

6. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God is not waiting to see how a man's heart turns out before he chooses them. That's what a man would do.

You could have skipped all the carnal minded rambling and rationalization to get your Calvin doctrine.

That is exactly what the man Christ Jesus commanded to do. And I thank God you are not Him.

For every tree is known by his own fruit. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Every soul of man is known by the fruit of the heart, and God only judges what He sees in the heart, not before that time.

You believe in Calvin' omniscience. I believe in the God of Scripture only.

Mankind would wait to see how a man's heart would develop before he chose them for salvation.

He searches and see even in the womb, and can sanctify therefrom, not before.

But God, being the transcendent creator, creates the heart he needs for his purpose.

He creates some for destruction and then destroys them, and he creates others for life and then saves them. Thank God your robotic soul- making God is not the God of Scripture: that is not all power, but is all about rigging the game for some, and not for others, because He's too lazy to do the real work of a living God and righteously judge by searching the hearts.

God creates all souls equally, then chooses for His own purposes the hearts He searches for His faith in them.

Your conception of God is anthropomorphic and not according to knowledge.

So you say. I have given my reading of Scripture. If it is in error. Show it.

Otherwise your conception of God is yours, not mine. I don't have conceptions of God, but only readings of His written word.

And Scripture shows me God does not preconceive what a soul will believe and do before being conceived in the womb; otherwise, the liars would be true: "It's not my fault, because God made me this way, before I was ever conceived."

Anthropomorphism is making God what man thinks God must be. Those who say God can, or God cannot, because He is God, are anthropomorphic in the extreme, determining according to their own carnal minds what God must and must not be.

Paul, the apostle, pictures God as a potter. As the potter, he takes from one clump of clay and makes one pot into a vase, and another pot into a toilet.

True. Based upon His searching the heart to see the thoughts an intents thereof, even while yet in the womb, but not before.

The only soul God ever knew personally, what that soul would believe and do on earth, was the Word.

The soul of Jesus Christ is the only soul from everlasting with God and was God and was perfectly known by God.

No soul ever made by God the Word in His own image, was ever from everlasting with God and perfectly known of God before being conceived in the womb: that is self-idolatry and pride of life.

But God is not limited to the creation of "stuff", he creates time also.

Another one of these statements man keeps saying. And where is the Scripture for it? Not that it is wrong, but where is it written? Show me from Scripture, and I'll believe it.

There is the beginning, where God created the heaven and the earth. There is from everlasting to everlasting. Where is God creates time?

Once again, who is anthropomorphizing God out of their own minds, and who is not? I go by Scripture only, not by the traditional knowledgeable-sounding things of man.

But again, nothing exists apart from God.

Once again, something sounding great, but in this case false:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The void of nothing was apart from the Spirit of God moving upon it's face, in order to do the work of God within to let there be Light.

For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens.

Sin exists all the time apart from God. His mercy allows it, because He would not have any to perish, but all to come to repentance, before time runs out.

Neither did sin exist in the soul because God preordained it to be there for some, and to for others, whom He has pre-elected to be saved, while other not.

That is garbage of Calvin-man, not the God of Scripture. Calvin-man is worse than Neanderthal-man, because even a Neanderthal would scratch his head about that one.

God knows what will happen in the future because he knows what Plans he has for it.

What will happen, yes. He has already prophesied the everlasting things. Who it will happen to? No. Not until He searches the heart to judge righteously whether to live or to be destroyed.

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

God does not command His own people not to do, what He has done: God commands us not to prejudge anything before the time, because He has chosen not to do so Himself, before the time of His searching.

7. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    * All souls belong to God...ya think God is oblivious to knowing what is His?

All souls are God's once He makes them, and all souls are thus judged of God once he searches their hearts and reigns.

You think God makes souls particularly according to His will differently from one another, and then searches to see which are which?

* Scriptural teaching of God searching a mans HEART, is for mans BENEFIT to KNOW, no man can fool God with a false oath.

Scripture tells us God searches the hearts, so that we are not decieved into thinking God does not know.

However, why is He searching what He already knew from everlasting, to show He is not fooled?

Calvin's omniscience would say rather, God made you the way you are in every detail, before you were ever conceived. So don't think you are fooling God about anything: He made you the way you are, and there is nothing you can do about it, so don't think God don't know about it already.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Calvin says, be not decieved; God is not mocked: for whatsoever God has made you, that shall you also be judged by.

Stop thinking with the carnal mind, and just take Scripture as it is written. God searches the heart and judges the deeds to know what a man is, and the nature of His soul, whether it be good or evil.

* What is ANYONE TESTED? For the Teachers BENEFIT, or the PERSON? FYI...it is for the persons BENEFIT to KNOW where “they” stand.

Your argument defeats itself: the teacher doesn't know where the student stands, until grading the test, and the student doesn't know for sure where he stands, until receiving the results, whether for commendation or shame:

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

God chooses not to know any particular soul to judge ahead of time unrighteously, and even some souls He chooses not to search the heart, that he may be overjoyed to know the truth of the heart after the test.

God is a risk taker of the highest order, because God is love that believeth all things good are possible, even with man made alike with free will to choose not to do so.

God commands us to live by faith, because He does: God chose in the wisdom of His own heart to make every soul equally upon conception, that His choosing may be according to righteousness seen in the heart, and not according to election preordained before ever there was a heart to choose.

God makes every soul the same equally with the faith of Jesus, that many souls would freely come to Him by faith to love Him from the heart, and not obey Him by predetermined selection: God's eternal salvation is not by predetermined winners of 'life's lottery'.

God created man by faith, not by Calvin's omniscient predetermination, which God refused for Himself by grace and charity of the heart.

You are trying to MAKE GOD’S KNOWLEDGE dependent upon Angels and men.

God is not dependent upon anyone. God is dependent on faith from the heart to save someone. That is the choice He made by love before the beginning of creation, when He knew He would need die on the cross to save them that chose not to serve Him, but rather chose sin, beginning with Adam.

ERROR!

What are you Nomad? Are you really that premade and preprogrammed by God?:D

Adam is perfect proof, that God made a soul perfectly, yet did not do according to His perfect plan for man, because He allowed Adam to decide for Himself: When god made Him a living soul, after the body was prepared, He did not know and predetermine Adam's decision to choose the devil over Himself.

No Scripture ever speaks of God knowing Adam would choose to do evil rather than to obey Him.

I'm thinking here, that carnal man cannot conceive the free will given by God, by God choosing not to know the soul before it's time.

Carnal man likes everything wrapped up in a nice little bow-tie of preknowledge and choosing and determining. That was Calvin's error, trying to explain the unexplainable: why some souls choose life, and others choose death. It certainly wasn't because God decided it for them!

Life on earth with souls of men and woman are messy, and the Lamb needed shed His blood, exactly because God did not predetermine and premake all men to love Him and obey Him at all times. He could have, and according to your doctrine of Calvin's insistent omniscience, God certainly would have.

God never knowingly purposely premade a soul to destruction before conception: God is love. We love Him because He first loved us.

He first loved us by making us all equal, with equal opportunity to love Him in turn. And yet not all do love Him, not because of God, but because of their own hearts choosing not to.

If God makes every soul according to His predetermined will for that soul, then man could rightly accuse God of tempting them with evil, since it was God would made them for the express purpose of being overcome of evil.

God created by faith that souls would choose Him according to their own desire, not according to His prepackaged programming.

When Scriptures announces GOD “FOUND” something. It isn’t revealing something God didn’t Know.....

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Scripture says yes. You say no. I'll take Scripture of God about God over what you say any and every day.

It is revealing something “ABOUT” the created, the created didn’t know.

The created knew they were created. God didn't know what they would all do about it. God knew one would rebel, be it Lucifer, Gabriel, Michael, or another, until God saw it in Lucifer, God did not know specifically which. And so soon as God saw and knew it, He cast him down before he ever had chance to rise up indeed.

Satan’s STOPPING keeping perfect ways; was revealed; when, how, why, and his consequences. What does ^THAT^ have to do with GODS KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THINGS?

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

God knew one of them would, God did not know which, because He created them equally perfect together,a nd so gave each the perfect chance not to do evil.

Iniquity was found in him, not by Lucifer nor the other angels, but was found in him by God, when He saw it, and so soon as He saw it, out of all the myriads and myriads of angels around Him, He immediately judged it without mercy: that is all power.

It would be nothing to God to premake and so prejudge, and then do so when predetermined. That is not all power, that is laziness of the all powerful: God is not slothful in His business, that he created for Himself to do according to the good pleasure of His own will.

That is the difference between the souls of men and the spirit of angels created by God: God shed His blood on the cross, that He might show mercy when seeing iniquity in the heart, but in the end He will judge all things by what He has found in the heart and written in the book: not beforehand, nor before the time.

God does not premake nor prejudge according to the Great Calvin of omniscience.

If you think you ae one of those lucky ones to be premade and prejudged unto unconditional eternal salvation, then go right ahead. Not because you're anything special in yourself, of course, nor because you've made any right decisions for yourself. No, you're only special, because you were 'preselected' from everlasting before the world ever began: Aren't you special.

8. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Folks, did you get that? "made Himself not omniscient"!

Men of Israel, help!: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place!

"made Himself not omniscient"! Is there even a shred of Scripture to support this BIZARRE and preposterous statement?

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.

What? You think I just say things off the top of my head? I teach Scripture by what Scripture has already said.

You say God cannot make Himself lesser than Himself in any way, shape, nor form, Scripture says otherwise.

You do the repenting. Not me. Or don't. It doesn't really matter to me.

9. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There are those who say God cannot make Himself of no reputation to be a man, and now there are those who say God cannot make Himself of no knowledge for the sake of souls.

There are those who also say God cannot make Himself Three in the beginning, so They can make man in Their image.

And some say God cannot, period.

I simply say God can make Himself anything he wants, and not make Himself anything He doesn't want: He can have all knowledge or not, according to His own will and counsel.

And God does not have to be instructed by man who says He must have all knowledge, else He would not be the God they say He must be.

God of course cares nothing about that, and neither do I.

I read of the Lord God Omnipotent, not the Lord God omniscient.

All power trumps all knowledge any day. Knowledge is nothing, power is everything:

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

10. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    If God is omnipotent then that would mean He has power over all. If He has power over all, this would naturally imply that He has knowledge of all things under His power. He is thus omniscient by virtue of His omnipotence...

11. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

God judges nothing before the time to judge, and neither did His apostle, and neither should we.

Them that compel God to know and to select and therefore to judge beforehand, know not god, nor His love, nor His righteous judgement according only to that which he has seen in the heart.

God is not a preknowing preselecting premaking prejudging God, pertaining to souls He makes equally at conception.

12. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God also has power not to know all things under His power: That is all power.

A power that has to know all things under the power, whether desiring to or not, is not all power.

Your carnal logic does not extend to God. You arguments of human rationale are nothing to Scripture.

O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee.

So, state it plainly. Say that God has not the power to choose not know something under His power. Go ahead.

13. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    He saw my birth, your birth, everyone's birth from the beginning.

He foresaw the making of every soul equally the same, and the time of doing so.

He also foresaw and foreknew not all creatures would choose to serve Him forever.

He chose not see which was which before their making, so that His impartiality would not premake any soul according to one way or the other.

He chose not to foresee and therefore foremake souls different from one another, some made for destruction and some for salvation, before ever being conceived in the womb.

Once made equally, He then is ready to search the heart, even in the womb, and even sanctify from the womb. Not before the womb.

He saw His own actions in play before they happened.

He foresaw every circumstance in which to save a soul or to reject a soul, which He foresaw would be according to His righteous judgement of each soul when searching the heart. Not beforehand.

Can you see how it works?

Well, can you? You don't have to agree with it, and instead believe God has preselected certain souls to be made for Himself and certain souls to be made for the devil, if you want.

I am saying, if God chose to foreknow the inward parts of any soul before making the soul, then He would make the soul accordingly, and thus be partial in the judgement of that soul, and so a respecter of persons:

God commands us not to judge any before the time, when all things are made manifest in our sight, because He chose to do the same: not to judge any soul before the time of His making, when the inward parts of that soul would then be made manifest in His sight, even in the womb.

If God chooses to preknow, preselect, and thus prejudge any soul before the making in the womb, then God is partial in His judgment with souls, according to His own preselection.

Are you saying God must know everything under His power, and all things are under His power, and that God has not power not to know certain things according to His own counsel and will, for the sake of impartiality and righteous judgment of all souls?

In the creating of beings and souls, whether of angels or of men, God has chosen not to be all omniscient in all things, and no man can say God cannot...

14. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Scriptural teaching of God searching a mans HEART, is for mans BENEFIT to KNOW, no man can fool God with a false oath.

The reason for searching is twofold: to know what is in the heart of soul, and to warn souls, that he thus knows what is in their heart, and not just on their lips.

God warns man, that He searches the hearts, so that there are no secrets of man in this life from God.

But then, why warn them by saying He searches the hearts? According to your doctrine, He ought simply to inform them He already knows their thoughts before they ever had a thought, and even before they were ever a soul in the womb.

God is certainly finding for Himself what is in each soul when searching the heart:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

When God is searching, He is discerning: skillfully judging what is there.

God's judgment is by judging the heart, which is by searching the heart: getting right knowledge to know and judge by.

God is not a prejudge before searching and judging the heart and knowing for a certain who is there:

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

God did not forget there was none at that time. He found out there was none by searching at that time.

Scripture is clear God searches that he may know something He does not yet know. It was His choice to create all things in that manner.

Men who know better than God how to be God, disagree with His decision not to know something under His power, because they are blind to how God first loved us: Giving us free will to choose Him or not, but not preknowing and selecting us to do so or not.

15. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Two things must be plainly admitted, in order to believe Calvin's teaching that God has chosen to be all omniscient in all things under His power:

1. God has therefore predetermined to make and judge certain souls fit for destruction, before conception in the womb, and then destroys them out of hand.

God creates evil people that he may destroy evil people.

2. God has not power to choose not to know something under His power.

God has no power of choice like man has, because God cannot have a choice, because to be God, as man says He must be God, He cannot make for Himself that choice.

16. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God cannot make Himself of less omniscience, though He made Himself of no reputation, which is even less than making Himself of less omniscience.

Who says God can and cannot. Go ahead, tell Him all about it.

17. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

I do not know, know about, nor mentioned, nor asked about Calvin.
    Your obsession with Calvin is of no interest to me.

Do not agree with you.
    Scripture does not agree with.
    1 John 3:20.....God knows ALL things.

Your nonsense word ^^.

God created good.
    God created evil.
    God teaches the Difference between good and evil.
    It is mankind’s Freewill to learn the difference between good and evil.
    It is mankind’s Freewill to choose good or choose evil.

God KNOWING what a man WILL choose....BEFORE the man knows what he WILL choose.......IS NOT.......God Choosing FOR THE MAN!

God IS ALL KNOWING.
    God KNOWS what every man WILL choose.
    God HAS PREPARED a place for Every man who WILL choose Him.
    God HAS PREPARED a place for Every man who WILL reject Him.

Did you NOT KNOW, your wife was expecting a child, before it was born?
    Did you NOT PREPARE a place, for you child that was not yet born?

Does that mean YOU “PREPROGRAMED” your child, BEFORE it was born;
    TO DO Good or DO Evil?

Matt 22:
    [14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

Rom 8
    [29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    [30] Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

God KNOWS ALL things.
    God KNOWS what men will Choose BEFORE the man KNOWS.

IF God calls you, and you REJECT Him...THEN you know what God already knew.

IF God calls you, and you REJECT Him...THEN you know WHY God REJECTS you.

IF God calls you, and you ACCEPT Him...THEN you know what God already knew.

IF God calls you, and you ACCEPT Him, THEN you know WHY God ACCEPTS you.

God has GIVEN ALL of Mankind the KNOWLEDGE OF HIM.

IF you do not SEEK God, THEN you know WHY God does not SEEK you.

NOT complicated!
    It does not require your obsession with some guy named Calvin to figure out, it is man’s FREEWILL to Choose to Have a Relationship WITH GOD or NOT, and God WILL have a relationship WITH men WHO CHOOSE Him, and NOT have a relationship WITH men WHO REJECT Him.

18. CadyandZoe

CadyandZoe Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Of course. God is going to wait. But, I don't agree with your interpretation of various passages that seem to suggest that God doesn't know a man's heart until he acts. But putting that aside, you seem to misunderstand the Calvinist's position about judgment. Calvinists do not believe that God judges a man before the final judgement. I am not a Calvinist but I do agree with their interpretation of Romans 9, where Paul argues that God creates vessels of wrath and vessels of mercy. In other words, Paul argues for divine determinism.

I believe in the God of Scripture only.
    Romans 9 is part of scripture. In that passage we come to learn that God is the one who creates hearts; he is the one who hardens hearts; and he is the one who soften hearts.

God creates all souls equally, then chooses for His own purposes the hearts He searches for His faith in them.
    Can you prove that from scripture, that God creates all souls equally?

So you say. I have given my reading of Scripture. If it is in error. Show it.
    I disagree with your interpretation of Ezekiel 28:15. First, you suppose that God is talking about Lucifer, which isn't true. He is talking to the King of Tyre. (verse 12). Second, you suppose that God was surprised by the iniquity that was found as if he didn't know about it in advance. This is an assumption on your part; it's not part of the text. The scripture does NOT say that God was unaware of the man's heart before it was found out.

And Scripture shows me God does not preconceive what a soul will believe and do before being conceived in the womb; otherwise, the liars would be true: "It's not my fault, because God made me this way, before I was ever conceived."
    Your objection is answered in Romans 9:19-24.

Anthropomorphism is making God what man thinks God must be.
    As I use the term, those who anthropomorphize God, ascribe human characteristics to God and speak about God as if he were a man. You argue that God can't know a man's heart prior to an evaluation of the man's fruits. On what basis did you decide that God was limited in this way? Where is your evidence that God can't know a man's heart before the man is tested?

True. Based upon His searching the heart to see the thoughts an intents thereof, even while yet in the womb, but not before.
    I disagree with your interpretation of Romans 9. As I argued earlier, a potter is not like a woman searching for pots in the store. She is limited to the pots that are available at the time. But the potter is only limited by his or her imagination. God is not searching each pot in order to evaluate its quality; he is creating pots with the qualities he intends to give them, and according to the purposes he set for them.

But God is not limited to the creation of "stuff", he creates time also.

Another one of these statements man keeps saying. And where is the Scripture for it? Not that it is wrong, but where is it written? Show me from Scripture, and I'll believe it.
    Consider and study the book of Isaiah and especially Paul's epistle to the Hebrews.

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
    Hebrews 1:1-2

The Greek word translated "worlds" in this context is actually the Greek word for "ages." Look it up. God not only creates the world, he creates the ages.

But again, nothing exists apart from God.

Once again, something sounding great, but in this case false:
    So you think John was in error?

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
    John 1:3

Not only did God create the physical world and the people who live there, he creates moments, situations, circumstances, problems, challenges, troubles, and tests of faith.

Neither did sin exist in the soul because God preordained it to be there for some, and to for others, whom He has pre-elected to be saved, while other not.
    Since we can't know a man's heart before he actually sins, it doesn't follow that sin wasn't there all the time. Even if we must wait until a man sins before we judge him a sinner, it does not follow that God must wait.

God knows what will happen in the future because he knows what Plans he has for it.

What will happen, yes. He has already prophesied the everlasting things.
    I think you would benefit from a study of Isaiah, where God declares that he knows the future because he creates the future.

God does not command His own people not to do, what He has done: God commands us not to prejudge anything before the time, because He has chosen not to do so Himself, before the time of His searching.
    Right. Why does God not judge a man immediately after "discovering" evil within him? The fact that God waits has nothing to do with the discovery process. He waits because he willed that all mankind be judged together at the final judgment.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  19. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Is God Omniscient?
    ^OP

YES God IS Omniscient.

God KNOWING all things is one thing.
    Gods Word TELLING mankind all things, is another thing.

GRACE ambassador likes this.
  20. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God created good. God created evil.

And so, God created the first lie, since He created the first evil, being the only One who can create anything, whether good or evil.

Your God is the true Author of evil lies in heaven and on earth. Sounds a whole lot like the devil to me:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

You need to go back to the drawing board of Scripture with a little common sense, and allow the Spirit of grace and truth to guide you into a different doctrine, that does not accuse the true God of being the Creator of all evil.