1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God Omniscient?

Discussion in 'Bible Study Forum' started by robert derrick, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Spiritual Warrior Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Is God Omniscient?....simple answer yes....
    I am not enjoying this discussion because it is full of twisted truth and deception.
    Your wording in saying God chooses not to be omniscient is extremely misleading and your information you supply in your responses is unrelated to the posts your replying to......
    The Word says He knows all things from beginning to end...
    All means all
    Is God a liar? Did he mean to say all things except what he chooses not to foresee...
    Now there is a dilemma here....how can he choose not to foresee something without seeing what he doesn't want to see?

This teaching of yours is borderline heresy if not total in my opinion....

I am outta this thread....:cool:

Have a blessed day! :)

Taken and friend of like this.
  2. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Heart2Soul Stated differently, God is God.

Heart2Soul likes this.
  3. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

4. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    If God is not omniscient then how would he be able to predict the coming of Jesus in scriptures?

5. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    He is saying God picks and chooses what He wants to see....that's really impossible to conprehend.

farouk likes this.
  6. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Heart2Soul No, I don't find that a Biblical statement, either....

(Only in the sense that sins put away because of the blood of Christ are no longer remembered.....)

Heart2Soul likes this.
  7. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes, He sees the sins until we get saved and then they are covered by Jesus blood.
    After we repent He casts them into the sea of forgetfulness.

farouk likes this.
  8. robert derrick

robert derrick Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    True. You're not God.

Once again, does God Omnipotent have power to choose what to know beforehand, and what not to know beforehand: To limit Himself, to limit His own omniscience by His own counsel for the good of His own creation and plan of eternal future dwelling among only them that choose Him by free will.

How did not God limit Himself, when He made Himself of no reputation?

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

God is telling us, sometimes it is better to not take thought to know beforehand all things, but rather to take thought only for the business of today.

The Father's business and work today and every day that is today, is to search each and every soul to make judgement thereby, whether to save unto life, or to cut off unto death.

All omniscience rejects that necessity of God.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  9. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So, you acknowledge God is not all omniscient in all things ever to be and all things ever that were: By Choice of grace and salvation.

10. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Heart2Soul "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 10.17)

Heart2Soul likes this.
  11. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

It does not properly speaking affect His omniscience.

12. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So then He remembers no more, and no more knows what He once knew: limiting His omniscience for the good of souls, which he has power to certainly do.

Tell you what, since you want to accuse of heresy without refuting anything I've offered, and even must concede God does not all know everything that ever was in the past: Thereby limiting His omniscience of the past, for the sake of the good of souls, then you answer the simple question of how He did not know something about Abraham, until He saw it performed in person.

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Now God knows, seeing Abraham has done this.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  13. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I said “God created evil”, period.

You should TRY Scripture...ACCORDING TO Gods ORDER and WAY.
    TASTE IT....if you don’t like it, spit it out...
    if you do like it....EAT IT!

Isa 45:
    [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil:
    I the LORD do all these things.

Oops, seems “your common sense doctrine IS a different doctrine than Gods”,
    I’ll stick with Gods doctrine! “God created evil”.

14. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    LOL....”you said”

God reveals what He can and can not do.
    Yes God CAN and DOES Make Choices.

But you...eat can your own words.

15. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I’ll stick with Gods doctrine! “God created evil”.

You certainly are stuck alright.

God forbid I should try to unstick you.

16. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

God is telling us that at times and in certain matters He does not take thought for tomorrow. He does not try to know everything ahead of time.

God is a practical God who's work today is to search the hearts and the reigns of each and every soul on earth, not the souls yet to come and to be made by Himself for the womb.

Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

God is speaking of The Life that He is, and The Body, that is His.

Scripture speaks to man in language man can understand, and speaks very plainly and perfectly, that man can understand and know Him.

Scripture does not speak on man's terms. The Bible is not a great book of philosophy on living a better life in this world.

The Life that God teaches to live by, which He does so Himself, includes taking no thought for tomorrow, on who is personally to come, but takes only thought for who is on earth to search out and to judged either unto life, or unto shame.

IF more people would actually practice Scripture and do the word as written, with less theorizing about it's meaning, then they would more perfectly understand the blessing of not trying to foreknow everything in the future, because it is not profitable for today.

God knows perfectly how he has, does, and will ever make any soul: equally. He does not need to know the personal heart and trait of that soul beforehand, in order to search, call, and choose upon conception in and after the womb.

17. Lifelong_sinner

Lifelong_sinner Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    do you really believe you’re saved?? When a person is as far off as you are, i would seriously question your salvation.

18. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    But how would he now the quality of what He chooses to see if He is ot omniscient? He would need to review all things in order to decide what He wants to foreknow.

Yeah, really don't get this thread.

19. robert derrick

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Good question, thanks.

Because the soul of the Word is not made by God, for He is God, and He prophecied perfectly when and what He would do in the world Personally in the flesh:

He came down from heaven Himself to make Himself of no reputation at the fullness of times of His own choosing, and he also by the Spirit made sure He would be called Jesus.

The soul of the Son is the only soul known by God from everlasting and preknown perfectly before coming into the world.

All other souls made of God are made equally, without preordaining their faith of heart, but only preordaining His judgment based upon His search of the heart, and the outcome accordingly, whether to be conformed to the image of His dear Son, or to be a vessel of destruction.

This righteous judgment is made by God after conception in the womb, not before. God does not preselect any soul before searching the heart to discern and rightly judge thereby.

God does not make souls before conception already determined and prejudged for life or destruction: He takes no thought of that until the time of their day to be judged comes on earth.

20. CadyandZoe

CadyandZoe Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Creating evil is not the same thing as doing evil, as Paul the apostle has argued.

Taken likes this.