Is Homosexuality And Christianity, Orthodox And Compatible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 1:24-32KJV
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh dear..what a hard subject.
So many rabbit holes to go down...

Okay, question...my daughter told me of a Church in the States that is for 'them'...born again believers who are NOT practicing homosexuals ...but men ( and I presume women too) who are just not attracted to the opposite sex. So they a Christians alone.
So they cannot marry or have a family unit.
This pastor opened a church for them , so they could have friends and fun , and laugh and pray together in the Lord.

Are they "in sin" if they are just not attracted naturally to opposite sex?
How can they be?
Like any man who is single by choice, as Paul mentioned ...where would be their transgression be?

This is a heavy question...and it is easy to judge when we have the correct normal hormones.
I do not understand them, it makes my head hurt trying to, but I dare not sit in judgement of them.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But...I am the wrong one to answer here, as I am in the minority in believing that King Saul will be in the Kingdom just as Judas will be...and that does not go over very well with the traditional Christians.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But...I am the wrong one to answer here, as I am in the minority in believing that King Saul will be in the Kingdom just as Judas will be...and that does not go over very well with the traditional Christians.

For one, we as Christians have no right to make any judgments about who will be with God and Savior when it's done!! There is only one True Judge, Right! And as far as those that are in Homosexual relationships, How can I Hate them, I can only Hate the act, not the person's. We are to have compassion on all peoples. I do not have to maintain a relationship with them, but I can entreat with kindness, as I would any other person's I meet, in general life activities!

All the OP Scriptures are in fact what God said was to be their judgment, weather those that commit the thin's described, are aware of it or not!!
there is a scripture that makes a statement that goes something like this!- Are those that have not the Law- Do the things in the Law. Basically the people who were not under the Law, by their own way of living had customs that were like the Law, so being ignorant of the wrong one does is going to be hard to prove! For all mankind are given a measure of faith, which also bring's the understanding of right & wrong! WE KNOW, and So Do all others.

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay, question...my daughter told me of a Church in the States that is for 'them'...born again believers who are NOT practicing homosexuals ...but men ( and I presume women too) who are just not attracted to the opposite sex. So they a Christians alone.
This pastor opened a church for them , so they could have friends and fun , and laugh and pray together in the Lord.

How can they be?
Like any man who is single by choice, as Paul mentioned ...where would be their transgression be?

This is a heavy question...and it is easy to judge when we have the correct normal hormones.
I do not understand them, it makes my head hurt trying to, but I dare not sit in judgement of them.
I believe the definition of homosexual and homosexuality is the "Act" of same sex intercourse as is shown in Romans 1:24-32, I fully agree not to be attracted to the opposite sex for whatever reason is not sin whatsoever.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For one, we as Christians have no right to make any judgments about who will be with God and Savior when it's done!! There is only one True Judge, Right! And as far as those that are in Homosexual relationships, How can I Hate them, I can only Hate the act, not the person's. We are to have compassion on all peoples. I do not have to maintain a relationship with them, but I can entreat with kindness, as I would any other person's I meet, in general life activities!

All the OP Scriptures are in fact what God said was to be their judgment, weather those that commit the thin's described, are aware of it or not!!
there is a scripture that makes a statement that goes something like this!- Are those that have not the Law- Do the things in the Law. Basically the people who were not under the Law, by their own way of living had customs that were like the Law, so being ignorant of the wrong one does is going to be hard to prove! For all mankind are given a measure of faith, which also bring's the understanding of right & wrong! WE KNOW, and So Do all others.
I can't say I disagree with you, however you have not directly answered the question, below?

Question: Is Homosexuality And Christianity, Orthodox And Compatible?

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question, he did repent of his actions and the innocent blood of Jesus Christ?

However the question is, do those that commit suicide enter the kingdom, is taking their own life murder?

Matthew 27:3-5KJV
3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However the question is, do those that commit suicide enter the kingdom, is taking their own life murder?

I believe when a Christian commits suicide he/she will enter the Kingdom.
Suicide comes as a result of mental illness.
It's something a person does not want to do unless mentally disturbed.
An illness does not cause a person to lose salvation.

( At least 16 people I knew personally have committed suicide.
But I believe none of them were Christians. At least not that I could tell, but who knows....The Lord knows.)

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't say I disagree with you, however you have not directly answered the question, below?

Question: Is Homosexuality And Christianity, Orthodox And Compatible?

No! homosexuality and Christianity do not MIX! Homosexuality In My Opinion would be UNORTHODOX, Totally against the word Of God, and not at all compatible, I hope that answer is acceptable, For everything that I hold true in my conscience, according to Gods word is My answer. As I said every scripture that you posted is in fact their reward! But that is God and Savior's responsibility, They are the True Judge's.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

I just told you what "I" believe...we will have to wait until The End...to see who has the right of it. :)
Many have him and others "lost" ...I just don't.

Loss of position yes...
.......but that is not for this thread.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don't sell thyself short, for the Lord Jesus said, Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

NOW THIS, Matthew 21:28 "But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.

Matthew 21:29 "He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

Matthew 21:30 "And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

Matthew 21:31 "Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.".

did you get the meaning?. read all scriptures again.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just told you what "I" believe...we will have to wait until The End...to see who has the right of it. :)
Many have him and others "lost" ...I just don't.

I can see your point.

It says that he repented.
If that came out of his heart, we'll know what that means.
He committed suicide, that could be because he suffered severe depression (about what he did to Jesus).

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I met a man on the Desert a couple years ago, He was bad sick, Sclerosis of the Liver and type 2 Hepatitis, they kinda go hand in hand, his liver was damaged by Tylenal, ate it like candy, anyway he went back to New Mexico to be with family, to pass away! well a year and a half later he showed up at our camp, I didn't recognize him, He look great, like a new person. BUT He was always feeling sick, he looked good , but was never feeling well! Said he was going to go to a place where he used to camp, and stay there until winter set in so as to not be able to return, and let himself succumb to the elements! to me that is suicide, so I tried to change his mind, he said he was a believer, his family were all Church people, and then it came to me! what is murder? It is an act that take's premeditation, one contemplates killing another person, it is not an act of rage at the moment, or self defense, that is manslaughter, Murder is premeditated, So if a person contemplates suicide, then they are premeditating their own death, which I would call Self-Murder, Premeditated Self-Murder! IMO
As far as interring the Kingdom ? that's a million dollar question!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How can they be?

I believe that it is those who practice homosexuality that are the ones who are in sin, but since Jesus said to us straight guys that if we lust after a person (male/female) we have already committed fornication in our heart. So I would think the gay community would have to keep their desires in check.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It says in Romans that God gave these people over to practice whatever sexual desire of their heart they wanted since they refused to worship the true God, in accurate knowledge. So isn't it true that people who are the same as these are not compatible?

Reactions: Truth7t7

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey, Barney, are you trying to find excuses for homosexuals?

It's like in the Catholic/Protestant fighting thread: "Catholics killed many. Response: Yes, but Protestants killed more."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I believe the definition of homosexual and homosexuality is the "Act" of same sex intercourse as is shown in Romans 1:24-32
that is what you are supposed to believe i guess, but i can tell you with confidence that actual sex is not the real discussion going on there, just as "prophets gone a'whoring" has nothing to do with prophets having sex with whores. Strictly an analogy, dressed up in a story that allows you to make judgements if you are so inclined
wadr

kit

Mar 20, 2018
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

In the above scripture Ive always noted how "boasters" sits along side "vile affections" and "disobedient to parents" sits along with "Dishonour their own bodies." And I ask if being boastful and being disobedient to parents were, at the time, traits that were considered common to Homosexuals? Is that why they are listed together? I think Homosexuality has been understood differently over time and cultures? In this case it seems to me that Paul is through his words condemning the Roman Empires culture of orgies, decadence and coercion of children. And that people 'possessed' by that culture give in to the hegemonic sins of the Empire. Paul as a Jew would have exposure to the idea of Collective Sin. I sometimes think he has a modicum of compassion for these sinners as a fellow human, but also acknowledges Gods sovereignty to cast aside unrepentant sinners?

Or does this section of Scripture simply highlight how a sin is a sin is a sin? That pride and Homosexuality are equal as sins? And if so, Id have to say that the entire body of Christ is susceptible to many of these sins, while being incredibly vocal about the other half of the sins listed barring someone from Salvation. I read there to be a lot more scripture on economic issues then on those of sexuality. While I know that Homosexuality is a sin, I cant help but note the disparity in the Churches focus on the subject.

Christs highest calling to us is to live as He did. He tells us that celibacy is righteous but too high of a calling for most Matthew 19:10-12. I think that human sexuality is something that - in its entirety - needs to be made new in Christs return?

So to answer the question in the OP; I dont think I have enough of an understanding of if a compatibility is possible or Orthodox. The Orthodox part because I think what Homosexuality exists like is conceived of differently since that writing (i.e. they didnt seek same sex marriage and were most often in hetero marriages). Also, I believe in the possibility of further revelation so would only put partial weight on Orthodoxy. But also because I know my Salvation is true while I confess things from that list such as having been disobedient to parents, envy, I debate frequently, and have lusted. Im just gonna have to keep working on all that, knowing Im saved by grace. I would encourage a Homosexual Christian to do the same.