Is intuition/gut instinct godly?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
What do you think? Is intuition/gut instinct godly? Or is there intuition/gut instinct that is godly and some that is not?Do you follow your intuition/gut instinct?

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Ive always looked at this as sort of a gray area.There are many instances where are intuition is corrupt, as we ourselves are corrupt.But there have been instances where the Holy Spirit has led me through my gut instinct. It is important to ask yourself " is God involved in this" and if you find the answer is yes. Jump right in.

eternalarcadia

Nov 15, 2007
You aren't gonna see gut instinct and intuition listed as a sin anywhere in the bible. But we as Christians shouldn't look in to ourselves for answers or decisions, but look to our Lord Jesus. His decisions will always be pure no matter what, as ours always have the possibility to be affected by sin.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think its often how God speaks to us through our spirit I have had many times this suttle instict has been a blessing in disguise, A feeling you should leave early for work, To find out later you avoided an accident. Many times I have had the feeling I should or should not do something. Not really knowing why but later it turned out the reasons were always for my good its when you dont listen you end up wishing you had. How many times do we hear of someone chaning their travel plans at the last min. only to avoid being on an airplane that crashed or some such thing. I also think mothers often feel this with their children

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(TooInvolved1;53241)
What do you think? Is intuition/gut instinct godly? Or is there intuition/gut instinct that is godly and some that is not?Do you follow your intuition/gut instinct?
Depends where your heart is. If you are loving God will all your mind, all your heart, all your soul, and strength, then you can do whatever you want... and follow your heart.If you aren't loving God with all your mind, heart, soul, and strength, then I do not recommend following your heart.
smile.gif

manichunter

Jun 2, 2008
(TooInvolved1;53241)
No............

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(manichunter;53504)
No............
Hey there, blessings brother (I think brother)
smile.gif
.Psalm 37:4Take delight in the Lord,and he will give you your heart’s desires. If we delight in Him, that is the key. If we are delighting in Him, we can follow our hearts, and He'll guide us. If we aren't delighting in Him, we definitely should NOT follow our heart. God's know where that will lead! :shepard:Of course, the number one factor in delighting in Him is that we will be seeking out His Word. You probaby don't disagree, but I'm just throwing that in there
smile.gif

e. barrett

Jun 6, 2008
I think a lot of time what we would consider our intuition is a reflection of the relationship we have with God. Often when we're about to do something sinful, we know well in advance it's not a good idea. So that's probably not intuition. That's probably more just common sense.
smile.gif