is it a sin to play SMT3N?(IMPORTANT QUESTION, READ ENTIRE THING PLZ)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne, or SMT3N for short, is a game that i played for about 20 minutes and stopped because of heavy occult themes. Right near the start of the game, there's a doomsday cult that wants to destroy the world, and they drew a hexagram along with other satanic symbols on the floor in a room. I've heard that later in the game you get the power to summon demons from the devil and have them fight alongside you. the game agrees with the Bible...in that pagan gods are in fact demons! many of the demons you can summon are actual demons from the Bible and other religions. the occult themes don't stop there, but im not sure what else there is. and also, you rebel against God in this game. It's even worse than SMT4A, where you fight and kill God as the true final boss! should ANYONE play this, let alone a Christian?

McFearless

Nov 16, 2021
Denmark(Copenhagen)
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne, or SMT3N for short, is a game that i played for about 20 minutes and stopped because of heavy occult themes. Right near the start of the game, there's a doomsday cult that wants to destroy the world, and they drew a hexagram along with other satanic symbols on the floor in a room. I've heard that later in the game you get the power to summon demons from the devil and have them fight alongside you. the game agrees with the Bible...in that pagan gods are in fact demons! many of the demons you can summon are actual demons from the Bible and other religions. the occult themes don't stop there, but im not sure what else there is. and also, you rebel against God in this game. It's even worse than SMT4A, where you fight and kill God as the true final boss! should ANYONE play this, let alone a Christian?
It sounds like you answered it for yourself at least. I don’t think I can say that any Christian shouldn’t play it, but it doesn’t sounds like it would appeal to me. We must constantly listen to the spirit within and I think you just felt that healthy unrest for a reason. I don’t know if one can make a general rule regarding the video games, I think that kind of guidance is what the Holy Spirit is for, and it seems like you have ears to listen. Good on you. God bless

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jabre, thanks for telling us about the game. i will be sure and pass that info along to my granddaughter who is a gamer (but not that one. She plays sea of thieves, and Overwatch) She may have friends that are thinking about playing that, and she wll be able to tell them what it is about.