Is it Bad to Crack Your Neck?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I figured I would ask since I tend to do that a lot (no hands involved) without thinking since I spend a lot of time on the computer and I didn't know if it was harmful for my body. (Btw, I do neck exercises too for the record.)

Reactions: Amazed@grace

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,.. I found out last night that it wasn't good to crack my head too much or too hard since I wound up getting a really bad headache and throwing up as an end result. :( I just decided to take more breaks from the computer. Especially when I'm starting to feel really stiff. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,.. I found out last night that it wasn't good to crack my head too much or too hard since I wound up getting a really bad headache and throwing up as an end result. :( I just decided to take more breaks from the computer. Especially when I'm starting to feel really stiff. :)
I think you would benefit from seeing a chiropractor who uses a pro-adjuster and activator. (Less invasive than a manual adjustment.)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I saw that. :) That's why I asked if you have any other symptoms besides those.

Other than the fact I kept sneezing out my marbles so now I don't have any anymore? Nope! :D (I am living proof that God has a sense of humor. He didn't provide me an extra set of marbles or an instruction manual so sorry but I can't even tell you how I work. Only He knows. :p)

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Other than the fact I kept sneezing out my marbles so now I don't have any anymore? Nope! :D (I am living proof that God has a sense of humor. He didn't provide me an extra set of marbles or an instruction manual so sorry but I can't even tell you how I work. Only He knows. :p)
LoL!
Marbels ya say? That 'splains a lot.:p
My marbles are pastel.;)

Maybe give this a look and see if anything rings familiar to how you feel when cracking your neck.
Neck Cracking? 5 Signs it May be a Problem

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, but I'm going to a doctor soon anyways so I was planning on asking him about it. And it's marbles not marvels lol

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posture. Pay attention to how you how you sit and view the screen. It's better to roll your head in circles; I have a defect of the spine which is the source of the pain I live with every day. Amazing what that does for me... the vertebrae of my spinal column shift and crack like a chorus of knuckles! Relieves some pain even if only for a little while.

Muscle spams are source of the stiffness and pain you're experiencing, @April_Rose . These arise from extended periods of poor posture. You can address this by setting an alarm on your phone or computing device --- set it to go off every 30 minutes or so --- which is your cue to get up and indulge in stretching exercises.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Cracking your neck is bad. However, the occasional, unforced cracking is not bad. When you repeatedly crack your neck you will cause pressure to build up around your joints. This pressure build up may cause one of two things: it will cause unwanted cartilage build up or a blood clot.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Cracking your neck is bad. However, the occasional, unforced cracking is not bad. When you repeatedly crack your neck you will cause pressure to build up around your joints. This pressure build up may cause one of two things: it will cause unwanted cartilage build up or a blood clot.

I'll keep that in mind but since I've been taking breaks from the computer I don't have that issue (stiff neck) as much. :) (I still crack my knuckles occasionally though and I wonder if that's the same thing.)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know if it is bad to crack your neck. However, if you think it's bad to crack your neck and you crack it anyway, that would be bad. Lol
I also think that crack would be bad for your neck. :)
I know, I'm bad! I'm a bad boy! Think I'll go boogie on my Strat!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if it is bad to crack your neck. However, if you think it's bad to crack your neck and you crack it anyway, that would be bad. Lol
I also think that crack would be bad for your neck. :)
I know, I'm bad! I'm a bad boy! Think I'll go boogie on my Strat!

LOL how much coffee did you have this morning? :p