Is it ok to resolve your disagreement tomorrow?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ephesians 4:

26 Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger
Is it OK to resolve your disagreement tomorrow?

Yes, it is time to press the reset button when the sun goes down. Replace anger with peace and get some restful sleep. There are always issues that cannot be resolved in a single day.

Jesus informed us in Matthew 6:

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
How do we get rid of the anger and worries before the night?

1 Peter 5:

7 Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
Let God deal with them. Trust God to handle them for you.

Yes, John 16:

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Reactions: amadeus

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Don't let the sun go down on your anger" is something we must do today and now. But yes, we cannot resolve all of our disagreements in a single day. We have to let things go. Over time, some things get less stressful. Good advice.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:

Yes, it is time to press the reset button when the sun goes down. Replace anger with peace and get some restful sleep. There are always issues that cannot be resolved in a single day.

Jesus informed us in Matthew 6:

How do we get rid of the anger and worries before the night?

1 Peter 5:

Let God deal with them. Trust God to handle them for you.

Yes, John 16:

It is good to let things go with a wife before bed, but you have taken this verse out of context and misunderstood it.

Read it very carefully...let NOT the sun go down on your wrath. This isnt talking about your Wife. It speaks of righteous indignation. A looney says absolutely untrue things about the Lord (and many other things)...you try to set him straight on it, but he insults you and your God...Do you let that go and say no more to him when he is clearly wrong. SO we have a duty to say something to those people...let the sun go down upon your wrath...but, sin not!

You make a good point in what you said, but the context of that one verse you have wrong. Otherwise it was a good post. Dont go to sleep angry at your wife.
But if you let people slide in the interest of peace, you have done nothing to stick up for your God. All that evil needs to triumph is for good men to say nothing.

That's why I hand the gay supporters their post back to them with the truth on this site. Some of the things they say...need a good Christian response. For the young or weak christians who dont have much of Gods precepts written on their hearts. So after their God hating/Christian hating posts, you bet I'll post back to them, just for those young christians, so they can read both sides of the story. So they gays dont get the last word.