Is it time for Christians to become more accepting towards muslims in politics?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This thread is about how much conservative Christians verbally attack muslims in politics, and the funny part about it, is in today's day and age, there are many muslims who have more morals than Christians, which we saw displayed in the same-sex marriage postal vote in Australia, most of the electorates that voted no, were muslim areas, they may not have been majority muslim areas, but that's where most of the muslim population lives in Australia, so the point here is, we saw more Muslims defending real marriage more than Christians, and by looking at muslim countries around the world, they have better laws in protecting marriage, and i would think they got tougher abortion laws, or even might be illegal and euthanasia would be illegal in them countries as well, correct me if I'm wrong, I only really did a quick google search on Muslim's positions on euthanasia and abortion, but most us probably know that Muslims are strongly against homosexuality, but some of the Christian churches were split 50/50 on same sex marriage. Now the question here is, is it time that conservative Christian political movement stepped down their attack on Muslims? because they agree on a number of moral issues, which could increase their chances of getting into parliament and staying in parliament, and making the law tougher for immoral acts to be legalized, in countries which have not already been ruined with the rise of immorality. My thoughts are, I think it is time true conservative Christians became more accepting towards Muslims. Because more and more shallow Christians are falling for the extreme left and as a result these immoral laws get passed, hopefully i'm not offending anyone here, sorry if I am, but I am simply speaking the truth.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts are, I think it is time true conservative Christians became more accepting towards Muslims.

Everyday christians are murdered by muslims simply because they are christian. Every year thousands of christians are beheaded simply because they are christian. Small christian children who refuse to convert to Islam are beheaded, their bodies thrown out into the streets and their heads stuck on poles as a witness to show what happens to those who defy Islam.

Homosexuals are routinely murdered simply because they are gay. Their hands and feet bound, they are thrown from the tops of high buildings. Many are stoned or stomped to death simply because they are gay.

Women who are the victims of rape are hanged or stoned to death. Some are simply shot in the head or beheaded. Some women are killed simply for exposing their face.

These acts aren't committed by extremists. They are committed by ordinary muslims who view their actions as a fulfillment of the commands set forth in their holy Quran.

I can't see myself supporting such behavior.

But that's just me...

default_sad030.gif

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have christians who are just as fanatical, and governments who have done far worse, we are living the end times, now we just have to watch all the pain as teh woman gives birth, who knows how much worse it will get, we havnt yet seeing the worst of mankind, its coming.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that so-called liberal Christians need to step away from the dark side and embrace Biblical Christianity, but I strongly disagree that we need to be more accepting of the adherents of a false religion in politics. That’s like inviting a horde of foxes into the chicken coop. Ill-advised to say the least.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry the OP was a bit messy as we were going to Church, so i didn't have too much time to type it, I do not support the interfaith movement in anyway, that stuff is in a mess, the way I see it, it's like an insult to God when many different religions worship in one place, and it just gets all twisted and muddled up, they ruined some of the hospital chaplaincies in Australia by doing that interfaith stuff.

Now lets get to the main point.

The point here is there are morals that Christians and Muslims agree with, the main differences are, we have Jesus and they don't, we are under a covenant of grace and they are an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, but when it comes to marriage, euthanasia, modesty, we can find some agreement in those areas, where as the atheistic left, where's the agreement with them? So if there was a new movement of strong Christians to rise in politics that are more graceful towards Muslims, you know "just maybe," some of that garbage that they are going on about in parliaments in the western world may be reversed, and maybe there will be more religious protection for holding those basic moral views, and we don't have to relax laws on borders and stuff, muslim extremist aren't the only reasons to have tough border laws, there's overpopulation, foreigners driving up house prices, the illegal drug trade, dangerous weapons, the trading of stolen goods, there are many reasons to have tough border laws, we don't have to change laws to allow extreme muslim practices, it's more about having a Jesus attitude towards Muslims, like hey brother Jesus loves you, not going on about how hateful muslims are, blah, blah, blah.

You know when you look at muslim countries around the world, there are many muslims in them countries leaving Islam and turning to Jesus and becoming a Christian, muslims are more open to the gospel than atheists, and that's like the supernatural shift we are seeing in this world at the moment, while the west goes tearing moral policies and Jesus stuff up, people in these 3rd world countries are coming to Jesus. So I think we should be more open and loving towards muslims, sharing the gospel of Jesus with them instead of name calling, being so harsh on them, and singling them out. At the moment, the main threat in the western world, is the silent uprising and verbal uprising, a bit of both, of the atheist movement, if this keeps going we could see countries like America and Australia turned into atheistic states, like back when Russia was in the early 1900s, mid 1900s or whenever that was. God has to do a major work to make atheists more open to the gospel, but he is already doing a big work in opening muslims hearts up to gospel, and them turning to Jesus, many turn to Jesus everyday in those African, Middle Eastern countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: pastor marty

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This thread is about how much conservative Christians verbally attack muslims in politics, and the funny part about it, is in today's day and age, there are many muslims who have more morals than Christians, which we saw displayed in the same-sex marriage postal vote in Australia, most of the electorates that voted no, were muslim areas, they may not have been majority muslim areas, but that's where most of the muslim population lives in Australia, so the point here is, we saw more Muslims defending real marriage more than Christians, and by looking at muslim countries around the world, they have better laws in protecting marriage, and i would think they got tougher abortion laws, or even might be illegal and euthanasia would be illegal in them countries as well, correct me if I'm wrong, I only really did a quick google search on Muslim's positions on euthanasia and abortion, but most us probably know that Muslims are strongly against homosexuality, but some of the Christian churches were split 50/50 on same sex marriage. Now the question here is, is it time that conservative Christian political movement stepped down their attack on Muslims? because they agree on a number of moral issues, which could increase their chances of getting into parliament and staying in parliament, and making the law tougher for immoral acts to be legalized, in countries which have not already been ruined with the rise of immorality. My thoughts are, I think it is time true conservative Christians became more accepting towards Muslims. Because more and more shallow Christians are falling for the extreme left and as a result these immoral laws get passed, hopefully i'm not offending anyone here, sorry if I am, but I am simply speaking the truth.

Josho,

Please remember that most Australians (and I'm an Aussie) are secular, not Christian. We don't live in a Christian country anymore. It's a Christianised country with many laws, including the Westminster system of govt, coming from a Christian framework.

I agree with you that the Muslim communities in this country were/are strong opponents of homosexual marriage.

I wouldn't be so brave as to say that the Christian churches are split 50/50 on same-sex marriage. My observation is that the churches are divided: (1) Against homosexual marriage (evangelical Christians & that includes Pentecostals); (2) Pro-homosexual marriage (liberal churches). For example, the evangelical Anglican diocese of Sydney donated $1million to the 'No' case. However, there are examples where liberal Anglicans supported homosexual marriage.

In Australia, it's important to remember that this was a voluntary postal vote. Of those eligible to vote, 79.5% voted and of that percentage 61.6% voted 'Yes' to same-sex marriage. See: Australia just overwhelmingly voted in favor of same-sex marriage (Nov 14, 2017, Vox).

That means that 48.97% of eligible Aussie voters supported same-sex marriage.

A similar result happened in Ireland where 62.07% of the people who voted supported same-sex marriage. However, only 60.52% of eligible voters turned out to vote (source). That means 37.56% of Irish voters supported same-sex marriage. That's hardly a majority.

However, there were so many corporate and small business sponsors in Australia that backed the 'Yes' campaign that advertising money was flowing into that campaign big time.

As for Christians working with Muslims in areas of agreement, why don't you read what the late Francis Schaeffer and others have written about being co-belligerents? I will be a co-belligerent with Muslims who oppose same-sex marriage. This does not mean I compromise with them in regard to differences in our theology. There's a radical difference between being a co-belligerent and a person who is into compromise.

Jun 27, 2017

COBELLIGERENTS, NOT ALLIES:
"Christians must realize that there is a difference between being a cobelligerent and an ally. At times we will seem to be saying exactly the same thing as those without a Christian base are saying. If there is social injustice, say there is social injustice. If we need order, say we need order. In these cases, and at these specific points, we would be cobelligerents. But we must not align ourselves as though we are in any camp built on a non-Christian base. We are an ally of no such camp."

~ Dr. Francis Schaeffer, The Church at the End of the 20th Century (source)​

Oz

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must be really hateful and mean spirited because I don't understand the reasoning behind wanting to embrace a people whose ultimate goal is world dominance and killing everyone who is not like them...namely christians.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
we saw more Muslims defending real marriage more than Christians,
i'd be examining this definition of "real marriage" too btw. After all, "real marriage" does not require State intervention, and there is a concept called "legal marriage" that is what you might actually be fighting against here

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
in countries which have not already been ruined with the rise of immorality.
the more laws, the more immorality, as Prohibition plainly teaches imo.
Because more and more shallow Christians are falling for the extreme left and as a result these immoral laws get passed
a big amen from me lol, the only thing worse i could think of would be the extreme right, passing moral laws

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
if we hadn't oppressed gays, who just wanted the same rights you have, we wouldn't be at this juncture anyway.
God does not recognize Marriage Certificates, except as legally binding imo. So what i am seeing here is that the worst aspects of Islam will be embraced, and the best will be condemned, just like we have done with Christianity

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As for Christians working with Muslims in areas of agreement, why don't you read what the late Francis Schaeffer and others have written about being co-belligerents? I will be a co-belligerent with Muslims who oppose same-sex marriage.
better yet might be to recognize that legal marriage is not spiritual marriage, and oppressing gays is the reason you are at this juncture anyway. Gays were driven to legal marriage, by Fundies, the very thing they did not want to happen, iow.
This does not mean I compromise with them in regard to differences in our theology.
that's prolly for the best, being as how a practicing Muslim would basically embarrass us as Christians lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I must be really hateful and mean spirited because I don't understand the reasoning behind wanting to embrace a people whose ultimate goal is world dominance and killing everyone who is not like them...namely christians.
well, imo all Christians are not bent upon world dominance; just the ones in power i guess, plus their congregations...ahem

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Then I too am mean and ugly also.
I don't read anywhere where God says join with those who hate and persecute you. OR 'become one of them.'
It says 44 " But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." That could include Hitler...but we were not told to tolerate or accept his "doings". If I had one...I could pray for and bless the murderer next door...but that does not mean I would trust him or tolerate what he is doing.

That is how I see this issue. We are fools if we allow the hornets to build a nest in our living rooms.