Is Jesus 100% man and 100% God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justbodg wrote in part...

"I have heard of this 100% man and 100% God before. I don’t know where it originated, but it sounds like Jesus is the only 200% person. You cannot have 100% 2x if Jesus is 100% man. Because then he would have to be 0% God. And if he's 100% God. Then he would have to be 0% man."

The orthodox doctrine of the Trinity is that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and the three of them are co-equal, co-eternal, and share the same essence and together those three individual “Persons” are one triune God. The doctrine of the Trinity that Jesus is both 100% God and 100% man and that both the divine nature and his human nature live together in his flesh body is widely believed. Trinitarians who hold to the “classic” definition of the Trinity say Jesus was 100% God and 100% man while on the earth believe differently from Kenotic Trinitarians who believe Jesus set aside his godhood while he was a man on the earth.

My question is this: has there ever been any other concept in the history of mankind that was able to use the math and science that God created to ever speak about anything being 100% and also 100% of something else.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"I have heard of this 100% man and 100% God before. I don’t know where it originated, but it sounds like Jesus is the only 200% person. You cannot have 100% 2x if Jesus is 100% man. Because then he would have to be 0% God. And if he's 100% God. Then he would have to be 0% man."

The orthodox doctrine of the Trinity is that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and the three of them are co-equal, co-eternal, and share the same essence and together those three individual “Persons” are one triune God. The doctrine of the Trinity that Jesus is both 100% God and 100% man and that both the divine nature and his human nature live together in his flesh body is widely believed. Trinitarians who hold to the “classic” definition of the Trinity say Jesus was 100% God and 100% man while on the earth believe differently from Kenotic Trinitarians who believe Jesus set aside his godhood while he was a man on the earth.

My question is this: has there ever been any other concept in the history of mankind that was able to use the math and science that God created to ever speak about anything being 100% and also 100% of something else.
The confusion is the component of Time.

With mankind, in that timely perspective, this issue and question is an issue. But without that timely perspective, but rather from the timeless perspective of God who is the same within and also outside of Time--there is no issue.

In fact everything within Time is also "of God." There is no difference with God. The only difference therefore--is only the difference of men who do not understand.

I submit...that because these things are all "of God", that the explanation is rather that God--for a time (actually "a time, times, and half a time") acted and was and is beside Himself. Christ is just God being beside Himself (even in tears and greatly grieved). Thus, the idea that Jesus sits beside the Father in that Godly throne, at the same time the scriptures say "beside me there is no god", and yet seemingly being two the scriptures also say they are One.

Are we not created in His image, and can we not also be beside ourselves for a time--the lessor of our own self? And if we can, how much easier for God who is all the more grand? Therefore, I also submit that whoever cannot imagine themselves being in such a state--has denied themselves, and also God.

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is of the spiritual realm, man can't understand this. I can show you where it originated, and I can explain it to you, but I can convince you of nothing, that is the work of the Lord to open your eyes, if it is possible for your eyes to be opened!

Phil. 2:5-11
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

If you don't believe that Jesus Christ is God, then don't ever expect to understand this, The truth is, Jesus Christ became man to deliver us from our sins. Let me explain why He had to become man.

Lev. 17:11
"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

God demands the blood of man for his sins! Here in this verse is the explanation of why Christ/God had to become man. He came to shed His blood in our place!

The blood that God has given on the alter is the blood of animals that represents the blood Christ would shed for us. This is why the Sacrificial System of Law of Moses was initiated.

Man's sin is in the flesh, and that sin must be paid in the flesh. The purpose of Christ becoming man!

I can explain in much more detail, but what advantage will that give us if we can't get as far as Christ being God? It will profit us nothing! I will be speaking into the wind!

Reactions: marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is of the spiritual realm, man can't understand this. I can show you where it originated, and I can explain it to you, but I can convince you of nothing, that is the work of the Lord to open your eyes, if it is possible for your eyes to be opened!

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

If you don't believe that Jesus Christ is God, then don't ever expect to understand this, The truth is, Jesus Christ became man to deliver us from our sins. Let me explain why He had to become man.

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

God demands the blood of man for his sins! Here in this verse is the explanation of why Christ/God had to become man. He came to shed His blood in our place!

The blood that God has given on the alter is the blood of animals that represents the blood Christ would shed for us. This is why the Sacrificial System of Law of Moses was initiated.

Man's sin is in the flesh, and that sin must be paid in the flesh. The purpose of Christ becoming man!

I can explain in much more detail, but what advantage will that give us if we can't get as far as Christ being God? It will profit us nothing! I will be speaking into the wind!

I always thought mans mathematical 200% was silly.
Angels are created spirits, with the power to appear AS a man, be seen AS a man, be CALLED a man.

Quite simply, I believe God has More Power than His own created angels, in that EVEN God Himself can appear, AS a man, be seen AS a man, be CALLED a man, YET God never changes, He is Spirit.

Being found in the fashion AS a man...Phil 5:8
God purposed IN Himself...Eph 1:9
Took upon himself the seed of Abraham...Heb 2:16
He WOULD BE “A” Son to God....Heb 1:5
God WOULD BE “A” Father to Him....Heb 1:5

Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no need for any other concept to correspond to the unique nature of Christ. Who is in fact 100% God and 100% sinless Man. Only God could design a Savior who would be the God-Man in order to die for our sins and rise again for our justification. And unless you believe that this is 100% true, to cannot be saved.

Reactions: dhh712

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always thought mans mathematical 200% was silly.
Angels are created spirits, with the power to appear AS a man, be seen AS a man, be CALLED a man.

Quite simply, I believe God has More Power than His own created angels, in that EVEN God Himself can appear, AS a man, be seen AS a man, be CALLED a man, YET God never changes, He is Spirit.

Being found in the fashion AS a man...Phil 5:8
God purposed IN Himself...Eph 1:9
Took upon himself the seed of Abraham...Heb 2:16
He WOULD BE “A” Son to God....Heb 1:5
God WOULD BE “A” Father to Him....Heb 1:5

Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient

Christ was declared the Son of God in His humanity. Before He became man he was in the form of the Father, before the foundation of the world. He was in fact God. The Triune God that no man can understand.

He will forever more be both Man and God in His existence.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ was declared the Son of God in His humanity. Before He became man he was in the form of the Father, before the foundation of the world. He was in fact God. The Triune God that no man can understand.

He will forever more be both Man and God in His existence.

Actually Jesus was Declared the Son of God, the moment John raised Him Up from the water, and a Voice said, This is my Son, today I begat Him....(paraphrased)....

And....remember....Jesus IS the Word of God...yet the Voice of God speaking was from Heaven?

Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient...God does not Change.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, to refine your question, the claim involves achieving simultaneously, mutually exclusive conditions.

I am simultaneously achieving many inclusive things 100%: husband, father, grandfather, neighbor, cousin, brother, son, boss, subordinate, etc. In another thread, I pointed out that trinitarianism rests of mystical dualism, the principal of jettisoning logic and holding simultaneously, mutually exclusive conditions.

Math and science rest on logic. So, it is clear trinitarians use the language of math and science while ALSO rejecting the fundamental principle upon which they are based. For instance, you can be 100% IN and 100% OUT under the condition of evaluating your location at different times. Trinitarianism pushes beyond the bounds logic dictates. They claim that at the same time you can be 100% IN the same reference you are 100% OUT.

The only application of this I know is called the greatest mysteries of quantum mechanics, The Logic-Defying Double-Slit Experiment regarding waves.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Jesus was Declared the Son of God, the moment John raised Him Up from the water, and a Voice said, This is my Son, today I begat Him....(paraphrased)....

And....remember....Jesus IS the Word of God...yet the Voice of God speaking was from Heaven?

Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient...God does not Change.

Jesus became literally the Son of God the instant He was born. It is in His humanity that He is the Son of God.

He was God before He became man, and now He is both God and Man. His is the Son of God in His humanity/God in the flesh, and He is God in the Spirit, in one existence. He is the God Man!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture limits Jesus 'in his humanity' to being the son of God.

What do you suppose happened when Christ who was with the Father before the foundation of the world, from His own words, made Himself of no reputation, but humbled Himself to the will of the Father and became man?

I thought so, you have no idea! And neither does any other man who has ever lived on this earth other than Christ Himself.

From this Scripture we dabble into the unknown and come to the conclusion that Christ was with Father and was Deity in infinity past.

He became man to redeem us from our sins! And we determine from this that only Deity could possibly undertake such a task.

If you choose to not agree, that's fine, no jewels lost in your crowns, only an extra treat for you when you meet Him!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus became literally the Son of God the instant He was born. It is in His humanity that He is the Son of God.

He was God before He became man, and now He is both God and Man. His is the Son of God in His humanity/God in the flesh, and He is God in the Spirit, in one existence. He is the God Man!

Mal 3:
[6] For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Gods Order...

Luke 12:
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Acts 13:
[33] God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Reactions: Charlie24

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, to refine your question, the claim involves achieving simultaneously, mutually exclusive conditions.

I am simultaneously achieving many inclusive things 100%: husband, father, grandfather, neighbor, cousin, brother, son, boss, subordinate, etc. In another thread, I pointed out that trinitarianism rests of mystical dualism, the principal of jettisoning logic and holding simultaneously, mutually exclusive conditions.

Math and science rest on logic. So, it is clear trinitarians use the language of math and science while ALSO rejecting the fundamental principle upon which they are based. For instance, you can be 100% IN and 100% OUT under the condition of evaluating your location at different times. Trinitarianism pushes beyond the bounds logic dictates. They claim that at the same time you can be 100% IN the same reference you are 100% OUT.

The only application of this I know is called the greatest mysteries of quantum mechanics, The Logic-Defying Double-Slit Experiment regarding waves.

Will you also say that you are 100% heart, brain, skin, and teeth? Or perhaps you know of someone who is both 100% horse and 100% chicken?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no need for any other concept to correspond to the unique nature of Christ. Who is in fact 100% God and 100% sinless Man. Only God could design a Savior who would be the God-Man in order to die for our sins and rise again for our justification. And unless you believe that this is 100% true, to cannot be saved.

I am going to put you down as a no. That you do not know of any other concept in the history of mankind that was able to use the math and science that God created to ever speak about anything being 100% and also 100% of something else.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will put you down as a no answer. That you have no knowledge of anything being 100% and also 100% of something else.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The confusion is the component of Time.

With mankind, in that timely perspective, this issue and question is an issue. But without that timely perspective, but rather from the timeless perspective of God who is the same within and also outside of Time--there is no issue.

In fact everything within Time is also "of God." There is no difference with God. The only difference therefore--is only the difference of men who do not understand.

I submit...that because these things are all "of God", that the explanation is rather that God--for a time (actually "a time, times, and half a time") acted and was and is beside Himself. Christ is just God being beside Himself (even in tears and greatly grieved). Thus, the idea that Jesus sits beside the Father in that Godly throne, at the same time the scriptures say "beside me there is no god", and yet seemingly being two the scriptures also say they are One.

Are we not created in His image, and can we not also be beside ourselves for a time--the lessor of our own self? And if we can, how much easier for God who is all the more grand? Therefore, I also submit that whoever cannot imagine themselves being in such a state--has denied themselves, and also God.

There are many good Christians who believe God is Almighty in such a way that He lives in a hyper-dimensional-universe and moves through them. Folks believe it's been proven mathematically that God can exist in a 6 dimensional-hyper-space that would allow Him to walk through walls and any other solid object in our 3-dimensional world. They also talk about the mathematics of 10/11 dimensions that implies how God can be everywhere at once and all powerful and all knowing. Now that hyper-dimensional-universe may be true. But what seems pretty darn clear to me is that such thinking puts God outside of my reach. Knowing God probably interacts with me within the same boundaries He set up for me to function in has brought my relationship with Him closer.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will put you down as a no answer. That you have no knowledge of anything being 100% and also 100% of something else.

I would say that makes Christ exclusive, unlike anything man has ever known.

I like that, my Saviour is for sure unlike anything or anyone I have ever known.

Your argument could be used as a case for the Trinity!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that makes Christ exclusive, unlike anything man has ever known.

I like that, my Saviour is for sure unlike anything or anyone I have ever known.

Your argument could be used as a case for the Trinity!

There are problems with that such as there is no single verse that says Jesus was both God and man.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus 100% man and 100% God
OP^

** Is? Was? As?

** What “KIND” of “man” ?

1 Cor 15:
[
40] There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

** What “LIFE” is terrestrial “manKIND” of body Created “with”?

BLOOD

Gen 9:
[5] And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

** Is God Spirit? Yes.
** Does God have a Body? Yes.
** Is Gods Body Physical? No.
** Does Gods Body HAVE BLOOD? No.
** Can SPIRITS take upon them the Form (Body) AS a Terrestrial man? Yes.
** Are angels spirits? Yes.

Heb 13:
[
2] Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

** Where DID Jesus come FROM?

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

John 19:
[
28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

** In what BODY DID Jesus Come to Earth?

Heb 10:
[
5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Phil 2:
[
8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Rom.8

[3] For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Phil.2
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

John 19:
[34] But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

** Do Human men CALL THINGS, as THINGS APPEAR to their Human EYES? Yes.

** The WISDOM, IS KNOWING What HUMAN EYES SEE, IS NOT WHAT IS.

** The WISDOM, IS KNOWING...what IS means, what AS means.

** A terrestrial man, IS a form, called a body, CREATED from Dust of the Earth.

** A terrestrial man, IS Created AND THEN Made in the LIKENESS of God, WHEN God Blows A SOUL with GODS SPIRITUAL BREATH OF LIFE, INTO the mans nostrils.

Gen 2:

[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Gen 7:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

ManKIND was CREATED with BLOOD, it’s LIFE.
ManKIND was MADE alive, given a SOUL, with Gods Breath of LIFE.

Gods Word comes forth out from Gods Mouth.
Gods Word has come forth out from Gods Mouth, since the beginning of Gods Creation...(Gen 1:3 [3] And God said..)
** 2,000 + years ago, Gods Word came forth out from Gods Mouth, in the LIKENESS AS (Flesh & Blood) a Jewish Terrestrial man, IN a body God PREPARED, OF Gods Sacrificial LAMB, FOR the “forgiveness AND life” OF the Terrestrial World of ManKIND....AND said...
Call Him...JESUS.

** The WISDOM...a body prepared for Gods Word.
PURE BLOOD LIFE, to be Given FOR a mans FORGIVENESS.
FLESH, to be Given unto DEATH FOR a mans TO BE MADE,
SPIRITUALLY ALIVE.

** An OFFERING of God, ANY man CAN FREELY ACCEPT, (according TO Gods Order and Way TO ACCEPT)..or REJECT.

HOW IS JESUS, 100% a Terrestrial MAN, when 2,000 + Years AGO, HIS Godly Prepared BODY, came FROM Heaven, and His Godly Heavenly prepared PURE BLOOD, was spilled forth OUT from Him, onto the Ground?

Human Body’s of man, come forth OUT of the Dust of the Earth.
Gods Word came forth OUT from Gods Mouth, and was entered into a BODY, Gods Prepared, IN THE LIKENESS “AS” a human mans body.

IS..............am, be, are
AS.............like, similar

Jesus appeared....AS....a “human” bodily formed man.
Saved men shall appear....AS....”spiritual” bodily formed men.

God Does not become a Created man.
Man Does not become God.

God Came to human men; AS human mans LIKENESS.
Men shall Come to God: AS spiritual men’s LIKENESS.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justbodg wrote in part

"I have heard of this 100% man and 100% God before. I don’t know where it originated,
but it sounds like Jesus is the only 200% person. You cannot have 100% 2x if Jesus is
100% man. Because then he would have to be 0% God. And if he's 100% God. Then he
would have to be 0% man."

John 1:1-3, John 1:14, and 1 Corinthians 15:45-47 strongly suggest that
Christ exists as a spirit being and a material being simultaneously. How an
existence like that is even remotely possible, I honestly don't know. It's one
of Christianity's many supernatural elements that Jesus' followers have to
take on blind faith; so to speak.

Faith is believin' what you know ain't so.

(Mark Twain)
_

Status
Not open for further replies.