1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Jesus God Incarnate?

Discussion in 'Bible Study Forum' started by Soul, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Soul

Soul Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος." (Jn. 1:1)

"...the Word was God" (Jn. 1:1)

"Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν, καὶ ἐθεασάμεθα τὴν δόξαν αὐτοῦ, δόξαν ὡς μονογενοῦς παρὰ πατρός, πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας." (Jn. 1:14)

"...the Word was made flesh [Jesus] and dwelt among us" (Jn. 1:14)

"εἶπεν αὐτοῖς Ἰησοῦς, Ἀμὴν ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν, πρὶν Ἀβραὰμ γενέσθαι ἐγὼ εἰμί." (Jn. 8:58)

"Jesus said to them ... before Abraham was made, I am" (Jn. 8:58, cf. Ex. 3:14)

"κἀγὼ δέ σοι λέγω ὅτι σὺ εἶ Πέτρος, καὶ ἐπὶ ταύτῃ τῇ πέτρᾳ οἰκοδομήσω μου τὴν ἐκκλησίαν καὶ πύλαι ᾅδου οὐ κατισχύσουσιν αὐτῆς." (Mt. 16:18)

"...I [Jesus] will build my church" (Mt. 16:18)

"προσέχετε ἑαυτοῖς καὶ παντὶ τῷ ποιμνίῳ, ἐν ᾧ ὑμᾶς τὸ πνεῦμα τὸ ἅγιον ἔθετο ἐπισκόπους ποιμαίνειν τὴν ἐκκλησίαν τοῦ θεοῦ, ἣν περιεποιήσατο διὰ τοῦ αἵματος τοῦ ἰδίου." (Ac. 20:28)

"...the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood" (Ac. 20:28)

God purchased His Church with His own blood, yet God, the Father, is Spirit (Jn. 4:24) and thus has no blood. This was accomplished through the incarnation:

"καὶ ἀποκριθεὶς ὁ ἄγγελος εἶπεν αὐτῇ, Πνεῦμα ἅγιον ἐπελεύσεται ἐπὶ σὲ καὶ δύναμις ὑψίστου ἐπισκιάσει σοι· διὸ καὶ τὸ γεννώμενον ἅγιον κληθήσεται υἱὸς θεοῦ." (Lk. 1:35)

"...the Holy which shall be born of thee [Mary of Joseph]" (Lk. 1:35)

"Οἱ ἄνδρες, ἀγαπᾶτε τὰς γυναῖκας, καθὼς καὶ ὁ Χριστὸς ἠγάπησεν τὴν ἐκκλησίαν καὶ ἑαυτὸν παρέδωκεν ὑπὲρ αὐτῆς," (Ep. 5:25)

"...Christ [Jesus] (the Holy) ... delivered [sacrificed] himself up for it [the Church]" (Ep. 5:25)

Jesus is God Incarnate.

2. Soul

Soul Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The verses in the OP are just a few of the many in Scripture that reveal this truth.

Cassandra, charity, Davy and 2 others like this.
  3. post

post Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    amen

In fact anyone denying the divinity of Christ is in pretty dire straights..

John 8:24
    if you do not believe that I AM you will die in your sins.

Cassandra, Nancy and Soul like this.
  4. Ronald Nolette

Ronald Nolette Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

YUP!!

1 Timothy 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

5. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why is this all dependent on belief? Why is it so important to God that we believe?Why is the spiritual realm Keep secret? Why does God hide from us? Sorry I didn’t mean to hi jack the thread it just sent me on a deep thought spiral.

Nancy likes this.
  6. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    There is absolutely no doubt that Jesus is God. He is God the Word (also called God the Son or the Son of God). See Hebrews 1:8,9. No mere man could die for the sins of the whole world.

7. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Because we are to believe "IN" and "ON" the Lord Jesus Christ. If He is not God, then there is no salvation through Him. And if we do not believe this, then we are still infidels.

TEXBOW, amigo de christo and Mantis like this.
  8. BroRando

BroRando Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No. The true God Jehovah sent his only begotten Son, his kinfolk, his blood line that came through King David.

Jesus Christ taught, "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. For God did not send his Son into the world for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him." (John 3:16-17)

9. GRACE ambassador

GRACE ambassador Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Cassandra, charity and Soul like this.
  10. Soul

Soul Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God the Father is a Spirit (Jn. 4:24) and thus has no blood, meaning neither does He share a bloodline with man or beast. Yet, He purchased His Church with His own blood (Ac. 20:28). This was accomplished through the incarnation:

"...the Holy which shall be born" (Lk. 1:35)
    "...I [Jesus] (the Holy) will build my church" (Mt. 16:18)
    "...Christ [Jesus] (the Holy) ... delivered [sacrificed] himself up for it [the Church]" (Ep. 5:25)

Jesus, the Son of God, is God Incarnate. His human bloodline to King David is through, for example, being born of this kings' descendant: Mary of Joseph.

11. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It’s a test.

God gives us faith when we hear the word, Romans 10:17, His spirit convicts us of the truth and draws us to receive Jesus per John 1:12 and become a child of God - or we can use our freewill to resist the Holy Spirit and reject Jesus, as His own elect Israelites, whom He came for did, and reject Him, John 1:11.

At the same time Satan tries to steal the word from your heart r so you won’t believe, Luke 8:12, and even when you do believe, tests you and tries to make you only believe for a while, then fall away, Luke 8:13.

God wants those in heaven who pass the test, and overcome Satan and believe.

12. BroRando

BroRando Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    If Jesus is God Incarnate in the Flesh, then who made this statement?

Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

13. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Is Jesus God Incarnate?
    OP^

Short answer...YES.

Understanding the answer...
    Incarnate is "embodied in flesh".
    Body is "a form".
    A Body that has Flesh, is incarnate.
    A Body, that has Flesh, called an earthly man, has a particular KIND of Bodily shape and particular KIND of flesh.

All body's are NOT the same KIND of Body.
    All flesh is NOT the same KIND of Flesh.

Spirits, eternal, as is God and created spirits, as are angels...HAVE the POWER and Ability to ... APPEAR in the shape, form, Body, with flesh IN THE "LIKENESS" as an Earthly man.

God IS Spirit.
    The Lord Jesus IS the Same Yesterday, Today, For ever.

Lord God DOES NOT CHANGE.
    The Lord APPEARED to men, in the "LIKENESS" as "an earthly man".

Does that MAKE the Lord "an Earthly man, created out of the Earth?" No.
    (Unless you are Catholic, then the Lord is a freakish mathematical equasion, 100% spirit and 100% human).

Begin with the TRUTH...

Mal 3:
    [
    6] For I am the LORD, I change not..

Heb 13:
    [8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday , and to day, and for ever.

Understand the FACTS...
    God is ALL Powerful.
    God is UNSEEN.
    God Can and Does APPEAR to the Eyes of men, IN A FASHION, IN A LIKENESS, men can See and Understand, they ARE in the Presense of God.

Yes the Lord God, for thousands of years has APPEARED TO earthly men IN the LIKENESS of men.

In what God called "these last days", God APPEARED TO earthly men Some 2,000+ years ago, in the LIKENESS of a man, a particular man, of Jewish Race resemblance, calling that LIKENESS, by a Name (JESUS), God Established and Title (Son of God.) that God Established.

Heb 1:
    [
    2a] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son...

Heb 1:
    [2b] whom he hath appointed heir of all things,

Heb 1:
    [2c] by whom also he made the worlds;

^ a Golden nugget of knowledge...
    * the Creator and Maker of ALL things, IS NOT the Created.
    * Human Earthly men ARE created.
    * Jesus IS NOT an Earthly Created Human man.

The Heavenly God is SO EXPRESSLY COMPLETELY HOLY....nothing whatsoever
    Can DEFILE Him.
    A human man CAN NOT directly See God, Hear God, Touch God, Smell God...
    Or EVEN SAY His Hidden Holy Name...Or EVEN ENTER His Hidden Heaven ABOVE the Heavens.

Gods WAY, of His own Design, of His own Pleasure, of His own Manner...has freely given mankind, All knowledge necessary TO KNOW God, without defiling Gods absolute Perfect Holiness.

God, what is your Name? Which god are you? Let me SEE you..Tell me, Show me.

EX 3:
    [14] And God said... I AM THAT I AM...

Yes; Jesus IS God in the flesh.
    Yes; Jesus IS God in a body.
    No; ALL flesh is not the same kind of flesh.
    No; ALL body's are the same kind of body's.
    No; Jesus IS NOT a created Human man.

Phil 2:
    [7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    [8] And being found in fashion as a man...

The understanding IS:
    WHAT HE WAS...BEFORE He "TOOK UPON HIMSELF" the form (body) of an Earthly man?

Then remember...God IS Spirit, He changes NOT.

(Men do not CHANGE because they drape a sheet over themselves and call themselves a ghost...and say boooo.)
    Just sayin...
    ;)

Glory to God,
    Taken

GRACE ambassador likes this.
  14. Robert Gwin

Robert Gwin Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    In a word no. If Jesus is God then he lied at Mark 10:40 and 13:32; as well as deceptively told us there was a God in heaven who was a spirit being. He was loose in his head for praying to himself and ventriloquisting a voice from heaven that was supposed to be God's. All his teachings about God and being sent by Him would obviously be false, so I sincerely hope you are in error, as I like to cling to my hope that is based on truth, rather than lies.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jehovah is God Jeremiah 10:10 as well as who Jesus is Mat 16:16, therefore I side with Peter whom God revealed that to, that Jesus is the son of the Living God sir. I would recommend you get a more accurately translated version of the Bible, one that doesn't say Jehovah is God and then at the same time say the Word (Jesus) is as well, and then saying he is God's son.

15. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Who made the statement? God the word, after His kenosis in Philippians 2, whereby He (temporarily) set aside the powers of God by emptying Himself to take the form of a man, and became a humble servant.

The humble servant man, Jesus, didn’t know all things in His mortal incarnation.

I guarantee you the risen Jesus knows all things again.

Maranatha

GEN2REV likes this.
  16. Soul

Soul Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You know Jesus is the one who said, "But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone" (Mt. 24:36). This verse and one's struggle to understand how God can be Spirit [the Father] and flesh [the Son/Jesus] does not negate the verses that reveal Jesus is God Incarnate. Do you believe the verses in the OP, for example, do not reveal Jesus is God Incarnate? If so, why?

GEN2REV likes this.
  17. Soul

Soul Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Jesus is not a liar or crazy. And just because you do not understand how God can be Spirit [the Father] and flesh [the Son/Jesus] does not make my Scripture translation inaccurate. What translation of Scripture do you use?

Cassandra likes this.
  18. BroRando

BroRando Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No, because Incarnation is a pagan teaching.

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Galatians 4:4
    But when the full limit of the time arrived, God sent his Son, who was born of a woman and who was under law,

1 John 4:9
    By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him.

1 John 4:10
    The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.

John 10:36
    do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Therefore Jesus Christ can rightly be called the apostle and high priest. "Consequently, holy brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the apostle and high priest whom we acknowledge—Jesus." Hebrews 3:1

The High Priest is a mediator between God and his congregation. "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus," 1 Timothy 2:5

19. Soul

Soul Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Now explain how the verses in the OP do not reveal Jesus is God Incarnate.

Truth.

20. BroRando

BroRando Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I thought I just did. God sent Jesus.

So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of divine favor and truth. (John 1:14)

For modalism to work, one would have to deny the only begotten Son of God. You would have to claim that God is the begotten Son. Therefore the teaching that God is Begotten is not truthful. God is eternal.